Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This guy is literally making shit up with zero evidence to back up his false premise...

The Israeli state has “loosened” its military rules of engagement, essentially giving its soldiers the green light to kill anyone they encounter inside the Gaza Strip as part of their ground operations. Israeli politicians and soldiers are talking openly about turning Gaza into dust, eliminating Palestinians, and imagining Israeli settlers living on land that used to be called Gaza.

Palestinians are being encouraged to leave their lands and homes in northern Gaza and head towards the south – Israel clearly wants to colonise northern Gaza and turn it into a security or military zone, permanently expelling the Palestinians who currently live there.

Got any evidence to counter his claims?

An article by Professor Ayyash: author of A Hermeneutics of Violence (UTP, 2019), and a policy analyst at Al-Shabaka, the Palestinian Policy Network, and Professor of Sociology at Mount Royal University, currently writing a book on settler colonial sovereignty.

How about you?

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This guy is literally making shit up with zero evidence to back up his false premise...

The Israeli state has “loosened” its military rules of engagement, essentially giving its soldiers the green light to kill anyone they encounter inside the Gaza Strip as part of their ground operations. Israeli politicians and soldiers are talking openly about turning Gaza into dust, eliminating Palestinians, and imagining Israeli settlers living on land that used to be called Gaza.

Palestinians are being encouraged to leave their lands and homes in northern Gaza and head towards the south – Israel clearly wants to colonise northern Gaza and turn it into a security or military zone, permanently expelling the Palestinians who currently live there.

I like that he has a job at a university in the "imperial west" 😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You can't have genocide for decades and decades. This is getting ridiculous.

I think this just comes down to how you feel about Israel and you just say stuff .

Purdue Pharma, with the CIA's help,  created a slow release genocide capsule.   It's considered more safe and effective.   They have been testing it in various parts of the world for decades.  I think we can draw our own conclusions.

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Purdue Pharma, with the CIA's help,  created a slow release genocide capsule.   It's considered more safe and effective.   They have been testing it in various parts of the world for decades.  I think we can draw our own conclusions.

Well there it is, 4/5 academics agree.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think this just comes down to how you feel about Israel and you just say stuff .

Yes, you absolutely can.

Just as you can kill someone with toxic chemicals over a long period of time. Just because death doesn't happen right away all at once and in the most extreme explicit ways doesn't mean it isn't happening.

No different here.

And no, my conclusions here are not drawn from emotion. Yes, I'm inherently critical of all states due to the political philosophy i subscribe to, but the critiques are still grounded in reason... whether you understand it or agree with it or not.  And to that again I state we've been down this path many times before. Page after page, thread after thread.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You can argue Nentanyahu has been planning/dreaming of getting rid of Palestinians and taking Gaza for decades.

4 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Yes, you absolutely can.

Just as you can kill someone with toxic chemicals over a long period of time. Just because death doesn't happen right away all at once and in the most extreme explicit ways doesn't mean it isn't happening.

No different here.

And no, my conclusions here are not drawn from emotion. Yes, I'm inherently critical of all states due to the political philosophy i subscribe to, but the critiques are still grounded in reason... whether you understand it or agree with it or not.  And to that again I state we've been down this path many times before. Page after page, thread after thread.

Maybe I'd understand it better if you posted some evidence.

But whatever, your position is quite clear.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And? We can theorize on many things.

None of this happens if Hamas doesn't attack.

Yes, theorize, critical think. Where were the weapons of mass destruction? And you you know this wasn't the first strike in this decades long conflict, your narrative almost no person on the street agrees with, so why try it?

30 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

An article by Professor Ayyash: author of A Hermeneutics of Violence (UTP, 2019), and a policy analyst at Al-Shabaka, the Palestinian Policy Network, and Professor of Sociology at Mount Royal University, currently writing a book on settler colonial sovereignty.

How about you?

The author may well speak the truth but I see no guarantee of that based solely on his credentials.   

I suspect he would be a very good source for you to get some quotes though.  

Edited by Satchmo
typo

Interesting read if you get tired of the chicken and egg debate here on the forum....

TEL AVIV — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu may be digging in for a “long and difficult war” but former leader Ehud Barak fears Israel has only weeks left to eliminate Hamas, as public opinion — most significantly in the U.S. — rapidly swings against its attacks on Gaza.

In an exclusive interview with POLITICO, the former prime minister and chief of the Israel Defense Forces also suggested a multinational Arab force could have to take control of Gaza after the military campaign, to help usher in a return of Mahmoud Abbas’ Palestinian Authority to take over from Hamas. Even with that change of the political order in Gaza, however, Barak stressed the return to diplomacy aimed at the creation of a Palestinian state was a very remote prospect.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ehud-barak-israel-palestine-war-hamas-global-opinion-sours/

9 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Yes, theorize, critical think. Where were the weapons of mass destruction? And you you know this wasn't the first strike in this decades long conflict, your narrative almost no person on the street agrees with, so why try it?

Which street?

And with 'Weapons of mass destruction' are you talking about Iraq?

• Like 1

“Listen to the public tone — and behind doors it is a little bit more explicit. We are losing public opinion in Europe and in a week or two we’ll start to lose governments in Europe. And after another week the friction with the Americans will emerge to the surface,” Barak said.

That doesn’t mean Israel should or can rush into revived negotiations over a two-state solution, he cautioned. Getting back to the era of when he was negotiating with Arafat might not be possible, for a very long time.

“History does not repeat itself. So I do not think that something exactly like that can be repeated. But as Mark Twain used to say, history can rhyme.”

He added: “It won’t happen quickly, and it will take time. Trust on all sides has gone – the distrust has only deepened.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/ehud-barak-israel-palestine-war-hamas-global-opinion-sours/

44 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

How about you?

So, I need to provide evidence to debunk his fake claims?  Maybe the Professor needs to actually back up everything he wrote.  He literally made a whole bunch of claims with zero evidence.

Where is the proof that the IDF has been given the green light to kill all Palestinians they encounter as part of their ground operations?  I don't need to counter his claim because he literally just made that shit up...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Israel is commiting active genocide against Palestinians. And yes, you fill find the vast majority of academics around the world agree with this. Most any reputable peer reviewed journal article says the same thing. You won't, on the other hand, find many reputable claims of the contrary. This was the original argument. What is it you are trying to argue?

Regardless, we all have eyes and ears here.

One needs only look at who is displacing who. Who comes in with bulldozers and tanks and throws people from their homes in true settler colonialism fashion.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settler_colonialism

Oh, people can rationalize, spin things anyway they want to support  horrendous things. This is no different.

Yes, the Israeli state has been committing genocide against Palestinians. And nothing you or I or anyone else here says changes that.

Thanks for the reply

So for Isreal to be committing genocide on the Palestinian people that means there should be less of them right ?

From 1992 to 2022 the Palestinian population in Palestine has increased by 1.98 million people.

These are a bit dated but the population has been growing at the expected rate.

If it continues there will be a range of problems the Palestinian people will face.

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-israel-united-nations-palestinian-territories-gaza-strip-0b9fbb989fc2411495afd811da4ac6d0 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-population-idUSKBN1491QJ 

Note the projections for 2050 ?

And if you haven't seen my posts condemning the illegal settlements, I condemn them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, I need to provide evidence to debunk his fake claims?  Maybe the Professor needs to actually back up everything he wrote.  He literally made a whole bunch of claims with zero evidence.

Where is the proof that the IDF has been given the green light to kill all Palestinians they encounter as part of their ground operations?  I don't need to counter his claim because he literally just made that shit up...

Didn't Nentanyahu say something like anyone in Northern Gaza after x amount of time will be considered a terrorist? Or something like that?

And well forget the ground invasion, they had the green light for airstrikes and can you tell me how many women children and elderly died? A lot.

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

Credentials are a damn good starting point thats for sure... especially considering the nature of social media today.

The problem is people speaking with  zero credibility, acting like they're on equal footing when they really aren't in a position to speak.

I'm sure a person of logic like yourself  can understand that?

For example I'd have no place to speak about coding in C++ or some shit. That's simply not my area of expertise. But you would because it is for you.

How much time does a person have to spend studying a certain discipline to gain that level of credibility, or rather, prestige? There's a process there as well. I trust the opinions of my medical professional for medical advice. Don't you?

I am not saying I know this guys stuff, I'm only pointing out the sad fact that not all academics know their stuff.   Even the ones at Universities writing papers.

Todays NYT:

Nature, one of the most prestigious journals in scientific publishing, on Tuesday retracted a high-profile paper it had published in March that claimed the discovery of a superconductor that worked at everyday temperatures.

It was the second superconductor paper involving Ranga P. Dias, a professor of mechanical engineering and physics at the University of Rochester in New York State, to be retracted by the journal in just over a year. It joined an unrelated paper retracted by another journal in which Dr. Dias was a key author.