Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

5 hours ago, moosehead said:

Would North Americans support the Permenent Internment / caged   of 2 million christians who are limited in water, food , medicine and electricity. 

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Don't hold your breath waiting on an answer outside of "strawman"

The only ‘occupiers’ in Gaza are Hamas. If you care about ‘occupied’ Palestinians, care about the death-cult Hamas. And hope they are defeated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Indeed. 

Not sure why they were automatically labelled as far-left. 

doing a quick search on Bernie and criticism on this issue, it appears to me that he's being accused from either end on not doing enough. Not sure he's done anything other than say the basic Israel has a right to defend itself, and aid should go to Gaza. Didn't see anything out of Bernie that warranted hate from any group but that never stoped anyone. 

• Huggy Bear 1

57 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What makes that person far left?  Left?  Or anything but dumb?

I think in the Trump era it goes like this:

If you disagree with them then they are the opposite of whatever you are.  If you really disagree then you can start adding prefixes like far, ultra, extreme, etc.

Edited by Satchmo
Make the sarcasm more obvious
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, moosehead said:

imo many on the right are unintentionally  ( in many cases ) bolstering Israel extremists but it's also a  result  of   dislike / fear  of  islam 

Would North Americans support the Permenent Internment / caged   of 2 million christians who are limited in water, food , medicine and electricity. 

I don’t recall any areas in North America where Christians are being led by a terrorist organization that are using hospitals, churches and schools as their headquarters to maximize civilian casualties.

I also don’t know of anywhere in North America where the government is redirecting food, water and medical supplies to the same terrorist organization so they can starve their own people. 

The borders of Gaza were not blocked off until Gaza was occupied and run by a terrorist organization. Hamas are the ones that are starving their own people. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

If you disagree with them then they are the opposite of whatever you are.  If you really disagree then you can start adding prefixes like far, ultra, extreme, etc.

but some people really are extremists tho. Its one thing to have an online tiff, but groups like Hamas and Hezbollah are the real thing. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

but some people really are extremists tho. Its one thing to have an online tiff, but groups like Hamas and Hezbollah are the real thing. 

Are my jokes really that unfunny today?   ( though I thought there was a bit of truth to what I said)

48 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What makes that person far left?  Left?  Or anything but dumb?

42 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Indeed. 

That was just one tweet, but there is lots of support for Hamas coming from the far left and it's well documented...

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/fringe-left-groups-express-support-hamass-invasion-and-brutal-attacks-israel

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2023/10/25/23932077/democrats-far-left-antisemitism-problem-israel-hamas-palestinians-se-cupp

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/24/yuval-noah-harari-backs-critique-of-leftist-indifference-to-hamas-atrocities

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/11/opinion/israel-hamas-gaza.html

https://www.vox.com/politics/23924254/israel-palestine-hamas-american-left-wing-democrats-progressive

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Mosque chairman who praised Hamas founder advises CPS on hate crime

Mohammed Kozbar is also deputy secretary-general of Muslim Council of Britain, with which Whitehall has had a policy of ‘zero engagement’

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/10/28/mosque-chairman-praised-hamas-leader-advises-cps/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1698521052

30 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Indeed. 

This is a huge part of the current state of issues with this world and climate.

If you're not with us you're the enemy.  You're the far left.  Far right.  An islamaphobe.  Anti Semitic.  Hate freedom.  Hate human rights.  Hate the marginalized. 

It's a stupid person making a stupid comment on a statement that makes common sense and is stating that things need to change and haven't by a man who has fought for 60 years for basic human rights.

Needing to compartmentalize them by saying they are "the enemy" or far left/right only fuels the divide and it's 90% of the problem and 100% of the reason we can't find common ground anymore 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

The only ‘occupiers’ in Gaza are Hamas. If you care about ‘occupied’ Palestinians, care about the death-cult Hamas. And hope they are defeated.

Great to be naive.......    Hamas has not been active in gaza for 80 years.... nice try though.  Whatever helps you sleep at night i guess.....

22 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

There's lots of anti Semitic statements coming from the far right as well.

Where are those posts?  Why aren't you keying in to them?  Soros this and je ish space lasers and the Jewish Congress stealing us money and all.

Just spent 4 years dealing with that but where are those posts again?  Or does it not suit the narrative to remind people that both sides are wrong here and both sides have leadership that have caused much of these issues?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Fact check:  I read in Wikipedia that there are about 20,000 to 25,000 Hamas members.

Is that more or less everyone's estimate?

Yah , bombing 2 million to get back at 25K ......      Racism and hate is powerful though....

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Just spent 4 years dealing with that but where are those posts again?  Or does it not suit the narrative to remind people that both sides are wrong here and both sides have leadership that have caused much of these issues?

Racism ???

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I support my people in the Wet Su'Weten fight with a sticker.  Does that make me a climate fighter or environmental terrorist or someone who hates industry?

Again.  Part of the issue.

I'm not sure. I support the elected members of the Wet Su'Weten in their goal of economic security. What does that make me?

IMO getting mired down in this internet who said what crap leads to nothing productive. Israel has a real problem on its hands, and I haven't seen a realistic solution other than what they are doing to put an eventual stop to it, or at least control it.

We can argue all day about who said what, but if you have an actual practical idea regarding what Israel should be doing, I'd like to hear it. 

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

There's lots of anti Semitic statements coming from the far right as well.

Where are those posts?  Why aren't you keying in to them?  Soros this and je ish space lasers and the Jewish Congress stealing us money and all.

In the interest of fairness here you go, thanks for pointing that out...

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/10659129221111081

https://www.ajc.org/news/hate-is-on-the-rise-antisemitism-surges-on-americas-far-left-and-far-right

https://www.psypost.org/2022/07/overt-antisemitism-is-2-to-3-times-stronger-on-the-american-far-right-compared-to-the-far-left-study-finds-63603

57 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

1 minute ago, Playoff Beered said:

The hatred from the right towards anything Jewish or Israeli should tell you all you need to know about how deep the rot of anti-Semitism has set in

• Cheers 1

A settler colony

Academics have debated for decades whether Israel constitutes a settler colony, and following the arguments of leading scholars such as Joseph Massad, Rashid Khalidi, Noura Erakat, Ilan Pappe, Hamid Dabashi and Robert Wolfe (among others), the answer is convincing: Israel is the product of a national settler-colonial project.

To be sure, all modern nation-states have annexed land in certain respects, but the settler-colonial state’s distinguishing feature is that it does not come into being and cannot continue to exist without claiming sovereignty over land that is forcefully taken from its native inhabitants. In short, the settler colony can only claim its sovereignty through the eradication and erasure of native sovereignty.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2020/7/7/israel-is-a-settler-colony-annexing-native-land-is-what-it-does

16 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Great to be naive.......    Hamas has not been active in gaza for 80 years.... nice try though.  Whatever helps you sleep at night i guess.....

They weren't called Hamas back then but it's been happening under different names for a long time...

The mufti Haj Amin al-Husseini was appointed by the British in 1921. The title recognised his position as the major religious and political authority among the Palestinian Arabs. In accordance with the principle of “my enemy’s enemy is my ally”, the mufti sought support from Nazi,s and in return backed Hitler’s war, including the extermination of the Jews.

He initiated the formation of a predominantly Muslim unit of the Waffen SSin Bosnia. In November 1941 he was received by Hitler in Berlin.

F9j2FbbWcAAKj42.jpeg.50f7356770df68fe031e6f7932461721.jpeg

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

A settler colony

Academics have debated for decades whether Israel constitutes a settler colony, and following the arguments of leading scholars such as Joseph Massad, Rashid Khalidi, Noura Erakat, Ilan Pappe, Hamid Dabashi and Robert Wolfe (among others), the answer is convincing: Israel is the product of a national settler-colonial project.

To be sure, all modern nation-states have annexed land in certain respects, but the settler-colonial state’s distinguishing feature is that it does not come into being and cannot continue to exist without claiming sovereignty over land that is forcefully taken from its native inhabitants. In short, the settler colony can only claim its sovereignty through the eradication and erasure of native sovereignty.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2020/7/7/israel-is-a-settler-colony-annexing-native-land-is-what-it-does

its kind of ironic that the guy that wrote this is doing so from Calgary. 

Not sure how this concept plays into a long term solution?