Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

It was prince's from Kyiv who met the Golden Horde at the Dnipro river and ..actually that didn't go well. The Ukraine's forebears faked a truce and butchered the horde delegation, ultimately being defeated by a well known now tactic of feigning retreat before a quick flanking maneuvre by the horde at the river. ultimately the defeated prince's and their entourage were placed under a large wooden 'dancefloor' for lack of a better term and the horde held a feast on it, crushing the lying opponents under their feet while they ate. 

edit: lol, i am reminded of a great musical and in particular:

"I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's;
I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,
I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,
In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous;
I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,
I know the croaking chorus from The Frogs of Aristophanes!
Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore,[c]
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.

name that tune?

I was not aware you were a modern major general. Or are you just the model for one...?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Welcome to the shi... show....

EU leaders call for pauses in fighting to allow aid into Gaza

European Union leaders have called for "humanitarian corridors and pauses" to allow aid to reach civilians in Gaza.

In a declaration at a summit in Brussels, the leaders of the EU's 27 nations expressed "gravest concern for the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Gaza".

They called for "continued, rapid, safe and unhindered humanitarian access and aid to reach those in need through all necessary measures including humanitarian corridors and pauses for humanitarian needs".

1. Meanwhile, Hamas says about 50 hostages being held in Gaza have been killed as a result of Israel bombarding the Strip in retaliation to Hamas's 7 October attack
  2. More than 1,400 were killed in the initial attacks on Israel by Hamas, and Israel says more than 220 people are still being held hostage in Gaza
  3. The Hamas-run health ministry says 7,000 people have been killed since Israeli air strikes on Gaza began - an increase of 500 since Wednesday

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67223217

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Did Mosul fair better than Aleppo?

good question - I need someone more knowledgable about Syria than me to answer that one. 

11 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Welcome to the shi... show....

EU leaders call for pauses in fighting to allow aid into Gaza

European Union leaders have called for "humanitarian corridors and pauses" to allow aid to reach civilians in Gaza.

In a declaration at a summit in Brussels, the leaders of the EU's 27 nations expressed "gravest concern for the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Gaza".

They called for "continued, rapid, safe and unhindered humanitarian access and aid to reach those in need through all necessary measures including humanitarian corridors and pauses for humanitarian needs".

thats good 

11 minutes ago, moosehead said:
  1. Meanwhile, Hamas says about 50 hostages being held in Gaza have been killed as a result of Israel bombarding the Strip in retaliation to Hamas's 7 October attack
  2. More than 1,400 were killed in the initial attacks on Israel by Hamas, and Israel says more than 220 people are still being held hostage in Gaza
  3. The Hamas-run health ministry says 7,000 people have been killed since Israeli air strikes on Gaza began - an increase of 500 since Wednesday

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67223217

I don't believe a word Hamas says 

6 hours ago, Odd. said:

Ah yes, so you don’t have a source. 

Also, Hamas aren’t actual officials of Palestine. The Palestine Liberation Organization are the actual ones who are reporting directly to the UN. 

You literally don’t know what you’re talking about.     

As was provided to you earlier, but you ignored it, if that is not enough then see the other links I posted below...

https://www2.cbn.com/news/world/palestinian-authority-issues-call-murder-jews-tells-islamic-leaders-incite-violence

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-114hhrg97265/html/CHRG-114hhrg97265.htm

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-114hhrg20651/html/CHRG-114hhrg20651.htm

https://palwatch.org/page/18541

As for who is in charge in Gaza, Hamas are the officials in charge of Gaza. FULL STOP. Hamas reports to the UN in Gaza. FULL STOP.

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

Hamas took control over Gaza. They weren’t actually voted in like Israel falsely claims. A small minority that voted for Hamas were influenced by propaganda. When the true intentions were revealed, Palestinians revolted, and Hamas started killing the Fatah supporters. PNA’s (the Fatah) were the actual “governors” if you will of Palestine. Hamas is a militant group, so yeah, it is irrelevant to the discussion that valid Palestinian sources come from the PLO, which is directly linked with UN as well as other international organizations.

You are just making shit up left right and centre. 

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

So why bomb sanitation places? Why bomb media stations quite like the one that obliterated an Al Jazeera’s journalist entire family just yesterday. Why bomb schools full of injured and sick children that resulted  in a 10 year old boys face, both legs, and urinary organs COMPLETELY blown out of his body, again just yesterday. Is this what collateral is supposed to be? “Oh, there might be 1 Hamas guy there, let’s completely carpet fuck that whole street block and kill another 150 children in the process”.

Because they put their military in those places. See what you yourself wrote in the section below. You know that, but ignore it. 

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

Hamas are vermin, they will use Palestinians as human shields and pieces to their own chess game. Unfortunately, there will be casualties, on both sides, that is war.

Israel is more than capable of mapping out potential hideouts, especially with the help of the US. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to have a problem with bombing and using missiles as it’s been far convenient for them. 

However, I wouldn’t doubt Israeli soldiers going in and just killing Palestinians regardless. They’ve killed nearly 100 Palestinians since this war in the West Bank and there’s no Hamas. I find it highly unlikely IDF will show any type of humanity to the innocent children of Palestine, which make up roughly 59-65% of their entire population.

Hamas is not in charge in the West Bank, but to suggest that they are not active there is absolute bull shit.

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

Yes, but I highly doubt IDF is prioritizing killing Hamas in a full ground scale assault. More like what they call a “nakba”.

Hamas loves this comment.

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hmmmm.. people are starting to ask questions...

A California city has become the first in the US to pass a resolution condemning Israel — accusing the Jewish nation of committing “ethnic cleansing and collective punishment.”

The resolution passed by the Richmond City Council around 1 a.m. Wednesday states, in part, that Palestinians in Gaza “are currently facing a campaign of ethnic cleansing and collective punishment by the state of Israel.”

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/california-city-the-first-in-us-to-condemn-israel-accuse-jewish-state-of-ethnic-cleansing-in-gaza/

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, moosehead said:

A California city has become the first in the US to pass a resolution condemning Israel — accusing the Jewish nation of committing “ethnic cleansing and collective punishment.”

The resolution passed by the Richmond City Council around 1 a.m. Wednesday states, in part, that Palestinians in Gaza “are currently facing a campaign of ethnic cleansing and collective punishment by the state of Israel.”

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/california-city-the-first-in-us-to-condemn-israel-accuse-jewish-state-of-ethnic-cleansing-in-gaza/

was this passed on Sep 11th? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

Richmond City is the size of Maple Ridge.  I don't think anyone in the world cares what their city council says...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Richmond City is the size of Maple Ridge.  I don't think anyone in the world cares what their city council says...

The seeds of war start to sprout.....   Death and loss of life will be the end result.

Address the Oppression in the region.   Address the racism / occupation / ethnic cleansing ....    Peace is the only way forward. 

80 years of hatred has not advanced the region.  To those here  that are demand killings - have you ever been up close to a corpse - ever been up close  to a charred body.... ?    Killing is not the answer.  Too many innocent victims and / or family members of the victim. 

Hate is not the way forward in this conflict

Iran’s foreign minister accused the US of directing Israel’s war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip, saying in a fiery speech at the United Nations that America “will not be spared from this fire” if the fighting is not halted.

“We have always supported peace and security, but today in New York and the United Nations I say frankly to the American statesman who are now managing the genocide in Palestine that we do not welcome an expansion of the war in the region,” Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said in his address.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/iran-foreign-minister-warns-us-against-escalating-war-in-gaza-you-wont-be-spared-from-the-fire/

Edited by moosehead
  • Haha 1

Just now, moosehead said:

The seeds of war start to sprout.....   Death and loss of life will be the end result.

Address the Oppression in the region.   Address the racism / occupation / ethnic cleansing ....    Peace is the only way forward. 

80 years of hatred has not advanced the region.

Iran’s foreign minister accused the US of directing Israel’s war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip, saying in a fiery speech at the United Nations that America “will not be spared from this fire” if the fighting is not halted.

“We have always supported peace and security, but today in New York and the United Nations I say frankly to the American statesman who are now managing the genocide in Palestine that we do not welcome an expansion of the war in the region,” Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said in his address.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/iran-foreign-minister-warns-us-against-escalating-war-in-gaza-you-wont-be-spared-from-the-fire/

Cool. Bring it. The entire civilized world is waiting to get rid of the Iranian leadership. Not to mention those there in the streets that have been killed and tamped down.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Cool. Bring it. The entire civilized world is waiting to get rid of the Iranian leadership. Not to mention those there in the streets that have been killed and tamped down.  

When it is your relative  killed through this conflict... will you still be saying Cool bring it ?  I don't wish war / death / life changing injuries on anyone in this world. Iranian leadership is despicable.. but in war it is usually the innocent / working class /  civilians that are most damaged.

Edited by moosehead

45 minutes ago, moosehead said:

When it is your child killed through this conflict... will you still be saying Cool bring it ?  I don't wish war / death / life changing injuries on anyone in this world. Iranian leadership is despicable.. but in war it is usually the innocent / working class /  civilians that are most damaged.

No, but?

49 minutes ago, moosehead said:

80 years of hatred has not advanced the region.  To those here  that are demand killings - have you ever been up close to a corpse - ever been up close  to a charred body.... ?    Killing is not the answer.  Too many innocent victims and / or family members of the victim. 

Hate is not the way forward in this conflict

This verbiage is as straightforward as Russian Lavrov explaining to a peace delegation that they are protecting everyone by stifling Ukrainian aggressors. 

Telling Africans they are fighting for them, and world food security.  Cough, then bomb grain silo's destined for the 3rd world the very next day. After backing out of a grain export deal 5 or so days earlier.

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, moosehead said:

When it is your child killed through this conflict... will you still be saying Cool bring it ?  I don't wish war / death / life changing injuries on anyone in this world. Iranian leadership is despicable.. but in war it is usually the innocent / working class /  civilians that are most damaged.

I could obviously reply as a poster. 

I wouldn’t want my child kidnapped and put into a tunnel as a hostage either.

I’m just gonna say, I appreciate your reply. I don’t think you’re off base with what you’re alluding to. 

I’ll simply lead by example in not trying to respond with, “I’m right, you’re wrong” nonsense. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I could obviously reply as a poster. 

I wouldn’t want my child kidnapped and put into a tunnel as a hostage either.

I’m just gonna say, I appreciate your reply. I don’t think you’re off base with what you’re alluding to. 

I’ll simply lead by example in not trying to respond with, “I’m right, you’re wrong” nonsense. 

Cheers. 

Yah, i get a little too emotional here at times.  War is hell. 

Need to spend a bit more time not reading about this conflict and the Ukraine.

A sad time right now in our world.......   

cheers....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

When it is your relative  killed through this conflict... will you still be saying Cool bring it ?  I don't wish war / death / life changing injuries on anyone in this world. Iranian leadership is despicable.. but in war it is usually the innocent / working class /  civilians that are most damaged.

If you really think the Iranian leaders are despicable, why are you quoting them? They would use you and throw you to the curb in a body bag.

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If you really think the Iranian leaders are despicable, why are you quoting them? They would use you and throw you to the curb in a body bag.

Iran has been destroyed by it's extreme politics.  

At the same time , i don't want to see this conflict expanded.  Any loss of USA soldiers  / innocent civllians in the region  would be very sad to see. 

We have more than enough conflict right now in our world.

Looking forward to the day when Russia is sent packing to their own country and Ukraine is free again.  

13 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Yah, i get a little too emotional here at times.  War is hell. 

Need to spend a bit more time not reading about this conflict and the Ukraine.

A sad time right now in our world.......   

cheers....

I wonder if the internet existed 110 years ago if we would have had people saying pretty much the same as you (a great many) are saying now? 
The world is again on the edge of horror. It’s just that now, unlike 110 years ago, we average folk are instantly aware of it. Truly don’t know if our being aware makes any difference to what happens though. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Iran has been destroyed by it's extreme politics.  

At the same time , i don't want to see this conflict expanded.  Any loss of USA soldiers  / innocent civllians in the region  would be very sad to see. 

We have more than enough conflict right now in our world.

Looking forward to the day when Russia is sent packing to their own country and Ukraine is free again.  

Ok but I want to push you a bit on quoting these people. Imo repeating their statements just pushes their propaganda. Are you ok with that?

23 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ok but I want to push you a bit on quoting these people. Imo repeating their statements just pushes their propaganda. Are you ok with that?

Their propaganda ?   They are  publicly threatening the USA if this gaza conflict expands.

It is not propaganda in my opinion.  It is a threat and they mean it.  I am not pushing their message.  

It is all over mainstream media. 

I think it is good for us all to realize the risks of an expanded conflict if we can't make some kind of peace in Israel . 

We do not need more war / conflict in this world. 

Edited by moosehead

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Their propaganda ?   They are just publicly threatening the USA if this gaza conflict expands.

It is not propaganda in my opinion.  It is a threat and they mean it.  I am not pushing their message.  

It is all over mainstream media. 

I think it is good for us all to realize the risks of an expanded conflict if we can't make some kind of peace in Israel . 

We do not need more war / conflict in this world. 

So you think the US should stop what they are doing based on this theat? I'm genuinely confused by what you think the takeaway should be from what you posted.

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

So you think the US should stop what they are doing based on this theat? I'm genuinely confused by what you think the takeaway should be from what you posted.

I think that the EU, USA and the UN should all be involved with negotiating a 2 state solution for this conflict. 

I think that the EU, USA and the UN should all be involved with influencing Israel to stop the oppression / occupation / collective punishment of 2 million palestinians in Gaza.

1, 960,000 of these Gaza citizens are innocent civilians and should NOT be collectively punished / harmed. Remember many are woman and children and just want to have a peaceful life with basic needs met / freedom to live in and not in a cage......

Remember that right now Gaza buildings / apartments  are  being bombed and quite likely American and Canadian bombs / munition devices  are being used for this . 

Edited by moosehead