Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1
Message added by Sharpshooter,

THIS THREAD IS MODERATED. 

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE/REPLY WITH PERSONAL INSULTS OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. 

DON’T SAY YOU HAVEN’T BEEN WARNED. 

BE KIND, EMPATHIZE OR USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION. 

~ Your friendly neighbourhood Sniper. 

1 minute ago, canuckster19 said:

The heck is that headline have to do with the video, that's an F/A-18C landing on an American carrier.

You will never be able to stop misinformation, the average poster can't recognize fuselage forms or ships hulls and be able to classify them, heck i am trained and I have a hard time doing it. 

2 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

The heck does that headline have to do with the video, that's an F/A-18 landing on an American carrier.

No idea.  She's a BBC reporter.  That's not a super carrier, but the US does have smaller ships that size as well.  I'll check Twitter again.

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

You will never be able to stop misinformation, the average poster can't recognize fuselage forms or ships hulls and be able to classify them, heck i am trained and I have a hard time doing it. 

I may have been wrong about the F/A-18 variant, it could be an E, it's hard to tell in that grainy video.

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I know planes fairly well.  My big weakness is that I don't know which countries we have sold to and who has what in the Middle East.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuckster19 said:

I may have been wrong about the F/A-18 variant, it could be an E, it's hard to tell in that grainy video.

Just now, canuckster19 said:

Yes it is a super carrier, I guarantee it is, F/A-18s only operate on super carriers.

I'll take your word for it and delete it.  Thanks for the head's up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I get disinformation but these twtter posters should have a history that could show their allegiances I would think.

but I dont do social media other than this CFF, so i dunno.

it is impossible to know really, you can swat one profile of billions...but ten more pop up. Usually folks doing this are doing it on purpose with purpose and wil operate 100 accounts a day over eight or ten hours. Not saying this one is: becuase the vast majority of disinformation is like here on Canucks Forums where a nice normal hockey fan is posting whath they read...and it spreads by millions of unknowing folks thinking it is true. 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

That first one is old video of something else and the second one...Iranians don't have an aircraft carrier, Verona mark posts lots of fakes.

I goofed.  My apologies.  I'll do more checking on the kids in cages video to make sure I didn't get stung twice.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I get disinformation but these twtter posters should have a history that could show their allegiances I would think.

but I dont do social media other than this CFF, so i dunno.

I check to see if they are somewhat credible first or who has at least re-tweeted it.  The one tweet is from a BBC reporter.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I check to see if they are somewhat credible first or who has at least re-tweeted it.  The one tweet is from a BBC reporter.

Is she really though? She also posted this...from a video game???

https://twitter.com/Venora_mark/status/1710931093162164732

Edited by Playoff Beered

14 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

a guy who does what i did is working with the canadian mission in the UK at the embassy, or he was ten years ago, likely moved now. 
His wifes brother was a CTV reporter who was 'assigned' overseas to London about the same time.
This was not a coincidence, and so my position is that just because some is a reporter, doesn't mean they are just a reporter, nor does it mean they are always right.

Really the overall message I am leaning into is that more and more in the age of information, things may not seem as they really are. People you don't know, even with nice sounding jobs or credentials might not know they are spreading bad data, or they may be spreading bad data on purpose. 

I was with an Aide to the Civil Power attachement from the CAF to the Quebec Surete once regarding clashes of protestors against going to Afghanistan in the wake of 9/11. The news showed our vans pulling "random protestors'' away from the protest lines into unmarked vans and driving away. The people were working for a foriegn power to incite violent riots and looting to work towards destabalizing Canada's response to 911. They weren't afghans, but they were working for AQ in a roundabout way right here in Canada, and their fellow protestors had no idea, will still probably not know or admit it is possible. There is a world most folks don't know or want to know about. 

I get it.  I just don't want people to think that I'm just posting every sad Tweet I see.

If this chick is a known shitty reporter who posts stuff without checking it's veracity first, she's as good as dead to me.  I'm trying to figure her and the tweet out while being logged into a remote computer helping out someone I know with a virus scan after she clicked a link in a scammy email.

Add to that, posting here, and I'm having a fun ol' time multi-tasking.  It's keeping me from dwelling on my NFL football team's pathetic loss in London today.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

No idea who she is besides that she's a BBC reporter. 

I'm doing several things at once right now. 

I'll pop over to Twitter in a minute and see what I can see about the cage video.  If it's fake, it's likely gotten hit by the community notes or at least been called out in the comments.

Six minutes ago the Gerald Ford US Carrier battle group was ordered to move east in the Mediteranean to be closer to the Gaza Strip in general. I believe they were loitering around Crete/Athens/Izmir more around the Aegean Sea until this order to move, which the info might be a day old now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I get it.  I just don't want people to think that I'm just posting every sad Tweet I see.

If this chick is a known shitty reporter who posts stuff without checking it's veracity first, she's as good as dead to me.  I'm trying to figure her and the tweet out while being logged into a remote computer helping out someone I know with a virus scan after she clicked a link in a scammy email.

Add to that, posting here, and I'm having a fun ol' time multi-tasking.  It's keeping me from dwelling on my NFL football team's pathetic loss in London today.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

No idea who she is besides that she's a BBC reporter. 

I'm doing several things at once right now. 

I'll pop over to Twitter in a minute and see what I can see about the cage video.  If it's fake, it's likely gotten hit by the community notes or at least been called out in the comments.

a neat civilian site that debunks things on the net is called Snopes, I go there to check things from time to time, but don't get bogged down in the details, it is a hydra kind of thing...one head off, another ten sprout up. Not worth your time. 

On the football front: my raiders play tomorrow but I am about to switch gears to the Detroit Lions game and get my mind off all this horror.

7 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

a neat civilian site that debunks things on the net is called Snopes, I go there to check things from time to time, but don't get bogged down in the details, it is a hydra kind of thing...one head off, another ten sprout up. Not worth your time. 

On the football front: my raiders play tomorrow but I am about to switch gears to the Detroit Lions game and get my mind off all this horror.

It's a Syrian video from at least several days ago or longer...  I'm taking it down.

F77lUarbwAA1LRc?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Yep.  She's a partisan crappy reporter who is dead to me as far as information is concerned.

The cages video is from Syria and is at least several days old or even longer.

I'll be more careful.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Six minutes ago the Gerald Ford US Carrier battle group was ordered to move east in the Mediteranean to be closer to the Gaza Strip in general. I believe they were loitering around Crete/Athens/Izmir more around the Aegean Sea until this order to move, which the info might be a day old now.

This is direct message to Lebanon and Syria (and by extension to Hezbollah) to keep to themselves and not join in.

Hamas fat cats & funders know exactly how this kind of massacre will provoke a reaction from Israel to lay a beatdown in Gaza resulting in the deaths of many.  It always bolsters their (Hamas) cause.  Hamas is more invested in the suffering on their people than the Israelis are.  Cycle will continue I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1