Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

4 hours ago, Canuckle said:

No offense, but your lack of education on the topic is showing a fair bit here.

Secondly, what does your comment or OPs comment have to do with the topic of Anarchists being anti-Israeli state?  Anarchists are anti-state for every single nation state on earth and for good reason.

And no, it wouldn't lead to this make believe technology-less, education-less, road-less hell scape you've drawn up in your imagination here.  Pretty funny though.

Granted I do find most people's conception of "anarchism" to be fairly skewed (if accurate whatsoever) so it's not really surprising.

Why waste so much time and effort with a topic that has zero chance of becoming reality?  
I always giggle a little when people claim to be an anarchist. 
First off, never gonna happen. 
Second, most of the ‘anarchy’ folks I’ve met wouldn’t survive an hour without the help of the governed world. 

51 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

With thanks, you have been pretty polite not to obliterate some of my incursions discussing Israeli 'sins' relative to this conflict. As an aside my belief is such problems are micro in a scale of these conflicts. Many Islamic administrations far more lawless. More blood tolerant at best, thirsty even in spite of ideology. I believe power thirsty! Who leverage ideology to command less tolerance of Christians, Jews, anybody! Yaov Gallant, regardless, stands out to me on the Israeli side as a pronounced sore spot, inflammatory voice, an instigator. 

Who is heart and soul Likud! Among the harder of hard line extremists in the party.  Is he simply emboldened by these Orthodox factions?

And what do these factions want?      

No, he's simply very angry with the October 7th attack. Yoav Gallant is a decorated officer and has to talk tough based on his position. How much did you know about him before October 7th?

Status quo now ensured  to  continue on in this region.

Hamas and right wing extreme politics proponents   in Israel now both solidify their power.

Civilian population in both communities will be the loser going forward.  No peace is a terrible way for all to live. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Why waste so much time and effort with a topic that has zero chance of becoming reality?  
I always giggle a little when people claim to be an anarchist. 
First off, never gonna happen. 
Second, most of the ‘anarchy’ folks I’ve met wouldn’t survive an hour without the help of the governed world. 

You don't know what anarchism is.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Status quo now ensured  to  continue on in this region.

The status quo was assured on Oct 7th when Hamas attacked and murdered hundreds of people while livestreaming it from their go-pro's.

No country on earth would let that slide. It was suggested late on Oct 7th or early Oct 8th that Israel may very well bulldoze Gaza into the Mediterranean as a result of that attack. I believe that is the intention north of the Wadi, and if not all of Gaza City, then for sure many many blocks of it to create a safety zone inside the fence with Israel. 

I have a hard time figuring out what other outcome Hamas expected?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I think the world needs to call on Hamas to surrender to stave off an incredibly horrific humanitarian situation in Gaza, it is already there, but it is about to get 10 fold worse for the people Hamas govern. 

the problem is there isn't a moderate voice in the ME that can step in who would be a true ally for both Israel and Gaza. Who takes over right now in Gaza if Hamas did step aside? the PA? 

Local media reported explosions at three US military bases in the Middle East.

Right now Biden was speaking and answering questions from reporters about the economy, but suddenly he said: “I have to go to the situation room. There's a problem I need to solve."

It is known about the attack on the Al-Omar oil field, where American troops are stationed, and the US base Al-Shaddadi.

image.png.bd77d1da45dd453744a6b4e1df346069.png

13 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Local media reported explosions at three US military bases in the Middle East.

Right now Biden was speaking and answering questions from reporters about the economy, but suddenly he said: “I have to go to the situation room. There's a problem I need to solve."

It is known about the attack on the Al-Omar oil field, where American troops are stationed, and the US base Al-Shaddadi.

image.png.bd77d1da45dd453744a6b4e1df346069.png

Respectfully, are we sure about this one?   I see nothing on CBC,BBC,CNN,NYT,AP,FOX and you'd think this would be headline news.

A google search of Al-Omar  and Al-Shaddadi shows only stuff from months and/or years ago.

Edited by Satchmo

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Respectfully, are we sure about this one?   I see nothing on CBC,BBC,CNN,NYT,AP,FOX and you'd think this would be headline news.

A google search of Al-Omar  and Al-Shaddadi shows only stuff from months and/or years ago.

Nope, no clue, I am in an office in Canada. ; )

Just saw it come along in real time and shared. Seemed interesting. "local media reports" being the tag in the first line. I am fine deleting it if i cant find anything else shortly.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-biden-announces-new-tech-hubs-in-32-states-remarks-on-bidenomics-and-the-economy

This is the video that accompanied the note I copied and pasted: if you check the 10 min mark Biden has to go to the Situation Room with another issue he has to deal with.

The explosions on three bases, however I have no evidence of at all other than the narrative i read and pasted here.

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Nope, no clue, I am in an office in Canada. ; )

Just saw it come along in real time and shared. Seemed interesting. "local media reports" being the tag in the first line. I am fine deleting it if i cant find anything else shortly.

Sounds good.   If you do any deleting, please feel free to blow my posts away as well.

5 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I think the world needs to call on Hamas to surrender to stave off an incredibly horrific humanitarian situation in Gaza, it is already there, but it is about to get 10 fold worse for the people Hamas govern. 

Yah , i don't see that is realistic.  Do you remember hearing about many terrorists that just surrender ?

How about Israel leader Bibi admitting his government policy has led this conflict to where it is today.

Hamas ( terrorists ) are really the symptom of a much greater problem ( racist - Israeli government policy} and lack of world intervention on a middle east peace plan

Apartheid as gov policy  will also always result in  conflict escalation and terrorism.

Bibi steps down ( surrenders ) - probably a more likely scenario

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago - 33°34′N 38°27′E

Al-Tanf base was targeted for the second time in less than a weee: American forces shot down a drone that attacked Al-Tanf base, located on the Triangle Border

5 hours ago
US, @DeptofDefense blaming drones & rockets attacks vs US troops in Iraq & Syria on "Iranian-backed groups" "We know that these groups are groups that are backed by Iran" per @PentagonPresSec. But "we haven't seen a direct order" from Tehran, he says

8 hours ago
Pro-Iranian militias in Iraq launch a drone attack on Al Malikiya military base in Syria, housing U.S. military personnel

8 hours ago
The Islamic Resistance (Iraq) targeted the Al Tanf coalition base and Al Rubkan with 2 drones this morning
2 hours ago
US has intel that Iran-backed groups are planning to ramp up attacks on US troops in the Middle East as Iran seeks to capitalize on backlash to US support of Israel. There are "red lights flashing everywhere," official said

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-biden-announces-new-tech-hubs-in-32-states-remarks-on-bidenomics-and-the-economy

This is the video that accompanied the note I copied and pasted: if you check the 10 min mark Biden has to go to the Situation Room with another issue he has to deal with.

The explosions on three bases, however I have no evidence of at all other than the narrative i read and pasted here.

Wow Iran launches drones.... USA bombs the crap out of Iranian infrastructure....

Seems like a bad deal for Iran....

Edited by moosehead

Just now, moosehead said:

Wow Iran launches drones.... USA bombs the crap out of Iranian infrasture....

Seems like a bad deal for Iran....

I would think in this case we are talking about military grade UAV's with warheads on them, not your terrorist style DJI Mini Quadcopter with the lighting electrical harness rewired to a claw that is holding a grenade handle in place and can be released with the push of your X button on the controller. Iran is a viable nation state with weapons of war. 

16 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I would think in this case we are talking about military grade UAV's with warheads on them, not your terrorist style DJI Mini Quadcopter with the lighting electrical harness rewired to a claw that is holding a grenade handle in place and can be released with the push of your X button on the controller. Iran is a viable nation state with weapons of war. 

At the same time, they're still flying F-14s.    They don't want to risk pushing the US to a point where they need to retaliate.

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

It was created and shared amongst a bunch of ultra right wing Twitter handles and websites that are chock full of anti-Islamic vitriol.

I since went back to look at some of them and the stories have been deleted.

Maybe not depending on those sources in the first place is a wise bet.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, moosehead said:

By situation room.....  was he referring to the bathroom.....?  

That is what I call it half an hour after my morning coffee.

There were more hostages released in some sort of deal, so that could have been it.