Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

10 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Thank you, bud. Unfortunately, the only two people in this world who can call me “son” are no longer with us. I’m not going to engage with that hippy wannabe anymore.

Suits me just fine. 

Guess that means you don't like first nations individuals

(see how that works, if not think long and hard about why I just made that statement and how stupid it looks and reads in response to your comment.  If it clicks then maybe we can find some middle ground and approach the rest of whatever shelf life we have on this forum amicably)

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Guess that means you don't like first nations individuals

That:

image.jpeg.b30631735b2782e174176f45158cd5f4.jpeg

Is as subtle as a

download.jpg.e655599c792100cd30281c815b55d9ff.jpg

Although is is not subtle, it is still one just one, of many that have been flying around here.

I saw you trying to address these straw people earlier, and am thinking this attempt will fail, as well.

Sad to see. I'd hoped for better.

4 hours ago, moosehead said:

Kind of agree with this poster

For Netanyahu, the main threat was always Palestinian moderates – not the militant radicals.

By systematically neutralizing and sidelining the moderates, Netanyahu guaranteed that Israel would really have no-one to negotiate with. In short: no territorial concessions, no two-state solution.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

This is the truth that Roman does not want you to read about....

16 hours ago, Ilunga said:

People want to blame Elon Musk, but it predates his takeover by years.

• ThereItIs 3

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Taking on blame was part of the purchase agreement.   He owns it all now.

Anyway, we can at least blame him for perpetuating it, and IMHO accelerating it.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

A lot of scholars on the left?

yes, they have them now. You know there's bias all over, in fact you just said so above somewhere. 

Why is it always the end result with you people to do that?

did you just "you people me"? 🤣

A lot of important individuals on the right think Palestine shouldn't exist.  Those same people also speak out frequently against judaism and the evils of Soros.

And? 

So can you just maybe not?  It's actually really childish to constantly do that and this is a serious matter that doesn't need the political jabs of what is the equivalent of a d**k swinging contest at the troughs

gatekeeping is a bad look on you, Hip. 

Also considering the things you just said to Roman, oy dude, look in the mirror. 

We aren't sitting here though and debating a political spectrum.  We are sitting here trying to decide how best to solve these issues by removing both tumours from the subjects in question without killing them in the process.

Thats interesting because I haven't seen that yet. 

Sickening.......

A flight from Israel to Russia had to be diverted Sunday — and still faced riots at the next airport where it landed — when pro-Palestinian mobs stormed the facilities seeking to attack Jewish flyers, reports said.

The flight initially bound for Makhachkala International Airport in the heavily Muslim Russian Republic of Dagestan was diverted after scores of people waving Palestinian flags took over the facility upon learning of the flight from Tel Aviv, according to the Moscow Times.

The aircraft ended up landing at a nearby airport, which rioters were able to storm as well, with harrowing footage showing a group of people hopping fences onto the tarmac to try and reach the plane.

Videos posted to social media showed airport staff warning passengers to remain in the plane as the facility was overrun when the jet landed at 7:17 p.m. local time.

Footage also depicted rioters stopping cars and travelers at the airport and allegedly checking their passports to see if they were Jewish.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/29/news/pro-palestinian-mobs-force-flight-from-israel-to-russia-to-be-diverted-and-target-next-airport-where-it-

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How tiny Qatar hosts the leaders of Hamas without consequences | CBC News

Hamas leaders live in luxury in Doha, Qatar...

thats interesting, didn't know that. 

One of the news sources I go to is Al Jazeera. Precisely because it's biased, and I want to know the Arab view on some topics. I don't expect anything pro-Israel on there but its interesting that Qatar (who funds Al Jazeera) would host them. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Elon is a dink, but its funny to me that people freak out over him. He literally tells everyone what he's going to do and allow on twitter and then they act surprised when he does it. 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There were at least two posters that have stated that Israel does not even have a right to exist.  I tried to search for those posts but they may have been wiped by the moderators.  I even went back and forth with one of those posters to call them out on that statement...

This is completely untrue.  Posters should not make these kind of false accusations without proof.  

Not cool. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

I think @Sharpshooter can confirm there was a wipe of some kind I believe? sorry if I'm mistaken.

either way thankfully its been rare. 

Yes, i find even though we disagree on the way forward in this conflict... everyone here has actually been respectful to each other for the most part.

I know i will not make personal attacks against others here.  I also 100%  believe that Israel has every right to exist. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, moosehead said:

Yes, i find even though we disagree on the way forward in this conflict... everyone here has actually been respectful to each other for the most part.

I know i will not make personal attacks against others here.  I also 100%  believe that Israel has every right to exist. 

I think so too. You and I disagree quite a bit but I appreciate your not taking this personal-adjacent. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think so too. You and I disagree quite a bit but I appreciate your not taking this personal-adjacent. 

We actually both agree on the big thing.

Both sides need new moderate leadership offering compromise  to negotiate a much needed long term peace deal for this region. 

We both agree on this i think.... and this is the most key point. 

Edited by moosehead

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

We actually both agree on the big things. 

Both sides need new moderate leadership offering compromise  to negotiate a much needed long term peace deal for this region. 

We both agree on this i think.... and this is the most key point. 

100% 

47 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Sickening.......

A flight from Israel to Russia had to be diverted Sunday — and still faced riots at the next airport where it landed — when pro-Palestinian mobs stormed the facilities seeking to attack Jewish flyers, reports said.

The flight initially bound for Makhachkala International Airport in the heavily Muslim Russian Republic of Dagestan was diverted after scores of people waving Palestinian flags took over the facility upon learning of the flight from Tel Aviv, according to the Moscow Times.

The aircraft ended up landing at a nearby airport, which rioters were able to storm as well, with harrowing footage showing a group of people hopping fences onto the tarmac to try and reach the plane.

Videos posted to social media showed airport staff warning passengers to remain in the plane as the facility was overrun when the jet landed at 7:17 p.m. local time.

Footage also depicted rioters stopping cars and travelers at the airport and allegedly checking their passports to see if they were Jewish.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/29/news/pro-palestinian-mobs-force-flight-from-israel-to-russia-to-be-diverted-and-target-next-airport-where-it-

And you don’t seem to understand that this is direct result of the anti Israeli narrative converting into antisemitism. I think this is a perfect example.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

And you don’t seem to understand that this is direct result of the anti Israeli narrative converting into antisemitism. I think this is a perfect example.

Perhaps... but again maybe it is also partially due to Israel's long term oppression of Palestinians......

Edited by moosehead

14 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I try not to post in this thread but I have to point out that @Elias Pettersson posted proof of at least one on the last page.

Thank you and thank you @Elias Pettersson for finding what I was referring to. Now I’m waiting for either apology, complete silence or some sort of verbal gymnastics in response. My money is on one of the last two.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Perhaps... but again maybe it is also partially due to Israel's long term oppression of Palestinians......

Perhaps… but again maybe the so called “oppression” might be a mechanism of trying to protect yourself that on occasion is taken too far…

3 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Really? No one? I’m not going to do your work for you to go over 140 pages, but you will find several calls that Israel shouldn’t exist. Perhaps they were cleaned up by @Sharpshooter but they were definitely here. Also, using terminology like “apartheid” and “ethnic cleansing” and completely ignoring examples of the opposite is indeed anti-semitic.

Does the same not apply to you? You have been here constantly commenting or liking posts that speak of Hamas' atrocities against the Israelis but I have not seen you do the opposite. Does that make you Islamophobic or is this just garden variety hypocrisy? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riddikulus said:

Does the same not apply to you? You have been here constantly commenting or liking posts that speak of Hamas' atrocities against the Israelis but I have not seen you do the opposite. Does that make you Islamophobic or is this just garden variety hypocrisy? 

Even the UN refers to Israeli Apartheid policy.

Roman is very one sided in his analysis of the current conflict.  

He also mentioned that leading international figures – including former UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, South African Foreign Minister Naledi Pandor, and former Israeli Attorney General Michael Ben-Yair – have also all described Israel’s occupation, as apartheid.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/03/1114702

• Upvote 1