Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

33 minutes ago, Super19 said:

No one is really buying that human shield narrative that the Israeli state and Western Media is using to justify these atrocities. It's just a shame Western world leaders are supporting this. I guarantee you, a country bombing a refugee camp killing 400 lives to take out 1 Hamas isn't justified.  

So, you are ignoring facts? Ok, fine, everything coming from Israel is a lie. October 7th didn't happen. 9/11 is an inside job.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

So, you are ignoring facts? Ok, fine, everything coming from Israel is a lie. October 7th didn't happen. 9/11 is an inside job.

Clearly it is very challenging to take out a terrorist in a high density urban environment.   Using bombs / missiles  to accomplish this will not be easy .

This human shield rubbish just gives Israel IDF an excuse now for all their mistakes and collateral deaths of  innocent  civilians. 

31 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

The biggest thing I've learned out of this conflict is that these two sides absolutely hate each other. Each side sees the other as good for nothing piles of dirt that should be eradicated. The amount of venom spewed is nuts. I knew that they hated each other before but it's way worse than I ever expected. 

For some reason (western propaganda?), i thought the Israelis were on a higher moral level than Hamas but I bet with zero outside pressure, the IDF would love to eradicate Palestine. 

This is rubbish. Again, I'd like to point you to long term peace agreements between Israel and Egypt and Jordan. I also would like to point out the 2 million Arab citizens of Israel with full civil rights. In addition, I'd like to point out that unlike real ethnic cleansings, where the target ethnicity is exterminated, the reality on the ground is that Palestinian population in Gaza and West Bank is increasing significantly since 1948. If Israel wanted to "eradicate Palestine", with all the military options and supposedly only crazies in charge, Israel could have done it 3 times over and twice on Friday.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, moosehead said:

So no answer.  That is what i thought. 

Oh I'm sorry. I thought we were making equivalences. You were trying to make an association with Israeli reaction to what "might have been" a British reaction to a similar instance. Since the IRA never shot up a music festival and took a bunch of civilian hostages I can't tell you whether or not the supposed British response might have been appropriate. If you want to argue in good faith perhaps you could do away with the whataboutisms.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Oh I'm sorry. I thought we were making equivalences. You were trying to make an association with Israeli reaction to what "might have been" a British reaction to a similar instance. Since the IRA never shot up a music festival and took a bunch of civilian hostages I can't tell you whether or not the supposed British response might have been appropriate. If you want to argue in good faith perhaps you could do away with the whataboutisms.

Once thing I learned over the last several weeks is there's no point to even try to answer certain individuals because they will either ignore things they can't answer or turn your answer upside down to fit their narrative. Thank you, Invision, for the Ignore option 🙂 

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, moosehead said:

I don't remember the British military murdering the moms /dads / siblings / children / neighbours / nearby shop owners....  of IRA members... ?

No, because they had the UDF for that. But this is a Hamas/ Israel thread, not "Remember the Irish Troubles" thread

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

This is rubbish. Again, I'd like to point you to long term peace agreements between Israel and Egypt and Jordan. I also would like to point out the 2 million Arab citizens of Israel with full civil rights. In addition, I'd like to point out that unlike real ethnic cleansings, where the target ethnicity is exterminated, the reality on the ground is that Palestinian population in Gaza and West Bank is increasing significantly since 1948. If Israel wanted to "eradicate Palestine", with all the military options and supposedly only crazies in charge, Israel could have done it 3 times over and twice on Friday.

A 2021 report by the Israel Democracy Institute found significant social and economic gaps between Jewish and Arab citizens, with poverty among Arabs more than three times higher.

Arabs are mainly employed in low-income industrial jobs, the report said. They tend to live in overcrowded towns and villages with infrastructure deficiencies and poorer-funded schools.

The danger of weaker oversight on the executive is clear to Palestinian citizens, particularly under a government that has expanded settlements in the occupied West Bank and is made up of senior ministers who whip up sentiment against them, lawmaker Aida Touma-Sliman of the Arab-Jewish Hadash party told Reuters.

Earlier this year the U.S. condemned as incitement to violence comments by Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich that a Palestinian village in the West Bank must be "erased" by Israel.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/arabs-israel-stay-sidelines-raging-democracy-battle-2023-07-26/

14 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

As expected.... thanks

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

In your opinion why is the IDF doing this bombing? 

In my opinion. Israel is bombing 2 million people  Gaza as collective punishment for the horrific Hamas murders of Israeli civilans.

Destroying hospitals, schools and residental apartments.    Destroying the infrastructure. 

A secondary benefit to Israel is to drive out palestinians to maintain the current Israel demographic composition.   Hamas has a very high birthrate. 

Israel want to remain long term as a Jewish / Zionist state.     Pluralism may not be their end goal. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

No, Israel didn't. Israel attacked a Hamas tunnel and actually only killed 50 people, predominately young men of military age. This is per Al Jazeera after a few days of the actual event. Reminds a lot of the "500 people dead after Israeli bombing of the hospital", doesn't it?

Israel dropped six 2,000lb bombs on a Gazan refugee camp. Many women and children are dying. 

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

Garbage.  Anti Israeli protestors are also typically anti Hamas.

Move on please.   Those days of putting people in small boxes are over....    People are now informed. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Actually, you do know the Israeli govt has lied about a lot. Watch Piers Morgan debate with Bassem Yousef , they go over exactly this. It's one of Piers most viewed videos.

Just now, Super19 said:

Israel dropped six 2,000lb bombs on a Gazan refugee camp. Many women and children are dying. 

Let's stay on a very specific piece of information that you explicitly provided - "400 people died in the bombing of the refugee camp". That particular number has been refuted not only by the Israeli sources but also by Al Jazeera. The same was the situation with the bombing of the hospital. If Hamas has been caught in lies and extreme exaggeration of the number of casualties on these 2 occasions, what is the reason to believe any numbers coming from their sources? It's a typical "cry wolf" story, only for some reason it looks like Hamas has a cart blanche on lying.

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, moosehead said:

The stepdaughter of Vice President Harris is publicly raising money for Gaza, The Post has learned.

Ella Emhoff, 24 — whose father, First Gentleman Doug Emhoff, is Jewish — affixed a fundraising drive “supporting urgent relief for Gaza’s children” on her personal Instagram account.

It makes no mention of the scores of Israeli children murdered among the 1,400 innocent Israelis killed by Hamas terrorists on Oct. 7.

Her promotion puts the funding appeal in front of her 315,000 Instagram followers.

The fundraiser, which has netted more than $7.8 million so far, is being operated by the Palestinian Children’s Relief Fund, a nonprofit based in Kent, Ohio, which raked in more than $21 million in 2021,

https://nypost.com/2023/11/04/news/kamala-harris-stepdaughter-ella-emhoff-raising-money-for-gaza/

There is absolutely a need for this, and its awesome!

People are aware of those children, also, who are dead. This does not concern itself with sides, just those victims who can be helped?  Need the most help! 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Let's stay on a very specific piece of information that you explicitly provided - "400 people died in the bombing of the refugee camp". That particular number has been refuted not only by the Israeli sources but also by Al Jazeera. The same was the situation with the bombing of the hospital. If Hamas has been caught in lies and extreme exaggeration of the number of casualties on these 2 occasions, what is the reason to believe any numbers coming from their sources? It's a typical "cry wolf" story, only for some reason it looks like Hamas has a cart blanche on lying.

Well the truth is difficult to get right now... Israel cut power, water, food, medicine off to gaza. No internet etc....

Lack of truth getting out benefits Israel ethic cleansing / war crimes. 

Edited by moosehead

Just now, RomanPer said:

Al Jazeera said at least 50 dead but total number unknown. Numbers from palestine say 400 dead and injured. From the videos alone you can count like 50 bodies in the rubble.

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

Al Jazeera said at least 50 dead but total number unknown. Numbers from palestine say 400 dead and injured. From the videos alone you can count like 50 bodies in the rubble.

Exactly. 50 bodies in the rubble of what used to be Hamas tunnel. 8 times less than 400 reported.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Garbage.  Anti Israeli protestors are also typically anti Hamas.

Move on please.   Those days of putting people in small boxes are over....    People are now informed. 

More hate crimes are committed against jews than any other race.  People are informed and they see it unless you condone that as well.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Garbage.  Anti Israeli protestors are also anti Hamas.

So the Hamas actual doctrine is garbage and not to be believed as their way of living and their goals? 
Those are very nasty beliefs they have. 
Or is this not what they believe and desire? 

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

More hate crimes are committed against jews than any other race.  People are informed and they see it unless you condone that as well.

There is no place in this world for any discrimination.   Thats what we are all asking for.   Freedom and peace for Palestinians.  Equality - end of discrimination and discriminary Israeli government policies. 

Freedom and peace for all humans - all minorities across our globe. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Well the truth is difficult to get right now... Israel cut power, water, food, medicine off to gaza. No internet etc....

Lack of truth getting out benefits Israel ethic cleansing / war crimes. 

Israel or their leaders, like Bibi, are wanting this?