Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

I understand the frustrations of the Palestinians. I also understand it is very difficult to raise their voices in Gaza if they disagree with Hamas as by doing so they are likely walking dead until they are murdered by Hamas to send a message to the Palestinians in Gaza. What the West needs to understand there is no truth nor is their humanity as the violence in the Arab sector versus Arabs themselves at the best of times is out of hand and one can image what that same violence becomes when it is directed at an Israeli or Jew.  edit...forgot to add...reference what that violence looks like on October 7...violence does not begin to cover what took place.

Edited by testycal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

So if I walk into a bank today with the intent to rob it, with a toddler strapped to my chest, should I expect to walk out with the money?

Two options.  

Cops fire indiscriminately killing you, the kid, a few tellers, and a few customers.  No harm, no foul cause human shield and collateral damage

Cops do their best to just get you.  

I'm pretty sure the latter is the choice most if all will take.  Yet the former is kinda what the IDF is doing with their bombing.  See the difference.

Hopefully USA announces later today that  ALL Military Aid to Israel is now on hold....

WASHINGTON – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Friday that his country would not consider halting its war on Hamas, rejecting Secretary of State Antony Blinken’s call for “humanitarian pauses” to allow civilians out of the Gaza Strip.

Edited by moosehead

17 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Hopefully USA announces later today that  ALL Military Aid to Israel is now on hold....

WASHINGTON – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Friday that his country would not consider halting its war on Hamas, rejecting Secretary of State Antony Blinken’s call for “humanitarian pauses” to allow civilians out of the Gaza Strip.

Fat chance of that happening during the lead up to an election year

6 hours ago, moosehead said:

So you tell your neighbour to get the f out of his house as you are going to firebomb it. 

You wait 4-5 days... Then you throw a molotov  cocktail in his home at night  while his family is in it.  Burn the home  down and kill his kids...

You get arrested.  You tell the judge you gave him 4 days notice what is problem Sir......

Yah, see how that goes for you..

That's a terrible analogy because it conveniently ignores what preceded the warning to vacate the home (Hamas terrorsism). You are oversimplifying a very complex conflict with more forces at play than just bad guy vs good guy. There is IDF, Bibi, Hamas, PIJ, PLO, Iran/probably Russia, 'the west' etc. The civilians of Palestine are paying the biggest price to be sure, but that will continue as long as Hamas continues to conduct terrorist attacks against Israel and isn't new in the last 3 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

50 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Two options.  

Cops fire indiscriminately killing you, the kid, a few tellers, and a few customers.  No harm, no foul cause human shield and collateral damage

I'm pretty sure the latter is the choice most if all will take.  Yet the former is kinda what the IDF is doing with their bombing.  See the difference.

I do, I just don't know that is what the IDF is doing.

Warning. It’s triggering. 

Please don’t watch it if it’s too much for you to handle. 

Any emotional responses of hatred/incitement/trolling will be moderated severely. 

Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah makes first speech on Israel-Gaza war

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67304185

Israeli troops advance toward Gaza City as the Palestinian death toll rises above 9,000

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-11-2-2023-6a398d4aeba979aef24960efc31eb772

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Two options.  

What if the robber was going to kill 5 people everyday until you stopped him? And the teller and the customers had all voted for the robber, who was actually a genocidal fascist organization and not a, to rule the Gaza Strip which contains tens of thousands of other well armed murderers all funded by billions of dollars from Iran and Qatar. And what if you are actually the country of Israel who just suffered a massive massacre and you have a duty to protect your own citizens against further attack.

Your metaphor is dumb.

• ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Taxi said:

What if the robber was going to kill 5 people everyday until you stopped him? And the teller and the customers had all voted for the robber, who was actually a genocidal fascist organization and not a, to rule the Gaza Strip which contains tens of thousands of other well armed murderers all funded by billions of dollars from Iran and Qatar. And what if you are actually the country of Israel who just suffered a massive massacre and you have a duty to protect your own citizens against further attack.

Your metaphor is dumb.

Which robber would kill 5 people everyday? Pretty sure the goal of robbery is to profit not to slay people. 

I agree that metaphors are a dumb way to argue your point, but you just made a dumb metaphor even dumber. 

It is also clear that Israel's assault on Hamas is causing terrible bloodshed. The latest figure for Palestinian deaths from Gaza's health ministry, run by Hamas, has exceeded 9,000 - of whom around 65% are children and women.

Some of the Palestinian dead would have been part of Hamas. But even if that proportion is as high as 10%, which is unlikely, it means that Israel is on course to have killed as many Palestinian civilians in just over a month as Russia has killed in Ukraine since February 2022

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67306902

Edited by moosehead

Lunatics on both sides...

As President Biden and many others have said, the only possible chance for avoiding more wars is to establish a Palestinian state alongside Israel. That will not be possible with the current leaders on either side. Extremists, both Israeli and Palestinian, would do all they could to scupper the idea, as they have done since the 1990s. Some of them believe they are following the will of God, which makes it impossible to persuade them to accept a secular compromise.

4 minutes ago, moosehead said:

It is also clear that Israel's assault on Hamas is causing terrible bloodshed. The latest figure for Palestinian deaths from Gaza's health ministry, run by Hamas, has exceeded 9,000 - of whom around 65% are children and women.

This isn't to say that there aren't thousands dead but I think we should probably wait for a figure not supplied by Hamas

• ThereItIs 3