Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1
Message added by Sharpshooter,

THIS THREAD IS MODERATED. 

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE/REPLY WITH PERSONAL INSULTS OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. 

DON’T SAY YOU HAVEN’T BEEN WARNED. 

BE KIND, EMPATHIZE OR USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION. 

~ Your friendly neighbourhood Sniper. 

17 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

One side throws stones and fires easily intercepted rockets.  The other has top shelf military equipment that can level whole buildings. 

The blame game doesn't work when both side have plenty blame themselves. 

RDT_20231008_123922752545866213347800.jpg

Seriously? After yesterday? @Sharpshooter how do you propose I keep calm here?

31 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

1696785312636.png

While I don't want to say anything good about Russia, they have fought a lot of terrorism themselves in their own country and outside their country. I'm not really sure that's accurate but with Putin who knows.

22 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

One side throws stones and fires easily intercepted rockets.  The other has top shelf military equipment that can level whole buildings. 

The blame game doesn't work when both side have plenty blame themselves. 

RDT_20231008_123922752545866213347800.jpg

I think this should put it into perspective for some.

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

By recognizing that others are allowed to have an opinion as well. Also, if it's going to bother you that much, don't enter the thread.

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

While I don't want to say anything good about Russia, they have fought a lot of terrorism themselves in their own country and outside their country. I'm not really sure that's accurate but with Putin who knows.

I think this should put it into perspective for some.

By recognizing that others are allowed to have an opinion as well. Also, if it's going to bother you that much, don't enter the thread.

Russia's government itself is a terrorist organization.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I condemn both sides here.  Neither side has clean hands.  When Israel bombs buildings, and shoots at medics/journalists, they are wrong.  When Hamas and Hezbollah do their terror attacks, they are wrong. 

How many US Administrations have tried to get peace here.  I can't remember one that hasn't.  Decades of death and abuse begets more death and abuse, and it is children women, old people who get caught in the middle.

I think of Hawkeye's speech about war and hell from MASH.  To paraphrase:

War is war and hell is hell.  Of the two, war is worse.  There are no innocent bystanders in hell.

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I condemn both sides here.  Neither side has clean hands.  When Israel bombs buildings, and shoots at medics/journalists, they are wrong.  When Hamas and Hezbollah do their terror attacks, they are wrong. 

How many US Administrations have tried to get peace here.  I can't remember one that hasn't.  Decades of death and abuse begets more death and abuse, and it is children women, old people who get caught in the middle.

I think of Hawkeye's speech about war and hell from MASH.  To paraphrase:

War is war and hell is hell.  Of the two, war is worse.  There are no innocent bystanders in hell.

I haven't kept up on the Middle East in years.  It's just the same things over and over again.  It's a vicious circle with no end in sight.

• ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

And people thought Putin was ugly. 

Wanted to know why there was no peace in Yemen, the Middle East.

Putin is ugly.  In reality he is re-teaching the world to execute war starting with civilians.

Civilian panic.

Apparently Canadian and American citizens were killed at that event

Make no mistake Hezbollah is different, lineage to different cultures, Lebanese versus Palestinian a greatly simplified comparison to Hamas.  Some of the same goals, situations of being victimized, backers specifically Iran, history. Both moderates trying to govern in lebanon as a political wing, militants in sheeps clothes in Lebanon another contingent. How do they operate as many want to join the fight?

Will more of the Arab world pile in?

Will Israel simply pull out the big guns, retaliate with widespread slaughter.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I haven't kept up on the Middle East in years.  It's just the same things over and over again.  It's a vicious circle with no end in sight.

Its like the old days in France & England, and everywhere.

When a King could not control his feudal lords.  Because, in fact, they could generate their own armies, collect not pay their own taxes, subjugate their own masses & hord their regions trade wealth, titles to land, resources. Women, slaves, cattle, concubines, drug trade, human trafficking, I could go on... 

Many, emphasize MANY, Middle Eastern countries have fractured, highly corrupt leadership. Saddam Hussein in Iraq, Yasir Arafat of the PLO, Hosni Mubarak in Egypt, Ali Abdullah Saleh in Yemen all died amongst the worlds' wealthiest men of the last century. Many just the most successful military strongmen from positions as leaders of smaller factions. Asaad, the Saudi Kingdom who are at least somewhat more stable in their role, leadership in Iran remain owning ten & twenty & thirty times the wealth of a Donald Trump. Have as much hidden money as Elon Musk has on the books. Where possible, there is some peace in their countries? In many nations minorities, women, non believers in their religion have NO human rights? Violence, rape, genocide is endemic, as long as control is accomplished, victims not a concern.   

I draw the comparison that the '2knd world' is not yet past the middle ages in its brutality and thirst for conquest? That's overly simplified & just my opinion. Yes, further complicated by incursion from the Western World, historically & now. Who have not claimed their share of scalps. Warlords & Imperialists back or take over someone for a share of profits. As Wagner is currently looking to control sub Saharan coups for their share. Warlords would simply prefer to profit from such 1st World countries, be left to do as they please. Are too powerful, the Middle East such a big beast, including culturally for external forces to coral as Western democracies. 

Iranian, or Taliban leaders, hell Erdogan would argue they are preserving their culture, place in history. Ask women in Iran about the cultural police? These people are funding Hamas, ISIS, Al Qaeda. There are cultural groups being slaughtered and displaced all over the Middle East. And not by Israel as much as this has occurred for Israel to stake it's place. These factions would want control, regardless of Jewish people re-surfacing as power holders in the last 100 years. 

Yes, exactly the same vicious cycle!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Gaza before these attacks.

So how will this be resolved. 

Kill most/all Palestinians.   Not happening. 

Kill most/all Israeli.   Not happening 

2 state solution.  Not happening, multiple US administrations have tried.

The status quo from pre attacks.  Probably not.

Things get worse for the Palestinians.   Likely.  Their open air prison or ghetto is going to get worse.  

RDT_20231008_1620443908124857289662650.jpg

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Its like the old days in France & England, and everywhere.

When a King could not control his feudal lords.  Because, in fact, they could generate their own armies, collect not pay their own taxes, subjugate their own masses & hord their regions trade wealth, titles to land, resources. Women, slaves, cattle, concubines, drug trade, human trafficking, I could go on... 

Many, emphasize MANY, Middle Eastern countries have fractured, highly corrupt leadership. Saddam Hussein in Iraq, Yasir Arafat of the PLO, Hosni Mubarak in Egypt, Ali Abdullah Saleh in Yemen all died amongst the worlds' wealthiest men of the last century. Many just the most successful military strongmen from positions as leaders of smaller factions. Asaad, the Saudi Kingdom who are at least somewhat more stable in their role, leadership in Iran remain owning ten & twenty & thirty times the wealth of a Donald Trump. Have as much hidden money as Elon Musk has on the books. Where possible, there is some peace in their countries? In many nations minorities, women, non believers in their religion have NO human rights? Violence, rape, genocide is endemic, as long as control is accomplished, victims not a concern.   

I draw the comparison that the '2knd world' is not yet past the middle ages in its brutality and thirst for conquest? That's overly simplified & just my opinion. Yes, further complicated by incursion from the Western World, historically & now. Who have not claimed their share of scalps. Warlords & Imperialists back or take over someone for a share of profits. As Wagner is currently looking to control sub Saharan coups for their share. Warlords would simply prefer to profit from such 1st World countries, be left to do as they please. Are too powerful, the Middle East such a big beast, including culturally for external forces to coral as Western democracies. 

Iranian, or Taliban leaders, hell Erdogan would argue they are preserving their culture, place in history. Ask women in Iran about the cultural police? These people are funding Hamas, ISIS, Al Qaeda. There are cultural groups being slaughtered and displaced all over the Middle East. And not by Israel as much as this has occurred for Israel to stake it's place. These factions would want control, regardless of Jewish people re-surfacing as power holders in the last 100 years. 

Yes, exactly the same vicious cycle!

So... Basically the same exact place as it was when I stop paying heavy attention to it 10-15 years or so ago.

Everyone who starts talking about Israel being partly to blame for what happened yesterday, ask yourself this question - is the rape victim who wears a short skirt partially at fault in her own rape? I can’t believe all the “righteous” calls now…

• Cheers 1