Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

@Alflives I have asked you multiple times and in multiple threads and I do get the alerts so the block isn't working. But out of respect if I repeatedly ask you why not just stop? As for your fisher comment I remember when you joined CDC and I won't say anymore so don't talk to me about any fishing..

Cheers friend. Just don’t look at old furry assed Alf’s posts. He might be a drunk alien. 

1149F8D8-B810-4B95-9E54-5F1EA8A19370.gif

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

@RomanPer what would happen to Israel if they “turned the other cheek” to these terrorist attacks? IMHAO they’d cease to exist if they didn’t fight back against HAMAS.  But you clearly know more about this situation than most here. Israel has to respond and it must be significant, no? 

They can only fight back proportionally I think. The Israelies are always contstrained by the fact that the presence of a significant muslim population helps ensure their survival--protection from remote attacks. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's a screenshot from their twitter account.  Why is CUPE allowing them to support terrorist activity and the slaughter of innocent women and children?  Whoever is in charge of CUPE 3906 should be arrested and thrown in jail...

Damn thats messed up maybe they got hacked

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Really? Last I checked, Gaza is under full Palestinian control for quite a few years. What have they done for their own people? Nothing. All their resources go into building rockets and trying to hurt Israel.

Nice, so Gaza has been under naval and land blockade since 2007

and the west bank has been occupied by IDF forces and colonized by settlers every year for the past decade.

Source? I was in hebron last year.

nice try though. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

Nice, so Gaza has been under naval and land blockade since 2007

and the west bank has been occupied by IDF forces and colonized by settlers every year for the past decade.

Source? I was in hebron last year.

nice try though. 

Right, let’s ignore the reason for the blockade and what exactly is being blockaded…

22 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Damn thats messed up maybe they got hacked

CUPE local 3906 is McMaster University.  Their website has a box that promises to show any tweets they send.  It currently is blank.

I think the tweets are coming from WesternStandardNews.   They have a website full of ultra right nonsense.

Edited by Satchmo
somehow posted half a post
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

All this is true, but so is the actions of Hamas. As a half Jewish person, not a Zionist and sympathetic to the Palestinian situation, Hamas does not want peace. They want Israel wiped off the planet. 

it’s a vicious circle

Israel has occupied, that leads to more violence from Hamas, that leads to more violence from the IDF in the name of national security, that gives Hamas more support in Palestine, and leads to more violence.

It’s so sad, I just have no clue how this can ever end. 

How can this end? Its pretty fucking obvious. 

Remove the illegal settlements in the west bank and let people in Gaza import enough livestock and food to live. 

How tf do people think this is an intractable conflict thats been going on forever, when Hamas is basically a brand new organization.

Hamas didn't exist in the 1990s, The PLO was the palestinian terrorist organization of the day, and renounced violence because it had a partner in peace in Ehud Barak (Israeli PM at the time) who was actually sympathetic to the fact that Palestinians were depopulated to make way for the state of israel. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

Some examples of things that have been blockaded for your reference: "jam, candles, books, musical instruments, shampoo, A4 paper, and livestock such as chicken, donkeys, and cows"

Also pretty clear you don't wanna talk about the illegal settlements in the west bank & eviction of palestinians from their homes which is the only reason Hamas exists in the first place. The occupation I'm talking about is the occupation of the west bank which is loaded with checkpoints and roadblocks, and in hebron in particular, there were roads that palestinians were not allowed to walk down (only israeli settlers). 

a little history lesson for you - the PLO put down its weapons and picked the diplomatic route when Israel had a government that wasn't bent on cleansing the territories of all Palestinians and replacing them with settlers. 

Again violence against civilians is always wrong. But Israel is far from the victim in the broader conflict when you consider the fact that millions of palestinians were cleansed from their homes to pave the way for europeans and north americans to settle there. 

Ehud Barak offered practically everything Arafat wanted, including Eastern Jerusalem. And Arafat said “No” because had he accepted it, he would no longer have a leg to stand on in his real reason to fight - complete destruction of Israel. Again, look at the example of Egypt and Jordan and perfect example of peaceful coexistence of Israel with its Arab neighbours. You seem to be ignoring that little fact of what article 7 of Hamas charter says. It absolutely doesn’t matter what kind of concessions Israel offers, including, let’s say, removal of settlements that you are so hellbent about. After all, Israel already removed all its settlements from Gaza. How much did it help?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

Ehud Barak offered practically everything Arafat wanted, including Eastern Jerusalem. And Arafat said “No” because had he accepted it, he would no longer have a leg to stand on in his real reason to fight - complete destruction of Israel. Again, look at the example of Egypt and Jordan and perfect example of peaceful coexistence of Israel with its Arab neighbours. You seem to be ignoring that little fact of what article 7 of Hamas charter says. It absolutely doesn’t matter what kind of concessions Israel offers, including, let’s say, removal of settlements that you are so hellbent about. After all, Israel already removed all its settlements from Gaza. How much did it help?

So you're just rewriting history then? The right of return for palestinian refugees, and sovereignty over holy sites were 2 of several points that Barak did not compromise on. If your version of history is true - then why did Arafat renounce terrorism and the PLO officially acknowledge Israel's right to exist?

So Israel removes some settlements from Gaza, then depopulates parts of the West Bank and builds more settlements there- and youre surprised that didn't assuage the grievances felt by the Palestinians?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

So you're just rewriting history then? The right of return for palestinian refugees, and sovereignty over holy sites were 2 of several points that Barak did not compromise on. If your version of history is true - then why did Arafat renounce terrorism and the PLO officially acknowledge Israel's right to exist?

So Israel removes some settlements from Gaza, then depopulates parts of the West Bank and builds more settlements there- and youre surprised that didn't assuage the grievances felt by the Palestinians?

Ok, how far back in history do you want to go? Because i can do it all day. What happened the very next day in 1948 after UN decision on 2 states? Did Israel attack all its neighbours or the other way around? Arab leaders told their own people to leave and let them wipe out Jews before they can return. Well, they were right, they can’t return until they wipe out Jews, which is never. All Israel wants is to live in peace. You keep ignoring examples of Egypt and Jordan.

I'm gonna stop talking on this issue right now because it makes my blood boil. 

I much rather shitpost and simp for Loui Eriksson.

I'll close on this note - if you're never been to Palestine, or don't have family/friends there, you owe it to yourself to properly research the entire history of the region before just echoing the political leaders of today.

These are the same political leaders who told us that Iraq had WMDs and therefore a war that would ultimately result in a million deaths was justified. They're liars who say whatever is politically expedient. 

Just hop on youtube and watch 5-10 videos from historians on the origins of the conflict, try to find out why Palestinians are without homes today, watch some videos on what its like living in a city under occupation and then form an opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1