Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I really haven't heard much either and I can't say for sure one way or the other.  But considering that 9/11 happened in the US, anything is possible.  I mean those terrorists found a way in didn't they?

https://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/staff_statements/staff_statement_1.pdf

They entered legally, although with many using falsified documents.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I really haven't heard much either and I can't say for sure one way or the other.  But considering that 9/11 happened in the US, anything is possible.  I mean those terrorists found a way in didn't they?

Yeah, it is certainly possible.

The last line though, "questions of interest ~Any personal or familial asociation with Hamas, Hezbollah, PIJ, Popular Front or other similar group?"

I would fire my analyst if he suggested we ask them "are you a terrorist?" at the border. COnversely, if i was a terrorist that answered Yes, I would almost deserve to be GITMO'd. I say almost becuase GITMO disgusts me to my core, no one deserves that. 

So my guess is this was written up to appeal to a certain level of mentality that would almost completely overlap in a ven diagram with red hat wearing southern US gentlemen.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

These rockets that Hamas fires into Israel guided in some way or do they just hit things indiscriminately? 

A certain charge in the rocket dictates roughly how far they will go, aim decided the direction and azimuth or arc of fire determines where they will land, there is absolutely no control once the trigger is pulled and the only control prior is those three things. Most of Hamas rockets land in fields or disintegrate before getting near the settlements they are aimed at, but that doesn't make them any less dangerous: remember now one of them took out 13 cars in a Gaza Hospital parking lot. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Not guided to date. They hit wherever they fall

Aren’t there reports Hamas is firing hundreds of missiles into Israel? If they just blow up where the fall what’s the results from all that? If one misfire did so much collateral damage to that hospital then direct hits on building in Israel would be terrible, no? I must be missing something because we don’t see much reporting on what these missiles are doing. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Aren’t there reports Hamas is firing hundreds of missiles into Israel? If they just blow up where the fall what’s the results from all that? If one misfire did so much collateral damage to that hospital then direct hits on building in Israel would be terrible, no? I must be missing something because we don’t see much reporting on what these missiles are doing. 

Tech to the rescue: the iron dome is really a significant advancement in missile defense. Every day though we see and hear of some farmers house being hit in a Kibbutz near Gaza. The range is limited, so they aren't going to hit Tiberius or anything, mostly just farms within range. KK, peace out ya'll. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There are sources with journalistic integrity and sources that make no secret that they should not be considered legitimate.  Dailey Caller is the latter.  They're pandering to a racist audience that hates Mexicans, and likely faked the documentation.

It is a known fact that various operators (including russians) use the Mexican border to enter the US illegally. It’s easier for them than trying to get in through Canada.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

It is a known fact that various operators (including russians) use the Mexican border to enter the US illegally. It’s easier for them than trying to get in through Canada.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-mexico-border-terrorists/

Well this article does state that more get caught going through Canada than Mexico.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

See @Optimist Prime post above - large number of them are falling in the fields. But those that fall in the cities cause a lot of damage. The media just doesn’t report about it as much. Plus, the primary difference is that all the new buildings in Israel include special sealed rooms in every apartment that can withstand quite a blast and can be used as a personal bomb shelter and all the old buildings have special common bomb shelters. The moment there’s a launch out of Gaza, potential target communities are warned and people rush to the nearby bomb shelter, hence minimizing human casualties.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

https://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/staff_statements/staff_statement_1.pdf

They entered legally, although with many using falsified documents.

No need to come through Mexico.

The fact is, only one of the 19 9/11 hijackers came to the U.S. on a student visa, according to the 9/11 Commission Report. That one was Hani Hanjour, a Saudi Arabian terrorist who piloted the plane that was flown into the Pentagon, according to a 2004 staff report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States. In his student visa application, Hanjour provided paperwork showing that he was enrolled in an English as a second language program in Oakland, Calif., but he never attended after arriving in America (a fact that would draw scrutiny today). He did not, however, overstay his student visa.

Of the other 18 9/11 hijackers, 14 came to the United States on six-month tourist visas and four came on business visas, according to the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States. Once in the U.S., two of the hijack pilots applied to have their immigration status changed to vocational student, but neither used such a visa on their subsequent re-entry into the country.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

No need to come through Mexico.

The fact is, only one of the 19 9/11 hijackers came to the U.S. on a student visa, according to the 9/11 Commission Report. That one was Hani Hanjour, a Saudi Arabian terrorist who piloted the plane that was flown into the Pentagon, according to a 2004 staff report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States. In his student visa application, Hanjour provided paperwork showing that he was enrolled in an English as a second language program in Oakland, Calif., but he never attended after arriving in America (a fact that would draw scrutiny today). He did not, however, overstay his student visa.

Of the other 18 9/11 hijackers, 14 came to the United States on six-month tourist visas and four came on business visas, according to the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States. Once in the U.S., two of the hijack pilots applied to have their immigration status changed to vocational student, but neither used such a visa on their subsequent re-entry into the country.

Yup the 9-11 terrorists signed up for discount flying lessons....   got 50 % off of tuition for a flying  program that taught take off only but did not include any lessons on how to land a plane ...

Edited by moosehead

44 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

See @Optimist Prime post above - large number of them are falling in the fields. But those that fall in the cities cause a lot of damage. The media just doesn’t report about it as much. Plus, the primary difference is that all the new buildings in Israel include special sealed rooms in every apartment that can withstand quite a blast and can be used as a personal bomb shelter and all the old buildings have special common bomb shelters. The moment there’s a launch out of Gaza, potential target communities are warned and people rush to the nearby bomb shelter, hence minimizing human casualties.

Sounds like a great life.  Maybe a negotiated peace would be beneficial to both sides..... ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Sounds like a great life.  Maybe a negotiated peace would be beneficial to both sides..... ?

Sounds like an idealist speaking without understanding of reality on the ground. Again, i bring up several cases - Egypt, Jordan, 2 Muslim countries that signed peace agreements with Israel and live in peace, including cooperation in security. If the other side wants peace - Israel is willing to negotiate and hold its side of the agreement. If the other side isn’t trying to negotiate - it kind of presents a problem. You can’t just negotiate with yourself.

13 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Yup, more baby and women killed....    Great way to make peace.   Hamas will be even more popular now.  

Well done Israel....    

And here we go again, Israel is being singled out…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Sounds like an idealist speaking without understanding of reality on the ground. Again, i bring up several cases - Egypt, Jordan, 2 Muslim countries that signed peace agreements with Israel and live in peace, including cooperation in security. If the other side wants peace - Israel is willing to negotiate and hold its side of the agreement. If the other side isn’t trying to negotiate - it kind of presents a problem. You can’t just negotiate with yourself.

And here we go again, Israel is being singled out…

Hmmm  Haven't the Palestinians been actively negotiated with Israel the last 50 years... how has it gone these negotiations.

Oh yeah, Palestinian territory is now smaller than ever.  I guess it went well for Israel.... for the Palestinians... not so well....

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Yup, more baby and women killed....    Great way to make peace.   Hamas will be even more popular now.  

Well done Israel....    

I wonder how many babies and women these failed launches have killed/injured?

How about a "well done Hamas"?

image.thumb.png.afe8070445c7b1a5590bb8a19a286819.png

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

54 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Hmmm  Haven't the Palestinians been actively negotiated with Israel the last 50 years... how has it gone these negotiations.

Oh yeah, Palestinian territory is now smaller than ever.  I guess it went well for Israel.... for the Palestinians... not so well....

When Ehud Barak (sorry, got confused and initially wrote Olmert - Olmert was the mayor of Jerusalem ay that time) offered Arafat 97% of everything Arafat wanted, including discussion on the return of the refugees, Arafat went back to the Ramallah without accepting the offer and answered with a wave of suicide bombings in Israeli busses. I know, I lived in Israel at the time. One of these busses blew up 300 meters in front of my car and the only reason I wasn't parked on a red light next to it at the time of the explosion was because my son woke up when I was leaving and called me to give me a hug before I leave.

Edited by RomanPer
  • Huggy Bear 2

26 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

When Ehud Olmert offered Arafat 97% of everything Arafat wanted, including discussion on the return of the refugees, Arafat went back to the Ramallah without accepting the offer and answered with a wave of suicide bombings in Israeli busses. I know, I lived in Israel at the time. One of these busses blew up 300 meters in front of my car and the only reason I wasn't parked on a red light next to it at the time of the explosion was because my son woke up when I was leaving and called me to give me a hug before I leave.

I think the truth is not that clear. sorry - peace deals previous that failed...

2002-2003, an Israeli researcher conducted 20 in-depth interviews with a broad range of Israeli negotiators who had participated in the Oslo peace process. He found that they held very different perceptions of what had caused the failure of the process and where the blame for that failure should be placed. Four of the officials felt that Israel deserves most of the blame; nine said that the failure was mostly or entirely the fault of the Palestinians while seven laid the blame on both parties.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/israel-middle-east/articles/who-killed-the-peace-process

Edited by moosehead

25 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

In case you missed my earlier post...

image.png.4b2fca693a6855f73bf8fdec31b83812.png

It’s their land..

also Arab doesn’t mean they’re all the same people. They all have different cultures and lifestyles…

also that map is blatantly false. Majority of those African countries aren’t Arab majority. 

Edited by Odd.