Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

13 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Restraint not aggression is what is called for at this moment!

Restraint will take courage at the moment! Here below is a propaganda video specifically designed to trigger Israel. 

Even though many will think it it is a video to justify aggressive action? 

17 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Call on Hamas to condemn actions like shooting border guards, hostages, and police! Separate Palestinians from Hamas in all media & communications. 

We will give Palestinians...

We call on Hamas to return hostages...

By all means defend all current positions, including Phildelphi. But don't get drawn in to being the aggressor for the moment. Especially the West Bank. Don't hope you can rescue every hostage because you rescued three a month ago, 1 two weeks ago. Yet lost 6 last week. Let the world see Hamas killing people. Call on them to lay down their activities!

Israel would love to separate Hamas from the Palestinian population. Pretty difficult when Hamas goes out of their way to imbed themselves in schools, hospitals, and wherever people are. The Hamas game plan is to use their people as shields. Beneficial as it gives them protection and it also feeds their propaganda machine.

• Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Taxi said:

Israel would love to separate Hamas from the Palestinian population. Pretty difficult when Hamas goes out of their way to imbed themselves in schools, hospitals, and wherever people are. The Hamas game plan is to use their people as shields. Beneficial as it gives them protection and it also feeds their propaganda machine.

I agree & it was sort of the point. 

The problem is, this not been separated in the mind of world opinion. Many people are outraged because Palestinians have been 'locked in the worlds largest outdoor prison.' Which is Hamas successfully winning a media war. It has to be framed differently. Including with a lens of hope?

*  ''We are willing to work with the Palestinians of Gaza! They deserve a home''

State it every single time an Israeli official gets in front of a microphone, in any media. Hope goes to Palestinians. Biden is putting pressure on Israel Bibi said?  ''We asked Joe, we also asked Qatar, Egypt to ask Hamas amongst Palestinians to put down weapons & give back hostages, so borders can be opened.'' ''We asked Egypt to consider how we secure their border?  We mentioned how dangerous it must be when a black market tunnel system offers so many weapons and money, even people smuggling through Egypt to fuel Hamas.'' Frame responsibility for stopping terror even among the intermediaries.

* ''We want to open borders, give everyone including Palestinians security. How do we stop the rockets? How do we get hostages back?''  

When that lens of hope starts getting reported. Suddenly Hamas will be the bad guy, not Bibi when 6 hostages get murdered. At least with some...

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

''We are willing to work with the Palestinians of Gaza! They deserve a home''

''We are willing to work with Palestinians. Like Jewish people, everybody deserves a home!''

''We have been asked, pressured even, and we are participating in discussions about ceasefire agreements.  Agreed to proposals made by international negotiators!''

''We would like to ask the International community to call Hezbollah in to the peace solution. They have fired over 8000 missiles, almost 100 a day, since Oct 8. Oct 8 must symbolize that it is ok to kill Jewish kids, festival attendee's, grandmothers, and families, rape and take hostages. Most of these missiles have been fired at civilian targets.''

* ''We are willing to work with the entire multi-racial community of its country, on peace and improved life for Lebanese people!''

* "We call on Hezbollah, their Iranian masters, to stop their deadly assaults!''

* ''Our response to date has been guarded, targeting weapons and militants who routinely have caused death and dismemberment to disarm Hezbollah militants embedded in Lebanon's ability to hurt Jews.'' ''We are trying to be patient with the situation, including with this appeal"

''We call on all Lebanese, and all those that support them around the world, to pressure Hezbollah embedded amongst them regarding peaceful discussions.''  

‘Supporting a Murderous Military’ – Momentum Grows to Stop Canada’s Tax Breaks for Genocide

GAZA LIVE BLOG: ‘Most Horrific Massacre’ in Mawasi | Israel Kills over 40 Refugees | Whole Families ‘Disappeared’ | Day 339

Restoring Psychological Deterrence – Torture of Palestinians as a ‘Systematic Strategy’

The Palestinian Chronicle produced these three articles, based out of Puget Sound Washington.  There is of course a factual basis underpinning the reporting. Yet, like an Israeli source while in shock made claims & suddenly 30 or 40 babies were beheaded? This reporting is prevalent in the Western World, and of course targeted to  liberal intended thinkers via subsequent social media campaigns, filtering input in to universities, anti-war groups.  It is told as if the only truth, and as if is unbiased. It is not! Look among the reports on the web site? There are twenty plus references to Israel performing Genocide. There are few reporting the quest to kill all Jews as headlines. 

This type of reporting and spread of propaganda is what kids see at the University of Saskatchewan, even open plan teaching in high schools in places like East Kildonan.   Then Palestinian and Egyptian 'refugee's' attend classes at these universities. Start rallies.  There are precious few Jewish kids rallying causes in Jordan. Our own goal of multiculturalism and liberal thought allows the spread of propaganda to occur in our society. 

About The Palestine Chronicle

About Us

The Palestine Chronicle is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to educate the general public by providing a forum that strives to highlight issues of relevance to human rights, national struggles, freedom and democracy in the form of daily news, commentary, features, TV programs, podcasts, book reviews, photos, art .. in addition to media and other speaking engagements.

The Palestine Chronicle team consists of professional journalists and respected writers and authors who don’t speak on behalf of any political party or champion any specific political agenda.

The Palestine Chronicle website was established in September 1999 and has grown in its importance and scope of coverage mostly because of the support it received from socially conscious and progressive scholars, writers, activists, readers and communities around the world.

To view Palestine Chronicle’s public reports, please search in the IRS Tax Exempt Organization Search Details. Find us under People Media Project.

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Oh, good old backpedaling... How about all these around the world (and this thread) who hurried to convict Israel of genocide based on this unsubstantiated allegation? Will we hear apologies from them? I don't count on it, but it also explains why Israel no longer gives a fuck about the court of public opinion as much as it used to.

And South Africa... They are probably waiting for evidence from Hamas...

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Oh, good old backpedaling... How about all these around the world (and this thread) who hurried to convict Israel of genocide based on this unsubstantiated allegation? Will we hear apologies from them? I don't count on it, but it also explains why Israel no longer gives a fuck about the court of public opinion as much as it used to.

The link between SA and Putin was there, if anyone cared to look.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The link between SA and Putin was there, if anyone cared to look.

SA has a history of being F-ed over by the British and NATO (apartheid) and long-standing relationship with the Soviet block. Their main political party, the ANC, arose during apartheid and was initially heavily supported by the USSR and those ties remain. South Africa has, for example, refused to condemn Russia for its invasion of Ukraine. They are far from a neutral party.

• ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Check out the video by the same Abdul Hussain I posted just above that tweet;   https://youtu.be/cmz4O_TQyd0 

Who suggests if Palestinians want peace? Palestinians need to police and get rid of militants like Hamas themselves. A point I have echo'd many times, even challenged others. Have a position accepting others. Take care of your own people's behaviour. 

I don't view Israeli genocide, apartheid. By Hamas sure!

Any ideology like Islamic Revolution where other cultures & religions have no rights is the non starter for me.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

If Canadian put in jail. If not Canadian immediately deport. If people feel so strongly about this issue than go to that region and fight there. No room here for you. 

I'm ok with protests and that people have their views. Not that they break the law, enter & disrupt businesses. I would be targeting rally organizers, also the ones with violent activities, misinformation. 

I am disappointed they have have that view. As above, and I just visited the ME and talked with people like Abdul Hussain who believe in co-existance & that all people have rights. That 'students' who should be thinkers? Allow a proliferation of media to brainwash & yes, which we should protest, also content in schools and universities to teach dangerous conclusions. Like Jews don't have a right to be anywhere from the river to the sea.     

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Check out the video by the same Abdul Hussain I posted just above that tweet;   https://youtu.be/cmz4O_TQyd0 

Who suggests if Palestinians want peace? Palestinians need to police and get rid of militants like Hamas themselves. A point I have echo'd many times, even challenged others. Have a position accepting others. Take care of your own people's behaviour. 

I don't view Israeli genocide, apartheid. By Hamas sure!

Any ideology like Islamic Revolution where other cultures & religions have no rights is the non starter for me.

I didn't mean you backpedaling 🙂. I think you know exactly what I had in mind on that. I respect your position on the issue.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This discusses the fine line between what is acceptable & not in educational faculties. 

Clearly lines were crossed by Anti-Semitic & Israeli supporters.  I have my opinion as to which was more dangerous, but form your own opinion.

Oh, how convenient to cry wolf about something. Where was her indignation when Jewish students were assaulted on that same campus in much-much larger numbers? All those assaults are on the video, while we have to take her on her word about these alleged 3 Israeli students? And then in the middle of her sentence she just off hand adds "inshallah"? Really?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I just watched the video above. That person claims three specific people are known by the university to have sprayed chemicals on protestors which in some cases hospitalized them. Has she contacted the police with her evidence of this blatant crime? The three people who they know to have done it will face criminal prosecution if they call the police with the information they have. 

Clearly they don't 'know' anything or they would act on that data.

She should be relieved of her position. She is not clearing a rather low bar of impartiality at all and is instructing through behaviour an intolerance among her students that borders on anti-Semitism, if not out rightly so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

56 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I just watched the video above. That person claims three specific people are known by the university to have sprayed chemicals on protestors which in some cases hospitalized them. Has she contacted the police with her evidence of this blatant crime? The three people who they know to have done it will face criminal prosecution if they call the police with the information they have. 

Clearly they don't 'know' anything or they would act on that data.

She should be relieved of her position. She is not clearing a rather low bar of impartiality at all and is instructing through behaviour an intolerance among her students that borders on anti-Semitism, if not out rightly so. 

This is the correct answer. Each should be accountable legally for their actions, regardless which side.  Its not the prof's responsibility to lone wolf political views, or take part in rallying activism with public statements because of 'assaults' by some Jewish students. Or Palestinian for that matter. Just report illegal activity.

Morally; the only way her rhetoric is acceptable in my opinion would be as a part of an approved curriculum outlining the plight of Palestinian people. Curriculum including activism is even fine, just not being it's figurehead on campus. The University would then have a responsibility to classes, or even better if taught as part of the same class with someone else teaching the divergent view. Hyde Park also becomes a pulpit for propaganda if only one side can make presentations. I would encourage her sacking.

As an aside; did the Jewish students pepper spray an assailant? Or were they the aggressor... 

40 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This is the correct answer. Each should be accountable legally for their actions, regardless which side.  Its not the prof's responsibility to lone wolf political views, or take part in rallying activism with public statements because of 'assaults' by some Jewish students. Or Palestinian for that matter. Just report illegal activity.

Morally; the only way her rhetoric is acceptable in my opinion would be as a part of an approved curriculum outlining the plight of Palestinian people. Curriculum including activism is even fine, just not being it's figurehead on campus. The University would then have a responsibility to classes, or even better if taught as part of the same class with someone else teaching the divergent view. Hyde Park also becomes a pulpit for propaganda if only one side can make presentations. I would encourage her sacking.

As an aside; did the Jewish students pepper spray an assailant? Or were they the aggressor... 

My money is on that this didn't even happen.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

My money is on that this didn't even happen.

Even if it did? My own money was pepper spray in self defense. There was quite rampant abuse of Jews after Oct 7.

With hundreds of thousands of students, even working class protesting pro-Palestinian across N America? Millions even if you include Europe and Westernized Nations.  

There is a massive over representation of the pro Palestinian cause across youth.  A part of it comes from education systems. No doubt a larger part social media cliques.  Run by everyone from those who want to interrupt elections. To causes like Hamas & Muslim Brotherhoods looking to infiltrate world opinion. There was the post that had the Egyptian girl chased out of Egypt by the brothers? When she came to New York she saw all the anti-Israel protests being led by profesional mob leaders she knew from Uni in Cairo. Its here where immigration policy can impact @Alflives. All which makes it even more important to teach actual Human Rights, justice systems in schools & Uni's. 

As an aside; I'd like to see some of the protesters in Israel? Calling for an immediate stop to settlements. Not to cave in on actual security issues. 

I also liked the angle taken by the Israeli envoy.  We'll let Sinwar live, and leave Gaza in return for the hostages. Troll the bastard.

Israel Offers Hamas’ Sinwar Gaza Exit in Bid to End War

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Even if it did? My own money was pepper spray in self defense. There was quite rampant abuse of Jews after Oct 7.

With hundreds of thousands of students, even working class protesting pro-Palestinian across N America? Millions even if you include Europe and Westernized Nations.  

There is a massive over representation of the pro Palestinian cause across youth.  A part of it comes from education systems. No doubt a larger part social media cliques.  Run by everyone from those who want to interrupt elections. To causes like Hamas & Muslim Brotherhoods looking to infiltrate world opinion. There was the post that had the Egyptian girl chased out of Egypt by the brothers? When she came to New York she saw all the anti-Israel protests being led by profesional mob leaders she knew from Uni in Cairo. Its here where immigration policy can impact @Alflives. All which makes it even more important to teach actual Human Rights, justice systems in schools & Uni's. 

As an aside; I'd like to see some of the protesters in Israel? Calling for an immediate stop to settlements. Not to cave in on actual security issues. 

I also liked the angle taken by the Israeli envoy.  We'll let Sinwar live, and leave Gaza in return for the hostages. Troll the bastard.

Israel Offers Hamas’ Sinwar Gaza Exit in Bid to End War

The issue of settlements is not that 100% black and white. There are obvious idiots that are the voters of Ben Gvir and Smotrich. They are the ones that cause the issues, engage in fights with Palestinians and even worse. Believe it or not - they are the loud minority even between the settlers. But just like "Jewish Voice for Peace" and "Neturei Karta" - they are the ones being paraded by anti-Israel propaganda because their actions fit the narrative. There are complete opposite examples of settlements that actually create job opportunities for the Palestinians from nearby villages and develop areas that were abandoned before the settlers got there. But no one is talking about these cases in the media here because, again, it doesn't fit the narrative. I will give you one example - Soda Stream is an Israeli company that was founded in a large settlement of Ariel. They grew large very fast and provided employment to a very large population of nearby Palestinian villages. That is, until the BDS movement campaign against them that forced them to close the original factory and move it to Beer Sheva. Where they employ only citizens of Israel. The company is doing great. Who lost from all that BDS campaign? Palestinian villagers who no longer have that job security.

Edited by RomanPer

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

The issue of settlements is not that 100% black and white.

No i am sure it's not.

FTR i appreciate the post & example. There is a fine line to building a company like Soda Stream. Moving to the West Bank, land & labour is cheaper. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with that. Companies also go to Indonesia or India, now that Korea is expensive. Japan was once cheap after WWII as was Germany. China is growing politically un safe. If Palestinians received legitimate opportunities at better than in villages this is especially great!

3 things; the last a biggie & all require  better transparency!

1) Was land and area ethically sourced? 

* I realize the issues of titles is a bit grey with a percentage of herdsmen a bit nomadic; see the stereotype of Bedouin culture who are amongst minorities there. Etc..

* Not even at a discount due to violence & instability.

2) How are the Palestinians involved relating to admin & function of the area?

* This is an honest question. Not a statement by the way...

3) Where else are they going to live if not Gaza & the West Bank? 

Number three is a fact of life. It may as well be a bargaining chip for a ceasefire in discussions by Israel. Not that it will be easy... -There should be a plan in place. Its going to be important to rebuff, poignantly, extremists who already want to go to Gaza. An unfortunate reality is it does not make much difference if Sinwar is alive, insisting on keeping weapons; just my opinion. Yet if it gets said, that Israel does want a free Palestine beside it.  Then gets repeated over and over again?

Dave says you cannot bomb an idea to death.  Cough, Islamic Revolution.  I disagree, albeit its indirect.

There will be plenty of parents amongst the 2 mill plus in Gaza that don't want to martyr their kids. Dig tunnels instead of going to uni, pay a 20% tariff on their business every Friday at the mosque. Or get beaten. Sick of the death & dying, violence rather than spoiled by it. Will support peace and a free country if its promised. There are plenty of people who do not want Islamic Jihad. 

Hopefully there are enough dead Hamas it is less dangerous to say it?

43 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

No i am sure it's not.

FTR i appreciate the post & example. There is a fine line to building a company like Soda Stream. Moving to the West Bank, land & labour is cheaper. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with that. Companies also go to Indonesia or India, now that Korea is expensive. Japan was once cheap after WWII as was Germany. China is growing politically un safe. If Palestinians received legitimate opportunities at better than in villages this is especially great!

3 things; the last a biggie & all require  better transparency!

1) Was land and area ethically sourced? 

* I realize the issues of titles is a bit grey with a percentage of herdsmen a bit nomadic; see the stereotype of Bedouin culture who are amongst minorities there. Etc..

* Not even at a discount due to violence & instability.

2) How are the Palestinians involved relating to admin & function of the area?

* This is an honest question. Not a statement by the way...

3) Where else are they going to live if not Gaza & the West Bank? 

Number three is a fact of life. It may as well be a bargaining chip for a ceasefire in discussions by Israel. Not that it will be easy... -There should be a plan in place. Its going to be important to rebuff, poignantly, extremists who already want to go to Gaza. An unfortunate reality is it does not make much difference if Sinwar is alive, insisting on keeping weapons; just my opinion. Yet if it gets said, that Israel does want a free Palestine beside it.  Then gets repeated over and over again?

Dave says you cannot bomb an idea to death.  Cough, Islamic Revolution.  I disagree, albeit its indirect.

There will be plenty of parents amongst the 2 mill plus in Gaza that don't want to martyr their kids. Dig tunnels instead of going to uni, pay a 20% tariff on their business every Friday at the mosque. Or get beaten. Sick of the death & dying, violence rather than spoiled by it. Will support peace and a free country if its promised. There are plenty of people who do not want Islamic Jihad. 

Hopefully there are enough dead Hamas it is less dangerous to say it?

Dave says ?

Israeli Rear Admiral Hagari says.

He also states, as I do that you have to replace it, a bad idea, (Hamas) with a better idea. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-20/idf-daniel-hagari-hamas-cannot-be-eliminated-gaza-netanyahu/104001430

"Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, the face of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) daily war briefings and military war videos made the comments during an interview on Israeli TV on Wednesday.

" This business of destroying Hamas,  making Hamas  disappear - it's simply throwing sand in the eyes of the public " Mr Hagari told Israels chanel 13 TV. 

He warned that the group will remain in control of the Gaza strip unless Israel " develops something to replace it "

" Something that will make the population realise that someone else is distributing the food, someone else is taking care of public services... to really weaken Hamas, this is the way " he said.

As for your claim about the Islamic Revolution, it has never been destroyed.

Dated June this year 

IS: A persistent danger, 10 years since its peak "

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cv2g3gz08ylo

You can't destroy a (bad) idea, you have to replace it with a better idea.