Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

9 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

This isn't to say that there aren't thousands dead but I think we should probably wait for a figure not supplied by Hamas

Yes, of course .  The longer  we can ignore / deny / mimimize  War crimes... the longer Israel IDF forces can continue to commit them....

Edited by moosehead

40 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

Which robber would kill 5 people everyday? Pretty sure the goal of robbery is to profit not to slay people. 

I agree that metaphors are a dumb way to argue your point, but you just made a dumb metaphor even dumber. 

No need to rob... when the current Israeli government can over-rule Israeli Supreme court...  and then make the ethnic cleansing legal.

That is the efficient way to do ethnic cleansing   and commit genocide.  Nice and tidy with the bonus of now being legal.

To be clear.  I am 100 percent for the state of Israel.  I am in favor  of favour of 2 state solution.

I just do not support the murder of civilians. 

Edited by moosehead

Ethnic cleansing ???

In the end, many have evacuated, but many more have not been able to. Some are not in a condition to move, either because of disabilities or injuries. In several hospitals, doctors and nurses are refusing to leave behind their immovable patients. There are also others who are refusing to leave because they fear permanent exile.

The trauma of Nakba in 1948, where 750,000 Palestinians were permanently exiled from their homes, has never left Palestinians. This feeling is especially palpable among Palestinians in Gaza, the majority of whom are from families displaced in 1948.

The Israeli government knows this. It also knows that moving 1.1 million people in a space like Gaza, in a matter of hours, is logistically impossible. But the evacuation order serves its purpose – it provides cover for the Israeli government to commit mass atrocities by using the age-old fallacy that Hamas is using human shields.

International agencies have made it clear that the evacuation order does not absolve the Israeli government of its obligations and responsibilities under international humanitarian law, and have called on Israel’s leaders to rescind the order.  On its part, however, the Israeli government has not made a huge effort to hide the fact that this evacuation order or its wider plans for Gaza is an attempt at ethnic cleansing.

Various Israeli ministers and politicians have called for the wiping out of Gaza over the past week, using dehumanising language. Israel’s defence minister even called Palestinians in Gaza “human animals”.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2023/10/16/israels-evacuation-order-is-nothing-but-cover-for-ethnic-cleansing

11 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Various Israeli ministers and politicians have called for the wiping out of Gaza over the past week, using dehumanising language. Israel’s defence minister even called Palestinians in Gaza “human animals”.

He was referring to Hamas, not the entire population.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

42 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Yes, of course .  The longer  we can ignore / deny / mimimize  War crimes... the longer Israel IDF forces can continue to commit them....

Hamas is responsible for what’s happening now. They need to come out of hiding (which is actually cowardly) and fight. They must stop behaving like terrorists and be soldiers. 

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hamas is responsible for what’s happening now. They need to come out of hiding (which is actually cowardly) and fight. They must stop behaving like terrorists and be soldiers. 

yah, like the IRA really wanted to fight the british military in. a conventional war.

Hamas are terrorists.   Terrorists fight through terror.   Sorry Alf but you are not being realistic.

Hamas are scum and deserve to die.... but  the killing of innocent civilians by both sides needs to stop.....

If a terrorist after 9-11 was alive and hiding in a school full of kids.  Would you condone bombing the school - killing multiple kids...  to kill the single terrorist.    Are  Palestinian  children worth less than a Canadian child

Edited by moosehead

I still think my metaphor was valid when the IDF does crap like this.  Or the multiple bombing of the refugee camp.

Nope, just some human shields and collateral damage so it's all good. /s

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/03/middleeast/casualties-gazas-shifa-hospital-idf/index.html

Israel admits airstrike on ambulance near hospital that witnesses say killed and wounded dozens

• Sad 3

Hopefully Biden grows some nuts and  announces tomorrow...

All Israel Military Funding is now suspended .  All this funding will now go to Ukraine.  

This will be in place until Israels IDF forces  stop ethnic cleansing and the  targeting of   innocent civilians. 

Edited by moosehead

Just now, moosehead said:

Hopefully Biden announces tomorrow...

All Israel Military Funding is now suspended .  All this funding will now go to Ukraine.  

This will be in place until Israels IDF forces  stop ethnic cleansing and the  targeting of   innocent civilians. 

How do you convince a Republican led House to agree?  Bundling the aid for both countries was very smart politically.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

How do you convince a Republican led House to agree?  Bundling the aid for both countries was very smart politically.

I mean,  they were making funding in their House bill contingent on billions of cuts to the IRS so rich millionaires could find it easier to cheat on their taxes. 

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Does he really think that if he keeps repeating "ethnic cleansing" than someone will start taking him seriously? There's a good Azeri saying that loosely translates "No matter how many times you say the word "halva", you won't feel sweetness in your mouth".

• ThereItIs 1

A few documentaries I watched this morning.

Isreal versus Isreal 

Isreali peace activists taking a stand against the occupation and illegal settlements.

https://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/israel-vs-israel-2010/

5  Broken Cameras

An Academy award nominated film 

Directed by a Palestinian and an Isreali.

Documenting both Palestinians and Isrealis fighting against the barrier.

This film was made by Anna Baltzer a Jewish American.

As she states in talk at the beginning, what she found when she arrived in Palestine didn't correspond with what the media narrative delivers, a common theme in a few of these documentaries I have been watching.

Also a common theme in a lot of the posts in this thread.

You really should watch these if you want first hand accounts about what the reality of life is in the occupied territories.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Don't worry, our stupid species will always find money and resources for war/ killing others.

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

11 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Don't worry, our stupid species will always find money and resources for war/ killing others.

What’s wrong with us? IMHAO 90% of people want peace and to help one another. Do the other 10% rule and decide? If so, what do we (in the 90%) do? 

• Huggy Bear 1

54 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Does he really think that if he keeps repeating "ethnic cleansing" than someone will start taking him seriously? There's a good Azeri saying that loosely translates "No matter how many times you say the word "halva", you won't feel sweetness in your mouth".

Does he really think that by his denying the destruction of homes  of 2 million  palestinians   and killing/murdering  thousands of innocent Palestinian  women and children.....  that someone will take him serious...

6faef34b3c3f60d248b5d3f50963ce57.jpg

Edited by moosehead

7 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Does he really think that by his denying the destruction of homes  of 2 million  palestinians   and killing/murdering  thousands of innocent Palestinian  women and children.....  that someone will take him serious...

6faef34b3c3f60d248b5d3f50963ce57.jpg

I will gladly take a man who served in the IDF seriously regarding their rules of engagement, which he has touched upon.  I will also take into account his position his biased, but he knows far more about this conflict than most people, like it or not.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I will gladly take a man who served in the IDF seriously regarding their rules of engagement, which he has touched upon.  I will also take into account his position his biased, but he knows far more about this conflict than most people, like it or not.

Why don't you take some time to educate yourself about the situation in the occupied territories.

I have posted a number of videos/ documentaries now that give first hand accounts from both the Jewish and Palestinian perspectives.

Those that are working towards peace.

Maybe you will actually view them as real people, not just abstract tools in your arguments.

43 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No thanks.   IDFshoots kids dead that were throwing rocks even if they are running away....    nice rules....

Edited by moosehead

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I think the majority of people who don't solely get their information from Fox News can see how this "war" is skewed and are legit concerned about a genocide.

While it doesn't matter much, the people on the streets and in colleges around the world have made their voices known on the matter. 

In December 2021, Israeli news outlets reported new, looser rules of engagement that seemed to move closer to soldiers’ conduct in practice. The new rules permit soldiers to fire at Palestinian civilians who throw rocks or fire bombs, even if they have ceased to do so and are fleeing by the time soldiers shoot at them. (The open fire regulations are much looser in Gaza; during the 2018 Great March of Return protests in Gaza, soldiers were allowed to use live fire against anyone who merely approached or damaged the fence separating Gaza from Israel.)

https://jewishcurrents.org/how-the-idf-ignores-its-own-rules-of-engagement

7 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I think the majority of people who don't solely get their information from Fox News can see how this "war" is skewed and are legit concerned about a genocide.

While it doesn't matter much, the people on the streets and in colleges around the world have made their voices known on the matter. 

You are correct, now I know for sure which university not to hire from.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You are correct, now I know for sure which university not to hire from.

Yah don't hire from any university then because anyone that has a passion for learning will not be supporting Israel policy of occupation / oppression. 

Edited by moosehead

17 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I don't watch Fox and don't see what you are. Where are you getting your news?

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Yah, any university because anyone that has a passion for learning will not be supporting Israel policy of occupation / oppression. 

Do you think these students would even want to work for an employer that directly supports the way Nentanyahu is achieving his goals?

If people can't even see eye to eye here, how are we to expect Israelis and Palestinians to see eye to eye?

Rejecting a student from a potential job because the employer doesn't see eye-to-eye with the political views doesn't seem right. The employer should judge wether or not the applicants views are justified fairly. Nelson Mandela was not seen for the man he was until much later.