Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

Just now, moosehead said:

We do.   We send bombs for them to drop on Palestinian homes.   Every bit helps. 

Well, thats kind of what allies do for each other isn't it? yes its ugly but Hamas left Israel no choice, for some reason you can't seem to accept that and we have to do the history dance. 

So Hamas firing rockets this morning should just go unanswered? 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

when did I not acknowledge that? they are Israel's allies, just like Canada. We should be supporting them. 

You are on the wrong side of history......

In Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories, all parties must stop targeting civilians and Hamas and other armed groups must immediately release their hostages, UN rights chief Volker Türk said on Tuesday.Oct 10, 2023

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Yah, i  usually visit  WA state, Oregon or Calfornia.    Crops would not get harvested with out immigrants. Tourism / retail  also depends on them.

Exactly.  West coast farms are addicted to the cheap labor, especially in California.  The immigrants from Mexico that come up seasonally to work on them and then take their money earned back to Mexico the rest of the year are the "good" illegals as far as I'm concerned.  They happily do the crap work, and are able to happily feed themselves and their families all year long.

• Thanks 1

You are on the wrong side of history......

I'll take my chances. 

In Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories, all parties must stop targeting civilians and Hamas and other armed groups must immediately release their hostages, UN rights chief Volker Türk said on Tuesday.Oct 10, 2023

why is it that Israel and not Hamas need to stop fighting? how does that make sense?

I don't see you and I reaching a consensus on this one. I get the impression that you think history justifies what Hamas is doing, because "cage" and that kind of thinking will just keep Palestinians in a bad place longer. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The issue in Canada is that 1 million immigrants a year and there is no prep for housing or language training. I honestly don't know how these folks will make out. 

Many will most likely struggle and/or fail.  Sadly, the ones who do fail are more likely to turn to crime to stay alive.  Canada is eventually going to have to set up a social safety net.  Better to be proactive rather than reactive.

Just now, Bob Long said:

I'll take my chances. 

why is it that Israel and not Hamas need to stop fighting? how does that make sense?

I don't see you and I reaching a consensus on this one. I get the impression that you think history justifies what Hamas is doing, because "cage" and that kind of thinking will just keep Palestinians in a bad place longer. 

Most of world completely disagrees with you. You are on the wrong side of history. You have an agenda..

GENEVA (14 October 2023) – A UN human rights expert warned today that Palestinians are in grave danger of mass ethnic cleansing and called on the international community to urgently mediate a ceasefire between warring Hamas and Israeli occupation forces.

“The situation in the occupied Palestinian territory and Israel has reached fever pitch,” said Francesca Albanese, UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian Territory occupied since 1967.

“The United Nations and its Member States must intensify efforts to mediate an immediate ceasefire between the parties, before we reach a point of no return,” said Albanese. “The international community has the responsibility to prevent and protect populations from atrocity crimes. Accountability for international crimes committed by Israeli occupation forces and Hamas must also be immediately pursued,” she said.

Since 7 October 2023, more than 1,900 Palestinians have been killed, including at least 600 children, more than 7,600 injured, and over 423,000 people have been displaced as a result of the Israeli strikes. This fate befell a population which has already experienced five major wars since 2008 in the context of an unlawful blockade imposed by Israel since 2007, which Albanese said has been widely condemned by the international community as collective punishment

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2023/10/un-expert-warns-new-instance-mass-ethnic-cleansing-palestinians-calls

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Many will most likely struggle and/or fail.  Sadly, the ones who do fail are more likely to turn to crime to stay alive.  Canada is eventually going to have to set up a social safety net.  Better to be proactive rather than reactive.

We do have gang issues here organized at times by ethnicity... Oddly enough, often it is middle class immigrant kids just too  lazy to work as hard as their parents have. 

Edited by moosehead

Most of world completely disagrees with you. You are on the wrong side of history. You have an agenda..

GENEVA (14 October 2023) – A UN human rights expert warned today that Palestinians are in grave danger of mass ethnic cleansing and called on the international community to urgently mediate a ceasefire between warring Hamas and Israeli occupation forces.

“The situation in the occupied Palestinian territory and Israel has reached fever pitch,” said Francesca Albanese, UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian Territory occupied since 1967.

“The United Nations and its Member States must intensify efforts to mediate an immediate ceasefire between the parties, before we reach a point of no return,” said Albanese. “The international community has the responsibility to prevent and protect populations from atrocity crimes. Accountability for international crimes committed by Israeli occupation forces and Hamas must also be immediately pursued,” she said.

Since 7 October 2023, more than 1,900 Palestinians have been killed, including at least 600 children, more than 7,600 injured, and over 423,000 people have been displaced as a result of the Israeli strikes. This fate befell a population which has already experienced five major wars since 2008 in the context of an unlawful blockade imposed by Israel since 2007, which Albanese said has been widely condemned by the international community as collective punishment

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2023/10/un-expert-warns-new-instance-mass-ethnic-cleansing-palestinians-calls

second time you accused me of having an "agenda" as if my lone internet opinion has any weight. 

What is this agenda you think I have btw?

We do have gang issues here organized at times by ethnicity... Oddly enough, often it is middle class immigrant kids just to lazy to work as hard as their parents have. 

That's sad and unfortunate.  My generation failed to properly raise Millennials which lead to Millennials doing an even worse job with Gen Z.

Just now, Bob Long said:

second time you accused me of having an "agenda" as if my lone internet opinion has any weight. 

What is this agenda you think I have btw?

Killing civilians is unacceptable. End of story.  For either side.  

Release the hostages.  Ceasefire.   Moderates need to negotiate peace in the region.

Killing innocents is NOT acceptable.   Collective punishment of 2 million people is NOT acceptable.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

That's sad and unfortunate.  My generation failed to properly raise Millennials which lead to Millennials doing an even worse job with Gen Z.

Yes, i have family that work in education.  They tell me parents on cell phones as they drop off kids...  Kids addicted to devices...    

Poor work habits with young kids.    Bad parenting.  It will cost us all in end. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, RomanPer said:

Why are we even using UN as any sort of reference point? This is useless and toothless organization that discredited itself many times over. The mere fact that Iran is going to be a chair of UN Human Rights Forum this Thursday should put to rest anyone taking this joke of an organization seriously.

the security council has become a bad joke. I like the effort the UN makes in things like promoting safety and health for women and girls around the world but as a peacekeeping group I'm not sure what it can do outside of some very small situations. 

And very good case in point, with Iran. I mean wow, how could a human rights group do that and want to be taken seriously?

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Why are we even using UN as any sort of reference point? This is useless and toothless organization that discredited itself many times over. The mere fact that Iran is going to be a chair of UN Human Rights Forum this Thursday should put to rest anyone taking this joke of an organization seriously.

Totally not surprising you do not support the United Nations.....      Totally expected. 

You probably dont support the UN declaration

Many consider the Declaration to be the U.N.'s most important achievement. It states that "all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights." The document goes on to list civil and political rights to which everyone is entitled.

Edited by moosehead

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I like Gen Z. They are all happy and huggy. I see a lot of unhappy millennials who don't seem to know how to help themselves. 

6 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Killing civilians is unacceptable. End of story.  For either side.  

Release the hostages.  Ceasefire.   Moderates need to negotiate peace in the region.

Killing innocents is NOT acceptable.   Collective punishment of 2 million people is NOT acceptable.

how is all this my agenda? 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I like Gen Z. They are all happy and huggy. I see a lot of unhappy millennials who don't seem to know how to help themselves. 

how is all this my agenda? 

I never said it was your agenda.   I don't know what your agenda is.

You seem like a smart guy, so its weird you would support collective punishment. 

When one. of your kids misbehaved... did you punish all your kids and your wife ?

Edited by moosehead

Just now, Bob Long said:

I'm glad they're huggy where you are, but they have an unrealistic view of life and the world.  Too many were unprepared for society and the reality of adulthood.

16 minutes ago, moosehead said:

all parties must stop targeting civilians and Hamas and other armed groups must immediately release their hostages, UN rights chief Volker Türk said on Tuesday.Oct 10, 2023

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Kind of seems like they're literally saying ALL PARTIES

But then maybe I am reading that wrong

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

the security council has become a bad joke. 

In this we agree completely.  Allowing Saudi Arabia on the human rights council.  or Iran.  Allowing Russia on the security council.  The ability to bomb nations and terrorize people between Russia America and China who then get to veto any motions brought against them is a joke.

The UN has been a worthless and toothless entitiy for decades

• Vintage 2

Just now, Warhippy said:

Kind of seems like they're literally saying ALL PARTIES

But then maybe I am reading that wrong

LOL - yah it is very strange to me when people see this conflict from only 1 side.....    

Clearly both sides are wrong in this conflict. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm glad they're huggy where you are, but they have an unrealistic view of life and the world.  Too many were unprepared for society and the reality of adulthood.

Don't worry. School system will drop the bar a bit lower yet... .so they all feel good about themselves....

Everybody gets a first place gold ribbon.  

Edited by moosehead
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

maybe its just my daughter and her buddies, all of them have at least one job and/or school and they've figured out decent housing situations for themselves. Quite proud of them actually. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

the security council has become a bad joke. I like the effort the UN makes in things like promoting safety and health for women and girls around the world but as a peacekeeping group I'm not sure what it can do outside of some very small situations. 

And very good case in point, with Iran. I mean wow, how could a human rights group do that and want to be taken seriously?

You mean the same UN that elected Saudi Arabia to the Commission on the Status of Women? Isn’t that a bit like selecting an arsonist to be the fire chief?

According to the UN, the CSW “is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women.”

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1