Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

Arab lives have been worth barely a fraction of non-arab lives for the past few decades. 

Think most people here who treat the US/Israel/UK like "civilized" countries and pretend that they've followed humanitarian principles/international law are lying to themselves.

I don't understand this post. Can you elaborate a bit? How do you come to this idea?

2 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

Let the arabs who were depopulated go back home to their villages and towns that they were cleansed out of by israel. thats the only answer, or violence will continue. 

Again, that is a nice thought, but it is 100% fantasy. Israel will not move to have that happen. The hope that the 1.2 million Gazans born in Gaza over the last 25 years can reclaim thier grandfathers homes is a false hope. I am not the bad guy for saying the truth, it is simply not possible, Israel will not do that.  What we need is a real solution to save lives on both sides, quickly. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I can see Hezbollah getting involved very soon.

Involved meaning like 2006, just with greater military capabilities in 2023.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it's 1967 all over again. Thankfully Harper isn't PM because he wanted to defend Israel "no matter the cost."

The US tax payer will be on the hook for at least three militaries, US, Israel and Ukraine. If China goes after Taiwan, then it'll be four militaries..

Edited by Ryan Strome

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Again, that is a nice thought, but it is 100% fantasy. Israel will not move to have that happen. The hope that the 1.2 million Gazans born in Gaza over the last 25 years can reclaim thier grandfathers homes is a false hope. I am not the bad guy for saying the truth, it is simply not possible, Israel will not do that.  What we need is a real solution to save lives on both sides, quickly. 

they'd settle for just being able to move back within the borders of the state they were forcibly removed from

if israel isn't going to let people do that, while they openly invite europeans/north americans to move to israel by "birthright", the state will experience ongoing violent resistance. 

israel expecting otherwise is a fantasy as well. 

if we have any shred of humanity, we'd back up the people who just want to go back to the villages and towns that they were chased out of, not the criminals that chased them out. the rest of the world understands this, its really just western countries that dont. 

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

I can not see if this is true or not true, however a wide angle shot of a Hamas Rocket misfire has been recorded, and it appears to be moments before the Hospital is kaboom'd.

Do you really believe a Hamas rocket could level a hospital?

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

I know that Hamas has stockpiled rockets in hospitals, UN schools and Mosques in the past, including two last week that when exploded by Israel ignited tunnels full of rockets and explosives.

So while the easy answer is No, the not to easy to see answer is possibly if the explosive war head was powerful enough or if it ignited gases or stockpiles. it is very easy to make guesses from where we are, it is almost impossible to see the exact truth an hour after something has happened.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it's 1967 all over again. Thankfully Harper isn't PM because he wanted to defend Israel "no matter the cost."

The US tax payer will be on the hook for at least three militaries, US, Israel and Ukraine. If China goes after Taiwan, then it'll be four militaries..

Hezbollah has around 15-25k fighters plus just as much if not more in reserve. With surface to air missiles, various anti tank weaponry and large amounts of artillery and rocket launchers, they have the potential to inflict heavy casualties on Israel. 

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Hezbollah has around 15-25k fighters plus just as much if not more in reserve. With surface to air missiles, various anti tank weaponry and large amounts of artillery and rocket launchers, they have the potential to inflict heavy casualties on Israel. 

not to mention funding and commands from Iran

10 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I don't disagree with you on that which is why I also don't think there is solution to the rockets or the continued existence of Hamas. If they manage to destroy Hamas then there will likely be a something even more sinister replacing it. There is no real solution to save lives, the end result is that Israel destroys Palestine completely after much hand wringing and finger wagging in the West.

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Iran, Saudia Arabia and Egypt getting pissed off. How long before their citizens urge their governments to respond to Israeli war crimes?

10 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I can not see if this is true or not true, however a wide angle shot of a Hamas Rocket misfire has been recorded, and it appears to be moments before the Hospital is kaboom'd.

Possibly an old video being rehashed?

5 minutes ago, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

Your idea of a hospital is the one you and I go to when we're sick.

A hospital in Gaza is probably nothing more than a building with beds and some medicine.

1 minute ago, Riddikulus said:

I don't disagree with you on that which is why I also don't think there is solution to the rockets or the continued existence of Hamas. If they manage to destroy Hamas then there will likely be a something even more sinister replacing it. There is no real solution to save lives, the end result is that Israel destroys Palestine completely after much hand wringing and finger wagging in the West.

which takes us back ten days ago in this thread. It is likely that Gaza City will be bulldozed into the mediteranean. it is harder for the humanitarian side to occur, but i would expect women and children will eventually be veted and moved to the West Bank and fighting age men thouroughly veted before being cleared to join them. I don't believe posessions or weapons will go with them to the west bank, and this assumes no other nation takes on refugees from Gaza, but I don't see the end result being going back to a status quo where Hamas can shoot up Israeli's ever again. 

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Possibly an old video being rehashed?

Your idea of a hospital is the one you and I go to when we're sick.

A hospital in Gaza is probably nothing more than a building with beds and some medicine.

I have also seen the low flying rocket video swooping left then a hard right across the screen, that one is 100% an old video. The Al Jazeera footage of about 90 minutes ago now doesn't seem old. I could be mistaken.

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

The only bomb that would cause this type of carnage would be laser guided 1000-2000 lb bomb dropped from a plane.

The only way a grad or katyusha type of rocket killing this many people would be if this place was used as a very very large explosive storage facility.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I did a quick search and was unable to find any evidence to back up this claim. Maybe you could post some?

I did find this interview she did with Hans Blix (the guy who was tasked with actually finding the WMDs) but it doesn't appear to me that she is pushing the narrative that Iraq had them....

https://www.iaea.org/sites/default/files/publications/magazines/bulletin/bull46-1/46102096971.pdf

I watched Amanpour for years.  I also watched the Gulf war.  What we were told by CNN and the rest of the mainstream media as well as the US government were all lies.  1 million innocent Iraqi people were killed because of a lie. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

The only bomb that would cause this type of carnage would be laser guided 1000-2000 lb bomb dropped from a plane.

The only way a grad or katyusha type of rocket killing this many people would be if this place was used as a very very large explosive storage facility.

Exactly. Apparently the individual you are quoting is a veteran of the Canadian armed forces. I will fully think that he knows the rocket could not do that damage.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Iran, Saudia Arabia and Egypt getting pissed off. How long before their citizens urge their governments to respond to Israeli war crimes?

KSA is not getting involved, they are too cozy with Israel and the U.S. They could give two shits about the Palestinians. Iran on the other hand will use Hezbollah to do their bidding for them. I don’t see Egypt getting involved either. 

Just now, CBH1926 said:

KSA is not getting involved, they are too cozy with Israel and the U.S. They could give two shits about the Palestinians. Iran on the other hand will use Hezbollah to do their bidding for them. I don’t see Egypt getting involved either. 

Apparently Saudi Arabia cut their peace negotiations with Israel and are actually quite disappointed with the US response to all this. While I would agree with much of what you were saying, war has a funny way of snowballing out of control.

• Cheers 1