Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

This conflict is now tit for tat murders....    Very sad.   

CU0rj8pW4AMM6xB.jpg

Yup. It’s bad, that’s for sure. Doesn’t seem like a cease fire will happen either. Hillary said this yesterday:

“People who are calling for a ceasefire now do not understand Hamas. That is not possible,” Clinton said.

“It would be such a gift to Hamas because they would spend the ceasefire time rebuilding their armaments, creating stronger positions to be able to fend off an eventual assault by the Israelis.”

https://english.alarabiya.net/amp/News/middle-east/2023/10/30/Hillary-Clinton-says-Gaza-ceasefire-not-possible-would-be-gift-to-Hamas

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. It’s bad, that’s for sure. Doesn’t seem like a cease fire will happen either. Hillary said this yesterday:

“People who are calling for a ceasefire now do not understand Hamas. That is not possible,” Clinton said.

“It would be such a gift to Hamas because they would spend the ceasefire time rebuilding their armaments, creating stronger positions to be able to fend off an eventual assault by the Israelis.”

https://english.alarabiya.net/amp/News/middle-east/2023/10/30/Hillary-Clinton-says-Gaza-ceasefire-not-possible-would-be-gift-to-Hamas

Do you think if Russia offered a cease fire to Ukraine... then Ukraine would not re arm ?

Of course that status quo is better for / favours Israel and Likud..... 

Edited by moosehead

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Do you think if Russia offered a cease fire to Ukraine... then Ukraine would not re arm ?

Of course that status quo is better for / favours Israel and Likud..... 

Not my call. Just pointing out the powers that be aren’t supporting a ceasefire. 
Is there a Russia connection you’re suggesting? I have read (I think here) that Russia is helping Iran and Iran helps Hamas. 

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not my call. Just pointing out the powers that be aren’t supporting a ceasefire. 
Is there a Russia connection you’re suggesting? I have read (I think here) that Russia is helping Iran and Iran helps Hamas. 

Yes, neither side wants a ceasefire...  conflict benefits them both.    Eventually the Israeli population will tire of seeing thousands of dead women and children though....    I don't think the nut jobs in Hamas will ever blink.  Israel also has their own religious extreme nutters.....  who have political clout in a 7 party coalition government. 

Russia is probably just happy to see American military aid diverted from Ukraine now to Israel......    Russia also has a large poor muslim population . many of whom are volunteering / economically coerced to die for the mother country in Ukraine...  Russian needs to placate their muslim community or risk another uprising / separatist movement. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't see how. Hamas began this latest conflict by murdering 1200 people. 

There wouldn't be a ground response today without that.

You dont see how about what? That there are a lot of people in the world asking for ceasefire, from the UN to even Jewish groups in the US?

Or, you probably mean how does Hamas and Bibi want the same thing?

Well, I have read that Netanyahu wanted to prop up Hamas to prevent establishing a Palistinian state.

He also repealed the 2005 settlement act, just March of this year I believe.

There is no justification for the type of attack Hamas did on Oct7.

Is there justification for the steps Netanyahu has taken to continue to cripple the Palestinian people? he knows better than most how volatile the relationship is. Why did he repeal the settlement act? how much land will they continue to take illegally? what did he think the reactions would be?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

36 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Why did he repeal the settlement act? how much land will they continue to take illegally? what did he think the reactions would be?

What would Netanyahu's plan change?

Netanyahu's government thinks the Supreme Court is too liberal and blocks policies promoted by ultranationalist and ultra-Orthodox politicians.

Under pressure from protests, Netanyahu's coalition already tabled the most controversial part of the plan, which would give the ruling government the power to override the Supreme Court.

The push for more control widely is seen as a preemptive step toward enacting a controversial legislative agenda. The government wants to pass laws prioritizing religion and nationalism, but the way things stand now, the courts likely would say such laws infringe on basic rights.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/27/1166200532/israel-civil-war-netanyahu-court-control

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

There would not have been a terror attack if 2 million people were not locked in a cage with limited food, water, power and medicine. 

But see this is where our conversation keeps going off the rails, imo. Gaza isn't a cage. 

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

Give people no hope in life and you will see the spread of extreme politics of terror.  

So how does that explain Saudi's backing global terrorism? 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, moosehead said:

Looks like both USA and Canada could do much better......
Looks like all countries could much better .....

Depends on what you consider better. 

I'm fairly anti-immigration at this point unless they are highly educated.  We already have too many from South America and Mexico trying, and often succeeding, to get in.  I don't want to willingly start bringing in more people from the Middle East as well. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You dont see how about what? That there are a lot of people in the world asking for ceasefire, from the UN to even Jewish groups in the US?

Or, you probably mean how does Hamas and Bibi want the same thing?

^ this that Bibi and Hamas have some shared goal 

44 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, I have read that Netanyahu wanted to prop up Hamas to prevent establishing a Palistinian state.

He also repealed the 2005 settlement act, just March of this year I believe.

There is no justification for the type of attack Hamas did on Oct7.

Is there justification for the steps Netanyahu has taken to continue to cripple the Palestinian people? he knows better than most how volatile the relationship is. Why did he repeal the settlement act? how much land will they continue to take illegally? what did he think the reactions would be?

I think that Hamas, Iran, Hezbollah and others want to rid the world of Jews, period. 

We can get into historical arguments but to me at the end of the day its important to remember this key fact. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But see this is where our conversation keeps going off the rails, imo. Gaza isn't a cage. 

So how does that explain Saudi's backing global terrorism? 

OK - go to move to Gaza with your family.... then get back to me on how much you enjoyed it....

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm fairly anti-immigration at this point unless they are highly educated.  We already have too many from South America and Mexico trying, and often succeeding, to get in.  I don't want to willingly start bringing in more people from the Middle East as well. 

Every time I visit the USA ... all i see is the immigrants doing all the work... LOL. 

Looks to me like the USA would not function without immigrants...

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

she's right. People seem to keep forgetting what Hamas is, what they actually stand for, ridding the world of as many Jewish people as they can. And they are quite happy to shed thousands of their (so-called) own people to attempt it. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

^ this that Bibi and Hamas have some shared goal 

I think that Hamas, Iran, Hezbollah and others want to rid the world of Jews, period. 

We can get into historical arguments but to me at the end of the day its important to remember this key fact. 

You have heard of the Crusades right ?

You logic  works both ways.

Just now, Bob Long said:

are you from there?

You did not answer my question.  Would you consider you and your family living in Gaza ?  

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

You logic  works both ways.  Racism works both ways. 

Just now, moosehead said:

You logic  works both ways.

OK come on. We're going to bring the crusades into this now? 

Why does this conflict always have to have this history debate attached to it? every other war has history too. Why isn't history front and centre in the Russian invasion? oh right, it is by Putin. 

This history debate stuff just serves Hamas, imo. 

You did not answer my question.  Would you consider you and your family living in Gaza ?  

no, I'm not stupid. 

• ThereItIs 1

Every time I visit the USA ... all i see is the immigrants doing all the work... LOL. 

Looks to me like the USA would not function without immigrants...

You must visit the west coast then.  No matter what the Republicans say, they really do the sh*t work there that nobody else wants to do.

However, we already have plenty of them to last until they retire.

Just now, Bob Long said:

OK come on. We're going to bring the crusades into this now? 

Why does this conflict always have to have this history debate attached to it? every other war has history too. Why isn't history front and centre in the Russian invasion? oh right, it is by Putin. 

This history debate stuff just serves Hamas, imo. 

You are actually the person bringing up Iran and Hezbollah  , I am beginning to think you have a bit of an agenda on this conflict....... hmm.....

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

You must visit the west coast then.  No matter what the Republicans say, they really do the sh*t work there that nobody else wants to do.

However, we already have plenty of them to last until they retire.

Yah, i  usually visit  WA state, Oregon or Calfornia.    Crops would not get harvested with out immigrants. Tourism / retail  also depends on them.

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 1

You are actually the person bringing up Iran and Hezbollah  ,

because they are directly involved in the current conflict. 

I am beginning to think you have a bit of an agenda on this conflict....... hmm.....

and what would that be?

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The issue in Canada is that 1 million immigrants a year and there is no prep for housing or language training. I honestly don't know how these folks will make out. 

• Vintage 1