Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

6 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You would be surprised. But even something as removing the posters with kidnapped Israelis on UBC campus is cause enough for me. And there are plenty of cases like this, well documented.

Did they remove the Palestinian posters?

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They did it at UBC?  My alma mater?  Seriously?  WTF?  

before my wife retired she had an office at the OSI clinic there. We never ran into any open anti-semitism on campus, but clearly from this thread alone we can see that otherwise intelligent folks will equate Israel with being the aggressor in this situation and lean away from them. The narrative is a lifework for Hamas who choose to martyr their babies and children (not surprised actually, saw a vid in the last two weeks of a Hamas fighter whipping muslim women out into the street like a herd of goats while he was directly behind them with his AK firing over their heads. its barbaric) because one picture of a dead Gazan Baby is worth 25 of their irrigation tube rockets. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Did they remove the Palestinian posters?

Not sure what you mean. I saw a video of 2 girls removing posters of kidnapped Israelis on UBC campus and quickly walking away from a person recording them and asking questions, throwing back the typical "whataboutism" that some in this thread are so fond of.

• ThereItIs 1

I just noticed this thread.

I’m not a big Israel supporter but what I saw a few weeks ago at the Art Gallery (Protest Plaza) was disgusting. I was working and this Palestinian protest was right after the initial Hamas massacre in Israel. This was confusing to me and made no sense. So these guys went at it for hours throughout the afternoon somehow justifying what happened and then they finally dispersed.

At around 6pm there was a much quieter Israel vigil at the same location. I then see about half a dozen Palestinian protesters appear out of nowhere and run towards the crowd. These idiots were laughing at the folks in vigil and said awful things like suck my dick and we killed your commanders and will kill more of you. I was in shock. Late teens/early 20’s punks and I heard they were mostly Syrian refugees, not actual Palestinians. 

Some of these guy threatened Israeli guys as they were walking to their cars after. Things like I’m gonna rape and kill you. Those guys are getting charged.

Purely disgusting 

Edited by Grandmaster
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I just noticed this thread.

I’m not a big Israel supporter but what I saw a few weeks ago at the Art Gallery (Protest Plaza) was disgusting. I was working and this Palestinian protest was right after the initial Hamas massacre in Israel. This was confusing to me and made no sense. So these guys went at it for hours throughout the afternoon somehow justifying what happened and then they finally dispersed.

At around 6pm there was a much quieter Israel vigil at the same location. I then see about half a dozen Palestinian protesters appear out of nowhere and run towards the crowd. These idiots were laughing at the folks in vigil and said awful things like suck my dick and we killed your commanders and will kill more of you. I was in shock. Late teens/early 20’s punks and I heard they were mostly Syrian refugees, not actual Palestinians. 

Some of these guy threatened Israeli guys as they were walking to their cars after. Things like I’m gonna rape and kill you. Those guys are getting charged.

Purely disgusting 

Thank you for your post. I was at the vigil and know exactly what you are describing. What was also disturbing is that police wouldn't do anything about them. In reality, it was as if they were protecting them. We tried to bring up various reasons - "disturbance of peace", "uttering threats", etc. and all we heard "we could arrest them but we won't be able to prosecute, so we won't arrest them".

• Thanks 1

Just came across this great picture. I don't know who actually said this and it's highly likely that Samuel L. Jackson doesn't even know that his picture was used for this meme. It's just a much better version of another phrase that "even 1000 flies will not convince me that shit is tasty".

image.thumb.png.3d3e7acbe4f554a3f5bc167679586d75.png

43 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Not sure what you mean. I saw a video of 2 girls removing posters of kidnapped Israelis on UBC campus and quickly walking away from a person recording them and asking questions, throwing back the typical "whataboutism" that some in this thread are so fond of.

It's a moral and sympathy fight being displayed through elementary schoolyard politics. 

Neither party legal or illegal in what they've done. Unless you count the posters put up as propaganda or the removal of the posters a hate crime.

Just now, Super19 said:

It's a moral and sympathy fight being displayed through elementary schoolyard politics. 

Neither party legal or illegal in what they've done. Unless you count the posters put up as propaganda or the removal of the posters a hate crime.

Despite what several people are saying here, I refuse to equate Hamas with Israel. It's an immediate end of conversation for me, not worth my breath to even try to convince the other side otherwise. So, I can't say how this is even comparable here. Innocent civilians killed and taken hostage and the whole "whataboutit" crowd is having field day. Zero sympathy for anyone doing something like this and then facing the consequences. Just saw a video of a dentist who was caught on camera doing the same somewhere in the US and subsequently lost his job. Now he's trying to lie though his teeth about his "true intentions"...

• ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Despite what several people are saying here, I refuse to equate Hamas with Israel. It's an immediate end of conversation for me, not worth my breath to even try to convince the other side otherwise. So, I can't say how this is even comparable here. Innocent civilians killed and taken hostage and the whole "whataboutit" crowd is having field day. Zero sympathy for anyone doing something like this and then facing the consequences. Just saw a video of a dentist who was caught on camera doing the same somewhere in the US and subsequently lost his job. Now he's trying to lie though his teeth about his "true intentions"...

I believe based on those girls taking down those posters, you as an employer have the right to not employ them. Especially because I know where you stand. Fair play. 

Where I think you're morally or intellectually wrong, is you choosing not to hire someone who condemns certain actions of the Israeli Govt and Nentanyahu. Just because Hamas should be condemned, does not give Nentanyahus leadership a pass. Unless you're in France. Where there are currently senators trying to pass a 2 yr ban and 100k fine for speaking against the Israeli govt (🙄 France)

I learnt about and witnessed the actions of these guys in the doco 

5 Broken Cameras 

The Musta'ribeen 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/4/10/mustaribeen-israels-agents-who-pose-as-palestinians

They dress and act like Palestinian protesters, throwing rocks at Isreali soldiers, drawing Palestinian protesters closer to the Isreali soldiers until they pull out there guns and arrest some of them. 

While I have no doubt that they do engage in genuine intelligence gathering, the activities described above, well make your own mind up.

Some awful things going on in the world.

Part of the problem in todays age, we can't even trust the news sources to give legitimate information on what is actually happening. I haven't had TV for a decade now, and don't have the interest to filter through all of the media stuff

• ThereItIs 1

Hamas hoarding more than half a million litres of fuel under Gaza hospital: IDF (msn.com)

Hamas hoarding more than half a million litres of fuel under Gaza hospital: IDF

The Israel Defense Force s released on Friday a recording of a call in which a Gaza health official confirms that Hamas is hoarding fuel and has stored more than half a million litres (over 132,000 gallons) under the Shifa Hospital.

The Palestinian then suggests that Hamas has stashed away more than 1 million liters of fuel underground.

“The call confirms that Hamas controls the energy and fuel resources in the Gaza Strip and chooses to direct them for terrorism,” the IDF said in a statement. “Moreover, if fuel is allowed to enter the Gaza Strip, Hamas plans to seize those resources.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

42 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I learnt about and witnessed the actions of these guys in the doco 

5 Broken Cameras 

The Musta'ribeen 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/4/10/mustaribeen-israels-agents-who-pose-as-palestinians

They dress and act like Palestinian protesters, throwing rocks at Isreali soldiers, drawing Palestinian protesters closer to the Isreali soldiers until they pull out there guns and arrest some of them. 

While I have no doubt that they do engage in genuine intelligence gathering, the activities described above, well make your own mind up.

The primary actions of these units are actually in genuine anti-terror and intelligence gathering. What you are describing above is a very small percentage of their jobs. And usually it's not just to catch some kid throwing rocks. The main reason they infiltrate these rock throwing protests is if they have intelligence (not always perfect, I admit) that there will be some bigger fish involved in these events. These are their targets, they look for them in the crowd and extract them. The investment in these guys and girls is way too high to blow their cover on some stone throwing kid.

Edited by RomanPer
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I believe based on those girls taking down those posters, you as an employer have the right to not employ them. Especially because I know where you stand. Fair play. 

Where I think you're morally or intellectually wrong, is you choosing not to hire someone who condemns certain actions of the Israeli Govt and Nentanyahu. Just because Hamas should be condemned, does not give Nentanyahus leadership a pass. Unless you're in France. Where there are currently senators trying to pass a 2 yr ban and 100k fine for speaking against the Israeli govt (🙄 France)

Well, I call it "fitting with company culture". I am very open within my company what I stand for in life and not hiding behind political correctness. I guess it's a benefit of having a private company. I built it from nothing and it's my say who I hire and why. And believe me - I don't have a problem finding good candidates who fit with company culture. Why take an unnecessary risk?

Also, there's a big difference between legitimate criticism and one-sided blame of everything in the conflict on Israel and its government. Majority of protests that I see in the universities is of the second type. Like any serious company, we do a thorough security check on every candidate.

Edited by RomanPer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Well, I call it "fitting with company culture". I am very open within my company what I stand for in life and not hiding behind political correctness. I guess it's a benefit of having a private company. I built it from nothing and it's my say who I hire and why. And believe me - I don't have a problem finding good candidates who fit with company culture. Why take an unnecessary risk?

What if there's a good candidate, a kid that'll make you lots of money, condemns Hamas but also condemns certain actions of Nentanyahus leadership. Is that an auto no from you? 

Just now, Super19 said:

What if there's a good candidate, a kid that'll make you lots of money, condemns Hamas but also condemns certain actions of Nentanyahus leadership. Is that an auto no from you? 

I was editing my post as you were replying 🙂. I have no problem with someone blaming Netanyahu for legitimate fuck ups. I blame his personally for a lot as well. There's a big difference between what you are describing and vast majority of the protests in the universities recently. My security check goes deep enough to understand who is who. Money is not everything in life, especially not at this stage of my life.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I was editing my post as you were replying 🙂. I have no problem with someone blaming Netanyahu for legitimate fuck ups. I blame his personally for a lot as well. There's a big difference between what you are describing and vast majority of the protests in the universities recently. My security check goes deep enough to understand who is who. Money is not everything in life, especially not at this stage of my life.

Gotcha. Fair enough. Do we know what type/line of work you do? I don't mean to intrude, if it's already known to the site then I'm just curious to know but if not I'm sorry for asking. 

34 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

The primary actions of these units are actually in genuine anti-terror and intelligence gathering. What you are describing above is a very small percentage of their jobs. And usually it's not just to catch some kid throwing rocks. The main reason they infiltrate these rock throwing protests is if they have intelligence (not always perfect, I admit) that there will be some bigger fish involved in these events. These are their targets, they look for them in the crowd and extract them. The investment in these guys and girls is way too high to blow their cover on some stone throwing kid.

While as I stated I do believe they are involved in genuine intelligence work their actions in regards to mixing with protesters is well documented.

They encourage the protesters to come closer to the Isreali forces while throwing rocks themselves. 

Video evidence provided in the movie 5 broken cameras. 

Just an ordinary guy, a peasant in his own words, filming over a period of 5 years.

An Isreali helped him direct his movie.

Some of those documentaries I have posted are made by Isrealis, and all contain Isrealis working with Palestinians, and include the testimony of ex IDF personal that have served in the occupied territories.

Pretty damning stuff. 

I have made a point of posting docos that focus on people from both sides of the conflict that strive for peace. 

From people that actually live or have gone and spent time in the occupied territories.

I know that very probably no one watches them, nobody is really interested in the truth. 

Who cares about about a world renowned Ballroom dancer bringing kids together from both sides, teaching them to dance ?

Who cares about Palestinians and Isrealis working together to save a village ?

Let's talk about hate and war instead right ? 

How do you believe the circle of hatred can be broken ?

By focusing on hate, or focusing on those from both sides who work together, trying to find peace.

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

While as I stated I do believe they are involved in genuine intelligence work their actions in regards to mixing with protesters is well documented.

They encourage the protesters to come closer to the Isreali forces while throwing rocks themselves. 

Video evidence provided in the movie 5 broken cameras. 

Just an ordinary guy, a peasant in his own words, filming over a period of 5 years.

An Isreali helped him direct his movie.

Some of those documentaries I have posted are made by Isrealis, and all contain Isrealis working with Palestinians, and include the testimony of ex IDF personal that have served in the occupied territories.

Pretty damning stuff. 

I have made a point of posting docos that focus on people from both sides of the conflict that strive for peace. 

From people that actually live or have gone and spent time in the occupied territories.

I know that very probably no one watches them, nobody is really interested in the truth. 

Who cares about about a world renowned Ballroom dancer bringing kids together from both sides, teaching them to dance ?

Who cares about Palestinians and Isrealis working together to save a village ?

Let's talk about hate and war instead right ? 

How do you believe the circle of hatred can be broken ?

By focusing on hate, or focusing on those from both sides who work together, trying to find peace.

That is not true that no one cares. It's just getting harder and harder to get back to normal after every new terrorist attack. It eats you on the inside. And I applaud anyone who can push the hate, mistrust and fear to the back of their mind and keep on trying. Not everyone is capable of this, though. I believe I also provided countless examples from my personal experience where Jews and Arabs live their lives side by side as friends. There always will be prejudice. It exists everywhere in the world. But there's a huge difference between prejudice and being enemies. I wish we could live in peace with our neighbors.

At the same time, I can't just sit and watch how my country is being blamed for everything, including things that we didn't do or twisted interpretation of historical events (I'm not referring to the topic that you brought up here, it's more about blatant hate from certain other posters). I'm not very good at turning another cheek 🙂 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

That is not true that no one cares. It's just getting harder and harder to get back to normal after every new terrorist attack. It eats you on the inside. And I applaud anyone who can push the hate, mistrust and fear to the back of their mind and keep on trying. Not everyone is capable of this, though. I believe I also provided countless examples from my personal experience where Jews and Arabs live their lives side by side as friends. There always will be prejudice. It exists everywhere in the world. But there's a huge difference between prejudice and being enemies. I wish we could live in peace with our neighbors.

At the same time, I can't just sit and watch how my country is being blamed for everything, including things that we didn't do or twisted interpretation of historical events (I'm not referring to the topic that you brought up here, it's more about blatant hate from certain other posters). I'm not very good at turning another cheek 🙂 

I was young but I clearly remember Munich.

Then decades later watching the movie about how Isreal tracked down some of those responsible.

I grew up with the Red Brigades, Baader Meinhof, the PLO were more active back then. 

I don't blame you at all, I have a great deal of empathy for you, both these wars must be taking a huge toll on your emotional state.

My comments weren't directed at you so much, more at the people who just keep posting about blame, who focus on hatred, that's why I posted those docos, they give one an insight into what the reality of life is in the occupied territories.

I am lucky, I don't know what my ethnicity is, maybe that's why it's easy to just consider myself a human being, sharing this planet with 8 billion other human beings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

before my wife retired she had an office at the OSI clinic there. We never ran into any open anti-semitism on campus, but clearly from this thread alone we can see that otherwise intelligent folks will equate Israel with being the aggressor in this situation and lean away from them. The narrative is a lifework for Hamas who choose to martyr their babies and children (not surprised actually, saw a vid in the last two weeks of a Hamas fighter whipping muslim women out into the street like a herd of goats while he was directly behind them with his AK firing over their heads. its barbaric) because one picture of a dead Gazan Baby is worth 25 of their irrigation tube rockets. 

23 minutes ago, RomanPer said: