Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

I've been popping in this thread once and a while.   

Seen this question so I'll pose it here.

If Hamas was in Israel proper, how would Israel deal with that?  Would they bomb and attack like they currently are in Gaza, or would they do more measured and targeted attacks?  

I'm pretty sure the answer is they would do more measured and targeted attacks.  There would be a significant increase in the use of special operations and a lot less bombing.

I guess human shields and collateral damage are not reasons for a more measured response. 

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, moosehead said:

In 2022, 865 Palestinians were admitted to Canada as permanent residents

985 in 2021. 

https://canadaimmigrants.com/palestinian-immigrants-to-canada/

The US averages about 100 Palestinians a year.  However, the Democrats want to up that number (vote fishing) and the Republicans want to cut them off entirely.

• Like 1

apparently Yemeni Houthi Rebels have officially declared war on Israel. This seems more symbolic than anything as they would have to fight through the Yemeni regular Forces, and the UAE first.  This rebel faction is considered to be under the influence of Iran, who for some reason takes over as the Chair of the UN Human Rights Council, what a world.

The careful plan to envelope northern Gaza continues, about 1km left until IDF troops and armour reach the shoreline form the Anzac Monument, in the south along Highway 10. Some square km's have been take relatively quickly in the day. Yesterday there was roughly 100 square km's in the 'soon to be encircled' area, now there is 90 square km's to go. 

image.thumb.jpeg.12488e88013b30e90174405c5b8c6a6f.jpeg

9 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The US averages about 100 Palestinians a year.  However, the Democrats want to up that number (vote fishing) and the Republicans want to cut them off entirely.

Looks like both USA and Canada could do much better......
Looks like all countries could much better .....

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Add in disinformation and what are people actually fighting about?

I suppose the lack of truth in wars is older than even this conflict.

And that's why they are fighting, they are being lied to for the motivations of thier leaders and/or Religion?

None of it is worth it obviously. How could any god want these two sides to act in such a manner? 

Just now, moosehead said:

I see tremendous support for the innocent civilians on both sides of this conflict. 

I do too.

But I dont see many solutions. 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

And that's why they are fighting, they are being lied to for the motivations of thier leaders and/or Religion?

None of it is worth it obviously. How could any god want these two sides to act in such a manner? 

I do too.

If Mankind can create War.... then mankind can create Peace....

It will take Moderates leading the way on both sides. 

There is always a way.   Both sides just need to make compromises. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Lots of that to go around.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I do too.

Hamas is still firing rockets today. I mean what is that other than continuing to provoke more death? 

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hamas is still firing rockets today. I mean what is that other than continuing to provoke more death? 

This ground invasion is exactly what Hamas wants.  It will make Hamas more powerful than ever.  Bring in all kinds of wealth to Hamas leaders from other countries. Raise their popular support and motivate many thoussands of new Hamas soldiers to join. 

It will also raise Bibi support as well and possibly allow him and Likud to retain power themselves. 

Edited by moosehead

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Seems Bibi and Hamas want the same thing?

Neither of them listening to the rest of the world, while their citizens suffer. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Seems Bibi and Hamas want the same thing?

Neither of them listening to the rest of the world, while their citizens suffer. 

I don't see how. Hamas began this latest conflict by murdering 1200 people. 

There wouldn't be a ground response today without that.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't see how. Hamas began this latest conflict by murdering 1200 people. 

There wouldn't be a ground response today without that.

There would not have been a terror attack if 2 million people were not locked in a cage with limited food, water, power and medicine. 

Give people no hope in life and you will see the spread of extreme politics of terror.  

Edited by moosehead

31 minutes ago, moosehead said:

If Mankind can create War.... then mankind can create Peace....

It will take Moderates leading the way on both sides. 

There is always a way.   Both sides just need to make compromises. 

Hsmas gives up and Palsyine can be rebuilt. What happens to Israel if they give up? 

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

There would not have been a terror attack if 2 million people were not locked in a cage with limited food, water, power and medicine. 

Give people no hope in life and you will see extreme politics of terror.  

How far back in history do we go to decide who through the first rock? Hamas definitely started this current round of violence on October 7. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How far back in history do we go to decide who through the first rock? Hamas definitely started this current round of violence on October 7. 

I would rather have a rock thrown at me than have my property taken from me and forced to live in a cage for the rest of my life....

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

I would rather have a rock thrown at me than have my property taken from me and forced to live in a cage for the rest of my life....

It was a metaphor. 
The violence in that region has been going on for a long time. However, IMHAO it’s not arguable that the Hamas attack on October 7 is what sparked the current Israeli response. 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It was a metaphor. 
The violence in that region has been going on for a long time. However, IMHAO it’s not arguable that the Hamas attack on October 7 is what sparked the current Israeli response. 

This conflict is now tit for tat murders....    Very sad.   

CU0rj8pW4AMM6xB.jpg

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1