Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

As I said, I'm going to take a break from this thread. You are correct It was disproven but when the president of the United States claimed it did happen and he seen the photos, do you think that's swayed a lot of people? And no, I witness testimony is questionable at best always. This is why courtrooms generally ask for evidence.

No, it doesn't. He's Jewish try to keep up.

I mean....🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias is insuperable for most people, but they can manage it, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills.

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

She was pumping the US tires on the lie in 2002...

CNN.com - Christiane Amanpour: Iraq says it sought weapons components - Dec. 2, 2002

AMANPOUR: Officials (say) they are awaiting ... further information by the time of the December 8 declaration -- when Iraq has to come up with a full, formal and credible list of information about its weapons of mass destruction program.

But what we've been told by a high-ranking official is that Iraq, during meetings with U.N. weapons inspectors in Baghdad two weeks ago, did admit to having tried to import aluminum tubes. This would amount to a violation of the existing U.N. sanctions.

Of course, she presents an anonymous source, typical with the mainstream media.  It's always a "high ranking official" to make it sound legit...

Here she is pumping the lie again...

CNN.com - Christiane Amanpour: Reaction to Bush's 'axis of evil' warning - January 30, 2002

AMANPOUR: When President Bush described North Korea, Iraq and Iran as "an axis of evil," that was the sharpest and harshest language any U.S. administration has used yet to describe those countries.

In the past, they have been described as "rogue states," with accusations of them building nuclear weapons, weapons of mass destruction or at least pursuing that technology and indeed supporting terrorism.

Did she actually say out of her mouth, 'Yes, I believe Iraq has weapons of mass destruction"?  No, she did not.  Of course she wouldn't say that on the record.  But her and all of the others in the mainstream media kept pushing the war machine every day for months until Iraq was obliterated and 1 million innocent people killed.

Then it's like a few months late, oops we are sorry, they didn't really have these weapons...

"What we have been told"...."they have been described".....That's called "reporting". She isn't offering an opinion one way or another.

Your attempt to discredit one of the world's most respected journalists is rather pathetic, honestly. Just to try and back up your claim that all media is, (as you put it) "dogshit"....:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Seems like the "propaganda" war is heating up.  Both sides looking to make the other side look bad.  This is gonna get ugly...

it is far past ugly as of about 12 days ago. The question now is when will Israel feel they have reduced Hamas capabilities enough to provide a decade of relative peace, OR, taking the leadership at their word: when will they decide they have eradicated Hamas?

Just now, RupertKBD said:

"What we have been told"...."they have been described".....That's called "reporting". She isn't offering an opinion one way or another.

Your attempt to discredit one of the world's most respected journalists is rather pathetic, honestly. Just to try and back up your claim that all media is, (as you put it) "dogshit"....:classic_rolleyes:

I have always liked and watched Amanpour, mostly back in her field reporting days, haven't watched much of her hour long show on CNN but from 3 or 4 episodes earlier in 2023.

On the whole, I respect her probably more than any other reporter i can name other than Chantel Hebert. 

46 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Hezbollah has around 15-25k fighters plus just as much if not more in reserve. With surface to air missiles, various anti tank weaponry and large amounts of artillery and rocket launchers, they have the potential to inflict heavy casualties on Israel. 

With what we have seen happen to the 2nd largest most sophisticated army in the world with their arms and armaments against a supposedly inferior force wielding western arms and backed by western intelligence while only having an experienced armed forces capable of bullying african nations and neighbouring states.

Hezbollah could have 150k fighters + but the issue is, Israel is NOT Russia and they DO have western arms and literally 6 decades of combat experience with an armed services that are almost to the person combat trained.  With a reserve force of tens if not hundreds of thousands in varying age groups capable of taking up arms.  Backed by the msot high tech US arms and intelligence with a US force parked offshore that dwarfs the entire armed forces of almost every other nation on the planet.

In the event Hezbollah does in fact move they will be systematically exterminated and while they will undoubtedly cause some damage to the Israeli forces they will also cease to exist as a fighting force.  

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

As I said, I'm going to take a break from this thread. You are correct It was disproven but when the president of the United States claimed it did happen and he seen the photos, do you think that's swayed a lot of people? And no, I witness testimony is questionable at best always. This is why courtrooms generally ask for evidence.

No, it doesn't. He's Jewish try to keep up.

Yes, I believe it did sway alot of people.  I agree 100%.  Biden should never have done that.  But again, Biden is 100% on the Israeli side, so again this is a propaganda war as well as a physical war.  Both sides are gonna try and make the other side look bad to get empathy and people on their side.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not really sure what's happening here or what the point is you're making but I was being a smart-ass. As I said, I'm going to take a break from this thread though. Cheers

I'm saying that Roman is the quintessential epitome of what Optimus posted in regards to Confirmation Bias.

While I respect the hell out of him, he has significant interests on one side and far too many emotional statements made which indicate he is unable to take an objective stance on things.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I have always liked and watched Amanpour, mostly back in her field reporting days, haven't watched much of her hour long show on CNN but from 3 or 4 episodes earlier in 2023.

On the whole, I respect her probably more than any other reporter i can name other than Chantel Hebert. 

I did a bit of digging and it turns out I was actually underestimating her.....

CNN Chief International Correspondent Christiane Amanpour has earned every major television journalism award, including 11 News and Documentary Emmy Awards, four Peabody Awards, two George Polk Awards, three duPont-Columbia Awards and the Courage in Journalism Award.

Not bad for a "tire pumper"....

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Seems like the "propaganda" war is heating up.  Both sides looking to make the other side look bad.  This is gonna get ugly...

The war on and for public opinion is often as violent and disgusting as that of real world conflict.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

This is one of the most honest things you have ever written on this forum.

I'll give you the win on this one because you probably haven't won much in your life so I'm glad you got to get that off your chest. Cheers

And just because I don't want the endless responses, I'm going to have to throw you on the block list maybe just for a few days.

Edited by Ryan Strome

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

She was literally reporting on a fake war, a war that had no basis in even being started, a war started based on a lie.  1 million innocent people dead and the only thing you care about is your "gotcha' moment with Petey and making sure that Amanpour's reputation is intact.  Pathetic...

Did Amanpour ever apologize to the Iraqi people and say I am sorry that you had 1 million people die because of a lie that I "reported"?

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, I believe it did sway alot of people.  I agree 100%.  Biden should never have done that.  But again, Biden is 100% on the Israeli side, so again this is a propaganda war as well as a physical war.  Both sides are gonna try and make the other side look bad to get empathy and people on their side.  

I have briefed a PM or two back in the day, and I know that from say 25 pages of daily intel compiled the PM might get a paragraph of the bullet points and in huge situations like this one maybe a few images or a video if it is critical to understanding. I would guess biden was shown images, perhaps the two pictures I also saw early on over a week ago. It appeared to me that the dead baby had either no head or in hindsight, thinking about entry and exit ballistic characteristics, perhaps just a pancake left. I can't be certain as it was pixelated, thank goodness, in the area of discussion. This is a terrible topic to elaborate on. My point is that I don't believe Biden would just lie about it. Maybe, humans do lie, it is in our nature 100%, but my best guess is he was told it was true by believable people like the intel community or they literally showed him the image/images showing him it was true. I don't think any news outlet in the free world would publish that image, and I don't believe that the average civilian needs to see it. We have all seen enough of the images from the opening murderous rampage 12 days back to know that it is highly likely that this is true: but let us say that it is not: that doesn't change the fact there are dead babies and kids and women and men and grannies and grand dads from the initial attack from Hamas. A picture doesn't matter at this point, we have seen thousands of minutes of video uploaded by Hamas themselves glorifying the horrors they unleashed. Fighting over one picture is obfuscation at best. Sorry for the graphic language. It is shitty.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I have briefed a PM or two back in the day, and I know that from say 25 pages of daily intel compiled the PM might get a paragraph of the bullet points and in huge situations like this one maybe a few images or a video if it is critical to understanding. I would guess biden was shown images, perhaps the two pictures I also saw early on over a week ago. It appeared to me that the dead baby had either no head or in hindsight, thinking about entry and exit ballistic characteristics, perhaps just a pancake left. I can't be certain as it was pixelated, thank goodness, in the area of discussion. This is a terrible topic to elaborate on. My point is that I don't believe Biden would just lie about it. Maybe, humans do lie, it is in our nature 100%, but my best guess is he was told it was true by believable people like the intel community or they literally showed him the image/images showing him it was true. I don't think any news outlet in the free world would publish that image, and I don't believe that the average civilian needs to see it. We have all seen enough of the images from the opening murderous rampage 12 days back to know that it is highly likely that this is true: but let us say that it is not: that doesn't change the fact there are dead babies and kids and women and men and grannies and grand dads from the initial attack from Hamas. A picture doesn't matter at this point, we have seen thousands of minutes of video uploaded by Hamas themselves glorifying the horrors they unleashed. Fighting over one picture is obfuscation at best. Sorry for the graphic language. It is shitty.  

Yes, I saw those pictures.  They were posted on X by the Israeli X account.  They were proven to be AI images but the Israeli account never deleted the tweet.  I am sure that is what Bibi showed Biden.  At the end of the day, I don't think Biden lied that he actually saw the pictures.  The problem is that he pushed the narrative that the beheaded baby story was true, so it swayed alot more people.

At the end of the day, this is going to continue and get worse.  Both sides are going to push the propaganda war to get more people on their side to justify the killings that are going to keep happening...

• Cheers 2

I just saw another cleaner video from A. J. showing the failed Hamas rocket seconds before the Hospital blew up. Trying to get it in a sharable format now...

To be clear: i don't know. Anyone saying I said i know is wrong. This is however what I have been seeing and hearing for about two hours now..

the warhead appears to separate from the rocket as it misfires. the warhead jetisons (faintly seen) up and lofts to the right, and as the camera pans down the explosion seems to be at the end of that arc. The rocket propelant explodes in the air as the warhead is propelled up and right...

I can not say if this is real or not nor if it is only 2 hours old. It is being talked about as if it is legit in some channels. 

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

She was literally reporting on a fake war, a war that had no basis in even being started, a war started based on a lie.  1 million innocent people dead and the only thing you care about is your "gotcha' moment with Petey and making sure that Amanpour's reputation is intact.  Pathetic...

Did Amanpour ever apologize to the Iraqi people and say I am sorry that you had 1 million people die because of a lie that I "reported"?

The war wasn't "fake". The justification for it most certainly was. It's the job of reporters to report what government officials are saying.

Why should she apologize for simply reporting what she was told? There are people with blood on their hands, and they deserve the blame far more than someone who was just doing their job.

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Everyone was reporting on this. This was the information news outlets were given by the Bush Administration. If anyone should be apologizing it's them.

You're twisting yourself into knots to try and justify a stupid take.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They were proven to be AI images but the Israeli account never deleted the tweet. 

certainly not arguing, but can you point me to the proof? I have not seen it yet. Would be nice peace of mind to know they were fake.

1 hour ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

they'd settle for just being able to move back within the borders of the state they were forcibly removed from

if israel isn't going to let people do that, while they openly invite europeans/north americans to move to israel by "birthright", the state will experience ongoing violent resistance. 

israel expecting otherwise is a fantasy as well. 

if we have any shred of humanity, we'd back up the people who just want to go back to the villages and towns that they were chased out of, not the criminals that chased them out. the rest of the world understands this, its really just western countries that dont. 

That's a lot of 75 year olds who want back into Israel. 

6 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

The war wasn't "fake". The justification for it most certainly was. It's the job of reporters to report what government officials are saying.

Why should she apologize for simply reporting what she was told? There are people with blood on their hands, and they deserve the blame far more than someone who was just doing their job.

Of course the war itself wasn't "fake".  1 million people died.  It was very real.  Like you said, the justification for it was fake and a lie.  Every person involved in that war is responsible to some degree.  Some more than others.  Was Amanpour directly responsible for 1 million people dying?  Of course not.  But CNN and all of the other mainstream media news kept pumping that war for months with daily and hourly coverage.  The mainstream media IMO was complicit.

Anyways, I'm not interested in derailing this thread with this any longer...

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Everyone was reporting on this. This was the information news outlets were given by the Bush Administration. If anyone should be apologizing it's them.

You're twisting yourself into knots to try and justify a stupid take.

Exactly it is Cheney and W that should be prosecuted.

• Cheers 2