Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

coming from you that is truly hilarious.....

I am one of the few here that see both sides responsiblities  to this conflict.

You....    ah....  not so much. 

Are you serious ?

Who was one of the first to post about prominent Isrealis speaking out about Arpartheid ?

I was.

Go back and check. 

I actually promoted a one state solution where everyone is equal. 

I posted a doco about  young Jewish settlers that take land and part of that story was a Palestinian man who had lost his daughter and son-in-law, burnt alive in a settler attack.

He was raising his grandson who was severely burned, teaching him forgiveness, not hate.

Here is another great example of how to overcome hate 

Budrus: It takes a village to unite the most divided people on earth.

This movie is about Ayed Morrar who unites who unites local Fatah and Hamas members along with Isreali supporters in an unarmed movement to save his village of Budrus from destruction by Isreals seperation barrier. 

This is a trailer for a doco I saw on SBS a while back.

" Soldiers from both sides that used to hate, changing into non violent peace activists 

This doco, Breaking the silence 

A bunch of Isreali soldiers who served in the occupied territories and wanted to tell everyone about the reality of everyday life while serving.

Dancing in Jaffa 

This doco is about a guy that united Palestinians and Isrealis teaching them to dance

Yeah I am biased.

I believe we are all human beings sharing this planet together.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I am really curious what all the anti Israel crowd, hiding nameless behind their keyboards, would say in person about Israel to Quinn Hughes, Mark Friedman and Josh Bloom 🙂 

I wonder if Quinn's dad had to hide his cross like Ray Liotta did in Good Fellas when he came to pick up his Mum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I am really curious what all the anti Israel crowd, hiding nameless behind their keyboards, would say in person about Israel to Quinn Hughes, Mark Friedman and Josh Bloom 🙂 

Quinn Hughes mother is Jewish I believe.  If our beloved moosehead ever showed up to the Hughes home, we would probably never see him again.  Maybe someone should send him an invite to the Hughes home to talk about the war with the family...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JIAHN said:

@Alflives

Think about this question Alf

Would you not die to save your children?

I definitely wouldn't build a military base under a school or hospital. I definitely wouldn't go door to door and kill infants hiding in safe houses. I don't see how the events of October 7 saved any children. The plan was only to stir up a military response from Israel, create more "martyrs", and then use those martyrs to create propaganda to perpetuate the conflict and keep Hamas in power and money.

Sorry.... Who was saving children?

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, Taxi said:

I definitely wouldn't build a military base under a school or hospital. I definitely wouldn't go door to door and kill infants hiding in safe houses. I don't see how the events of October 7 saved any children. The plan was only to stir up a military response from Israel, create more "martyrs", and then use those martyrs to create propaganda to perpetuate the conflict and keep Hamas in power and money.

Sorry.... Who was saving children?

Certain posters keep saying that Hamas and the IDF are the same.  Does the IDF store their military bases underneath a school or a hospital?  Do they go door to door and kill women and children just for fun?  Do they advise their families to use their children as suicide bombers so that they can become martyrs and receive their virgins from Allah?

Hamas is a terrorist organization and that is what they act like.  That is how they conduct their day-to-day business.  Stating that the IDF is also a terrorist organization and that the state of Israel shouldn't exist is just hyperbole and is only meant to inflame arguments and to make both sides look equally bad.

At the end of the day, the Palestinians refused peace many times in order to conquer more land.  They lost each time and now have almost no land because of it.  The Jews are supposedly the aggressors, but it is the Arabs in the middle east who are the ones killing each other.  How many Syrians have been killed by their own government?  How about the Arabs living in Yemen, Lebanon, etc?  

Hamas organized a terrorist attack on Israel which killed 1400 people and started this current conflict.  Israel has every right to defend itself.  The only issue here is the level of aggression and the innocent people that are dying on both sides.  It's unfortunate but expected when there is a war.  

• Like 4

To those that are saying there is no difference between Israel and Hamas.

I guess since Americans, Soviets, English, French, Canadians, Australians etc. indiscriminately bombed cities, killed raped and robbed hundreds of thousands of civilians if not more. There is really no difference between them and Germany in WW2, crime is a crime.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I guess since Americans, Soviets, English, French, Canadians, Australians etc. indiscriminately bombed cities, killed raped and robbed hundreds of thousands of civilians if not more. There is really no difference between them and Germany in WW2, crime is a crime.

The allies killed 15+ million people in concentration camps? If the Germans had won, everyone in Europe would be speaking German. Big differences. 

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, moosehead said:

You do realize that Israeli IDF terrorists bombed innnocent women and children in  south gaza after the families  fled to the south.

Countries that practise Apartheid are often banned from world sports events... So it would not be surprising to see Israel banned from upcoming olympics.

The world needs to send a message that occupation / oppresion / ethnic cleansing / Apartheid are not accepted in 2023.  

This isn't remotely true. This map is from October 22, but it clearly shows that the vast majority of the bombing was going on in the North. Israel has limited operation in the South largely aimed at tunnels near the Southern border, that Hamas is using to smuggle ammunition and they've also hit a few commanders:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/10/world/map-israel-hamas-war-dg

ai2html-graphic-desktop.eadf0c5d.jpg

To cross-reference, this next map shows the actual built up areas of the Gaza Strip. The South is relatively empty, so many of the strikes there wouldn't even have hit any buidings:

800px-Gaza_Strip_map2.svg.png

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I'm English, no problem saying my country was the one of the worst ever in history. No pride in my national heritage. Countries are all just lines on a map made by men. Humans exist in all parts of the world and are equal. 

I pray hope for evolution for our species. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Let's not forget that Israel gave the population over a week to evacuate Gaza. It's not like Oct 7th happen and Israel started bombing the shit out of Gaza on Oct 8th. There was a pause prior to the military action at the scale we see today.

So you tell your neighbour to get the f out of his house as you are going to firebomb it. 

You wait 4-5 days... Then you throw a molotov  cocktail in his home at night  while his family is in it.  Burn the home  down and kill his kids...

You get arrested.  You tell the judge you gave him 4 days notice what is problem Sir......

Yah, see how that goes for you..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm English, no problem saying my country was the one of the worst ever in history. No pride in my national heritage. Countries are all just lines on a map made by men. Humans exist in all parts of the world and are equal. 

I pray hope for evolution for our species. 

I agree with you in spirit, but suspect we will see moon war II at some point.

Just now, Bob Long said:

I agree with you in spirit, but suspect we will see moon war II at some point.

Humans are disgusting bags of meat.

No wonder my little alien friends dont want to come help us out yet. We have to grow up first.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Taxi said:

This isn't remotely true. This map is from October 22, but it clearly shows that the vast majority of the bombing was going on in the North. Israel has limited operation in the South largely aimed at tunnels near the Southern border, that Hamas is using to smuggle ammunition and they've also hit a few commanders:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/10/world/map-israel-hamas-war-dg

ai2html-graphic-desktop.eadf0c5d.jpg

To cross-reference, this next map shows the actual built up areas of the Gaza Strip. The South is relatively empty, so many of the strikes there wouldn't even have hit any buidings:

800px-Gaza_Strip_map2.svg.png

Oh so  your map from 10 days ago shows more bombing in the North than in the South..

Wow, that justifies the killling of women and children by Israeli IDF...

Are you trying to say Israel is killing more women and children in the North than in the south... so somehow that makes it justifiable.. ??

Ah... no it does not.   

There is not justifying the killing of innocent woman and children.

Israeli politicians and IDF commanders are War Criminals..   Same as Hamas .    2 sides of the same coin. 

Edited by moosehead

For those that like to make false accusations about me.

For me, 100 %  I support the Israels right to exist.   

I am just against the killing of innocent civilians.  By both sides.   There is NEVER a time when it is OK to harm women and children. NEVER. 

There must be a better way. 

• Like 1

Just now, moosehead said:

For those that like to make false accusations about me.

For me, 100 %  I support the Israels right to exist.   

I am just against the killing of innocent civilians.  By both sides.   There is NEVER a time when it is OK to harm women and children. NEVER. 

There must be a better way. 

I'm curious what you think the alternative is from Israel's perspective. They moved all of their settlers out of Gaza, which led to Hamas taking over. Then they allowed 20,000 Gazan workers into Israel and released funds from Qatar to them, which allowed Hamas to facilitate the attack on October 7, 2023. Hamas has sworn that they will never accept a peace deal with Israel and any agreement they make is a temporary ceasefire to allow them to continue their mission to fully eradicate Israel. 

5 minutes ago, Super19 said:

It's pretty mind-boggling how pro-Nentanyahu people justify the killing of not 1, or 2, or 10, or 100, but thousands of women and children. 

I haven't seen anyone in here pro Bibi. In fact I think everyone will be quite happy to see him replaced with someone more moderate.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I haven't seen anyone in here pro Bibi. In fact I think everyone will be quite happy to see him replaced with someone more moderate.

Until then he currently has the green light to do whatever he wants. Where is the uproar against Nentanyahu? Is it not inherently bad that children are being destroyed? No matter the reason for killing these Gazan children, the blame is on the one who pulls the trigger. Over and over, day after day, which is what Nentanyahu is doing right now. It's incredibly sad, with no end in sight.

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Until then he currently has the green light to do whatever he wants. Where is the uproar against Nentanyahu? Is it not inherently bad that children are being destroyed? No matter the reason for killing these Gazan children, the blame is on the one who pulls the trigger. Over and over, day after day, which is what Nentanyahu is doing right now. It's incredibly sad, with no end in sight.

It is bad. Hamas can stop it today. They can stop using human shields. But they want kids hurt for the headlines. 

And there is an end in sight.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It is bad. Hamas can stop it today. They can stop using human shields. But they want kids hurt for the headlines. 

And there is an end in sight.

The IDF should just do a massive ground invasion and kill Hamas more tactically. If Hamas is in a hospital, or refugee camp, send out teams to infiltrate and eliminate just Hamas. It's too brutal to just airstrike because we are seeing too many children die. 

Or these two groups just need to figure it out and live in peace.