Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

I did not, go quote where I did?  Your are simply lying.  I repeatedly stated that lacking conclusive evidence there is a range of possibilities, and even pointed out one of them could be Hamas exaggerating the death toll.

You all beating on this "not independently verified" drum for several pages as some sort of "gotcha" moment is frankly just plain silly meaningless nonsense.  That is just media legalese that there reporters aren't there seeing it firsthand, it doesn't point to the veracity of claims or not.

You know what line is on the CNN report with the IDF's explanation?  I haven't seen your big gotcha that it shows that line means the IDF is lying.  I will wait for that response from you... maybe you were just unaware and will rectify it.

CNN cannot independently confirm what caused the explosion at the Al-Ahli hospital.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/18/middleeast/israel-gaza-hamas-war-wednesday-intl-hnk/index.html

You may be starting to figure it out, good. See I never claimed that the stand alone IDF or CNN report is true either. People that aren't on a team wait until enough evidence is available to make a judgment on something. If Guntrix was in charge then we would be knee deep in a global jihad, your takes are just slightly more reserved so there's hope for you.

6 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

You may be starting to figure it out, good. See I never claimed that the stand alone IDF or CNN report is true either. People that aren't on a team wait until enough evidence is available to make a judgment on something. If Guntrix was in charge then we would be knee deep in a global jihad, your takes are just slightly more reserved so there's hope for you.

Yet you call out any posts or evidence that doesn't agree with your notions, but don't call out any that agrees with your notions.  I haven't seen you respond to any except ones that might criticize Israeli actions.  Those other ones just slide on by with a nod from you, even if they don't provide any links or a shred of evidence.  The moment something comes on critical of Israeli actions, you jump up and down, parse sections of it, say it isn't enough.  Even pretend that those sources aren't valid because of generic disclaimers that most of the news stories have. 

Please quote where you have taken someone to task for posting IDF theories as not proven enough?  You don't. 

Don't pretend some sort of detached neutrality, you have shown none of that.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Didn't Biden say the hospital was hit when he met Bibi, followed up with that it was hit by 'the other team'?

I mean , maybe he saw pictures?       😶

image.jpeg

reportedly by Reuters: this is the impact point, a roughly 1 foot deep by 2 foot diameter hole in the cobbles.

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yet you call out any posts or evidence that doesn't agree with your notions, but don't call out any that agrees with your notions.  I haven't seen you respond to any except ones that might criticize Israeli actions.  Those other ones just slide on by with a nod from you, even if they don't provide any links or a shred of evidence.  The moment something comes on critical of Israeli actions, you jump up and down, parse sections of it, say it isn't enough.  Even pretend that those sources aren't valid because of generic disclaimers that most of the news stories have. 

Please quote where you have taken someone to task for posting IDF theories as not proven enough?  You don't. 

Don't pretend some sort of detached neutrality, you have shown none of that.

Sure, believe what you want. I'm not going to go through a hundred pages for you.

Edited by Playoff Beered

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Sounds like the US has info from multiple sources including their own satellite data.

Not sure it matters tho. Those that want to blame Israel for this will do that anyway.

Sure they do.

By no means am I saying Isreal did it, I was just adding to the 'who do you believe' rhetoric. 

42 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Russia abstains on their own draft resolution?

Did you expect Russia to vote for NOT fighting? Did you expect Russia to be sensible i guess is a better question. They wanted the US to veto something about peace, they didn't want to back the concept of not killing people on the other side of a border. That would be ludacris considering the situation in Ukraine. 
it is insane anyway but yeah, they got what they were after: the US looks like warhawks by vetoing the useless  bill that even Russia couldn't vote for. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its funny tho, now you have to disprove something instead of prove it. Hamas says the IDF did something and its up to Israel now to disprove it. Its back-asswards. 

I'm just not going to do the instant tweety outrage thing. It only serves those that want to jerk your emotions around.

Looking at things from a bit higher up - why tf would the IDF bomb a hospital and risk losing western support? makes no sense. 

Agree 100% they wouldn't do it on purpose, but when you start bombing at scale you're probably going to miss some targets and have bombs landing where they shouldn't.

After all the evidence presented so far it sure looks like it didn't happen in this case though.  

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Did you expect Russia to vote for NOT fighting? Did you expect Russia to be sensible i guess is a better question. They wanted the US to veto something about peace, they didn't want to back the concept of not killing people on the other side of a border. That would be ludacris considering the situation in Ukraine. 
it is insane anyway but yeah, they got what they were after: the US looks like warhawks by vetoing the useless  bill that even Russia couldn't vote for. 

I assumed from the wording of the tweet that it was their bill to which they voted to abstain. If it was I think they fell into their own ‘gotcha’ trap. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Agree 100% they wouldn't do it on purpose, but when you start bombing at scale you're probably going to miss some targets and have bombs landing where they shouldn't.

After all the evidence presented so far it sure looks like it didn't happen in this case though.  

Yea for sure that stuff happens.

I'm sure this won't be the last story like this either once the ground troop movements start.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Guntrix said:

You still going to argue it's a parking lot or have you run out of straws to grasp?

15 hours ago, Guntrix said:

Sure thing! I'll insert the post (containing the picture) you quoted:

Eagerly waiting for the incoming mental gymnastics!

(in case you haven't figured it out, the picture of the blast has been confirmed by both the BBC and Al Jazeera).

Here are some pics of what you're trying to convince us is a bomb crater from an Israeli air strike in the, oh look at that...the parking lot of the hospital. You also want us to blindly believe that this caused 500 deaths and a thousand more casualties.

image.jpeg.9202e3f742a41c106dba9f3faa72fda5.jpeg

image.jpeg.24f1d86457d680bdd7069d0930a5b607.jpeg

And who is reporting all this? Reuters and BBC...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67144061

and a day later and Al Jazeera is still using the same language in their leading story on this topic...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/18/what-do-we-know-about-the-strike-on-the-hospital-in-gaza

Al Jazeera was not able to independently verify the accounts.

Are you going to concede or do you want to keep arguing that I'm the one with an agenda, Hmmm?

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Further to that photo; with total disregard to whose bomb it may have been: I just dont see any evidence of 500 dead people and a thousand wounded by the explosion.

For reference this unrelated photo is of a random gathering of displaced people who are suffering from the war. I count roughly 72 human beings on the ground floor visible in the photo. This is a lot of people in a small space. IF this was 1500 people soon to be dead and wounded in a similarly sized space such as the Hospital parking lot: How on earth can they have cleaned it up overnight in about 8 hours to the degree they did? 

Displaced Palestinians take shelter in a UN school in Khan Yunis on October 16.

Entirely sus from the first tweet about it. But the propaganda did its job: Biden didn't get to meet with Jordan and the arab world is incenced at Israel about the "massacre" at a hospital that no one has seen any evidence of yet aside from the wreckage of 12 to 13 cars and a new pothole in the parking lot. 

Again I want to re-iterate, this photo is just show what 72 people in a small area look like to compare against the reports of 500 dead and 1000+wounded by that rocket/bomb/explosion. 

I am not denying the terrible suffering going on by the people of the region in question, just hoping that we can all come to grips with reality instead of arguing over fiction.

• Upvote 3