Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1
Message added by Sharpshooter,

THIS THREAD IS MODERATED. 

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE/REPLY WITH PERSONAL INSULTS OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. 

DON’T SAY YOU HAVEN’T BEEN WARNED. 

BE KIND, EMPATHIZE OR USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION. 

~ Your friendly neighbourhood Sniper. 

5 hours ago, BabyCakes said:

Source?

If you give me 1000 dollars with the good faith promise to spend it on food, medicine and clothes for my family but YOU turn around and buy guns and YOU go on a murdering spree killing innocents, are you to blame???

https://www.reuters.com/world/qatar-confirms-6-bln-unfrozen-iranian-funds-transferred-doha-triggering-us-iran-2023-09-18/

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My friend, most conflict in the world is a result of religion. This goes back thousands of years and can never be changed. 

Religion is supposed to make man peaceful and loving. Unfortunately it has done the opposite effect. Humans killing humans like savage animals. 

Do you think this will ever end my friend?  I don’t personally…

What did Einstein say when asked about the weapons WWIII would be fought with? It was something like he said he didn’t know, but he said the wars after would be fought with sticks and stones. 

• Tank 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Looks like lots of deaths and suffering in Gaza.

Israel restricts medical supplies that can  go into Gaza .... so it is looking like a lot of civilians will be killed in gaza.

I think HAMAS said they have 100 hostages. I wonder how those women, children, and elderly are doing? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think HAMAS said they have 100 hostages. I wonder how those women, children, and elderly are doing? 

I am sure not well.    Humans can be so disgusting.   Suffering will be immense.  Such a waste.     A peaceful solution to this conflict must be  attained. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 2

Financial Times reports that "Saudi Arabia stands by Palestinians, crown prince says"

The FT is reporting comments from Saudi Arabian Crown Prince saying that the kingdom stands by Palestinians:H

His remarks are not breaking news, they've been reported elsewhere, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported on Monday:

• Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas have discussed the military escalation in Gaza and its surrounding areas
  • The crown prince reiterated that Saudi Arabia continues to stand by the Palestinian people

An interesting statement given their peace negotiations with Israel are probably what prompted this attack.

2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

While I disagree with some of the parts of this video in that it oversimplifies some of the things, I think for someone without any background, it's not a bad quick history.

I was gonna say, I don't think there is enough bandwidth for a complete objective history of the region/situation. 

10 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Just putting on my moderator hat for a friendly reminder to all of you good people in this thread:

These are horrifying situations and I know everyone here would wish for peace and prosperity for all involved.

Let's treat each other with a bit of decorum as we discuss these troubling and emotional global situations.

Thank you.

P.O>

I've always wondered what a "Moderator Hat" looks like.....I picture something like this:

image.jpeg.2049984864e24f72ca4e5e9072b5660f.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I know I keep banging on about this and I will continue to.

We are all our people.

We are all human beings.

What's so special about being a Australian ?

What's so special about being a Jew/ Isreali ?

What's so special about being a Canadian ?

We all be traced back to the same place in Africa.

We all want the same things, food on the table, a safe environment for our loved ones.

Again F#ck Nationalism.

Now I know why I like you so much!

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I've always wondered what a "Moderator Hat" looks like.....I picture something like this:

image.jpeg.2049984864e24f72ca4e5e9072b5660f.jpeg

I was thinking it'd be more like this:

71lD3IgLY-L._AC_UX385_.jpg

... ie. lurking in the crowd until they spot something needing attention, and then wabash like a cannonball, out comes the hammer!  :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Just putting on my moderator hat for a friendly reminder to all of you good people in this thread:

These are horrifying situations and I know everyone here would wish for peace and prosperity for all involved.

Let's treat each other with a bit of decorum as we discuss these troubling and emotional global situations.

Thank you.

P.O>

I second that. 

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

@RomanPer Looks like the police did show up. However they actually arrested the guy who was protesting the protesters…

I think if this guy was on the other side of the street, he could have yelled talking points all day long.  He was probably asked to move on or go to the other side of the street and obviously didn't.  He was the aggressive one.  The pro-Palestinian people were waving their flags, handing out candy, and chanting.  They weren't obstructing the street.  Causing damage to anything.  In that video, the only one who brought up Hamas was the Unhinged white guy.

So the cops got the right one in cuffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Right from the horses mouth:

The son of one of the founders of Hamas:

”Hamas is not seeking coexistence and compromise.  Hamas is seeking conquest and taking over. And by the way, the destruction of the State of Israel is not  Hamas final destination. Hamas final destination is building the Islamic caliphate, which means an Islamic state under rule of every other civilization”. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Financial Times reports that "Saudi Arabia stands by Palestinians, crown prince says"

The FT is reporting comments from Saudi Arabian Crown Prince saying that the kingdom stands by Palestinians:H

His remarks are not breaking news, they've been reported elsewhere, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported on Monday:

• Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas have discussed the military escalation in Gaza and its surrounding areas
  • The crown prince reiterated that Saudi Arabia continues to stand by the Palestinian people

An interesting statement given their peace negotiations with Israel are probably what prompted this attack.

Wow! I imagine the American administration will be pissed over those comments.

6 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I think if this guy was on the other side of the street, he could have yelled talking points all day long.  He was probably asked to move on or go to the other side of the street and obviously didn't.  He was the aggressive one.  The pro-Palestinian people were waving their flags, handing out candy, and chanting.  They weren't obstructing the street.  Causing damage to anything.  In that video, the only one who brought up Hamas was the Unhinged white guy.

Come on man. Just say the unhinged guy stop with this nonsense.

7 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

So basically no freedom of speech. The white dude can’t protest the protestors?  

Imagine what would have happened to Muslims in America if they had showed up in support of the Saudi people after 9/11…

2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I'm not really sure where you are going with this. Are you saying that it's ok to kill the 7 million that live in Israel because there are Jews in New York and Miami? Is that what you are calling "major blow"?

Try not to think of the worst of others when they share an opinion. 

I too, as you know have been critical of Bibi and his policies for some time. 

However, you know that I respect and adamantly support the right to freedom and security for both the Israelis and Palestinians. 

The average person of both countries is an innocent. It’s the policies of those in charge and those outside actors that are the cause of such indiscriminate bloodshed. 

Try not to take all opinions as anti-Israel or just pro-Palestinian. There’s always nuance. Assume the best of others and question to see if their motives come from a genuine place. 

If you have any issues, please report it. I get that this is a trying time for you and your family and friends. As is what’s occurring in Ukraine. 

Slava Ukrainii, Im Tirtzu, Ein zo Agadah, and May Peace Be Upon Palestine. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So basically no freedom of speech. The white dude can’t protest the protestors?  

Imagine what would have happened to Muslims in America if they had showed up in support of the Saudi people after 9/11…

I imagine you are just doing that because destroyer did that, but let's stop with pointing out the colour of his skin. Like Morgan Freeman said "stop talking about it." I didn't watch your video as I was just scrolling through this thread but if he was just shouting I mean yeah he didn't break any law. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I imagine you are just doing that because destroyer did that, but let's stop with pointing out the colour of his skin. Like Morgan Freeman said "stop talking about it." I didn't watch your video as I was just scrolling through this thread but if he was just shouting I mean yeah he didn't break any law. 

Yes he was shouting at them and telling them they were terrorists and supporting the killing of innocent women and children. They were laughing back at him. 

If the protests are legal then the protesting of the protesters should be legal too. What law did he break? Breach of peace?  You can arrest anyone for a breach of peace if they are yelling on the street. Happens every day in Vancouver. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Right from the horses mouth:

The son of one of the founders of Hamas:

”Hamas is not seeking coexistence and compromise.  Hamas is seeking conquest and taking over. And by the way, the destruction of the State of Israel is not  Hamas final destination. Hamas final destination is building the Islamic caliphate, which means an Islamic state under rule of every other civilization”. 

There is no doubt that Hamas is a shit group and deserves to be hung every last one of them but it's the innocent Palestinians that'll end up paying the biggest price and hamas will just go underground.

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes he was shouting at them and telling them they were terrorists and supporting the killing of innocent women and children. They were laughing back at him. 

If the protests are legal then the protesting of the protesters should be legal too. What law did he break? Breach of peace?  You can arrest anyone for a breach of peace if they are yelling on the street. Happens every day in Vancouver. 

Don't you have to be told to stop before you can be charged with breach of peace? 

Edit: @Elias Pettersson there must be a city by law that allows for this because honestly under the Charter He has the freedom of expression so just for making noise midday you shouldn't be arrested for that.

Edited by Ryan Strome