Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

46 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yes, that name is war. You can't support the term you're using with actual statistics, so you resort to hyperbole and pseudo-marxists Ideas, which is your right of course. Its a democratic right in fact. Hmm... do Palestinians in Gaza have democratic rights? who took those away again?

When 40% of the people being killed on one side are children, do you call that war as well?

2 hours ago, Canuckle said:

No, it's the wrong word.  And nice of you to ignore the MASSIVE power discrepancy in standing armies and trillions of dollars of weapons I pointed out.

Palestinians didn't "invade" anyone.

You let me know when that occupied territory is no longer occupied and you can talk about who the invading force is

They literally invaded Israel, a sovereign nation, on October 7th.

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Super19 said:

When 40% of the people being killed on one side are children, do you call that war as well?

Reported by Hamas as they count their human shield deaths?  There should be less children deaths but Hamas use their shields. Do you believe they fight in honor?

Edited by bolt

2 minutes ago, Taxi said:

They literally invaded Israel, a sovereign nation, on October 7th.

I think we are talking textbook definitions here.  They didn't hang around long enough to earn the word invasion.   Can we go with murderous incursion?

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and have every right to voice it.

Some might say though that you listen to wrong people, read the wrong books (if at all), watch the wrong videos, etc. and generally lack the knowledge and/or life experience to critically think about what you think about.

Not that I would say that.  I've just heard it said.

I would 🙂 

13 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Nentanyahu is just attacking Hamas, right? So those Jews holding Palestinian flags must be Hamas.

No, this just promotes what I said two pages back in that both sides need to rid themselves of their leadership and that it does not suggest or promote that everyone in either side of the conflict support what their leaders are doing.

Netenyahu is an evil horrible man and he will 100% allow Hamas leadership to get away or go free and then lather rinse repeat to justify his policies.  He in his own way is as evil as the leaders he is negotiating with in hamas

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

Reported by Hamas as they count their human shield deaths?  

The Gaza Health Ministry listed off the names of every single child killed by Nentanyahus army. Multiple organizations including Save The Children have supported these numbers. Furthermore, you don't need to look far to see videos of these Gazan children being destroyed by Nentanyahu. 

If Nentanyahu is all about truth and justice why is he knowingly killing so many children even if they are human shields? He sounds like an evil and radical bad guy.

19 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I'm sorry, but how can you trust the numbers provided by Hamas to be correct? We just saw the "500 dead at the hospital" and "400 dead at the refugee camp" being extremely exaggerated.  

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

The Gaza Health Ministry listed off the names of every single child killed by Nentanyahus army. Multiple organizations including Save The Children have supported these numbers. Furthermore, you don't need to look far to see videos of these Gazan children being destroyed by Nentanyahu. 

If Nentanyahu is all about truth and justice why is he knowingly killing so many children even if they are human shields? He sounds like an evil and radical bad guy.

So put some numbers to this. What percentage of blame do you put on Hamas vs Bibi on this?

Just now, Bob Long said:

So put some numbers to this. What percentage of blame do you put on Hamas vs Bibi on this?

Me?  60/40

Hamas 60

Bibi 40

They need each other to promote their agendas and push their policies and the result is always civilian casualties.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Gaza Health Ministry is Hamas organization. All the other "independent" organizations on the ground (like Amnesty International, for example) - do you really think they have independent employees from other countries collecting this data? They hire locals most of the time and they can hardly be called "independent". We clearly saw this situation unfolding with Amnesty International during the war in Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

Do you think this organization has independent Swiss born and raised citizens en-mass on the ground in Gaza, doing the counts? Let's be realistic here. The only 2 cases of truly verified casualties showed 8-10 times discrepancies with the initially posted numbers. Why do you think all the others are not as blown out of proportion?

45 minutes ago, bolt said:

Reported by Hamas as they count their human shield deaths?  There should be less children deaths but Hamas use their shields. Do you believe they fight in honor?

No to mention that Hamas also uses child soldiers. Anyone under 18 counts as a child death. Hamas' ranks are full of teenagers under 18. When the actual data comes out, a good thing to look out will be the female vs. male children. The way Israel is dropping bombs, you'd expect more or less equal amounts of both genders. Typically the ration of males to female casualties is 10/1 in this conflict, but Hamas still claims that many of its fighters are civilians.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Having an opinion against the Israeli government is fine, to a degree. 

That same statement against Jewish or Israeli people as a collective, wouldn’t have been fine.

Exactly.

I am pro-jewish, and anti-state through and through. We're talking about the maltreatment of entire populations and state mandate justifying the behavior.

Nobody is advocating violence against Jewish people... but there have been  people in here advocating violence against Palestinians going as far to call them "barbarians." Reading some pretty abhorrent shit by a few people in here.

2 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Exactly.

I am pro-jewish, and anti-state through and through. We're talking about the maltreatment of entire populations and state mandate justifying the behavior.

Nobody is advocating violence against Jewish people... but there have been  people in here advocating violence against Palestinians going as far to call them "barbarians." Reading some pretty abhorrent shit by a few people in here.

I think of it like the US right now.

I have zero issues at all with Christians.  Like non.  But Christian fundamentalists like Mike Johnson the new speaker?  Or what they call christo fascists that use office and power to promote agendas against the betterment of man for personal gain or power or that keep individuals down.  I have an issue against that.

netenyahu and his policies over the last few decades in office and his statements/actions have proven to be abhorrent and promote those issues ensuring that the violence will not stop.

So one can be against israeli policy or leadership and have zero issues with judaism but the problem is.  people like to see that one is not in agreement with those policies and immediately label them as hateful or anti-semitic

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

There is no statement of justification there.  Stop getting the parents involved because you don't like the opinion of someone.  If you don't like it ignore it.  Isn't that what you keep saying or suggesting yourself?  Isn't that what the parents are suggesting too?  This is a heavily moderated thread and anything that goes against the rules will be outted and dealt with.

tattling isn't cool.

And it's especially funny coming from the person that tries to call anyone who opposes the Israeli state "antisemitic." Granted its a great way to deflect from talking about the Israeli states atrocities and genocidal state policies. Which is all the tactic ever was in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I think of it like the US right now.

I have zero issues at all with Christians.  Like non.  But Christian fundamentalists like Mike Johnson the new speaker?  Or what they call christo fascists that use office and power to promote agendas against the betterment of man for personal gain or power or that keep individuals down.  I have an issue against that.

netenyahu and his policies over the last few decades in office and his statements/actions have proven to be abhorrent and promote those issues ensuring that the violence will not stop.

So one can be against israeli policy or leadership and have zero issues with judaism but the problem is.  people like to see that one is not in agreement with those policies and immediately label them as hateful or anti-semitic

Exactly. And we seem to have two separate comment threads going here and were saying the same thing. Definitely on the same wavelength here.

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Exactly.

That was directed at Hamas, not the Palestinian people. 

Again, we must ALL differentiate between leaders and the people when we communicate with one another. 

Just now, Canuckle said:

Exactly. And we seem to have two separate comment threads going here and were saying the same thing. Definitely on the same wavelength here.

Cheers!

Keeping in mind.  Speaking out about Hamas is not speaking out about Palestinians either.  But when people speak about palestiniains or israelis thats when the lines get blurred and things start getting hateful

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

So did he.  🙂

Quite the pair you two are. Other times in history you'd have been advocating the genocide of First Nations people. Hell even supporting China in the ethnic cleansing of the Uyghurs right now. Incredible.

And yes, you've both been reading the wrong books and listening to the wrong people. It's on full display.

Israel is a terrorist state and shouldn't exist.

Fuck Israel.

And Fuck Zionism.

Edited by Canuckle
  • Sad 1