Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

6 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I 100% agree about education. And I believe this is exactly where the root cause of everything we see now. There are plenty of examples of what is being taught in schools in Gaza - kill the Jews, be a martyr. The same with Palestinian TV programming for kids. There are plenty of examples on YouTube, one just needs to search. And I challenge anyone to find something even remotely similar in children’s TV programming in Israel. You simply won’t find a single child TV program in Hebrew that says “kill the Arabs”.

I know Roman, I saw some videos in another thread, Palestinian children being indoctrinated. 

The people doing this are evil.

It's one of the worst forms of child abuse.

I know I bang on about this all the time, however we must look for what we share in common, not what makes us different.

You will always find what you are looking for.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

Someone asked me that before and my answer to that was “it depends”. If criticism is well balanced - 100% agree with you. Hell, I personally think Netanyahu is corrupt and should not be in power. However, if Israel is only criticized by certain people, with no rhyme or reason, ignoring any facts presented, then it’s clear that the anti Israel sentiment is just a facade for blatant antisemitism.

Most people would say that your criticism of Palestinians have been far from balanced, does that mean that your anti-Palestinian takes are just a facade for blatant Islamophobia? Unless you can read minds you don't know the intent behind people's sentiments. We can all spot hatred, it usually jumps off the page and the mods are pretty good at taking such posts down.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Quite frankly I don’t care for someone who calls an entire group of people as terrorists in way to dehumanize them. 

I don't remember everything in this thread. Is there a point he calls all Palestinians terrorists? I only recall him referring to Hamas that way, in which case he is correct. All members of Hamas are terrorists.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually the Hsmas people are bad. They are bad humans. 

Was his response about me calling all Palestinians terrorists? Whoever asked here about slurs in my direction - that’s an example. No matter how hard you look - I never said that for one simple reason - I don’t think that way. However, this particular individual keeps on saying this about me. I want to see either proof of his words, or an apology or a ban. @Sharpshooter tagging you for tracking.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

Most people would say that your criticism of Palestinians have been far from balanced, does that mean that your anti-Palestinian takes are just a facade for blatant Islamophobia? Unless you can read minds you don't know the intent behind people's sentiments. We can all spot hatred, it usually jumps off the page and the mods are pretty good at taking such posts down.

Please provide specific quotes from my post that are Islamophobic or says that all Palestinians are the same. I challenge you to do that. I never hid the fact that I am Israeli and will always have the well being of my country as my first priority, but I never, not once, said that all Palestinians are to blame.

Someone asked me that before and my answer to that was “it depends”. If criticism is well balanced - 100% agree with you. Hell, I personally think Netanyahu is corrupt and should not be in power. However, if Israel is only criticized by certain people, with no rhyme or reason, ignoring any facts presented, then it’s clear that the anti Israel sentiment is just a facade for blatant antisemitism.

Okay. This is fair enough. Because no one should hate on any country for no reason anyway. And no country should be exempt from critiscm. Just because someone criticizes Saudi, does not make them an Islamaphobe. Just because someone criticizes Israel, does not make them an Anti-Semite. No country should be above critiscm. Obviously. But with the world we live in, there are consequences for being an Islamophobe, or an anti-semite, so as long as the dialogue is sincere and about truth and justice, we should all be okay. 

This is important context, because there needs to be a valid question that Canada will eventually need to answer to. Is Israel committing war crimes, and by extension, are we supporting it?

• Like 1

Just now, RomanPer said:

Was his response about me calling all Palestinians terrorists? Whoever asked here about slurs in my direction - that’s an example. No matter how hard you look - I never said that for one simple reason - I don’t think that way. However, this particular individual keeps on saying this about me. I want to see either proof of his words, or an apology or a ban. @Sharpshooter tagging you for tracking.

Didn’t you @RomanPerpost there are something like 2 million Palestinian Israelis? Do I have that number right? 

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

Okay. This is fair enough. Because no one should hate on any country for no reason anyway. And no country should be exempt from critiscm. Just because someone criticizes Saudi, does not make them an Islamaphobe. Just because someone criticizes Israel, does not make them an Anti-Semite. No country should be above critiscm. Obviously. But with the world we live in, there are consequences for being an Islamophobe, or an anti-semite, so as long as the dialogue is sincere and about truth and justice, we should all be okay. 

This is important context, because there needs to be a valid question that Canada will eventually need to answer to. Is Israel committing war crimes, and by extension, are we supporting it?

There are different people in this thread and vast majority of them criticizes both sides. However, there’s small but loud group who criticize only Israel and occasionally, when they are pressed say “yeah, Hamas is also bad”. These people are on my ignore list. However, unfortunately, I still see their lunacy in quotes of the others.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t you @RomanPerpost there are something like 2 million Palestinian Israelis? Do I have that number right? 

Yes, this is correct. Citizens of Israel with full rights.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Please provide specific quotes from my post that are Islamophobic or says that all Palestinians are the same. I challenge you to do that. I never hid the fact that I am Israeli and will always have the well being of my country as my first priority, but I never, not once, said that all Palestinians are to blame.

You implied that anyone who isn't balanced in their criticism of Israel is antisemitic. Does the same not extend to criticism of Palestinians? I and (I am sure) others would say that you haven't been balanced in your commentary on this situation. Of course as an Israeli you will take the side of your people, I don't believe that makes you Islamophobic, it simply makes you human. It's your logic that doesn't make any sense at all. 

2 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

You implied that anyone who isn't balanced in their criticism of Israel is antisemitic. Does the same not extend to criticism of Palestinians? I and (I am sure) others would say that you haven't been balanced in your commentary on this situation. Of course as an Israeli you will take the side of your people, I don't believe that makes you Islamophobic, it simply makes you human. It's your logic that doesn't make any sense at all. 

This is your opinion. But please show me the quotes of my criticism of all Palestinians and only Palestinians.

Edited by RomanPer

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

This is your opinion. But please show me the quotes of my criticism of all Palestinians and only Palestinians.

Lets start with you first as I was responding to your post. I want to see quotes of a poster's criticism that is directed towards all Israelis and only Israelis.

Edited by Riddikulus

4 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

Lets start with you first as I was responding to your post. I want to see quotes of a poster's criticism that is directed towards all Israelis and only Israelis.

Look at all the not yet deleted posts by Odd., for example.

Look at all the posts by Provost, moosehead, etc. An occasional “yeah, Hamas is wrong” but vast majority of their posts are one-way of blaming everything on Israel and also very one-sided view of the very complex history between the two sides.

Edited by RomanPer
  • Vintage 2

Just now, RomanPer said:

I think the poster you mentioned has been quite critical of Israel, I haven't seen any posts where he blames the average Israeli person or all Israelis for this conflict. I don't think there are people so unhinged in this thread that we would blame someone like you for the decisions of the current Israeli government. That would be beyond illogical. Also again I don't believe that you hate Muslims or even the people of Palestine, I just think you are quick to jump to the conclusion that someone harbours hatred because they are on the opposite side of you in this discussion. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Is criticism of Israel always anti-Semitic?

No. Anti-Israel activity crosses the line to anti-Semitism when:

• All Jews are held responsible for the actions of Israel.
  • Israel is denied the right to exist as a Jewish state and equal member of the global community.
  • Traditional anti-Semitic symbols, images or theories are used.

https://www.adl.org/resources/tools-and-strategies/what-anti-israel-anti-semitic-anti-zionist

• Thanks 1

I think that it should also be said that context matters.   Some posters, when critical of the IDF and the Israeli government might just say Israelis and these posts are not including regular Israeli civilians in said criticism.  

To be clear, I'm guilty of this.  

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Look at all the posts by Provost, moosehead, etc. An occasional “yeah, Hamas is wrong” but vast majority of their posts are one-way of blaming everything on Israel and also very one-sided view of the very complex history between the two sides.

This is offensive.   ....   Myself  for me   100% of the time I. say Hamas terrorists are horriific and need to fully punished.

Murdering innocent women and children is not the way to punish Hamas terrorists. Collective punishment which you support is entirely immoral and unethical / unconscionable.  There is a special place in hell for those that harm children. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Could the same not be said about your posts in this thread? There is an occasional "I don't like Bibi or his government" or "Israel occasionally goes too far" but the overwhelming commentary from you has been one-sided. I don't see the reason to block you for it though, I would imagine I would struggle to stay completely objective and balanced if I were in your situation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

Could the same not be said about your posts in this thread? There is an occasional "I don't like Bibi or his government" or "Israel occasionally goes too far" but the overwhelming commentary from you has been one-sided. I don't see the reason to block you for it though, I would imagine I would struggle to stay completely objective and balanced if I were in your situation. 

Occasional? Look at the most popular post in this thread that I posted very early in it.

5 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

He calls Bibi corrupt.....

Leader of a country that is bombing civilians and he is only  worried about corrupt deals the leader has made....    WOW....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Occasional? Look at the most popular post in this thread that I posted very early in it.

Most posters here hold both sides accountable in this long lasting conflict.  Boths sides have done terrible acts to each other. 

People need  to have a hard look at the roots of this conflict and their  heart look for peace for both sides. 

The killing needs to stop. Enough blood has been spilled. 

Edited by moosehead

Omani Foreign Minister Badr bin Hamad Al-Busaidi on 31 October urged the international community to launch an “impartial investigation” into Israeli war crimes committed during the ongoing campaign of ethnic cleansing in the Gaza Strip.

https://new.thecradle.co/articles/oman-urges-impartial-probe-into-israeli-war-crimes-in-gaza#google_vignette

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

So, I’ve answered your question. Are you going to answer mine?

So, I’ve answered your question. Are you going to answer mine?

Good read for you..

As the Israeli military’s ground attacks against Gaza intensify and the civilian death toll spirals under the cover of the information blackout effected by air strikes knocking out Gaza’s internet and communication systems, the Biden administration is becoming increasingly isolated within the international community for its stubborn backing of Israel’s acts of collective punishment against the population of Gaza.

On October 27, the UN General Assembly overwhelmingly voted for a resolution sponsored by Jordan, a U.S. ally, calling for a ceasefire. The United States was one of only 14 countries in the 193-member body to vote against the resolution.

Biden is insisting that in order to provide arms to one country resisting a foreign invasion and occupation, Congress must approve sending arms to another country invading and occupying.

Efforts made by the Biden administration and its supporters to justify Israel’s massive war crimes are remarkably similar to the Ronald Reagan administration’s efforts to justify war crimes committed by El Salvador.

The Catholic Church, the Orthodox Church, the Anglican Church, and most major Protestant denominations have gone on record calling for a ceasefire

https://truthout.org/articles/bidens-backing-of-israeli-war-crimes-carries-on-a-sordid-us-tradition/

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Yes, this is correct. Citizens of Israel with full rights.

Do you have any idea of what is happening to them?  I've read that Palestinians in the West Bank have been killed over the past few weeks.  Are Israeli-Palestinians coming under any random attacks of violence at all?

Good grief, that has to be a weird position to be in.