Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

27 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Brother, as a Jew who grew up hearing the stories about pogroms and Holocaust and felt antisemitism on my own skin many times, trust me when I say that it’s eerily similar out there now to the times that led to the things i mentioned above.

I am really sorry to hear you feel like this my friend.

All I can say is that in the main I have only seen support for the Isreali people.

There are racists in every country, I am quite surprised, Australia has always had racist undertones in our societie, however the majority of Australians support the Isreali people and are horrified by the attacks by Hamas.

1 hour ago, Playoff Beered said:

Sure , but if you were from a historically marginalized peoples you might be biased too, I know I would be.

Yes the western governments are pro Isreal but look at the mood in the streets. Massive demonstrations with people marching and chanting anti Israeli slogans and most of them don't even know what some of those chants mean, which was kinda his point, "From the river to the sea...", some even chanting "death to Isreal", etc. People tearing down posters of kidnap victims, painting Stars of David on jewish businesses and homes...

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/global-antisemitic-incidents-wake-hamas-war-israel

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/24/rise-in-antisemitism-brings-germans-back-to-most-horrific-times

So all the Palestinians and Israeli's should just shut up because they're biased, or just him because he ranted? Ridiculous.

He can rant  all he  wants, however like those people you have mentioned, I take his message with a grain of salt.

He is biased like many of them are. 

As I stated I don't believe his rants are conducive to working out the problem that exist between the Palestinians and Isrealis.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Twitter is a mirror of humanity.  It has a sizable share of liars and deceivers.  .... and ignoramuses, and low IQ loudmouths, bleeding heart virtue signalers, trolls, etc.

This states all I need to know about the credibility of sources from twitter 

https://news.mit.edu/2018/study-twitter-false-news-travels-faster-true-stories-0308

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/3/8/17085928/fake-news-study-mit-science

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, moosehead said:

Would North Americans support the Permanent Internment / caged   of 2 million christians who are limited in water, food , medicine and electricity.

Look at N Korea?

If a blockade & sanctions are internment? Yup Dey is in da cage!

I saw an estimate that more than 50,000 missiles, genades, and other explosive have been launched from Gaza in 10 years. 5000 alone Oct 7. I have no idea exactly how accurate that # is?  I wouldn't be surprised if it was low. Towards Israel, largely non military targets.  

There is a reason why they are in a cage under blockade and sanctions. I always qualify that I believe in justice where Israel is heavy handed & abusive. Called for restraint.  In a bigger picture, Israel is not the main problem here. This is a Palestinian and Islamic self made problem. We also need Palestinians called to justice. 

If I was Palestinian, I would shoot the militant on my apartment roof firing missiles.  I am going to die anyway.   

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Look at N Korea?

If a blockade & sanctions are internment? Yup Dey is in da cage!

I saw an estimate that more than 50,000 missiles, genades, and other explosive have been launched from Gaza in 10 years. 5000 alone Oct 7. I have no idea exactly how accurate that # is?  I wouldn't be surprised if it was low. Towards Israel, largely non military targets.  

There is a reason why they are in a cage under blockade and sanctions. I always qualify that I believe in justice where Israel is heavy handed & abusive. Called for restraint.  In a bigger picture, Israel is not the main problem here. This is a Palestinian and Islamic self made problem. We also need Palestinians called to justice. 

If I was Palestinian, I would shoot the militant on my apartment roof firing missiles.  I am going to die anyway.   

IMO Hamas and their supporters will say whatever to lessen the IDF attack on Gaza. Their existence as a political entity is on the line. They knew what would happen when they carried out the atrocities they did in southern Israel. They were quite prepared to use their own people as shields in their military and propaganda campaign. Israel must eradicate Hamas and unfortunately innocent people will die on both sides.  Totally agree with you that the mindset of many Palestinians in the ME and around the world will have to change.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

IMO Hamas and their supporters will say whatever to lessen the IDF attack on Gaza. Their existence as a political entity is on the line. They knew what would happen when they carried out the atrocities they did in southern Israel. They were quite prepared to use their own people as shields in their military and propaganda campaign. Israel must eradicate Hamas and unfortunately innocent people will die on both sides.  Totally agree with you that the mindset of many Palestinians in the ME and around the world will have to change.  

IMO  Netanyahy and the Likud party / their supporters will say whatever to justify the ethnic cleansing and expanded settlements on Palestinian lands. Their existence as a political entity is on the line. They knew what would happen when they carried out these  Apartheid, Oppression, Occupation policies -  done in  Israel. They were quite prepared to use their own people as shields in their settler campaign.  Now innocent people will die on both sides.  Totally agree with you that the mindset of many Israeli's  in the ME and around the world will have to change.  

Get rid of the extremists on both sides of this conflict will be the first step in the peace process....

The Gaza Strip (/ˈɡɑːzə/;[4] Arabic: قِطَاعُ غَزَّةَ Qiṭāʿ Ġazzah [qɪˈtˤɑːʕ ˈɣaz.za]), or simply Gaza, is a Palestinian exclave on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea,[5] bordered by Egypt on the southwest and Israel on the east and north. Together, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank make up the State of Palestine, which has been under Israeli military occupation since 1967.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_Strip

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, moosehead said:

IMO  Netanyahy and the Likud party / their supporters will say whatever to justify the ethnic cleansing and expanded settlements on Palestinian lands. Their existence as a political entity is on the line. They knew what would happen when they carried out these  Apartheid, Oppression, Occupation policies -  have done in  Israel. They were quite prepared to use their own people as shields in their settler campaign.  Now innocent people will die on both sides.  Totally agree with you that the mindset of many Israeli's  in the ME and around the world will have to change.  

Get rid of the extremists on both sides of this conflict will be the first step in the peace process....

The Gaza Strip (/ˈɡɑːzə/;[4] Arabic: قِطَاعُ غَزَّةَ Qiṭāʿ Ġazzah [qɪˈtˤɑːʕ ˈɣaz.za]), or simply Gaza, is a Palestinian exclave on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea,[5] bordered by Egypt on the southwest and Israel on the east and north. Together, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank make up the State of Palestine, which has been under Israeli military occupation since 1967.[6]

Re:  'Get rid of the extremists on both sides of this conflict will be the first step in the peace process...'

I agree with the sentiment, but how the hell do we do that?

Please consider this a rhetorical question.   I'd prefer that because I'm kind of trying to stay out of all this apart from dropping in every once in a while to say words in the effect of 'Chill out everybody'.   (And I don't know how the hell we'll do that either.)

• Like 1

120 votes to 14.......

UN Security Council will hold emergency meeting as secretary-general repeats calls for a ceasefire

By Isabel Keane

The United Nations Security Council will hold an emergency meeting Monday about Israel's ground invasion of Gaza, as UN Secretary-General António Guterres repeated calls for a ceasefire Sunday.

The council will be briefed by the under-secretary-general for humanitarian affairs and emergency relief coordinator and an official from the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East, according to a test of the request from the United Arab Emirates seen by CNN.

The emergency meeting comes after 120 countries voted for a UN resolution Friday that called for a "sustained humanitarian truce" in Gaza. The US was one of 14 countries that voted against the ceasefire, while 45 countries abstained from voting.

Which countries voted against ceasefire?

Countries that voted against the resolution include the United States, Austria, Croatia, Czechia, Fiji, Guatemala, Hungary, Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, and Tonga

https://nypost.com/2023/10/28/news/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-photos-analysis-4/

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

IMO  Netanyahy and the Likud party / their supporters will say whatever to justify the ethnic cleansing and expanded settlements on Palestinian lands. Their existence as a political entity is on the line. They knew what would happen when they carried out these  Apartheid, Oppression, Occupation policies -  done in  Israel. They were quite prepared to use their own people as shields in their settler campaign.  Now innocent people will die on both sides.  Totally agree with you that the mindset of many Israeli's  in the ME and around the world will have to change.  

I find it interesting that people call for the end of hamas because they are extremists.  Yet, they admit that extremists are working on both sides in leadership roles.  But when the calls come for Israelis to remove their extremists in the same manner or fashion as they do Hamas there are crickets or suddenly it is unpalatable.

Netenyahu has been a huge issue for fanning these flames for a loooong time.  his government has helped him.  Yet they still get elected in.

If we're all about removing the extremists from power and the extremists on both sides are calling the shots.

Why are we not painting these issues or parties with the same brush?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I find it interesting that people call for the end of hamas because they are extremists.  Yet, they admit that extremists are working on both sides in leadership roles.  But when the calls come for Israelis to remove their extremists in the same manner or fashion as they do Hamas there are crickets or suddenly it is unpalatable.

Netenyahu has been a huge issue for fanning these flames for a loooong time.  his government has helped him.  Yet they still get elected in.

If we're all about removing the extremists from power and the extremists on both sides are calling the shots.

Plot thickens....

For years, the various governments led by Benjamin Netanyahu took an approach that divided power between the Gaza Strip and the West Bank — bringing Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to his knees while making moves that propped up the Hamas terror group.

The idea was to prevent Abbas — or anyone else in the Palestinian Authority’s West Bank government — from advancing toward the establishment of a Palestinian state.

Most of the time, Israeli policy was to treat the Palestinian Authority as a burden and Hamas as an asset. Far-right MK Bezalel Smotrich, now the finance minister in the hardline government and leader of the Religious Zionism party, said so himself in 2015.

According to various reports, Netanyahu made a similar point at a Likud faction meeting in early 2019, when he was quoted as saying that those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.

Thus, amid this bid to impair Abbas, Hamas was upgraded from a mere terror group to an organization with which Israel held indirect negotiations via Egypt, and one that was allowed to receive infusions of cash from abroad.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

Edited by moosehead

Kind of agree with this poster

For Netanyahu, the main threat was always Palestinian moderates – not the militant radicals.

By systematically neutralizing and sidelining the moderates, Netanyahu guaranteed that Israel would really have no-one to negotiate with. In short: no territorial concessions, no two-state solution.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Kind of agree with this poster

For Netanyahu, the main threat was always Palestinian moderates – not the militant radicals.

By systematically neutralizing and sidelining the moderates, Netanyahu guaranteed that Israel would really have no-one to negotiate with. In short: no territorial concessions, no two-state solution.

I wish I could remember where I saw it but there was a kind of documentary style thing about netenyahu and how it benefited him to have Hamas and Palestine as the bad guy based on his policies.

It allowed for the justification of continued expansion and settlements.  but also gave them access to the US war machine and MASSIVE amounts of subsidies and assistance in the form of cash, weapons and arms/intelligence.  Having the boogeyman beside them when they could end them at any time was a benefit to them of sorts.

When people talk about removing the bad guys.  I wonder why he and some of his party isn't as included as that of the terrorists running gaza

Edited by Warhippy

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/flight-from-israel-to-russias-dagestan-diverts-as-pro-palestinian-mob-storms-terminal/

Anti-semitism is rising. People just ignore every other conflict because it's easier to blame and hate jews? Aweful times; did people feel the same way in the 1940s?

https://www.cfr.org/global-conflict-tracker/conflict/war-yemen

Over 150,000 people dead in Yemen. Weird we don't hear of that much.

Edited by bolt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moosehead said:

Again with apartheid and oppression narrative… 2 million Palestinian Israelis say “hi”.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/flight-from-israel-to-russias-dagestan-diverts-as-pro-palestinian-mob-storms-terminal/

Anti-semitism is rising. People just ignore every other conflict because it's easier to blame and hate jews? Aweful times; did people feel the same way in the 1940s?

https://www.cfr.org/global-conflict-tracker/conflict/war-yemen

Over 150,000 people dead in Yemen. Weird we don't hear of that much.

There are literal pogroms happening right now in Makhachkala, Dagestan (Russia). The mob captured the airport where a flight from Israel was supposed to land, looking for the Jews to kill.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Re:  'Get rid of the extremists on both sides of this conflict will be the first step in the peace process...'

I agree with the sentiment, but how the hell do we do that?

Please consider this a rhetorical question.   I'd prefer that because I'm kind of trying to stay out of all this apart from dropping in every once in a while to say words in the effect of 'Chill out everybody'.   (And I don't know how the hell we'll do that either.)

The extremists can be voted out in Israel.  The only way to get them out of Gaza is through military force.  The Palestinian civilians deserve to be liberated from the vermin that is currently running Gaza.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

There are literal pogroms happening right now in Makhachkala, Dagestan (Russia). The mob captured the airport where a flight from Israel was supposed to land, looking for the Jews to kill.

Most people on the plane were parents with children who received medical treatment/care in Israel.  Crazy how hate fuels people enough that they can't even comprehend/understand of what their doing.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

No, one side has a democratic solution to remove their extremists and one doesn't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I wish I could remember where I saw it but there was a kind of documentary style thing about netenyahu and how it benefited him to have Hamas and Palestine as the bad guy based on his policies.

It allowed for the justification of continued expansion and settlements.  but also gave them access to the US war machine and MASSIVE amounts of subsidies and assistance in the form of cash, weapons and arms/intelligence.  Having the boogeyman beside them when they could end them at any time was a benefit to them of sorts.

When people talk about removing the bad guys.  I wonder why he and some of his party isn't as included as that of the terrorists running gaza

Not one person in this thread has ever given their support to Bibi.  In fact, quite the opposite.  Everyone, to a poster, agrees that he should be taken out.  Even Roman.  Bibi was elected democratically, so the people have to vote him out.  They actually have elections in Israel, unlike in Gaza or the West Bank, where there hasn't been an election in 15 years...

• Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

No, one side has a democratic solution to remove their extremists and one doesn't. 

See the comment above.  Bibi has ben a politician since the 90s and hasn't been "voted out" even after his criminal cases and extremism.

That's not exactly an answer because one side can be voted out the other is under the militant rule of a terrorist organization that they have no means of freeing themselves from due to a lack of actual legitimate elections.

So.....isn't it safer to say that one side CAN remove their extremists democratically but doesn't and the other can't?

• Vintage 4