Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

I always find it interesting very religious people signing up to murder innocent civilians.     Odd. 

Like what Hamas did October 7? It’s beyond understanding that kind of behaviour. But I guess they can justify it in their minds somehow. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Like what Hamas did October 7? It’s beyond understanding that kind of behaviour. But I guess they can justify it in their minds somehow. 

and all those innocent Gazans cheering them on and praising their god for the actions of Hamas that day, to really be truly evil, that takes religion

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes so many people in the world justifying to themselves that taking another persons life is acceptable.....

Hopefully Peace can be established in this conflict.  SOON. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

and all those innocent Gazans cheering them on and praising their god for the actions of Hamas that day, to really be truly evil, that takes religion

Take away  peoples  hope for any kind of a future..........   Terrorist ideology will grow like a seed in fertile soil.........

Just finished a quick geo roundup: Hamas currently controls 70 square KM's of northern Gaza (started with 105 square KM's north of Highway ten. it is going faster than I imagined. Apparently the highest Ranking Hamas member in Gaza (most of the head shed are living it up on Qatar and a few other friendly nations with their billions of stolen aid money) is surrounded in a bunker. History does repeat itself, huh. whodathunk

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

I remember those news stories about people refusing to move. I understand that some couldn't due to health reasons, and i can understand aid workers for them staying, but anyone else who chose to ignore the evacuation order are responsible for putting themselves in danger.

Poor people sometimes have a hard time finding transportation or a place to flee to. 

Much easier for wealthy people to flee natural disasters / wars. 

7 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Poor people sometimes have a hard time finding transportation or a place to flee to. 

Much easier for wealthy people to flee natural disasters / wars. 

I seem to recall Hamas told them to stay put as human shields, i don't recall anyone trying hitch hike and not gettin picked up. Oh and the VBIED hamas used on the bridge over the Wadi Gaza. These facts are like the alternate slate of electors in Georgia...lol

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

to really be truly evil, that takes religion

So what then Mengele, Eichmann, Heydrich, Hitler, Stalin, Genghis Khan, he described himself as a Tengrist by way, aren't evil ?

What about Kim Jong Un is he evil ?

Pol  Pot ?

Most of the lists of the most evil people in history contain people who weren't religious. 

Like C'mon brother I know you have a strong dislike for religion however to state that to be truly evil that takes religion is an overstatement. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

I always find it interesting very religious people signing up to murder innocent civilians.     Odd. 

But i guess Hamas murderers might also consider themselves religious....

Very strange world we live in. 

Hope, belief in something goes a long way considering what they are living through.

That its a coercion for horrific causes unfortunately not hard to do.  In Gods will, its God's will has been misled to people being sent to their death for millenia. 

7 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Hope, belief in something goes a long way considering what they are living through.

That its a coercion for horrific causes unfortunately not hard to do.  In Gods will, its God's will has been misled to people being sent to their death for millenia. 

Take away all hope from a generation of young males......  see what is the end result.    Extreme religion maybe is the flame that draws them in.

Such a sad conflict.  So much suffering on both sides.  

21 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So what then Mengele, Eichmann, Heydrich, Hitler, Stalin, Genghis Khan, he described himself as a Tengrist by way, aren't evil ?

What about Kim Jong Un is he evil ?

Pol  Pot ?

Most of the lists of the most evil people in history contain people who weren't religious. 

Like C'mon brother I know you have a strong dislike for religion however to state that to be truly evil that takes religion is an overstatement. 

the handful of names we all detested who were atheists is nothing to the millions and millions of detestable things millions and millions of nameless people have done in the name of their gods. sorry to be off topic but by way of rebuttal. Not to mention the obvious: one must believe in evil such as the religious do to entertain 'what is evil'.

9 minutes ago, moosehead said:

World support for this collective act of punishment of Gaza  is dropping very quickly the last week.    Belgium will be the first of many.....

Yup, hoping that humanity prevails over the corrupt powers that be that are backing and supporting this Israel's destruction of Palestine.

45 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

the handful of names we all detested who were atheists is nothing to the millions and millions of detestable things millions and millions of nameless people have done in the name of their gods. sorry to be off topic but by way of rebuttal. Not to mention the obvious: one must believe in evil such as the religious do to entertain 'what is evil'.

The millions and millions of people who did evil things just because they were evil.

You stated that to be truly evil that takes religion.

That's is simply not true, in any given group of people there are both good and evil people.

As for believing in evil, good and evil are subjective things that a majority in any given society decide on.

Is a person born evil ?

Is a person born good ?

The study of this topic on babies is very new and while there is not a lot of information, it seems babies as young as 7 months old identity with altruistic behaviour.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/are-babies-born-good-165443013/

https://www.bbcearth.com/news/are-we-born-good-or-evil-naughty-or-nice

As for how this relates to this topic, we as a world society have determined that there are good and evil people on both sides of this conflict, that is a conflict about self determination, not religion.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Super19 said:

This reminds me of when Muslims spoke out against terrorism.

"There has been a sustained, inspiring, and significant presence of young Jewish protesters against the genocide and against occupation. The tide is turning, and the attempt to weaponize false claims of antisemitism is increasingly being exposed for the bold faced lie that is." - Omar Suleiman

As the events have been unfolding after Oct 7, there seems to be a disconnect between some Jewish people and Israel. When crowds of Jewish people (both young and old) are so vehemently against the actions of the State of Israel, you cannot now simply say that criticism of Israel and Palestines right to exist freely is an anti-Semetic view.

• Like 1

Speaking to reporters in Japan on the sidelines of a G7 meeting on Wednesday, Blinken said that “the only way to ensure that this crisis never happens again is to begin setting the conditions for durable peace and security”, including “no reoccupation of Gaza after the conflict ends”.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/8/qa-former-un-expert-stresses-israels-occupation-of-gaza-never-ended

Jews and Muslims have lived in peace together for hundreds of years.

Part of the solution right now is not only just condemning Hamas, but it is also to condemn Israel's occupation and crimes. 

How can there be peace if the only condemnation going on is to the side of the only group literally fighting for the oppressed? Hamas does deserve condemnation - kf course, and full stop. But you dont stop Hamas through more violence and killing.. it just fuels more vengeance for Hamas, war after war, generation after generation. Young Palestinians children will not grow up to be Hamas if their entire lives aren't full of war and seeing the oppression everywhere around them. 

Condemn the occupation, ceasefire now, and free Palestine. This is how to eliminate this Hamas regime for good. 

15 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Speaking to reporters in Japan on the sidelines of a G7 meeting on Wednesday, Blinken said that “the only way to ensure that this crisis never happens again is to begin setting the conditions for durable peace and security”, including “no reoccupation of Gaza after the conflict ends”.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/8/qa-former-un-expert-stresses-israels-occupation-of-gaza-never-ended

Agreed, Hamas cannot be allowed to reoccupy Gaza.

• Like 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Agreed, Hamas cannot be allowed to reoccupy Gaza.

How does Nentanyahu plan to eliminate Hamas? How many children in Gaza today, will not have pure vengeance in their blood towards Israel, for the crimes Israel is doing to them right now?