Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

As two groups of people who have hated each other for close to 100 years, I think it will be with a very strong hand if Israel is able to achieve this, while pissing off all their neighbors to the point Iran gets involved more.    

I think Israel doesn't give 2 shits about pissing off its neighbors or anyone else outside of Israel, quite honestly. If Israel was looking for everyone's approval, Israel wouldn't survive for these 75 years

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I think Israel doesn't give 2 shits about pissing off its neighbors or anyone else outside of Israel, quite honestly. If Israel was looking for everyone's approval, Israel wouldn't survive for these 75 years

Pissing off too many people can have real world consequences when it comes to trade and additional security risks. Especially when your neighbors are known for being associated with terrorist groups. 

8 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

As two groups of people who have hated each other for close to 100 years, I think it will be with a very strong hand if Israel is able to achieve this, while pissing off all their neighbors to the point Iran gets involved more.    

Israel cannot afford to care whether Palestinians or Iranians hate them. Their survival is at stake. Iran has to worry more about a pre-emptive Israeli strike on their nuke facilities than Iran attacking them. What are the Iranians going to do march an army across Iraq and Syria to attack Israel? Not much chance of that. Using Palestinians lives is much cheaper.  

• ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to the definition that was posted, yes...

obama2.gif

Which is why that definition is garbage. It is only useful to the UN and there would be a lot of evidence gathering and courts or whatever they use to determine intent. So anyone outside of the UN using that definition is just abusing the word. I personally am offended when people use  genocide to describe things that aren't as it devalues the word. If everyone is accused of genocide every time there is a conflict no one will care if someone is accused of committing an actual genocide until it is far to late to do anything about it.

Edited by Yoshiyoshi
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

35 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Pissing off too many people can have real world consequences when it comes to trade and additional security risks. Especially when your neighbors are known for being associated with terrorist groups. 

I don't entirely disagree, but Israel contributes so much to the rest of the world in so many different areas of development, that it probably can afford some level of "not giving 2 shits" 🙂.

To name just a few:

1) Every major technology company in the world has a major R&D office in Israel with most of the major breakthrough technologies in some shape or form relying on Israeli brains

2) Military development (somewhat connected to point 1)

3) Agriculture (for example, now used world wide drip irrigation, which allowed Israel to farm in the middle of the Negev dessert)

4) Pharmaceuticals (Teva is one of the world's largest companies)

And the list goes on and on.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Israel does not want to genuinely piss off Saudi and force them to take action against Israel. and no one wants to piss Iran off.

Belgium PM calling for sactions against Israel.

41 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Israel does not want to genuinely piss off Saudi and force them to take action against Israel. and no one wants to piss Iran off.

Belgium PM calling for sactions against Israel.

Yes definately. More and more people are making that individual decision to boycott products /services from Israel or any country that engages in Oppression / Occupation or racism in government policies. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

This comes back to the reason Hamas started this war they can not win: peace. it is the enemy of Hamas, leaders of Gaza.  Israel was very close to signing yet another peace accord with a former Hamas ally. Hamas couldn't sit back and let peace take root, thus the insane murder of unarmed women/children/peaceniks on Oct 7th. 

I stand with Israel. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

This comes back to the reason Hamas started this war they can not win: peace. it is the enemy of Hamas, leaders of Gaza.  Israel was very close to signing yet another peace accord with a former Hamas ally. Hamas couldn't sit back and let peace take root, thus the insane murder of unarmed women/children/peaceniks on Oct 7th. 

I stand with Israel. 

I stand for equality of all humans.  I stand for democracy and freedom. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

22 Democrats voted to censure the Congresswoman. 

4 Republicans voted against censuring her. 

Congresswoman Tlaib becomes the 26th member to be censured in the history of the United States House.

Diplomatic humiliation like this reminds me of the time Nikki Haley had the "epic failure" 5 years ago 

9 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Then you are gonna love a Gaza that will be free from Hamas dictatorship and open to new elections. 

Yes, i want to see a free Gaza strip but not one where women and childrens are bombed / killed  and 50% of the housing / churches /schools are reduced to  rubble. 

Israel is currently creating more and more Hamas members by the indiscriminate bombing campaign of homes / infrastructure. 

Hamas is being enlarged day by day....      Hamas is a symptom  ( terrible ) but the cause of the conflict will need to addressed for any kind of a permanent solution.

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Yes, i want to see a free Gaza strip but not one where women and childrens are bombed / killed  and 50% of the housing / churches /schools are reduced to  rubble. 

Israel is currently creating more and more Hamas members by the indiscriminate bombing campaign of homes / infrastructure. 

Hamas is being enlarged day by day....      Hamas is a symptom  ( terrible ) but the cause of the conflict will need to addressed for any kind of a permanent solution.

How do you get rid of hamas on your planet then?

EDIT: and i should state the obvious: no one has a time machine. 

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I don't entirely disagree, but Israel contributes so much to the rest of the world in so many different areas of development, that it probably can afford some level of "not giving 2 shits" 🙂.

To name just a few:

1) Every major technology company in the world has a major R&D office in Israel with most of the major breakthrough technologies in some shape or form relying on Israeli brains

2) Military development (somewhat connected to point 1)

3) Agriculture (for example, now used world wide drip irrigation, which allowed Israel to farm in the middle of the Negev dessert)

4) Pharmaceuticals (Teva is one of the world's largest companies)

And the list goes on and on.

I've got a long time colleague working in Tel Aviv with a medical device firm, and we often work with a freelance  industrial designer from there. Lots of great med tech companies in Israel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I've got a long time colleague working in Tel Aviv with a medical device firm, and we often work with a freelance  industrial designer from there. Lots of great med tech companies in Israel. 

lots of great agi co's too. My family is lucky enough to have bred and raised the best production cow in Canada's history, she lived to be a very old gal indeed, but when she came close to the end of her days on a 400 acre farm, we flushed her ovaries and sell the eggs for 5k a pop. Israel bought a huge number of these and built a thriving industry off of many good bloodlines, but our old game still holds third in the world for lifetime production and so her eggs were a big contributor towards what Israel is doing in the industry today. 

• Vintage 4

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

lots of great agi co's too. My family is lucky enough to have bred and raised the best production cow in Canada's history, she lived to be a very old gal indeed, but when she came close to the end of her days on a 400 acre farm, we flushed her ovaries and sell the eggs for 5k a pop. Israel bought a huge number of these and built a thriving industry off of many good bloodlines, but our old game still holds third in the world for lifetime production and so her eggs were a big contributor towards what Israel is doing in the industry today. 

thats pretty neat. I like stories like this. 

12 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

The people of Gaza will give up Hamas.  Just show them a future that does not involved living in a cage with limited food , water, power, and medicine.

Show the Palestinians a real future and they will turn on Hamas in 5 minutes. 

Edited by moosehead

21 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Israel seems to think its by destroying most Palestinians. And in one month they got over 10k kills with the world watching. Over 4000 of them, children.

Seems like Israel is trying to kill as many Palestinians as they can swiftly get away with.

How else is there this many Palestinians dead? Why are there this many Palestinians dead? What is Nentanyahus excuse, for this many children, women, elderly, palestenians, dead from his attacks?

11 minutes ago, moosehead said:

The people of Gaza will give up Hamas.  Just show them a future that does not involved living in a cage with limited food , water, power, and medicine.

If it was that simple it would have happened a hundred times over by now. Sorry, i know that is a nice thought, and I wish it were true, but the good future will come after Hamas is eliminated, they have had 16 years since Hamas took power to give them up and they have allowed them to build their infrastructure of terror in Mosques, schools and hospitals thr0oughout Gaza. The people of Gaza would not give up Hamas even to this very day while Israel is doing all this to Northern Gaza. Shrug. The reason I included the obvious "no one has a time machine' is because your solution seems to be that Israel should never have been created. That is a nonstarter, the yogurt is out of the tube, now we need to cook with it or throw it out.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Israel seems to think its by destroying most Palestinians. And in one month they got over 10k kills with the world watching. Over 4000 of them, children.

Seems like Israel is trying to kill as many Palestinians as they can swiftly get away with.

How else is there this many Palestinians dead? Why are there this many Palestinians dead? What is Nentanyahus excuse, for this many children, women, elderly, palestenians, dead from his attacks?

Israel with 10,000 Palestinians  now  killed has created probably 50,000 new Hamas members as well are ruined Israel's support across the world. 

All in the name of re-election for Likud.    Politics is a dirty game. 

Edited by moosehead

Just now, moosehead said:

Israel with 10,000 Palestinians  now  killed has created probably 50,000 new Hamas members as well are ruined Israel's support across the world. 

Assuming Hamas is correct in saying they have 50,000 standing army: how many of those ten thousand do you think are Hamas forces?

18 minutes ago, moosehead said:

They should have done that on Oct 7th, its too late now.

• ThereItIs 2