Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yeah but thats not what you said. You said never. So which is it? I can't tell from your posts whether or not you think Israel has a right to exist. 

You are grasping at straws now..... I have consistently posted stating my support for a 2 state solution.

So do you or do you  not support the bombing of 1 million innocent  women and children.. Which is it ?

Edited by moosehead

Just now, moosehead said:

You are grasping at straws now..... I have consistently posted stating my support for a 2 state solution.

So do you or do you  not support the bombing of 1 million innocent  women and children.. Which is it ?

are they planning to bomb all of them? 

Israel has no choice, Hamas puts its own people in harms way. Its a horrible choice that they Israelis are forced to make. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

are they planning to bomb all of them? 

Israel has no choice, Hamas puts its own people in harms way. Its a horrible choice that they Israelis are forced to make. 

Justify yourself however you can.  Protect yourself however you can.  It may help when you see the photos of dead women and kids.

Me , i do not support the killing of innocent civilians in any conflict . Sorry but we have seen enough killling in the confict by both sides.

I am surprised you support more murder to be honest......

Justify yourself however you can.  Protect yourself however you can.  It may help when you see the photos of dead women and kids.

Me , i do not support the killing of innocent civilians in any conflict . Sorry but we have seen enough killling in the confict by both sides.

I am surprised you support more murder to be honest......

I support Israel's right to protect itself. However they can do that and minimize the harm, I hope they choose that way. 

I haven't seen a solution yet thats grounded in reality that can stop this any other way. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I haven't seen a solution yet thats grounded in reality that can stop this any other way. 

Keep looking.  Killing women and children is never acceptable.  In fact it is a war crime.  

Damning evidence of war crimes as Israeli attacks wipe out entire families in Gaza

As Israeli forces continue to intensify their cataclysmic assault on the occupied Gaza Strip, Amnesty International has documented unlawful Israeli attacks, including indiscriminate attacks, which caused mass civilian casualties and must be investigated as war crimes.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

Edited by moosehead
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I support Israel's right to protect itself. However they can do that and minimize the harm, I hope they choose that way. 

If they flatten everything in Gaza, that will force the surrounding Muslim countries to either take in millions of refugees that they don't want or block them at their borders and let many thousands of Gazans choose between rushing weapon guarded borders or starving to death.

This could get uglier as time goes on and it won't just be Israel killing the Palestinians.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

If they flatten everything in Gaza, that will force the surrounding Muslim countries to either take in millions of refugees that they don't want or block them at their borders and let many thousands of Gazans to choose between rushing weapon guarded borders or starving to death.

This could get uglier as time goes on and it won't just be Israel killing the Palestinians.

I don't think Israel will take it that far. Biden has already publicly stated he won't support that. 

I think the goal is to take out most or all of that tunnel system and the places they know are the usual hiding spots for Hamas. Once they do that I can see them pulling back. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yeah but thats not what you said. You said never. So which is it? I can't tell from your posts whether or not you think Israel has a right to exist. 

And we're back to this again.

What is it about not supporting violence that suggests this to you people?  Literally NOBODY in any fashion has made any sort of statement like that in this thread yet this is the EXACT statement used as a counter that isn't a direct claim of anti-semitism

Not agreeing with a heavy handed response that will result in collateral damage in the form of dead civilians/children does not indicate, suggest or support the idea that Israel does not have a right to exist.  That very suggestion indicates the person saying it step away from this thread because they are either to emotional to be an adult or are not mature enough to consider that people genuinely care more about their fellow humans than they do about picking a side.

If a person can not handle this conversation without resorting to calling someone anti semitic or claiming they don't believe Israel has a right to existence; simply because they don't believe that a step up in violence is the right move; they need to take a gd lap.  I've already taken a suspension for making this exact claim by suggesting the person I was responding to was less than stellar for making that statement and I'll take another with my head high knowing that my simple position is enough to enflame others to the point that silence is needed

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

So whats your actual on the ground solution? 

One idea...

Split the north gaza into 2 sectors.  Buffer zone.

Let the civilians move to the south.  Give them aid.

Keep Hamas in the north.

Move the innocents out of harms way.   Take their time.  Let the women and children / innocents get out. 

I don't think Israel will take it that far. Biden has already publicly stated he won't support that. 

I think the goal is to take out most or all of that tunnel system and the places they know are the usual hiding spots for Hamas. Once they do that I can see them pulling back. 

Normally I'd agree, but Netanyahu is the X-factor here.  He's been aching to do this for a while and Hamas handed him an invitation.

One idea...

Split the north gaza into 2 sectors.  Buffer zone.

Let the civilians move to the south.  Give them aid.

Keep Hamas in the north.

Move the innocents out of harms way.   Take their time.  Let the women and children / innocents get out. 

isn't that kind of what Israel already did by telling people to move south? 

I'm not sure how you get the Hamas fighters to leave the south tho. 

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Normally I'd agree, but Netanyahu is the X-factor here.  He's been aching to do this for a while and Hamas handed him an invitation.

yeah he isn't someone I'd trust. I think there's a lot of internal and external pressure on him so hopefully that keeps him in check.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And we're back to this again.

What is it about not supporting violence that suggests this to you people?  Literally NOBODY in any fashion has made any sort of statement like that in this thread yet this is the EXACT statement used as a counter that isn't a direct claim of anti-semitism

I never accused him of that. I wanted clarification on his position. 

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Not agreeing with a heavy handed response that will result in collateral damage in the form of dead civilians/children does not indicate, suggest or support the idea that Israel does not have a right to exist.  That very suggestion indicates the person saying it step away from this thread because they are either to emotional to be an adult or are not mature enough to consider that people genuinely care more about their fellow humans than they do about picking a side.

If a person can not handle this conversation without resorting to calling someone anti semitic or claiming they don't believe Israel has a right to existence; simply because they don't believe that a step up in violence is the right move; they need to take a gd lap.  I've already taken a suspension for making this exact claim by suggesting the person I was responding to was less than stellar for making that statement and I'll take another with my head high knowing that my simple position is enough to enflame others to the point that silence is needed

I didn't make a personal claim about anyone. Maybe thats the difference? 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Sure.  Those above posts suggest that.

How do you go from "israel has no choice"

to

I don't think they will take it that far

Knowing that the reality is only kind of sort of in the middle?  They already stated they plan to essentially bulldoze the Wadi in to the sea to create a buffer.  I mean....this is only a step up so far.

It might be it.  it might not be.  I'd be willing to put money on a lot more dead civilians turning up before the truth between either is found out and then the justification for how and why will be short, succinct and anyone who says otherwise will be labeled.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

isn't that kind of what Israel already did by telling people to move south? 

I'm not sure how you get the Hamas fighters to leave the south tho. 

yeah he isn't someone I'd trust. I think there's a lot of internal and external pressure on him so hopefully that keeps him in check.

You do realize that Hamas wants Israel to send in ground forces... right ? You do realize that this was Hamas's plan.

I never accused him of that. I wanted clarification on his position. 

I didn't make a personal claim about anyone. Maybe thats the difference? 

Your very suggestion of not knowing when you know full well they've never suggested that speaks volumes.  

Semantics are the ever worthy guard of the cowar.....never mind.  I didn't make a personal claim but we all know how that will end up and I'd rather avoid an outright ban for not making a personal claim about anyone

I stopped paying close attention to this area a long time ago.  The only reason I'm paying attention now is that this is new.

However the same old thing happened that always happens when the Palestinians want to run away from violence, The Rafah border crossing was shut down by both Hamas who wanted to use Palestinians as human shields and Egypt who likes to publicly shed tears for the Palestinians, but when it comes time to help them survive, they keep the Palestinians out of Egypt at gunpoint.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Sure.  Those above posts suggest that.

How do you go from "israel has no choice"

to

I don't think they will take it that far

its not difficult Hip. How Israel chooses to defend itself is a legitimate point of discussion. How far they take things will determine how much International support they have. So yes something of a moderate approach would be best, but it will come with some sad outcomes for many. 

Show me how it can go any differently. 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Knowing that the reality is only kind of sort of in the middle?  They already stated they plan to essentially bulldoze the Wadi in to the sea to create a buffer.  I mean....this is only a step up so far.

It might be it.  it might not be.  I'd be willing to put money on a lot more dead civilians turning up before the truth between either is found out and then the justification for how and why will be short, succinct and anyone who says otherwise will be labeled.

meh, I don't know why you're so focused on that. I don't see that happening the way you do. 

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

You do realize that Hamas wants Israel to send in ground forces... right ? You do realize that this was Hamas's plan.

I really hope that isn't the case but knowing that Hamas cares as little for Palestinians as they do for Israelis I have little doubt it is what they want.  Cause more damage.  Claim that they're the victims.  Play the part and look for sentiment and sympathy for their actions and all of the dead civilians caught in the middle.

If in fact this is what Hamas wanted though, they got it and they'll suffer hard for it.  Israel is not taking their ball and going home until every single hiding place is rooted out and eliminated and this is sadly what it will take to bring in any level of "peace" in the short term.

What happens when the guns fall silent though?  That's a lot of open land that will need people.....

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Your very suggestion of not knowing when you know full well they've never suggested that speaks volumes.  

does it? no I didn't know, so I asked him. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Semantics are the ever worthy guard of the cowar.....never mind.  I didn't make a personal claim but we all know how that will end up and I'd rather avoid an outright ban for not making a personal claim about anyone

PM me your feelings then, I won't report you. 

• Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If they flatten everything in Gaza, that will force the surrounding Muslim countries to either take in millions of refugees that they don't want or block them at their borders and let many thousands of Gazans choose between rushing weapon guarded borders or starving to death.

This could very well end up like Yemen.  Millions starving.  Neighbouring nations with closed borders but "thoughts and prayers" and we know what happens afterwards

The expression I believe was something like, "graves are easier to dig in the sand."

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1