Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

30 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

There was quite a study done, the core thing I remember is that a group was witnessing an event and it got fascinating and chaotic, then a gorilla suit wearing guy walked through the scen. The eyewitnesses to the event that very engrossing didn't recall a gorilla suit moving through the action they were describing in great detail, at all. Very few of the eye witnesses could say for certain there was a gorilla suit 😉 that is how bad eye witnesses are; they judge what they saw quickly and then remember the bits that support their position  then worse, every time you remember an event, you are in fact now remembering the memory. 24 retelling later and it isn't what you saw at all.

I know of this experiment.

I have researched the topic of what we "see", and what affects/effects what what we see for decades.

http://www.theinvisiblegorilla.com/gorilla_experiment.html

" But when we did this experiment at Harvard University several years ago, we found that half of the people that watched the video and counted the passes missed the gorilla "

• ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I have researched the topic of what we "see", and what affects/effects what what we see for decades.

" But when we did this experiment at Harvard University several years ago, we found that half of the people that watched the video and counted the passes missed the gorilla "

Ask your gorilla what he thinks about this...

• The only remaining hospital serving cancer patients in Gaza has been forced to shut down, with other hospitals saying they are on the brink of running out of power as Israel continues to block fuel deliveries.

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

I can attest to being in a group of about 15 - 20 people who watched that video and none of us saw it.  We weren't told about the gorilla beforehand and we all wanted to please our boss by getting the pass count right.  So, we only watched the ball...

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

• The only remaining hospital serving cancer patients in Gaza has been forced to shut down, with other hospitals saying they are on the brink of running out of power as Israel continues to block fuel deliveries.

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

That's a good way to assess things. 

When there's a lot of info flying around like in this current conflict I think waiting to hear all the facts before reacting gives you some power back, in our current age that demands instant judgment.

Actually our government did a commendable job of this after the hospital 'bombing'. While we were sleeping the world across the atlantic lit up with "Israel bombed the hospital killing 500!". Eventually evidence came out over the next few days that it was in fact the failed rocket that fell in the parking lot. News outlets, journalists and governments were made to look like fools for jumping the gun.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Louggy said:

I think the gorilla would say

It's a shame that Hamas would prioritize finding fuel to fire 9,000+ rockets and tunnel network to attack Israel instead of taking care of their own people. Roughly 200,000 gallons are currently being stored by Hamas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna122977

Sounds like a credible source...

according to U.S. officials, current and former Israeli officials and academics

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Hamas Terrorists vs Israeli Government Terrorists

Looks like a tie to me.  Both should be locked up in the same prison. 

Except one of them was elected while the other is inflicting terror on their own people.  There's no reason to treat Hamas like people. 

• Like 1

With all the reterec coming out of the Middle East from Hamas, I am not sure what to believe.......

#1.............Let us have a cease fire

#2............Let us have a cease fire and talk about a Palestine state

#3............We will never stop, we will attack again and again and never give up

So, if I am Israel, I beat them until there is no more.......I cave all the tunnels in.......and I beat them until they cry for mercy (Hamas)

But that is only how I feel about Hamas....................absolutely not the Palestinian people, who live in a poor, autocratic state, who worry more about their food supply, than war.

I hate the thought of innocent men, women and children dying, loosing their homes, and loved ones...........I have no problem supporting the Red Crescent for humanitarian reasons. 

I will say this about the Israeli's...........I do not condone the bulldozing of Palestinian home sites, nor the stopping of food and oil into the Palestinian city's. I also wish there was another way to root out Hamas (I am not sure there is)

I wish I had a better answer

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Hamas is far worse.

How so... ?  Hamas kills you.   Israeli government takes your home.. evicts you ... and gives it to an american to settle on.   

Tells you, you can never have your home back.  Your family is doomed to a life of poverty...

Both are terrible ....

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Israel goverment policy for last 80 years has been to take Palestinian homes - does that bother you. 

I find your inability to read, shocking

I literally said in what you just quote me saying........."I hate the thought of innocent men, women and children, dying , loosing their homes, and loved one"

Does that not indicate that it bothers me?

Edited by JIAHN

2 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

I find your inability to read, shocking

I literally said in what you just quote me saying........."I hate the thought of innocent men, women and children, dying , loosing their homes, and loved one"

Does that indicate that it bothers me?

Typing while watching the hockey game.....

The whole conflict is  disturbing.      So pointless in both sides just trying to wipe out the other side.

This latest escalation will only entrench each side even more in their position.   Martyrs will be created on both sides.  More young people will be even more motivated to take up violence.

The world really needs to get more involved and create some kind of a 2 state solution with the 2 sides kept apart from each other for 20 years. 

@moosehead

I have a statement and question for you..............

Statement

Despite all the bad history on both side of this war. There was an uneasy peace, with minor skirmishes, prior to Hamas full scale attack......minor skirmishes!!!!!!

Question

Do you think that Hamas has achieved their goal, and is the average Palestinian better off now? (Maybe 2 questions)

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Typing while watching the hockey game.....

The whole conflict is  disturbing.      So pointless in both sides just trying to wipe out the other side.

This latest escalation will only entrench each side even more in their position.   Martyrs will be created on both sides.  More young people will be even more motivated to take up violence.

The world really needs to get more involved and create some kind of a 2 state solution with the 2 sides kept apart from each other for 20 years. 

I do not think there is 1 person on here that would not agree with this statement (Last sentence) and if it was Hamas's only goal to have this happen, then it was at great expense, as this is a case of a boy with a stick, fighting a tiger.............But when you go into the cage and beat the tiger on the head with the stick, what did you expect?

I mean, and paraphrasing the 2nd in charge of Hamas that was just on the TV..............."we will keep coming and fighting until we win!" .......how does that make Israel rethink their stance?

23 minutes ago, moosehead said:

How so... ?  Hamas kills you.   Israeli government takes your home.. evicts you ... and gives it to an american to settle on.   

Tells you, you can never have your home back.  Your family is doomed to a life of poverty...

Both are terrible ....

Hamas starves their own people and retains power by terror.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

@moosehead

I have a statement and question for you..............

Statement

Despite all the bad history on both side of this war. There was an uneasy peace, with minor skirmishes, prior to Hamas full scale attack......minor skirmishes!!!!!!

Question

Do you think that Hamas has achieved their goal, and is the average Palestinian better off now? (Maybe 2 questions)

Yes i think Hamas has absolutely achieved their goal.  Every day of the ground invasion. Hamas gets more and more what they want.  Hamas wants to embarrass Israel across the world and gets attention to their struggle. It worked and is working well for Hamas.

Are palestinians better off - absolutely not.  No doubt Israel will use the attack to seize even more Palestinian land.  Settler attacks will increase.

Palestinians will suffer economically.     So absolutely this conflict will harm the innocent palestinians....

12 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

I do not think there is 1 person on here that would not agree with this statement (Last sentence) and if it was Hamas's only goal to have this happen, then it was at great expense, as this is a case of a boy with a stick, fighting a tiger.............But when you go into the cage and beat the tiger on the head with the stick, what did you expect?

I mean, and paraphrasing the 2nd in charge of Hamas that was just on the TV..............."we will keep coming and fighting until we win!" .......how does that make Israel rethink their stance?

Hamas is on a publicity campaign.  Hamas want to gain support from the world for their struggle.  The majority of countries are sympathetic to the palenstinian struggle and this recent escalation only increase support for a free palestine. 

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Israel also starves Palestinians and retains their power by terror..

So it is a tie.  Both are War Criminals. 

One is an internationally recognized terrorist organization.  One is not.  Extermination of Hamas needs to be the priority.

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

This post encapsulates why you can't be taken that  seriously. 

You are totally biased.

• ThereItIs 3