Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Credit to the people of Iran is that they do protest and push back.

They have been for years. They get stomped for it, which is your point, but they keep doing it. 

Iran is a complicated country, lots of bad and lots of beautiful. Their culture and history is something to behold. Still a place where people write poetry. 

It's heartbreaking to see the government they are saddled with

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How are the Palestinian people going to fight against Hamas though? 

That's my question. Hamas has already shown that they're willing to kill and blockade their citizens. Good luck trying to overthrow them.

Sadly peace talks or 2 state agreement conversations can't begin until a moderate party takes control of Palestine.

Edited by Louggy
  • Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Israelis set to demonstrate in support of hostages' families

Protesters are expected to gather in major Israeli cities this evening in support of the families of hostages held by Hamas in Gaza.

Demonstrations are scheduled to take place in several towns and cities, including Haifa, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Be'er Sheva and Eilat, according to Haaretz newspaper.

Four weeks on from the 7 October attack on Israel, Hamas is still holding 241 people hostage, including children, grandparents and other civilians as well as soldiers.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, that there would be no pause in Israel's strikes against Gaza - to allow humanitarian aid into the territory - without the return of the hostages.

Some of the protesters are expected to call for the removal of Netanyahu from his position, says Haaretz.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67305304

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Israelis set to demonstrate in support of hostages' families

Protesters are expected to gather in major Israeli cities this evening in support of the families of hostages held by Hamas in Gaza.

Demonstrations are scheduled to take place in several towns and cities, including Haifa, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Be'er Sheva and Eilat, according to Haaretz newspaper.

Four weeks on from the 7 October attack on Israel, Hamas is still holding 241 people hostage, including children, grandparents and other civilians as well as soldiers.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, that there would be no pause in Israel's strikes against Gaza - to allow humanitarian aid into the territory - without the return of the hostages.

Some of the protesters are expected to call for the removal of Netanyahu from his position, says Haaretz.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67305304

How does this relate to what I asked?

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Personally I don’t want to see these videos, so can you explain (describe) what happened? 

There's many.

Some are showing off the fact they have running water and electricity, mocking the Palestinians that don't.

Some are mocking the Palestinian womens grief after bombs struck their neighborhoods, which are destroying people, schools, homes etc... They are using makeup and to reenact the look of rubble and dust on the face.

Some are parading or mimicking videos of the IDF torturing captured Palestenians.

Some videos of Israeli's cheering on the airstrikes from their apartment views.

This destruction of Gaza is exactly what Nentanyahu wants.

Go see some of Shaun Kings social media posts.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Is the IDF going to build back Gaza for the Palestenians, and lift all the oppressive regime the Israeli state has had over it the past few decades as well?

With Hamas gone then foreign skilled workers can help the Palestinians build new infrastructure. With Hamas there that can’t happen. Hamas would terrorize any help to rebuild and bring the Palestinian people good jobs and better lives. For Hamas to exist they need the people they rule to suffer, so they can then blame the people’s suffering on something other than what they are doing. 
Id love to see a way to remove Hamas that doesn’t cause the Palestinian people suffering. Anyone suggest one? 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Is the IDF going to build back Gaza for the Palestenians, and lift all the oppressive regime the Israeli state has had over it the past few decades as well?

That's possible.  Didn't the US and other countries rebuild Kuwait and Iraq after the war?  Gaza isn't very big.  It's around twice the size of Port Moody.  

What oppressive regime are you referring to?  Gaza has its own government, the territory is being run by terrorists.  They are the ones oppressing their own people by forcing a blockade with Israel and Egypt and using all of its resources for their own needs to continue their terror program...

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Super19 said:

It would be better for them to elect a democratic party into power and manage that themselves

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have zero doubt, Israeli policy & activity have negative impact on life quality for Palestinians outside Israel.

I also believe they will 'Judaize' or attempt to spread their religion. Probably in ways more destructive than having a Mormon ring your doorbell 1st thing Monday morning?

This is where you are absolutely wrong. The only religion in history that not only doesn’t have missionaries but is actually actively refusing to engage in it is Judaism. Also, at 50% of the country in Israel is secular.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, RomanPer said:

This is where you are absolutely wrong. The only religion in history that not only doesn’t have missionaries but is actually actively refusing to engage in it is Judaism. Also, at 50% of the country in Israel is secular.

It's like whack a mole but with facts.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

IF.  If they are not, send them off on the next boat or airplane.  I have zero tolerance for hate crimes.  That's what causes civil unrest.  This country is a melting pot.  We accept everyone.  So, we all need to get along.  If people want to protest then got for it.  Even the convoy people were allowed to protest right?  If they are literally holding up a Swastika in reference to the slaughter of 6 million Jews in Germany, then they need to go bye bye...

What your opponents are also forgetting that only born Canadians can’t be stripped of their citizenship. Naturalized citizen can be stripped of the citizenship.

Edited by RomanPer
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, Super19 said:

There's many.

Some are showing off the fact they have running water and electricity, mocking the Palestinians that don't.

Some are mocking the Palestinian womens grief after bombs struck their neighborhoods, which are destroying people, schools, homes etc... They are using makeup and to reenact the look of rubble and dust on the face.

Some are parading or mimicking videos of the IDF torturing captured Palestenians.

Some videos of Israeli's cheering on the airstrikes from their apartment views.

This destruction of Gaza is exactly what Nentanyahu wants.

Go see some of Shaun Kings social media posts.

Were you just as outraged when videos of Palestinians in Gaza and West Bank celebrating the massacre of October 7th on the streets came out?

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Were you just as outraged when videos of Palestinians in Gaza and West Bank celebrating the massacre of October 7th on the streets came out?

I found the story of Hamas people parading the corpse of a girl, they just decapitated, through the streets was sickening. 

• Sad 1

I really dislike this tit for tat look at the asshat game in this or that protest group. All this does is try to force people to pick a "side."

There's no sides. Theres a terrorist group that attacked one country and holds another region hostage. 

It's very clear what has to happen for any hope for Gaza and it's the same thing to keep Israel safe. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

4 hours ago, Duodenum said:

The biggest thing I've learned out of this conflict is that these two sides absolutely hate each other. Each side sees the other as good for nothing piles of dirt that should be eradicated. The amount of venom spewed is nuts. I knew that they hated each other before but it's way worse than I ever expected. 

For some reason (western propaganda?), i thought the Israelis were on a higher moral level than Hamas but I bet with zero outside pressure, the IDF would love to eradicate Palestine. 

Not all Isrealis and Palestinians hate each other.

In fact some of them can rise above terrible events in their lives and promote peace.

I posted a trailer for this doco yesterday, this is still only a short version, the full version is nearly a hour and a half.

There are so many powerful moments in this film, when one Palestinian is imprisoned for stabbing an Israeli, he states they watched Schindler's list.

Palestinians were crying, he said he started feeling compassion for people he once hated. 

Take some time to be inspired by people who can transcend the events in their lives and watch this movie.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I think I have to make my attempts at sarcasm a bit more obvious, or use /s more often.  Or be funnier.  I try to be sardonic but only make it to sarcastic.

I think you and I are in agreement.  

My point was that so much of this thread seems to be arguments over who has done the most wrong over the years.   If we try to sort that out, it's going to take a while because there has been so much damn past and so much damn wrongdoing.   

Here's to the future.  I want world peace and a jetpack. (a hydrogen powered one)

Jet Pack ?

It's been close to 40 years, I want my freaking hoverboard !