Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Why is terrorist in "quotes"? 

I'm proud of Canada for making this stand, it needs to be made imo. 

Still wondering why Hamas doesn't surrender for the good of their people. 

Why does Netanyahu surrender , for the benefit of  Israeli's / his people ?

• Cheers 1

Just now, moosehead said:

Why does Netanyahu surrender , for the benefit of  Israeli's / his people ?

surrender Israel to Hamas? a terrorist group? because they would wipe out his entire country? 

Hamas knows it can't win this. Everyone on the planet knows. So its really up to Hamas how long this goes on for. 

4 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

To everyone claiming that Isreal are not following the rules of war, according to the UN Isreal could have bombed that hospital already...

Maybe because Israel doesn't want to drop bombs on 10,000 women and children.... 

That could be perceived as a bit over the top .. don't you think ?

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

surrender Israel to Hamas? a terrorist group? because they would wipe out his entire country? 

Hamas knows it can't win this. Everyone on the planet knows. So its really up to Hamas how long this goes on for. 

Netanyahu knows Israel can not win this.... In the long run, you can not  keep 2 million people locked in a cage.... denying them access to food, water, electricity and medicine....

Edited by moosehead

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Why is terrorist in "quotes"? 

I'm proud of Canada for making this stand, it needs to be made imo. 

Still wondering why Hamas doesn't surrender for the good of their people.

Unfortunately their people are just pawns.  In order to "win", sacrificing pawns is part of their strategy apparently.

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2023 at 5:54 PM, Ilunga said:

The innocents are the real losers in every war/ conflict.

I accidently came across this song last week from Badfinger and the words keep entering my head throughout the week

There's no good revolution
Just power changing hands
There is no straight solution
Except to understand

So listen to my song of life
You don't need a gun or a knife
Successful conversation
Will take you very far

There is no real perfection
There'll be no perfect man
Just peace is our connection
Forgiving all you can

There's no good kind of killing
Just power taking life
It's all good blood that's spilling
To make a bigger knife
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Maybe because Israel doesn't want to drop bombs on 10,000 women and children.... 

That could be perceived as a bit over the top .. don't you think ?

Netanyahu knows Israel can not win this.... In the long run, you can not  keep 2 million people locked in a cage.... denying them access to food, water, electricity and medicine....

but he can win it for the immediate term. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Unfortunately their people are just pawns.  In order to "win", sacrificing pawns is part of their strategy apparently.

Same strategy as Israel actually.  Israeli gov supports Hamas as terror attacks on Israeli's keep the Israel right wing politicians in power....

Dirty game. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

To everyone claiming that Isreal are not following the rules of war, according to the UN Isreal could have bombed that hospital already...

I'm very surprised it's still standing.  I thought that was going to be among the initial targets.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

bingo. Higher Palestinian casualties just helps their sick view. 

Higher Palestinian casualties helps Hamas

Higher Israeli casualites helps Netanyahu and Likud party - helps their sick view.

Dirty game they both play.... partners....

Edited by moosehead

21 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's partisans on the left that do the most freaking out.  They believe Musk is an "evil righty". 

I can't stand radicals on either side.  If you aren't in lockstep with every one of their beliefs, you must be one of the "others".

Historically, societies do not end well when they become radicalized.  That kind of radical thinking helped form both Nazi Germany (left) and National Fascist Italy (right).

I'm one step to the left but no further.   I am far from radical and have a dislike for the extremes of both right and left.

I dislike Elon because I think he's dangerous.  

I'm very tempted, but I'm not even going to mention the implied association with Nazis and/or Fascists (though that's what prompted this response).

Anyway, agree/disagree, love him or hate him,  let's get back on topic.    

28 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

I am not sure how you so spectacularly failed to understand my point when all I did was invert your logic. I am saying you haven't called out any of Israel's wrong actions, anyone reading this thread would see that you only call out Hamas' atrocities. You stated that anyone who referred to Israel's actions as "ethnic cleansing" or "apartheid" needed to do the same with Hamas' actions or they were an anti-Semite, wouldn't that make you an Islamophobic by the same logic?

Perhaps you should re-read all my messages.

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Same strategy as Israel actually.  Israeli gov supports Hamas as terror attacks on Israeli's keep the Israel right wing politicians in power....

Dirty game. 

I wish I could intelligently engage in a discussion about the current relationship, or lack thereof, between Israel's politicians and Hamas, but I stopped closely following this region and it's politics quite a number of years ago because it's the same thing over and over. 

Unless things change as a result of the current events, the same cycle will continue until after I die and I will go back to ignoring that part of the ME until I do.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Higher Palestinian casualties helps Hamas

Higher Israeli casualites helps Netanyahu and Likud party - helps their sick view.

Dirty game they both play.... partners....

I disagree. There was never higher death toll of Israeli civilians than October 7th. Vast majority of Israelis now are not happy with Bibi and it’s highly unlikely his political career survives after this war is done. If it was indeed his plan (which i can’t fathom to believe), that would be a political suicide at the level of Putin’s “special military operation” in Ukraine.

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I disagree. There was never higher death toll of Israeli civilians than October 7th. Vast majority of Israelis now are not happy with Bibi and it’s highly unlikely his political career survives after this war is done. If it was indeed his plan (which i can’t fathom to believe), that would be a political suicide at the level of Putin’s “special military operation” in Ukraine.

Bibi supports Hamas as it reduces support for moderate Palestinian leaders.......   keeps the status quo.. which favours Israel.