Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Hundreds of Pro-Palestinian protesters forced the temporary closure of NY city  Grand Central Terminal during the Friday evening rush as they staged a massive sit-in inside the station’s concourse.

The sea of demonstrators, wearing black shirts that said “Jews say cease fire now,” took over the station’s vast concourse chanting “no more weapons. No more war. Ceasefire is what we’re fighting for.”

Other protesters climbed atop the ticket counter with large banners that read “Palestinians should be FREE” and “Never again for anyone.”

The sit-in demonstration, organized by Jewish Voice for Peace, 

https://nypost.com/2023/10/27/metro/pro-palestinian-protesters-shut-down-grand-central-terminal-during-evening-rush/

“no more weapons. No more war. Ceasefire is what we’re fighting for.”  followed by "Oh my god why are people killing us again"

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Well, then I'm a criminal for wanting this to end with the least amount of suffering.

B’Tselem – The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights

Gaza’s roughly two million residents are living a terrifying nightmare: relentless air strikes against which there is no defense; a total collapse of infrastructure; entire residential neighborhoods wiped out; hundreds of thousands displaced, many of whom no longer have homes to return to; no power, water, food or medicine. The Gaza Strip is closed on all sides, and there is nowhere to run. None of this is an aberration or a mistake. The horrifying reality in the Gaza Strip is a direct result of a stated Israeli policy.

Targeting civilians is prohibited, no matter the circumstances, and no objective in the world can justify it: not the shocking crimes committed by Hamas in Israeli communities near the Gaza border, not an all-out war on terror, not the desire to replace the Hamas regime in the Gaza Strip. That is also why there is absolutely no justification for the war crimes Israel has been committing in the Gaza Strip for the past 12 days.

B’Tselem – The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories strives for a future in which human rights, liberty and equality are guaranteed to all people, Palestinian and Jewish alike, living between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea. Such a future will only be possible when the Israeli occupation and apartheid regime end. That is the future we are working towards. B’Tselem (in Hebrew literally: in the image of),

https://www.btselem.org/gaza_strip/20231019_one_crime_does_not_justify_anothert_he_attack_against_civilians_in_gaza_must_end

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

B’Tselem – The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories strives for a future in which human rights, liberty and equality are guaranteed to all people, Palestinian and Jewish alike, living between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea. Such a future will only be possible when the Israeli occupation and apartheid regime end. That is the future we are working towards. B’Tselem (in Hebrew literally: in the image of),

https://www.btselem.org/gaza_strip/20231019_one_crime_does_not_justify_anothert_he_attack_against_civilians_in_gaza_must_end

So your in the this is all Israel's fault camp. Thanks for clarifying that.

image.jpeg.155c97c5631b6b23e65f3ae96ccb39e5.jpeg

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I'm pretty sure he works for Putin 

PO11355809 doesn't work for anybody but himself.

He is easily manipulated though.

He had long scorned that deal and I believe Putin's influence had nothing to do with that scorn. 

Fact of the matter is America withdrew from the deal. 

And here we are.

Just like Bush's axis of evil comments, the US creates the climate for the extremists in charge of Iran to stay in power.

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

So your in the this is all Israel's fault camp. Thanks for clarifying that.

image.jpeg.155c97c5631b6b23e65f3ae96ccb39e5.jpeg

So you think murdering innocent children is defending yourself... well what can i say...... you just identified who u are.....and what u stand for.

I stand for Peace.... and non violence. 

Edited by moosehead

3 hours ago, moosehead said:

Keep looking.  Killing women and children is never acceptable.  In fact it is a war crime.  

Damning evidence of war crimes as Israeli attacks wipe out entire families in Gaza

As Israeli forces continue to intensify their cataclysmic assault on the occupied Gaza Strip, Amnesty International has documented unlawful Israeli attacks, including indiscriminate attacks, which caused mass civilian casualties and must be investigated as war crimes.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

Really? Your source is amnesty international? The organization that was caught in lies just last year in Ukraine and is consistently antisemitic? If anything, it’s probably proof that it actually nowhere close to truth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Really? Your source is amnesty international? The organization that was caught in lies just last year in Ukraine and is consistently antisemitic? If anything, it’s probably proof that it actually nowhere close to truth.

Your source is a government that practises apartheid, occupation, ethnic cleansing, murder , and racism...  I could go on ....

Israel has come from being the oppressed.... to now being the oppressor....

Edited by moosehead
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

And risk my lefty cred?

Or is it my Maga both side-isms?

I'd rather not because much as I stated before while I will call out hypocrisy I sure as hell don't care enough to hide it.  if I can't say it openly it isn't worth speaking behind closed doors or behind other's backs.

I respect the hell out of everyone in this thread but much like the covid thread; emotions and personal bias are making people say things I never thought I'd hear from them and I won't hide my feelings about it.

I will say.  When the ban hammer does come for me.  I will miss all of you.  But I won't change who I am or hide my feelings.

The danger of not giving a fuck and not

staying true to yourself hey brother

" They came for the communists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist

Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew 

Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist 

Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant

Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me " 

Martin Niemoller

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Your source is a government that practises apartheid, occupation, ethnic cleansing, murder , and racism...  I could go on ....

Israel has come from being the oppressed.... to now being the oppressor....

Wrong. My source is personal experience living in that country, visiting it consistently, at least every second year and countless family members and friends who currently live there.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Wrong. My source is personal experience living in that country, visiting it consistently, at least every second year and countless family members and friends who currently live there.

@RomanPer

As a first hand source do you think the average Palestinian person would accept a two state solution to this problem? From reading here and other second hand sources I get the impression those who have had the decision making power and (say they) represent  Palestinian people refuse (refused) any offered two state solution. Is that because the solutions offered were not fair or they (those who say they represent the Palistinisn people) wouldn’t accept any idea that had Israel exist?  Isn’t there any group that can truly represent the Palestinian people? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I don’t know now. When I lived in Israel and talked to Palestinian guys from Hebron and Bethlehem, they actually prepared to live under Israeli administration then their own. But obviously, these were business owners and not every single person. My Palestinian friend from Edmonton would love to see a 2 state solution, but it’s only possible without extreme crazies on both sides.

Exactly.  Bottom line is that exterminating Hamas is beneficial to both sides over the long term.  It's going to look ugly thanks to the barbaric tactics they are using, but not a single one of these terrorists can be permitted to live.  Forcing the Palestinians to replace them with actual people is the kindest thing to do.

Hmmmm believe some random guys on a hockey chat forum.    

Sorry NOPE.  I  am going to  have to trust. the United Nations....

The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization whose stated purposes are to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and serve as a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations

UN Secretary General António Guterres reiterated his call for a humanitarian truce ahead of the General Assembly vote, calling for the "unconditional release of all hostages" and for life-saving supplies to be delivered into Gaza "at the scale needed."

"Everyone must assume their responsibilities. This is a moment of truth. History will judge us all," Guterres said in a post on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-ground-raid-gaza-strikes-syria-un-vote-eu-ceasefire-1.7010037

Edited by moosehead

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Exactly.  Bottom line is that exterminating Hamas is beneficial to both sides over the long term.  It's going to look ugly thanks to the barbaric tactics they are using, but not a single one of these terrorists can be permitted to live.  Forcing the Palestinians to replace them with actual people is the kindest thing to do.

So going by your logic should we " exterminate " as you put it the Isreali settlers that commit acts of violence on innocent Palestinians ? 

https://time.com/6329142/west-bank-settler-violence-israel-security/

And just so we are clear on my position about the attacks by Hamas, from the article 

" While Isreal is focused on its justified fight against Hamas in Gaza, it cannot neglect what is happening in the west bank where settler violence threatens the integrity of Isreals security and democracy " 

And what about this guy heffy, Ben Gvir 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-66614459

" He has previous convictions for racism and supporting terrorism " 

"In December he was made a top minister by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who gave him a seat in his security cabinet and put him in charge of domestic police "

So what is it heffy ?

" Exterminate "  people that commit acts of violence on one side of the conflict and not the other ? 

And just so we are clear about my position, members from both sides that commit acts of violence against unarmed members of the other side should be brought to justice and if it involves them being killed as a last resort then that sadly that is what must happen.

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organization whose stated purposes are to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and serve as a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations

UN Secretary General António Guterres reiterated his call for a humanitarian truce ahead of the General Assembly vote, calling for the "unconditional release of all hostages" and for life-saving supplies to be delivered into Gaza "at the scale needed."

"Everyone must assume their responsibilities. This is a moment of truth. History will judge us all," Guterres said in a post on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-ground-raid-gaza-strikes-syria-un-vote-eu-ceasefire-1.7010037

So you trust North Korea?  

United Nations should be disbanded unless you like corruption and hypocritical behavior.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/07/14/north-korea-takes-un-hypocrisy-new-heights

https://www.thestar.com/news/insight/saudi-arabias-spot-on-the-board-of-un-women-a-sad-joke/article_720d0303-fc2d-5fbb-b666-6b563647d3ab.html

Edited by bolt

58 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Lol, toothless organization, only worried about political correctness and expressing concerns.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Lol, toothless organization, only worried about political correctness and expressing concerns.

Have they denounced anti-semitism and barbaric killings? or do they not want to offend some of the regimes they allow on council?