Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

28 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Those protesting against Israel should know what Hamas stands for

Women, girls, LGBTQ, believers in free speech, and non-Muslims – they don't want you

https://canoe.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-those-protesting-against-israel-should-know-what-hamas-stands-for/wcm/c22e2229-346c-4cea-b6d2-6029a3dacfe2

A protest against Israeli actions or policy is not a protest in support of Hamas any more than a protest against a pipeline across protected lands means you are against driving 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Then why doesn't Hamas stop hiding in them?  The alternative is a full occupation and going door to door executing every terrorist they find.  People would complain about that too.

Hamas' bad behaviour does not excuse Israel's bad behaviour.  They are the ones with high-tech weapons.  They are the ones who should be doing better, not stooping down to Hamas' level.

That's the point.

Be better that those monsters.  Don't become one yourself.

But hey, human shields and collateral damage right.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Thank you.    Yes totally.  I conclude you do not Support Bloody Sunday...   Ooops... maybe you actually do . Yikes.

I stand for peace. 

Let's not go down that road.  If I responded the way I'd like to, I'd be in a timeout courtesy of the mods.  Interpret that how you will.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hamas is even more guilty for using those refugees as human shields and murdering those that flee.

No one is really buying that human shield narrative that the Israeli state and Western Media is using to justify these atrocities. It's just a shame Western world leaders are supporting this. I guarantee you, a country bombing a refugee camp killing 400 lives to take out 1 Hamas isn't justified.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Let's not go down that road.  If I responded the way I'd like to, I'd be in a timeout courtesy of the mods.  Interpret that how you will.

Bloody Sunday deaths total - 13 killed.

Gaza ground invasion - nearing 10,000 killed.

Don't really think the 2 events are very comparable.  Sorry. 

3 minutes ago, Super19 said:

No one is really buying that human shield narrative that the Israeli state and Western Media is using to justify these atrocities. It's just a shame Western world leaders are supporting this. I guarantee you, a country bombing a refugee camp killing 400 lives to take out 1 Hamas isn't justified.  

Human shield rubbish excuse has been used throughout time to justify the genocide / atrocities of innocent civilians.  Vey common strategy. No one  is buying it in 2023.  Luckily people are now more informed. 

Edited by moosehead

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

The biggest thing I've learned out of this conflict is that these two sides absolutely hate each other. Each side sees the other as good for nothing piles of dirt that should be eradicated. The amount of venom spewed is nuts. I knew that they hated each other before but it's way worse than I ever expected. 

For some reason (western propaganda?), i thought the Israelis were on a higher moral level than Hamas but I bet with zero outside pressure, the IDF would love to eradicate Palestine. 

Yes, unfortunately now  Gaza and Israel are both led by extremist groups. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Bloody Sunday deaths total - 13 killed.

Gaza ground invasion - nearing 10,000 killed.

Don't really think the 2 events are very comparable.  Sorry. 

Yous said you didn't recall the British military murdering IRA's civilian relatives.  I provided an example.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

‘We want a ceasefire’, protester in Washington DC says

A Jewish American protester attending a march for Gaza in Washington, DC says President Joe Biden needs to stop funding Israel’s army.

“I’m a human being and I care about the people in Gaza being murdered. I care about genocide going on in the name of Jewish people by Zionists who do not represent Judaism,” he told Al Jazeera.

“I object to the US funding this genocidal war. That’s what we’re doing – it wouldn’t happen if the US did not fund Israel,” he said

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/11/4/israel-hamas-war-live-20-dead-in-israeli-attack-on-school-ministry

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Israel killed 400 people in that refugee camp, that's a horrendous crime. I'm glad most people can see it for the atrocity that it is but world leaders are awfully silent and still giving Israel the green light with no repercussions. 

US leaders are just beginning to dim the green light, at least a tiny bit.   How much of that is from the heart, and how much of it is from fear of losing Michigan votes, I can't say for sure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

The people protesting are mostly pro Hamas.

I would like to see a source for that. Sane human beings don't enjoy watching the deaths of innocent civilians. Trying to paint one side of the other as advocating for evil is inflammatory. 

Edited by Riddikulus
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

US leaders are just beginning to dim the green light, at least a tiny bit.   How much of that is from the heart, and how much of it is from fear of losing Michigan votes, I can't say for sure.

Yes. Politics are dirty. Just like Russia and China both treating their muslim mininorities very poorly....   Now Russia /  China  sides with the Palestianians  because of the need of Iranian military aid.... and cheap middle east  oil. 

Edited by moosehead

45 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Israel killed 400 people in that refugee camp, that's a horrendous crime. I'm glad most people can see it for the atrocity that it is but world leaders are awfully silent and still giving Israel the green light with no repercussions. 

No, Israel didn't. Israel attacked a Hamas tunnel and actually only killed 50 people, predominately young men of military age. This is per Al Jazeera after a few days of the actual event. Reminds a lot of the "500 people dead after Israeli bombing of the hospital", doesn't it?

• Vintage 2

32 minutes ago, Super19 said:

It's not a "narrative" 

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

No, Israel didn't. Israel attacked a Hamas tunnel and actually only killed 50 people, predominately young men of military age. This is per Al Jazeera after a few days of the actual event. Reminds a lot of the "500 people dead after Israeli bombing of the hospital", doesn't it?

It's worth repeating, people need to wait before doing the instant anger thing.

• Like 1