Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If you thought the article was rubbish why link it? I thought it was quite revealing. Because It sure does show how people can too easily be manipulated by propaganda. 

All of us can be manipulated. It's why taking a step back and really looking at what we know are facts is so vital.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought the article’s value was how it proved Hamas propaganda was manipulating a lot of people. 

I thought the article itself was an  attempt to manipulate the reader to support Israel's oppressive government policies. 

So much media is written in a very one sided approach with a clear agenda. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

One question for posters...

Would the British have been justified in carpet bombing Belfast in order to kill the leaders of the IRA ?

Sorry, but what does this tangent have to do with Hamas attacking Israel on October 7? 
Maybe start a new thread? It would be an interesting discussion. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Sorry, but what does this tangent have to do with Hamas attacking Israel on October 7? 
Maybe start a new thread? It would be an interesting discussion. 

NIce, I figured most here would not be willing to comment on it.  Trying to justify the killing of innocent civilians is never easy for sure. 

Would the British have been justified in carpet bombing Belfast in order to kill the leaders of the IRA ?

Edited by moosehead

9 minutes ago, moosehead said:

I thought the article itself was an  attempt to manipulate the reader to support Israel's oppressive government policies. 

So much media is written in a very one sided approach with a clear agenda. 

The same could be said for many posts in this thread.

Please don't take that as a personal attack - I'm talking about many posts from many people and includes ones I've made.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, moosehead said:

I don't know. Did the IRA kidnap a few hundred people in a cross-border raid?

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

The question was bait for which the only answer could be  no.

What were we just saying about agendas? 🙂

My only agenda is Peace and no more civilian deaths.    Yes, i agree we all have an agenda. 

So if carpet bombing Belfast during IRA times was unacceptable..  what makes total devastation of Gaza now acceptable ?

IRA terrorists were evil just as Hamas terrorists are....

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 1

More than 100 protesters descended on the Port of Oakland in an attempt to stop a cargo ship which they said was carrying weapons bound for Israel.

The demonstration, organized by the Arab Resource and Organizing Center, went down Friday at the California port

“We’re sending the alarm that the U.S. government is, in fact, sending these weapons to Israel,” AROC press coordinator Wassim Hage told SFGate. “We want people to be aware that the U.S. is going to continue to use our ports to facilitate the genocide of Palestinian people in Gaza.”

https://nypost.com/2023/11/04/news/protesters-storm-port-to-block-military-supplies-for-israel/

10 minutes ago, moosehead said:

My only agenda is Peace and no more civilian deaths.    Yes, i agree we all have an agenda. 

So if carpet bombing Belfast during IRA times was unacceptable..  what makes total devastation of Gaza now acceptable ?

IRA terrorists were evil just as Hamas terrorists are....

Peace is my only agenda as well.

The IRA eventually agreed to a peace accord.   That is what I promote and would like to see more discussions about that rather than listings of ancient and recent transgressions.

How the hell do we achieve that and make it last?   I'll be the first to admit I don't have a clue.  But it will begin with a hand shake and not a fist shake.

BTW - my cheers on the last post appeared before the edit.   I was cheering the peace agenda part.

Peace and cheers.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, moosehead said:

54 minutes ago, moosehead said:

NIce, I figured most here would not be willing to comment on it.  Trying to justify the killing of innocent civilians is never easy for sure. 

No

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Those protesting against Israel should know what Hamas stands for

Women, girls, LGBTQ, believers in free speech, and non-Muslims – they don't want you

https://canoe.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-those-protesting-against-israel-should-know-what-hamas-stands-for/wcm/c22e2229-346c-4cea-b6d2-6029a3dacfe2

These guys are one very nasty bunch. “ARTICLE TWELVE: Women and slaves are talked about in this article – yes, lesser beings like slaves are permitted in the Hamas caliphate, and women are considered lesser beings, too.”

People need to read this Hamas stuff. It really shows their evil ways. 

11 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Those protesting against Israel should know what Hamas stands for

Women, girls, LGBTQ, believers in free speech, and non-Muslims – they don't want you

https://canoe.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-those-protesting-against-israel-should-know-what-hamas-stands-for/wcm/c22e2229-346c-4cea-b6d2-6029a3dacfe2

That's the thing though....

Most of people protesting against Israel's current government  .... also detest Hamas .  Most people are against both of these groups. 

People that protest Israel government.. really just want to  see peace / equality  and better living standards  for Palestinians. 

Why does our media over simplify everything ?  Why does our media need to vilify those that only want peace in the region. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

That's the thing though....

Most of people protesting against Israel's current government  .... also detest Hamas .  Most people are against both of these groups. 

People that protest Israel government.. really just want to  see peace / equality  and better living standards  for Palestinians. 

Why does our media over simplify everything ?  Why does our media need to vilify those that only want peace in the region. 

Palestinians cannot achieve better living standards while Hamas exists.  Whether Israel does it or the Palestinians do themselves, exterminating Hamas will have a price.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Palestinians cannot achieve better living standards while Hamas exists.  Whether Israel does it or the Palestinians do themselves, exterminating Hamas will have a price.

Israel killed 400 people in that refugee camp, that's a horrendous crime. I'm glad most people can see it for the atrocity that it is but world leaders are awfully silent and still giving Israel the green light with no repercussions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Currently Israel is not exterminating Hamas.  Israel is exterminating Palestinian woman and children....

Israel aggression in Gaza is only creating thousands more young Hamas members.  Why do you think Hamas wanted this Israeli  attack in Gaza... ?

Killing will solve nothing. Peace is the only way forward. 

Edited by moosehead

Just now, Super19 said:

Israel killed 400 people in that refugee camp, that's a horrendous crime. I'm glad most people can see it for the atrocity that it is but world leaders are awfully silent and still giving Israel the green light with no repercussions. 

Hamas is even more guilty for using those refugees as human shields and murdering those that flee.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Fine, but how about they don't bomb ambulances, refugee camps, etc.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Fine, but how about they don't bomb ambulances, refugee camps, etc.  

Then why doesn't Hamas stop hiding in them?  The alternative is a full occupation and going door to door executing every terrorist they find.  People would complain about that too.