Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

Netanyahu told to ‘quit now’ as ex-leaders pin blame on dysfunctional government

Former military officers and politicians say prime minister bears responsibility for the failures that led to the Hamas incursion

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/22/netanyahu-told-to-quit-now-as-ex-leaders-pin-blame-on-dysfunctional-government

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder if getting rid of Bibi could help settle things down a little bit? or are his fellow party members who'd take over  just as bad? 

Could be.  It's the party, as much as Bibi, that is so out to muzzle the Supreme Court and were the targets of the recent protests in the streets. 

It might even be that Hamas was watching and saw a good time to strike.

5 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Well it took five days or so but various Intel communities around the globe including Canada's now officially today conclude it was a Hamas Rocket misfire that hit the parking lot at the hospital. My guess is the extra time was due to referencing satellite data and correlating multiple data points and sources. Quotting myself seems gauche, but I wanted the timestamp.

I'm glad they took the time. Too much knee jerking going on throughout this whole thing. 

@RomanPer is it at all feasible or useful to remove Netanyahu at this point? 

Edited by Bob Long

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm glad they took the time. Too much knee jerking going on throughout this whole thing. 

@RomanPer is it at all feasible or useful to remove Netanyahu at this point? 

Or, I have no doubt that Netanyahu will not survive this politically. But see my post above about the coalition issues in Israel.

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Or, I have no doubt that Netanyahu will not survive this politically. But see my post above about the coalition issues in Israel.

well, I hope for everyones sake that a more centre leader emerges out of all this more voters can get behind. I'm sick of the extremists in our world. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

41 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Saleh al Jafarawi, nominated for an honorary Darwin award, from the FAFO files fore sure. Was a bit on the news today about Palestinian Youth (older teens) slinging rocks at IDF forces to get them to come closer so that other kids could toss molotov cocktails at them. The parental/political leadership for these kids is missing in action to have them out slinging rocks and fiery bottles at guys with body armour and machine guns, and yet, if the ones in body armour and machine guns do nothing we get what happened on Oct 7th. The story was of IDF snipers taking out the kids one at a time as they perfect their aim or get too bold and get within distance of using Molotov Cocktails successfully. Can't even blame video games as I am doubtful most of these youngins have played them.

1 hour ago, Playoff Beered said:

Yes, this is a whataboutism, but it's a very relevant whataboutism...

image.png.b8c051d287a8b30da08f2bc0fa0ff62c.png

There is a spot in Egypt, near the Sudanese and Libyan border where Israeli and Egyptian and US co-operation is working to reclaim desert space for agricultural practices. 

The reclamation work has been expanding for the duration of the peace between the two nations. couple screen caps attached. From these terrifying days, maybe some peace can be found and eventual co-operation. 

Reversing Desertification.png

closeup.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There are no real sources.  All of the mainstream media are propaganda for their side.  The only "real" sources are the boots on the ground and the independent journalists...

There are sources with journalistic integrity and sources that make no secret that they should not be considered legitimate.  Dailey Caller is the latter.  They're pandering to a racist audience that hates Mexicans, and likely faked the documentation.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There are no real sources.  All of the mainstream media are propaganda for their side.  The only "real" sources are the boots on the ground and the independent journalists...

That particular idea, terrorists infiltrating at the porous southern US border has been pushed from as high up the ladder as President Trump and screamed about by every good son of Alabama for a few years now. 

of interesting note is: there has never been any proof of such infiltrations of Jihadi/Terrorist people among the Latino community migrating north. 

Can't say it isn't happening, but it is hard to say it is either without any detainees to point to as proof. It is certainly possible though. 

now that I zoomed in and read the document, it looks like what someone at Kinko's would think an intel paper would look like, hehe. That is all i am gonna say about that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

That particular idea, terrorists infiltrating at the porous southern US border has been pushed from as high up the ladder as President Trump and screamed about by every good son of Alabama for a few years now. 

of interesting note is: there has never been any proof of such infiltrations of Jihadi/Terrorist people among the Latino community migrating north. 

Can't say it isn't happening, but it is hard to say it is either without any detainees to point to as proof. It is certainly possible though. 

I really haven't heard much either and I can't say for sure one way or the other.  But considering that 9/11 happened in the US, anything is possible.  I mean those terrorists found a way in didn't they?

• Like 1