Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

5 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

The vast majority of academic community agrees genocide is being perpetrated by the Israel state on Palestinians.

People can have their "alternative facts" all they want. Lol

It was a joke.  

But now that I'm in this...

The vast majority of academic community agrees genocide is being perpetrated by the Israel state on Palestinians.

Says who?

Edited by Satchmo
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Riddikulus said:

Of course they do, to even make such a statement just shows your naivety. Dead Palestinians means less opposition when Israel comes in and eventually expropriates land to build more settlements. 

In addition, war and terror, creates even more dissidents. Israel is helping create the next generation of oppressed, traumatized humans to become resistance fighters. Their own acts over the past 60 years have helped "Hamas" grow. I mean how could it not.

And yep. Nothing better than having a threat to justify continued land grabs, territory expansion, oppression, and genocide.

We'll just have to wait and see how much new occupied land Israel comes out with this time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

In addition, war and terror, creates even more dissidents. Israel is helping create the next generation of oppressed, traumatized humans to become resistance fighters. Their own acts over the past 60 years have helped "Hamas" grow. I mean how could it not.

And yep. Nothing better than having a threat to justify continued land grabs, territory expansion, oppression, and genocide.

We'll just have to wait and see how much new occupied land Israel comes out with this time.

I blame Heavy Metal and video games.    Cell phones don't help either.

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

It was a joke.  

But now that I'm in this...

Says who?

Says the vast majority of peer reviewed journal articles written on the subject.

The vast majority of experts agree that Israel has been commiting genocide against Palestinians.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

Gaza is ‘running out of time’ UN experts warn, demanding a ceasefire to prevent genocide

GENEVA (2 November 2023) – Time is running out to prevent genocide and humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza, UN experts warned today, expressing deep frustration with Israel’s refusal to halt plans to decimate the besieged Gaza strip.

“We remain convinced that the Palestinian people are at grave risk of genocide,” the experts said. “The time for action is now. Israel’s allies also bear responsibility and must act now to prevent its disastrous course of action,” they said.

https://www.un.org/unispal/document/gaza-is-running-out-of-time-un-experts-warn-demanding-a-ceasefire-to-prevent-genocide/#:~:text=to prevent genocide-,Gaza is 'running out of time'

That article says the UN is demanding a ceasefire in order to “prevent” a genocide. It doesn’t state that a genocide is actually happening like you have stated over 50 times. 

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Question how many wraps of tinfoil do I need on this hat to protect me?

At least 5, right?

I've heard from some 17 is the answer to everything.  Others say 42.

15 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Says the vast majority of peer reviewed journal articles written on the subject.

The vast majority of experts agree that Israel has been commiting genocide against Palestinians.

I will need further proof on the vast majority part.  So far it sounds like an opinion.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That article says the UN is demanding a ceasefire in order to “prevent” a genocide. It doesn’t state that a genocide is actually happening like you have stated over 50 times. 

That particular article maybe. But this is far from a new concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_genocide_accusation

If you have access to any geopolitical peer reviewed journal articles you can find tons that say genocide has been peepetrated by the Israeli state on Palestinians for decades and decades.

1 hour ago, Riddikulus said:

As if anyone has been neutral in this thread. If neutrality was so prevalent in this thread and @moosehead was the only one being one-sided then we wouldn't have seen more infractions and deleted posts than just about every thread combined on this forum and there wouldn't be a big red banner each time we enter this thread.  Can we name even one poster who has actually switched "side" in the last 180 pages?

Neutrality is just straddling the fence anyway due to a reluctance to have people question your ideas and thoughts. Not sure we have anyone in this thread who really fits that description, seems like most people have strong opinions on this subject who seem to be deeply entrenched in their position. @moosehead is no different, seems like what we all have in common is the thought that less civilians suffer as a result of this conflict Where we disagree is where to assign blame for where we are today and what is the path going forward. 

Yes but moose head claimed he “was” being neutral. No one else has ever made that claim. That’s the difference. 

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I've heard from some 17 is the answer to everything.  Others say 42.

I will need further proof on the vast majority part.  So far it sounds like an opinion.

42. How many rolls is that?

K. The problem with your charge is that you're asking for me to post every single academic journal article link over the past...say....30 years?

The original point was that you can find vastly vastly more peer reviewed articles stating Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians than you can the counter bs "Palestinians are committing genocide against Israelis."  A demonstrably false claim.

But I mean you can believe what you want and can do your own digging. No skin off my teeth.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

42. How many rolls is that?

K. The problem with your charge is that you're asking for me to post every single academic journal article link over the past...say....30 years?

The original point was that you can find vastly vastly more peer reviewed articles stating Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians than you can the counter bs "Palestinians are committing genocide against Israelis."  A demonstrably false claim.

But I mean you can believe what you want and can do your own digging. No skin off my teeth.

I'd say that if you can't back it up it probably should not be said.  Not stated as a fact anyway.  Nothing wrong with a good IMHO every now and then.

Edit:

I just re-read what you posted above:

Yes, that is a demonstrably false clam and not one I would counter.  But it is not the original point, which was this:

That's the line I think has to either be backed up or left unsaid.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

So the guy that was attempting to cut off the head of a wounded individual with a garden hoe is a resistance fighter?

Victim was Thai, not even Jewish, just some poor sap trying to make money by gardening.

7 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

That particular article maybe. But this is far from a new concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_genocide_accusation

If you have access to any geopolitical peer reviewed journal articles you can find tons that say genocide has been peepetrated by the Israeli state on Palestinians for decades and decades.

Every country performs genocide on the other party during a time of war. Genocidal activity has been around for over 3000 years. This war isn’t any different than all of the other wars. 

So not sure why you are trying to make an argument that the Israeli state is somehow doing something different than every other country during a time of war. 

Also, the Palestinians along with several other Arab countries fought the Israelis in 1948 for the land that is now called Israel. They also committed genocide by killing over 6000 Jews. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

UN defined genocide as any of five "acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group". These five acts were: killing members of the group, causing them serious bodily or mental harm, imposing living conditions intended to destroy the group, preventing births, and forcibly transferring children out of the group. 

I would argue the bolded one might be applicable by their definition. Even though their main goal is the destruction of Hamas. 

I'd argue that's going beyond the scope of the definition. If you are correct, then trying to remove ISIS from Afghanistan was also genocide.

1 hour ago, Canuckle said:

Oh... that's all they've been doing the past 60 years eh.  Just getting rid of Hamas. That's it. That's all.  Nothing to see here.

No, they haven't. Check the population growth numbers for Gaza and report back. 

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

As I repeat, the problem with your charge is that you're asking for me to post every single academic journal article link over the past...say....30 years?

Apparently you are.

Unreasonable expectations as a basis for denial is... an interesting approach.

No, I am not asking that because I know it's impossible to do.

It is that impossibility itself that keeps me from accepting your statement as fact, and puts to question you're right to state it as fact.

Think it over.  Maybe we will talk later.

22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

So if you have a fact, post the evidence.

Just say it's your opinion if that's what it is, that's valid.

Says the guy with no evidence to deny? Yes, it's a fact. As I told @Satchmo are you expecting I dreg up every peer reviewed journal article over the past, say, 30 years stating the Israeli state is committing genocide on Palestinians. And then compare it to those that say the counter to be conclusive evidence? Get a grip. And you'd still deny it anyway even if I did. I don't know you personally but I already know that much from our interactions over the past month or so. Page after  page, thread after thread.

You're gonna believe whatever you want regardless of what evidence is presented to the contrary.

Meh

Edited by Canuckle
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You do whatever you need to justify your posts  the last 100 pages...

I consistently  post  for peace and safety for innocent civilians. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Says the guy with no evidence to deny? Yes, it's a fact. As I told @Satchmo are you expecting I dreg up every peer reviewed journal article over the past, say, 30 years stating the Israeli state is committing genocide on Palestinians. And then compare it to those that say the counter to be conclusive evidence? Get a grip. And you'd still deny it anyway even if I did. I don't know you personally but I already know that much from our interactions over the past month or so. Page after  page, thread after thread.

Some people just want to ignore the reality of what is actually happening. Maybe it is self preservation.

I am trying to give them space and let them live in their own reality.  Maybe it is what they need in their  life at this time.

Let us keep hoping for peace and safety for civilians.  Lets keep hoping for peace , justice and freedom for Palestinian people - they deserve the same peace and freedom of what we have.   All humans in all countries  are equal regardless of race, religion , gender or sexuality.    

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

So the guy that was attempting to cut off the head of a wounded individual with a garden hoe is a resistance fighter?

Victim was Thai, not even Jewish, just some poor sap trying to make money by gardening.

Not sure how I feel about "not even Jewish" part... I know you didn't mean it that way, just look at it from my perspective.

• Huggy Bear 1