Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

22 minutes ago, moosehead said:

1) Supporting  allies that are committing genocide is not a position i think most educated / well informed canadians can support. 

2)  I want to live in a country that supports equality, freedom, peace, respect of all others regardless of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender  or religion. 

1) Supporting allies is the Canadian official position.  You could write your MP to voice your opinion.

2) Sounds like Canada to me.

10 minutes ago, moosehead said:

He is quite the "Leader"

Speaking to foreign ambassadors, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sought to frame the war in Gaza as a “global battle” against an “axis of terror” led by Iran.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/11/6/israel-hamas-live-news-communications-blackout-across-gaza

I am no fan of Bibi but are you saying that Iran's involvement is impossible?

Just now, Satchmo said:

I am no fan of Bibi but are you saying that Iran's involvement is impossible?

Clearly Iran is likely involved... but his inability to accept any Israeli government responsibility is pretty disturbing. How dumb does he think people are ?

The whole world knows this conflict is due to both /sides  parties extreme policies. 

Just now, moosehead said:

Clearly Iran is likely involved... but his inability to accept any Israeli government responsibility is pretty disturbing. How dumb does he think people are ?

The whole world knows this conflict is due to both /sides  parties extreme policies

I would likely agree to some degree to your last sentence.

I wonder though, if that is your view, why you seem to be taking only one side?

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I would likely agree to some degree to your last sentence.

I wonder though, if that is your view, why you seem to be taking only one side?

Not true at all.  I consistently say Hamas and Israel gov are both at fault.  

The thing though is that Israel  government has way more resources  / international power to solve this conflict.  Thus, Israel has more responsibility to get this conflict solved...

Edited by moosehead

53 minutes ago, moosehead said:

The thing though is that Israel  government has way more resources  / international power to solve this conflict.  Thus, Israel has more responsibility to get this conflict solved...

I can't agree....   

edit/addendum - And I still think your posts are pretty one sided. 

Edited by Satchmo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I am not into horse racing at all however today was Melbourne Cup day, one of the most famous horse races in the world.

I was reasonably certain there would be some form of protest about the conflict and I was correct.

What strikes me as somewhat ironic, is that the name of the horse that won the race is, Without A Fight 

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/without-a-fight-wins-melbourne-cup-as-pro-palestinian-protesters-cause-disruption/j753xwalw

• Like 1

Just because?

Hamas did what they did to Israeli Grandmothers, kids, families.  I have empathy for why Israel is mad! Nooses of justices that should be tightened, allowed loose, constantly justified that more frightening crimes were being committed. Then compounded, or heaped on top of itself Oct 7th in escalation. A witch hunt, pilgrimage for a faith, I'll suggest Islam as many find a call for action within, that does not actually call for slaughter.    

It means not that Israeli reaction is just, fair, or even reasonable. This video made me shed a tear, question my life?  Even if this video is a tame discussion of the hardship retaliation has caused. Hamas is not brought to justice by attack on Haza. The people in the middle are much braver than those willing to to exhort vengeance.    

Restraint.  

Please, please!

Restraint!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Canuckle said:

You don't find many reputable academics who agree with that statement.

The former on the other hand...

Reputable scholars from where about Hamas; Al Azhar University? I am being sarcastic, even top Islamic colleges suggest, perhaps, you don't understand. 

Hamas has a standing claim, since their induction. Not just a justification? An obligation of every Mozlem to remove the state of Israel from existence. For all the rhetoric about Israeli crimes, their 'genocidal' activities'.  Claims that Israel in parts are very real. It makes no difference, zero to Hamas! Israel has no right to exist as it does. Its based on religion; 1500 years ago Muhammad rose from the West Bank. No one else has the right to live in Palestine? 

When they study history, scripture. Islamic & Muslim academics. This is a conclusion referred. Yet most scholars, even in Arabic, Islamic, Muslim universities, would never report, suggest that death, killing, war is the way to find respectful prayer for what you believe in. That other religions, traditions do not have a right to exist.  This bend of history, higher learning as you call it, is doctrine of Hamas. Scholars, hell the UN, question settlements and international borders. I agree with these concerns.

Even those scholars do not agree with Hamas.

In a multicultural world, for example in Canada, the rights of different religions are respected, protected.  1500 years before Muhammad this was a site holy to Jews. 500 years before a holy land for Christians, Jesus was born in the West Bank.  

Yeah, dudn't matter bro. GTFO...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, moosehead said:

Hamas doesn't stand alone. How is Israel supposed to solve Hamas when Iran and Qatar are giving them billions of dollars to ensure a peace deal never happens.

Right before hamas came into power Israel offered total peace deals that saw the Palestinians get 97 and 95%, with extra land swaps from Israel.

I don't think people realize how close to a deal things were before hamas, and its international backers, messed things up.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-november-7-2023/

Pretty sad Hamas gunned down its own citizens trying to flee to the south.  But I guess some people in the west were believing that Hamas was a legit humantarian identity that could negotiate for peace.  Hamas would never use human shields right?  It seems like a civil place which Hamas deserves mass freedom from the "river to the sea".

Edited by bolt
  • Like 1

Well, here is some good news, but it makes me wonder what they were doing there. Are they dual citizenship holders, only using Canada's passport when things get rough?

4 minutes ago

The first group of Canadians was evacuated from the Gaza Strip to Egypt

9 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I can't agree....   

edit/addendum - And I still think your posts are pretty one sided. 

You are entitled to your opinion.

I am just happy to live a country that that does NOT abuse it's minorities, and all its citizens live free no matter what ethnicity or religion they choose to practise.

Edited by moosehead

IDF opened a safe corridor for civilians to move south from the North Gaza area, and the IDF has moved up the coast from the Highway 10 'line' separating the north from the south, have almost completely now taken the coastline and several city blocks away from Hamas in the north. An IDF General stated that Israeli Troops are active in the heart of Gaza City now, while the Al Quuds brigades have stated they are ready to free their hostages, but hostilities prevent that from happening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Taxi said:

Hamas doesn't stand alone. How is Israel supposed to solve Hamas when Iran and Qatar are giving them billions of dollars to ensure a peace deal never happens.

Right before hamas came into power Israel offered total peace deals that saw the Palestinians get 97 and 95%, with extra land swaps from Israel.

I don't think people realize how close to a deal things were before hamas, and its international backers, messed things up.

Are you saying Israel offer to re-settle all Palestinians that have been booted off their lands ?

Is this what you are saying ?

Just now, moosehead said:

I also think you only see one side in this conflict and tend to victim blame..

I can't agree...

Have you read what I have been posting?  Can you find me an instance where I blame victims?  

BTW- I don't really  expect you or anyone else to have read all I post, but I don't think you will find much beyond a hope for a lasting peace.  And a call to my fellow members to stop nattering.  (as we seem to be doing now}

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That poster has been taking the same side for the last 180 pages.  Don't let them fool you into believing they are neutral in this conflict...

I have 100% of the time said both sides are led by extremists.   

I am different view than others.  I am against the bombing of civilians at all times.   I am against cutting off water, power , electricity to civilians at all times.

Collective punishment is a terrible crime. 

If people think i have a strange view, understand that i also think others have a VERY strange view. 

Protests not allowed .....?  

Israel police ban on Gaza war protests challenged

Adalah – the Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel – says it petitioned the Supreme Court to cancel a police decision to ban protests in solidarity with Gaza.

Israeli police earlier decided not to grant permits for protests scheduled for this week in the Palestinian towns of Umm al-Fahm and Shakhnin in Israel.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/11/7/israel-hamas-war-live-one-month-of-conflict-10000-dead-in-gaza

9 minutes ago, moosehead said:

I have 100% of the time said both sides are led by extremists.   

I am different view than others.  I am against the bombing of civilians at all times.   I am against cutting off water, power , electricity to civilians at all times.

Collective punishment is a terrible crime. 

If people think i have a strange view, understand that i also think others have a VERY strange view. 

If that is your main point, then run with it.  You may find more people agreeing with you.

As it is, you seem to be just bouncing from one thing to another as long as it is anti Israel.

• ThereItIs 1