Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

False allegations?  You want to walk that back?  I just posted it on the last page. You can find it and read it yourself. 

Yes i see it now. Sorry.   

I have been following this thread closely. I have never once read a poster questionning Israel  right to exist.

Clearly i missed one poster.

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

False allegations?  You want to walk that back?  I just posted it on the last page. You can find it and read it yourself. 

There was one poster who made that assertion. The other dude has some crazy ideas such as if no country ever existed we would all be at peace and sing kumbaya.

Personally I think its inflammatory to make blanket assertions that one side or another is driven by hatred. Just because I disagree with people here, doesn't mean that I believe they are driven by hate. If you are going to call out someone for their hatred, quote the post or @ the person. If you don't then no one knows who you are talking about. If you cannot call out certain posters or certain posts then maybe you shouldn't be using that kind of language.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Hamas leaders estimated net worth:

Abu Marzuk $3 billion

Khaled Mashal $4 billion

Ismail Haniyeh $4 billion

Hamas’ annual turnover: $1 billion

While Gazans are deprived of basic needs, Hamas uses aid & funds to line their own pockets.

The U.S. has provided Israel with $158 billion (not adjusted for inflation) in bilateral assistance and missile defence funding till date. Although the U.S. provided economic assistance to Israel from 1971 to 2007, almost all current U.S. bilateral aid to Israel is in the form of military assistance.

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

Taking on blame was part of the purchase agreement.   He owns it all now.

Anyway, we can at least blame him for perpetuating it, and IMHO accelerating it.

He made it easier to call out lies with the community notes threshold being taken out of Twitter gatekeeper hands.

Although, he also laid off a huge amount of people, some of which ostensibly could have been used to fact check trending tweets.

I'd say it's more or less a wash. 

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

The U.S. has provided Israel with $158 billion (not adjusted for inflation) in bilateral assistance and missile defence funding till date. Although the U.S. provided economic assistance to Israel from 1971 to 2007, almost all current U.S. bilateral aid to Israel is in the form of military assistance.

I wonder why they need to do that? Could it be to pay for the ridiculously expensive missile defence systems needed to protect themselves? 

• ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

I wonder why they need to do that? Could it be to pay for the ridiculously expensive missile defence systems needed to protect themselves? 

Bombs to DROP  on  innocent civilians .. apartment building - killing women and children are not called missile defense systems......

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

Does the same not apply to you? You have been here constantly commenting or liking posts that speak of Hamas' atrocities against the Israelis but I have not seen you do the opposite. Does that make you Islamophobic or is this just garden variety hypocrisy? 

So, in your mind speaking of Hamas atrocities is blaming all of Islam? Please provide one quote of mine that indicates so. Otherwise you are just putting your own riddikulus words into my mouth.

9 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

I can NOT support either sides targeted murdering of woman and chilren.

Sorry but i can not support it under any conditions....

Children’s Fund UNICEF reported earlier in the week that nearly 2,400 children were among the dead in Gaza, with women and children accounting for 66 per cent of the casualties.

“All schools have been targeted one way or another”, said Ms. Albanese.

“Schools have been hit by the bombings, hospitals have been hit by the bombings" and there has been a tightening of the blockade. "Israeli leaders, one way or another, are blaming and holding all Palestinians in Gaza responsible and are punishing all Palestinians in Gaza for what Hamas and other military groups have done”, she added.

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/israel-palestine-crisis-has-reached-unprecedented-level-dehumanisation-independent-rights-expert

Edited by moosehead

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's partisans on the left that do the most freaking out.  They believe Musk is an "evil righty". 

I can't stand radicals on either side.  If you aren't in lockstep with every one of their beliefs, you must be one of the "others".

Historically, societies do not end well when they become radicalized.  That kind of radical thinking helped form both Nazi Germany (left) and National Fascist Italy (right).

Said it in another thread, we are in the golden age of bullshit.

• Haha 1

Another post reminding everyone to tread carefully when seeing and or seeking info about this conflict online...

Bellingcat is an award winning organization from the Netherlands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellingcat

Awards

In 2015, Eliot Higgins and Bellingcat received the special prize of the Hanns-Joachim-Friedrichs-Award.[117]

In 2017, Bellingcat-member Christiaan Triebert [nl] won the European Press Prize Innovation Award for a detailed reconstruction of the 2016 Turkish coup d'état attempt in a Bellingcat article titled The Turkish Coup through the Eyes of its Plotters.[118]

In 2018, Bellingcat was awarded the Golden Nica of Ars Electronica Prize for Digital Communities.[119]

In 2019, Christo Grozev and his team received the Investigative Reporting Award from the European Press Prize for identifying the two men who allegedly poisoned Sergei and Yulia Skripal.[120]

In 2019, Bellingcat and Newsy received Scripps Howard Award for Innovation in investigative journalism that sheds light on international conflict.[121]

In 2019, Bellingcat received London Press Club Prize for Digital Journalist of the Year.[122]

In 2019, Bellingcat podcast on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was awarded Political Studies Association Award for Political Podcast of the Year.[123]

In 2019, Bellingcat received the Machiavelli Prize [nl] from the Machiavelli Foundation in the Netherlands.[124][125]

In 2020, Bellingcat and Newsy were nominated for News & Documentary Emmy Award in the category Outstanding New Approaches: Current News.[126]

In 2020, Bellingcat won Audio and Radio Industry Awards Bronze for Best Factual Series and Silver for Best Independent Podcast for Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 podcast.[127]

In 2022, Bellingcat and its executive director Christo Grozev received the ICFJ Innovation in International Reporting Award.[128]

In 2022, Bellingcat was named the International News Media Organisation of the Year.[129]

Separating Fact from Fiction on Social Media in Times of Conflict

https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/how-tos/2023/10/26/separating-fact-from-fiction-on-social-media-in-times-of-conflict/?utm_source=twitter

https://www.spectator.co.uk/podcast/identity-crisis/

6 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Two reasons. 

Military Industrial profits courtesy of taxpayers and a proxy army/air force that will jump when we say jump and lay down when we say.

It's a symbiotic relationship because for as small as they are, Israel is a very powerful military nation in their region.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Said it in another thread, we are in the golden age of bullshit.

Well put! 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

Sickening.......

A flight from Israel to Russia had to be diverted Sunday — and still faced riots at the next airport where it landed — when pro-Palestinian mobs stormed the facilities seeking to attack Jewish flyers, reports said.

The flight initially bound for Makhachkala International Airport in the heavily Muslim Russian Republic of Dagestan was diverted after scores of people waving Palestinian flags took over the facility upon learning of the flight from Tel Aviv, according to the Moscow Times.

The aircraft ended up landing at a nearby airport, which rioters were able to storm as well, with harrowing footage showing a group of people hopping fences onto the tarmac to try and reach the plane.

Videos posted to social media showed airport staff warning passengers to remain in the plane as the facility was overrun when the jet landed at 7:17 p.m. local time.

Footage also depicted rioters stopping cars and travelers at the airport and allegedly checking their passports to see if they were Jewish.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/29/news/pro-palestinian-mobs-force-flight-from-israel-to-russia-to-be-diverted-and-target-next-airport-where-it-

The videos are on Twitter.  They're going after anyone they suspect of being Jewish.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

Taking on blame was part of the purchase agreement.   He owns it all now.

Anyway, we can at least blame him for perpetuating it, and IMHO accelerating it.

Nah, he's cleaned it up. 

I've been on twitter for about a year before he took over. I'm one of the top guys there, i have 126 followers now.

16 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Bombs to DROP  on  innocent civilians .. apartment building - killing women and children are not called missile defense systems......

Iron Dome

Unit cost $50 million per battery $100,000–150,000 per interception

5000 X $125,000 (I split the difference)= $625,000,000 just on October 7th alone.

JDAM

Unit cost US $21,000–$36,000

And it clearly stated  in bilateral assistance and missile defence funding till date.

Edited by Playoff Beered

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I think @Sharpshooter can confirm there was a wipe of some kind I believe? sorry if I'm mistaken.

either way thankfully its been rare. 

Someone hacked me and did some drunken posting one time. Luckily it got cleaned up before too many saw it. 

I did get a warning point though, it will never expire unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

So, in your mind speaking of Hamas atrocities is blaming all of Islam? Please provide one quote of mine that indicates so. Otherwise you are just putting your own riddikulus words into my mouth.

I am not sure how you so spectacularly failed to understand my point when all I did was invert your logic. I am saying you haven't called out any of Israel's wrong actions, anyone reading this thread would see that you only call out Hamas' atrocities. You stated that anyone who referred to Israel's actions as "ethnic cleansing" or "apartheid" needed to do the same with Hamas' actions or they were an anti-Semite, wouldn't that make you an Islamophobic by the same logic?

The United Nations General Assembly has passed a resolution calling for an immediate humanitarian truce between Israel and Hamas and demanding aid access to Gaza.

A total of 120 countries voted in favour of the resolution, 14 countries voted against including Israel and the United States, while 45 others abstained. Among the abstentions was Canada, which had introduced an amendment that would have more explicitly condemned Hamas for its October 7 “terrorist” attack on Israel and demanded the immediate release of hostages seized by the group.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/27/unga-calls-for-humanitarian-truce-in-israel-hamas-war-how-countries-voted

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

The United Nations General Assembly has passed a resolution calling for an immediate humanitarian truce between Israel and Hamas and demanding aid access to Gaza.

A total of 120 countries voted in favour of the resolution, 14 countries voted against including Israel and the United States, while 45 others abstained. Among the abstentions was Canada, which had introduced an amendment that would have more explicitly condemned Hamas for its October 7 “terrorist” attack on Israel and demanded the immediate release of hostages seized by the group.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/27/unga-calls-for-humanitarian-truce-in-israel-hamas-war-how-countries-voted

Why is terrorist in "quotes"? 

I'm proud of Canada for making this stand, it needs to be made imo. 

Still wondering why Hamas doesn't surrender for the good of their people. 

• Upvote 1