Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

I spent 15 years as a soldier.  I don’t live in a world of absolutes.

No professional and civilized military wages war by carpet bombing civilian targets to hopefully catch a bad guy amongst the casualties.

War crimes aren’t a grey area, there are literally laws about this. 

Instead of going in a fighting Hamas where they risk getting casualties on their side, they are just indiscriminately killing everyone so it is a parking lot when they roll in.

That is a choice and one that anyone who understands how works this even remotely should be condemning.

Sure, and if there are war crimes they should be prosecuted.

But that's a far different thing than the tweet you posted and all it implies.

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hamas is “a bunch of kids”?  So it was just a bunch of kids who committed the crimes on October 7? 

Wether Netanyahu wants to admit it or not, I am inclined to believe that he does consider Palestinian children as at least a potential threat.

Reason 1) the lack of regard given to the high amounts of children being destroyed in Gaza right now.

Reason 2) Netanyahu says he was wants to completely eradicate Hamas for good. He doesn't want Hamas to pop up again. This is his war against Hamas. With that in mind, u must understand that much of Hamas today is made up of children who lived through several destructive wars. Some of the Hamas fighters today were once children  who grew up with vengeance in their blood. Netanyahu knows some of the children that survive this war, will just continue the cycle. 

The fact is many children have been destroyed these past few weeks. There are many narratives. "Hamas killing them" "human shields" "collateral damage" "IDF targeting children" or even some who question the actual death counts and say not that many children have died. Where is the truth? The least we owe these children is to make some universal sense of it all.

Edited by Super19
  • Sad 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Interesting poem. But the poster to which I was responding suggested the Arab nations are secretly supporting Israel and they would be the ones going to the theme parks. 

No, those words are from a song by Propagandhi. 

I will post it for you in the what you are listening to thread. 

Covers a few of the topics we discuss here in off topic. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I spent 15 years as a soldier.  I don’t live in a world of absolutes.

No professional and civilized military waged war by carpet bombing civilian targets to hopefully catch a bad guy amongst the casualties.

War crimes aren’t a grey area, there are literally laws about this. 

Instead of going in an fighting Hamas 1

where they risk getting casualties on their side, they are just indiscriminately killing everyone so it is a parking lot when they roll in.

That is a choice and one that anyone who understands how works this even remotely should be condemning.

Would Hamas come out and fight in the streets though?  Seems like their tactics are not to fight in an actual battle. I know you mentioned they use guerrilla warfare, but that wasn’t what they did on October 7 when killing civilians and taking so many as prisoners. That behaviour was terrorism.  

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

The Responsibility to Protect doctrine is clear.

I was on the ground for the two main atrocities that were the genesis of it.

If any of you had the slightest clue what this actually looks like you would be ashamed of what you are posting.  This is just a fun intellectual exercise for you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsibility_to_protect#:~:text=The Responsibility to Protect (R2P,cleansing and crimes against humanity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I asked before. Here it is again. Would it be a fair solution for the Palestinians to divide the region into two parts and the Israelis get to choose the part they prefer? Or would the Hamas people not agree to any solution where Israel exists? 

Can you define what region it is you mean to divide?

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I find it equally abhorrent to abduct children to use as hostages in war. 

image.png.4a519e0a38e66af77c62981e5fd45485.png

Any sane person will agree with you. Then you have Nentanyahu, whose response is to destroy thousands of children's lives by ordering bombs to be dropped. 

If this was a Hollywood movie, Netanyahu would be the gritty man who had his family taken hostage by a rival gang, and his response would be to kill the rival gang in their home... along with the maid, wife, and children, and his own family that was in the basement. Madness.

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

The IDF has jumped the shark.  They are MONSTERS.  Period.  

What little good will they had evaporated quicker than the lives that were lost in Jabalya refugee camp.

This is indefensible.

IDF will burn in hell.... for what they have done....    Hamas will be there with them. 

Anyone that supports either of them needs to give their head a shake...... sickening. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Any sane person will agree with you. Then you have Nentanyahu, whose response is to destroy thousands of children's lives by ordering bombs to be dropped. 

If this was a Hollywood movie, Netanyahu would be the gritty man who had his family taken hostage by a rival gang, and his response would be to kill the rival gang in their home... along with the maid, wife, and children, and his own family that was in the basement. Madness.

But if there were Israelis in the neighbourhood, they would use tactics that don't involve blowing up the neighbourhood.

24 minutes ago, Provost said:

The Responsibility to Protect doctrine is clear.

I was on the ground for the two main atrocities that were the genesis of it.

If any of you had the slightest clue what this actually looks like you would be ashamed of what you are posting.  This is just a fun intellectual exercise for you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsibility_to_protect#:~:text=The Responsibility to Protect (R2P,cleansing and crimes against humanity.

Could you please stop with the insulting personal attacks?  We are asking questions and learning other perspectives. Your views are important, as are everyone’s. There’s no need to insult your audience. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

But if there were Israelis in the neighbourhood, they would use tactics that don't involve blowing up the neighbourhood.

Are you suggesting there was a way Israel could've used tactics that didn't involve leaving neighborhoods in Gaza in ruins and completely destroying and ending the lives of 1,000s of children, women and elderly?

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

On the night the missile struck - October 20 - Khalil was working at the hospital.

"A massive bomb exploded," he told one of my BBC colleagues who went with him to the scene of the attack.

"My neighbours were coming to the hospital. So I asked, 'Where was the bombing?' And they told me, 'It was around your house.' I had to run to the location to check on the family. I tried calling but no one was answering. And as you can see… the whole house was bombed."

Eleven members of his family were killed.

They included his four children, his two sisters, his 70-year-old father, his brother and his sister-in-law, and their two daughters. They were wrapped in white shrouds in a courtyard of the hospital.

His wife was badly wounded. She is being treated for burns and other injuries sustained when the house collapsed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67277205

Just now, Super19 said:

Are you suggesting there was a way Israel could've used tactics that didn't involve leaving neighborhoods in Gaza in ruins and completely destroying and ending the lives of 1,000s of children, women and elderly?

Umm, yes.

How about pushing HARD diplomatically for the arrest of the Hamas leadership?  We know that there are a number of them living the high life outside of Gaza.

How about more targeted, special ops.  

How about NOT BOMBING the Jabalya refugee camp

• Cheers 1

Sickening...

Some 60 Stars of David were painted on homes - walls in the 14th arrondissement of Paris on Monday night.

France is grappling with a big rise in antisemitic incidents.

More than 850 such acts have been reported in France since the Hamas attacks in Israel on 7 October, says Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67274777

Edited by moosehead
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Umm, yes.

How about pushing HARD diplomatically for the arrest of the Hamas leadership?  We know that there are a number of them living the high life outside of Gaza.

How about more targeted, special ops.  

How about NOT BOMBING the Jabalya refugee camp

Israel has been trying this for years! Hamas is just too barbaric. Nentanyahu does things by the book, with morality and good faith, and so much care for the Palestinians. What does Nentanyahu receive in return for being so cordial? Hamas, paragliding into Israel, with guns and masks, brutally attacking, killing, and taking the Israeli people. And to top it all off, hamas embarrassed Israeli top of the line, sophisticated Intel and defense systems. Damn these paragliding savages, they deserve every bit of destruction coming their way. And the blood in Gaza is Hamas' fault too, for being so foolish, stupid, brazen, wreckless, inhumane terroristic animals.

• Thanks 1