Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

21 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

The irony after you just saying "I legit cant believe theres people eating up the IDF propaganda" an hour ago.

Sure i guess, but Hananya Naftali who is literally on Netanyahu's staff reported it as an IDF attack, so you'll forgive me for jumping the gun on the second source

image.thumb.png.d453904c3acf546ae2d03c957c77d5d9.png

1 hour ago, Guntrix said:

There’s clearly zero neutrality in this thread.

Posters are quick to blame Hamas for attacks but are hesitant to blame Israel for anything. It’s embarrassing. 

I should clarify, i mean this in the sense that we are hockey fans in a hockey forum.image.thumb.png.021551e28a93873288c3a128c16eb4e7.png

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why do you say that?  There is literally nothing on Twitter to post...

During the Hamas attack, evidence from all kinds of sources was posted. Even unverified. 

Not to say the Hamas attack didn't happen. Because it definitely did. Just that the bar for what is being posted here isn't being set evenly. 

24 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

There is a surprising lack of photo and video evidence of such a large event. Where are the pics of the bomb cratered hospital and hundreds of bodies? Strange isn't it?

That is pretty bold… not even Israel who has satellite, drone, and direct intelligence is biased enough to just pretend it didn’t happen and it is being faked.

That is aside from the fact there ARE actual videos and images showing the rubble, casualties, and aftermath.

3 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

During the Hamas attack, evidence from all kinds of sources was posted. Even unverified. 

Not to say the Hamas attack didn't happen. Because it definitely did. Just that the bar for what is being posted here isn't being set evenly. 

I didn't realize there was a quota in this thread that had to be met.  If you think this thread is all one sided then you can certainly post more information for "your" side.  Nobody is stopping you from posting all day long...

16 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

theres always been a large christian population in palestine

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/27/israel-behind-christian-exodus-from-palestine

D'oh!

Whenever I hear about a 'Middle East Crisis' such as this, I immediately think about Jews and Muslims.  And I forget that Christians have a major historical and current interest in that area as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I didn't realize there was a quota in this thread that had to be met.  If you think this thread is all one sided then you can certainly post more information for "your" side.  Nobody is stopping you from posting all day long...

Not about the quota. Simply put, the bar for posting "incontrovertible evidence" - as you put it - for pro-Israel posts is very low. But very high for anything that blames Israel.

But hey, neutrality, amiright?

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is pretty bold… not even Israel who has satellite, drone, and direct intelligence is biased enough to just pretend it didn’t happen and it is being faked.

That is aside from the fact there ARE actual videos and images showing the rubble, casualties, and aftermath.

I don't think he ever said or is trying to say it never happened.  The fact is, 500 people were killed, that is like a massacre, and there is very little information on X or any other source about it.  Even on the official Hamas telegram channel, I found very little information in terms of pictures and videos.  I posted 3 pictures that I found that I am not even 100% sure it is the hospital...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

So far everybody is reporting it as "According to the Palestinian authority's" and not reporting any of this as fact. Even Al Jazeera...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/18/what-do-we-know-about-the-strike-on-the-hospital-in-gaza

Al Jazeera was not able to independently verify the accounts.

Where are these videos you speak off?

Edited by Playoff Beered

1 minute ago, Guntrix said:

Not about the quota. Simply put, the bar for posting "incontrovertible evidence" - as you put it - for pro-Israel posts is very low. But very high for anything that blames Israel.

But hey, neutrality, amiright?

Like I said, you can certainly change that by posting what you feel is important for your side on a daily basis.  There are several posters in this thread that have actually made very legitimate points and arguments for the Palestinian side and because of that I have become more neutral on this situation than I was a week ago.  @eeeeeeeeergh has been very detailed in his posting and has been very helpful for that.

On the other hand, you are coming across as very in your face and biased to one side with zero actual evidence to back up your thoughts and posts.  You even said that the State of Israel should not exist, so forgive me for not really taking any of your thoughts too seriously.  Even @eeeeeeeeergh believes that Israel deserves its own state and that the only solution is a two state solution, which I also agree with 100%...

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Where did you get that he's in anyway connected to government?

Multiple sources confirming he's on Netanyahu's digital team, including his own website

https://www.hnaftali.com/

"Hananya has been working for Prime Minister Netanyahu in his digital team for the past 5 years."

https://www.jns.org/the-rise-of-hananya-naftali-social-media-star-and-pro-israel-influencer/

Employed by Netanyahu

Theres a video I saw on X as well from Hananya earlier this year confirming it, ill try to find it for you

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I should clarify, i mean this in the sense that we are hockey fans in a hockey forum, no one is solving world leace here.image.thumb.png.021551e28a93873288c3a128c16eb4e7.png

I have consistently put forward this idea in a few threads that we are all brothers and sisters under the sun.

That we all share this planet.

That maybe when the majority of people actually believe this, and treat each other with dignity and respect, then maybe just maybe, we will achieve world peace. 

Or maybe it's just as simple as Mike Burkett stated in his song, 72 virgin's

" In stopping fighting,  violence will cease

When everyone is getting BJ's, that's when we'll finally have world peace " 

Mike wrote that song after watching Pierre Rehovs doco, suicide killers.

Pierre spoke to some teenage kids whose bombs failed to go off, they stated they didn't care about any " politics " their " holy man " told them they would have 72 virgin's when they died.

Very insightful doco, well worth watching.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm trying to be as neutral as possible but I have a hard time believing that the IDF purposely bombed the hospital.  There is going to have to be some very compelling evidence to show this is the case in order for me to believe it.  All I see are the same posters posting the same rhetoric with zero actual evidence...

As do I. I can certainly see this happening unintentionally as we've seen in many wars but there's nothing in it for the IDF to do this intentionally, far from it.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Like I said, you can certainly change that by posting what you feel is important for your side on a daily basis.  There are several posters in this thread that have actually made very legitimate points and arguments for the Palestinian side and because of that I have become more neutral on this situation than I was a week ago.  @eeeeeeeeergh has been very detailed in his posting and has been very helpful for that.

On the other hand, you are coming across as very in your face and biased to one side with zero actual evidence to back up your thoughts and posts.  You even said that the State of Israel should not exist, so forgive me for not really taking any of your thoughts too seriously.  Even @eeeeeeeeergh believes that Israel deserves its own state and that the only solution is a two state solution, which I also agree with 100%...

I've literally posted only a couple sources which, in my view, have more credibility than much of what's been posting on here. 

There's a difference between believing Israel has illegitimately established itself in the region and believing that the two-state solution is the only way forward. One can agree with both. Unfortunately, the two-state solution is the only viable and realistic way to salvage what's left of Palestine, even if I don't agree on the existence of Israel. 

PS. I don't think I've been aggressive. I think my position has ruffled feathers. 

14 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

So far everybody is reporting it as "According to the Palestinian authority's" and not reporting any of this as fact. Even Al Jazeera...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/18/what-do-we-know-about-the-strike-on-the-hospital-in-gaza

Yet as of 17 mins ago, Al Jazeera published the following graphic citing themselves as the source. It even includes a picture of the hospital, which they themselves said on their live broadcast has been verified:

AlJazeera.thumb.png.786d29d5a6be21da893311bcc2870ccb.png

Edited by Guntrix
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Guntrix said:

I've literally posted only a couple sources which, in my view, have more credibility than much of what's been posting on here. 

There's a difference between believing Israel has illegitimately established itself in the region and believing that the two-state solution is the only way forward. One can agree with both. Unfortunately, the two-state solution is the only viable and realistic way to salvage what's left of Palestine, even if I don't agree on the existence of Israel. 

Yet as of 17 mins ago, Al Jazeera published the following graphic citing themselves as the source. It even includes a picture of the hospital, which they themselves said on their live broadcast has been verified:

Yeah, and that's about all the evidence that exists. Does that look like a bomb that killed 500 or a fire in a parking lot?

4 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

"Al Jazeera was not able to independently verify the accounts."

• Vintage 1

Just now, Playoff Beered said:

Yeah, and that's about all the evidence that exists. Does that look like a bomb that killed 500 or a fire in a parking lot?

To think I just debunked your post on Al Jazeera deferring confirmation and you still deny it.

Tell me you have an agenda without telling me you have an agenda.

Just now, Bob Long said:

"Al Jazeera was not able to independently verify the accounts."

The graphic was posted after the article.

• Upvote 1