Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

13 minutes ago, moosehead said:

The UN also said that Israel may be committing the war crime of collective punishment through its siege of the Gaza territory. The International Committee of the Red Cross agreed.

“The instructions issued by the Israeli authorities for the population of Gaza City to immediately leave their homes, coupled with the complete siege, explicitly denying them food, water and electricity are not compatible with international humanitarian law,” it said.

Amnesty International said it has “documented unlawful Israeli attacks, including indiscriminate attacks, which caused mass civilian casualties and must be investigated as war crimes”.

Human Rights Watch said that “multiple war crimes have been and continue to be committed in Israel and Palestine, with grave concerns that Israeli forces and Palestinian armed groups are carrying out unlawful indiscriminate attacks harming civilians”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/31/have-war-crimes-been-committed-in-israel-and-gaza-and-what-international-laws-apply

The UN also said the invasion of Iraq was illegal and that war crimes were committed.  What happened to the US and the UK?  Did George Bush and Tony Blair get arrested and go to jail?

Legality of the Iraq War - Wikipedia

Edited by Elias Pettersson

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The UN also said the invasion of Iraq was illegal and that war crimes were committed.  What happened to the US and the UK?  Did George Bush and Tony Blair get arrested and go to jail?

Legality of the Iraq War - Wikipedia

So do you or do you not support countries that commit war crimes ?  yes or no ?

9 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Again, calling for the UN to say something they'll never say is arguing in bad faith. Israel is not only part of the 193 UN Member States but their position is strongly represented in the P5 through the United States. Gutérres coming out tomorrow and calling Israel a terrorist state would get him fired in a matter of days. For reference, Palestine isn't even part of the 193 state membership as they've only been granted observer status. They can't even take part in United Nations General Assembly voting.

Israel is one of Canada's strongest allies. Don't you think it's natural for Canada to not call Israel terrorists?

You simply can't throw out facts and diplomatic ties when making these statements. These things matter.

Of course.  I agree with this.  That's why I am asking who has the authority to declare the Israeli government a terrorist organization?  And what authority does the UN have?  They have nothing.  They can't do anything.  Just like they did nothing to the US and the UK when they illegally invaded Iraq.  At the end of the day, this war is going to play out in a similar fashion to the Iraq war.  Hamas will eventually be destroyed and there will be thousands of casualties in the process.  Nothing ever changes, so why do people think this time it will be any different?

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So is the USA, have any of their Presidents been charged with war crimes?

No argument there, bud. Both have committed crimes against humanity and should be held responsible.

And is that a joke? Because powerful terrorist states aren't calling out their terrorist state allies that means they are absolved of any wrong doing.

Flawless logic right there.

Yes, Israel is a terrorist state.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moosehead said:

So do you or do you not support countries that commit war crimes ?  yes or no ?

I don't agree with war period.  I'm not a war hawk.  The US is the country with the most blood on its hands over the last 100+ years.  I don't agree with any killing whatsoever, contrary to what you might think.  However, having said that a country has a right to defend itself, just like I have a right to defend my family if someone tries to kill them.  I never said Israel should go into Gaza and carpet bomb the place.  I only mentioned that that is what will probably happen once Hamas committed their terrorist attack.  I knew once the bear was poked it was going to get ugly...

Also, unlike you I don't have an issue with anyone else's opinion around here.  Unlike you, I don't make allegations against other posters or personally attack them...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't agree with war period.  I'm not a war hawk.  The US is the country with the most blood on its hands over the last 100+ years.  I don't agree with any killing whatsoever, contrary to what you might think.  However, having said that a country has a right to defend itself, just like I have a right to defend my family if someone tries to kill them.  I never said Israel should go into Gaza and carpet bomb the place.  I only mentioned that that is what will probably happen once Hamas committed their terrorist attack.  I knew once the bear was poked it was going to get ugly...

Also, unlike you I don't have an issue with anyone else's opinion around here.  Unlike you, I don't make allegations against other posters or personally attack them...

OK - i  appreciate the first half of your post at least.

Yes, i do have an issue with posters that support the killing of women and children.    It is never acceptable to kill innocent civilians. 

If posters support these types of acts... then they will likely get criticized.    

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

No argument there, bud. Both have committed crimes against humanity and should be held responsible.

And is that a joke? Because powerful terrorist states aren't calling out their terrorist state allies that means they are absolved of any wrong doing.

Flawless logic right there.

Yes, Israel is a terrorist state.

Who said what Israel was doing was right?  Has anyone in this thread approved or supported the carpet bombing of Gaza?

Israel has every right to defend itself.  How they wish to do that is their choice.  If they commit war crimes, then I guess the UN has to get involved, which is where they normally don't do anything as is their history.  The problem in this war is that Hamas doesn't believe in peace and their only mandate is for the destruction of Israel.  And Israel is now going to take out Hamas permanently while also killing innocent Palestinians.  That is what is happening right now.  And nothing is going to change, regardless of what you post here in this thread...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

OK - i  appreciate the first half of your post at least.

Yes, i do have an issue with posters that support the killing of women and children.    It is never acceptable to kill innocent civilians. 

If posters support these types of acts... then they will likely get criticized.    

Nobody in this thread supports the killing of women and children, so get over yourself with that nonsense....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nobody in this thread supports the killing of women and children, so get over yourself with that nonsense....

You consistently support the ground invasion and bombings...    

I think i am done interacting with you .

Edited by moosehead
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Super19 said:

This is correct. I wonder what excuse Nentanyahu's supporters will make about this.

Israeli officials and ambassadors are on record saying the same thing about wanting to destroy Gaza. 

And I haven't seen many instances of Palestinians roll in with bulldozers and taking over Israeli homes to move into either. The conquered land sure seems to be expanding in one direction here.

LossOfLandMapCard-1200x821.png

Basically watching genocide in real time and we got fucking cheerleaders with their poms poms chanting GO TEAM GO!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Canuckle said:

And I haven't seen many instances of Palestinians roll in with bulldozers and taking over Israeli homes to move into either. The conquered land sure seems to be expanding in one direction here.

Basically watching genocide in real time and we got fucking cheerleaders with their poms poms chanting GO TEAM GO!

Yes, but they quickly deny all their previous posts though..

Just now, moosehead said:

Yes, many here have supported Israel governments ground invasion  / bombing of Gaza.

No, many in here have supported the right for Israel to defend itself, including me.  How Israel chooses to do that is up to them.  The problem that you don't seem to grasp is that Hamas is the one that committed the terrorist attack.  They poked the bear.  What do you think would have happened if the bear did nothing?  You think there would be peace right now?

I'll tell you what would have happened.  Hamas would have done it again, and again, and again.  You know that, so don't even deny it.  Israel had every right to defend itself and they HAD to respond in some way.  How they chose to do that was up to them...

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

You consistently support the ground invasion and bombings...    

I think i am done interacting with you .

You said last week you don't even read my posts.  So don't bother replying to me any longer.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

You just posted a fake map that has already been debunked in this thread.  Here is the actual real map so people don't get confused.  There was never a Palestinian state...

Israel.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Who said what Israel was doing was right?  Has anyone in this thread approved or supported the carpet bombing of Gaza?

Israel has every right to defend itself.  How they wish to do that is their choice.  If they commit war crimes, then I guess the UN has to get involved, which is where they normally don't do anything as is their history.  The problem in this war is that Hamas doesn't believe in peace and their only mandate is for the destruction of Israel.  And Israel is now going to take out Hamas permanently while also killing innocent Palestinians.  That is what is happening right now.  And nothing is going to change, regardless of what you post here in this thread...

That's right nothing we say here will change anything over there.

The terrorist state of Israel will continue their genocide of Palestinian people while their terrorist states allies continue to support it and absolve the of any wrongdoing.  Akin to some "blue wall of silence" horseshit.

And no, there is no "taking out Hamas." Israel creates Hamas with every act they perpetrate-- They're creating the next generation of Hamas as we speak. Children of the horrors,  watching their friends, family members being kicked to the streets, beaten, raped, and fucking murdered.

Israel creates Hamas with every breath. Whether dropping bombs or bulldozing houses.  Israel creates Hamas.

As yes, I too would like to see the destruction of the Israeli state... just as I would like to see the destruction of the American state, Canadian state or any other which perpetrates and protects those which commit atrocities.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

That's right nothing we say here will change anything over there.

The terrorist state of Israel will continue their genocide of Palestinian people while their terrorist states allies continue to support it and absolve the of any wrongdoing.  Akin to some "blue wall of silence" horseshit.

And no, there is no "taking out Hamas." Israel creates Hamas with every act they perpetrate-- They're creating the next generation of Hamas as we speak. Children of the horrors,  watching their friends, family members being kicked to the streets, beaten, raped, and fucking murdered.

Israel creates Hamas with every breath. Whether dropping bombs or bulldozing houses.  Israel creates Hamas.

As yes, I too would like to see the destruction of the Israeli state... just as I would like to see the destruction of the American state, Canadian state or any other which perpetrates and protects those which commit atrocities.

Thank you. Great post.   We all need to look inside ourselves and decide do we choose  to support peace or more killing 

Both sides need moderate leaders to move this conflict forward to peace. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You just posted a fake map that has already been debunked in this thread.  Here is the actual real map so people don't get confused.  There was never a Palestinian state...

Israel.JPG

"Debunked." Sure, bud. And talk about irrelevant.  Watching land disappear in one direction is what we're seeing. End of story.

And thanks for posting that picture. Look how that big piece of Jordan disappeared to become Israel in that third and fourth graphic.

Thanks for proving my point.

And you're correct. There wasn't a Palestinian state just as Indigenous peoples of North America didn't have a "state."

Genocide is still genocide.

And Israel is still a terrorist state.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No, many in here have supported the right for Israel to defend itself, including me.  How Israel chooses to do that is up to them. 

Including using white phosphorus? https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/lebanon-evidence-of-israels-unlawful-use-of-white-phosphorus-in-southern-lebanon-as-cross-border-hostilities-escalate/#:~:text=In October%2C Amnesty International documented,indiscriminate attacks and therefore unlawful.

Bombing a refugee camp? If they want to kill Hamas they should be going in there and finding them and freeing their hostages. Instead they are genociding mass Palestinians with missiles.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Thank you. Great post.   We all need to look inside ourselves and decide do we choose  to support peace or more killing 

Both sides need moderate leaders to move this conflict forward to peace. 

In times like these I am consistently reminded of a song by the band, Tool:

Right in Two

Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it.
Right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
And this is what they choose...

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And where there's one
They're bound to divide it,
Right in two.
Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey.
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club.
And beat their brother, down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of its fleeting time here.

Gotta divide it all right in two [4x]

Fight 'til they die over wind, over sky
They fight over life, over prayer, over air and light
Over love, over sun, over another
They fight though they die over words polarizing.

Angels on the sideline again.
Benched along with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end.

Gotta divide it all right in two [3x]
Right in two!

Right in two.

Edited by Canuckle
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

"Debunked." Sure, bud. And talk about irrelevant.  Watching land disappear in one direction is what we're seeing. End of story.

And thanks for posting that picture. Look how that big piece of Jordan disappeared to become Israel in that third and fourth graphic.

Thanks for proving my point.

And you're correct. There wasn't a Palestinian state just as Indigenous peoples of North America didn't have a "state."

Genocide is still genocide.

And Israel is still a terrorist state.

So how do you describe a state that uses women and children as human shields? How do you describe a state that tortures, executes gays and kidnaps children?  Do you think nicely asking state terrorists to change their views of seeking to destroy Isreal and asking for their children back is a feasible option? 

Why does the state you don't speak of goal is to soley destroy the other side.  They have repeatley denied a two state solution.  Continuing to act like barbarians and revolve around a victomhood mentality is why things are the way they are. 

Edited by bolt

26 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Including using white phosphorus? https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/lebanon-evidence-of-israels-unlawful-use-of-white-phosphorus-in-southern-lebanon-as-cross-border-hostilities-escalate/#:~:text=In October%2C Amnesty International documented,indiscriminate attacks and therefore unlawful.

Bombing a refugee camp? If they want to kill Hamas they should be going in there and finding them and freeing their hostages. Instead they are genociding mass Palestinians with missiles.

Umm I believe it's refugee camps now, thank you very much. Plural. And don't forget hospitals. Super important military targets right there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Umm I believe it's refugee camps now, thank you very much. Plural. And don't forget hospitals. Super important military targets right there.

Heartbreaking story of the Palestinian guy working at the hospital.    Saw people he knew  arriving .  Questioned them.  Found out IDF had bombed his home and he had lost 11 relatives at his home.......    

Just heartbreaking.   How anyone can justify this kind of  pointless   killing is beyond me. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 2