Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

20 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I think the majority of people who don't solely get their information from Fox News can see how this "war" is skewed and are legit concerned about a genocide.

While it doesn't matter much, the people on the streets and in colleges around the world have made their voices known on the matter. 

Don’t have TV. And use CNN internet news. Still accept the fact Hamas’ October 7 actions started what’s happening now. 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Do you think these students would even want to work for an employer that directly supports the way Nentanyahu is achieving his goals?

If people can't even see eye to eye here, how are we to expect Israelis and Palestinians to see eye to eye?

Rejecting a student from a potential job because the employer doesn't see eye-to-eye with the political views doesn't seem right. The employer should judge wether or not the applicants views are justified fairly. Nelson Mandela was not seen for the man he was until much later. 

Rejecting a student for a job because they  support Peace...   

Yah that makes so much sense....  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

I have Fox, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera. Social media (X, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok) can be a great place for news.

Social media is also a great place to get manipulated. Yes I know everyone thinks they are immune.

Social media drives so much instant anger and is driving most of the hateful narratives we are seeing.

I won't be surprised at all when campus rallies start agreeing with Hezbollah.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Rejecting a student for a job because they  support Peace...   

Yah that makes so much sense....  

yup. The crap that is happening elsewhere shouldn’t affect things like that here. And anyone who brings their hatred to our country from elsewhere should be sent packing or put in prison, hatred of other peoples is not welcomed in Canada. Only nice people need apply. No terrorist evil people. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Social media is also a great place to get manipulated. Yes I know everyone thinks they are immune.

Social media drives so much instant anger and is driving most of the hateful narratives we are seeing.

I won't be surprised at all when campus rallies start agreeing with Hezbollah.

Please do not link  Non support for Israel with support for Hezbollah......

You can not make that leap.

Most people that DO NOT support Israel... in fact also  do not support Hezbolah.

Most people just want Peace. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 2

Just now, moosehead said:

Please do not link  Non support for Israel with support for Hezbollah......

You can not make that leap.

Most people that support Israel... in fact do not support Hezbolah.

Most people just want Peace. 

Yup, peace will come when Hamas gets the courage to come out from behind their human shields of women, children, and the ill and fight. Right now they’re hiding behind skirts, which is cowardly.?

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t have TV. And use CNN internet news. Still accept the fact Hamas’ October 7 actions started what’s happening now. 

I heard they are looking into Oct 7.

If you wanna put your tin foil hat on...

Was 9/11 an inside job?

Did Hamas really circumnavigate the best in the world Israeli Intel and defense systems by coming in on paragliders?

/tin foil hat off

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup, peace will come when Hamas gets the courage to come out from behind their human shields of women, children, and the ill and fight. Right now they’re hiding behind skirts, which is cowardly.?

Peace will not come from Killing.

These killings are only creating the next generation of terrorists 

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I heard they are looking into Oct 7.

If you wanna put your tin foil hat on...

Was 9/11 an inside job?

Did Hamas really circumnavigate the best in the world Israeli Intel and defense systems by coming in on paragliders?

/tin foil hat off

I read Pearl Harbour was a tinfoil hat thing. I sure hope our species is better than what happened on October 7 and a lot of that is fake news. 
Very sadly I think the vast majority is real. We are a bad species l. 

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Peace will not come from Killing.

These killings are only creating the next generation of terrorists 

A 20yr old Gazan today is going through their 5th war. Whilst being kept in the largest open air prison, not able to go in or out, with blockades and sanctions for that entire duration. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I read Pearl Harbour was a tinfoil hat thing. I sure hope our species is better than what happened on October 7 and a lot of that is fake news. 
Very sadly I think the vast majority is real. We are a bad species l. 

It all started with the ""moon landing ""

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Do you think these students would even want to work for an employer that directly supports the way Nentanyahu is achieving his goals?

If people can't even see eye to eye here, how are we to expect Israelis and Palestinians to see eye to eye?

Rejecting a student from a potential job because the employer doesn't see eye-to-eye with the political views doesn't seem right. The employer should judge wether or not the applicants views are justified fairly. Nelson Mandela was not seen for the man he was until much later. 

Rejecting a potential employee who openly supports killing of my family members and friends sounds like a very reasonable cause. And it's really easy to see the messages calling for death to Jews on university campuses of several Ivy League universities. And guess what - I'm not the only employer with this position. Check out the Wall Street companies and shifting in their policies towards certain university graduates. It's a very typical case of FAFO. No responsible employer wants to hire loose cannons with unpredictable behavioral tendencies.

As for whether I'm hiring from any universities - all I can say is lol. My most junior employees straight out of university make $50 USD/hour. 🙂 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

Rejecting a potential employee who openly supports killing of my family members and friends sounds like a very reasonable cause. And it's really easy to see the messages calling for death to Jews on university campuses of several Ivy League universities. And guess what - I'm not the only employer with this position. Check out the Wall Street companies and shifting in their policies towards certain university graduates. It's a very typical case of FAFO. No responsible employer wants to hire loose cannons with unpredictable behavioral tendencies.

As for whether I'm hiring from any universities - all I can say is lol. My most junior employees straight out of university make $50 USD/hour. 🙂 

Well what if one of your applicants also had their family members killed - ten fold to yours? Surely a discourse needs to be made than a blanket boycott. Can't carpet bomb an entire university and have human shields as collective punishment 😉

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

And to be fair, "death to Jews" is NOT the voice coming out from the streets and schools. But the few nutcase murmers that do echo that, then yes, those ppl don't belong anywhere.

But we will see statements of "Israel deserved it" if/when Lebanon attacks.

Maybe not the exact statement you have in quotes but it's close.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ah well, who needs conspiracy theories anyway when we have rampant hyperbole? That's easier to fit into a tweet.

Shaggy was right, it wasn't him that was caught on camera... it was Hamas. Unfortunately Shaggy, RikRok and the mistress were all bombed in the subsequent airstrike that achieved the goal of eliminating Hamas.

4 minutes ago, Super19 said:

And to be fair, "death to Jews" is NOT the voice coming out from the streets and schools. But the few nutcase murmers that do echo that, then yes, those ppl don't belong anywhere.

I wouldn’t hire anyone from Cornell University. Who knows what the fuck they are teaching in those classrooms…

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But we will see statements of "Israel deserved it" if/when Lebanon attacks.

Maybe not the exact statement you have in quotes but it's close.

I imagine what they think is that Netanyahu deserves is a good hard look from all world leaders. And def not a green light to do whatever Nentanyahu pleases, as we are seeing it is a brutal nightmare for many innocents. End the siege, end the occupation. Don't destroy Gaza and Gazans, and kill scores of people.

15 minutes ago, Super19 said:

You would be surprised. But even something as removing the posters with kidnapped Israelis on UBC campus is cause enough for me. And there are plenty of cases like this, well documented.

• Vintage 1