Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So now your stance is that the Palestinians want Hamas to stay in power?  Man, you’re all over the place…

Try to keep up......  Palestinians are just like you and me..  they will support leadership that is most likely going to bring them a brighter future in their opinion.     The world needs to make sure there is a better option for palestinians in gaza.   Humans are the same everywhere, they want peace and prosperity. 

Nowhere is the dissymmetry more pervasive than in Israel’s 56-year military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, which by its very nature is a perpetual system of violence against civilians. Generation after generation of Palestinians have had to endure a racist, gruesome and illegal military occupation that has included daily humiliations, collective punishment, land confiscations, and the destruction of lives and livelihoods. For Gaza, this has meant a 17-year siege of the strip through a dreadful and inhumane military blockade, military incursions, bombings of civilian infrastructure and more.

Although Israel claims it has “no choice”, its occupation is in fact driven by strategy, not by necessity. Throughout the past six decades, Israel has controlled the Palestinian territories in part to colonise them through hundreds of illegal settlements on stolen Palestinian lands, in part to hold their population hostage until their leaders accept its political dictates, which is by definition a form of state terrorism, which means using violence against civilians for political ends.

In short, Israel hates the people of Palestine for impeding the realisation of the Zionist utopia over all historical Palestine. And it especially hates those living in Gaza, as I wrote last year, for turning the dream into a nightmare.

But the answer in Gaza and the rest of Palestine cannot be more killing and more occupation. In fact, Israel’s ongoing industrial-scale slaughter and nationwide repression of the Palestinians, in retaliation of Hamas’s gruesome October 7 attacks in southern Israel, is both utterly criminal and terribly foolish. Israel has tried to live by the sword for the past 75 years, but it has sowed more of the same insecurity, infamy and anger. Repeating the same strategy again and again and expecting different results is indeed stupid. If it continues to deny the Palestinians a life and a future, Israel also will end up with no life or future worth living in this Arab region.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2023/11/9/israels-war-crimes-in-gaza-are-by-design-not-default

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Guerrilla warfare 

Guerrilla warfare is a type of asymmetric warfare: competition between opponents of unequal strength. It is also a type of irregular warfare: that is, it aims not simply to defeat an invading enemy, but to win popular support and political influence, to the enemy's cost.

What hamas did and is doing is 100 percent terrorism, not guerrilla warfare.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

What hamas did and is doing is 100 percent terrorism, not guerrilla warfare.

Nope. Oct 7th Hamas did a horrific Terrorist attack on innocent civilians in Israel 

Since Israel's ground invasion of Gaza... Hamas is using guerilla warfare to defend themselves in gaza.

100%  true 

Guerrilla warfare, type of warfare fought by irregulars in fast-moving, small-scale actions against orthodox military and police forces and, on occasion, against rival insurgent forces, either independently or in conjunction with a larger political-military strategy

https://www.britannica.com/topic/guerrilla-warfare

Edited by moosehead

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Nope. Oct 7th Hamas did a horrific Terrorist attack on innocent civilians in Israel 

Since Israel's ground invasion of Gaza... Hamas is using guerilla warfare to defend themselves in gaza.

100%  true 

Just so you know your tone, you first presented it like Hamas is the Rebel Alliance with Jedi's in some middle eastern version of Star Wars.

• Like 1

Just now, moosehead said:

Not really a star wars fan sorry...  I prefered  2001  A Space Odyssey. 

I like the opening of that one.

None the less what we are witnessing is urban warfare and yes the two armed combatants are unequal in skill or weaponry, but that isn't guerrila warfare. I have been through Battle School and studied armed conflict in post secondary, it shares some elements but on the whole, Hamas in North Gaza is currently trading dozens or hundred of their young men's lives to incapacitate a bulldozer. If the strategy is survival, I give them about 23 more days before they completely fail at that. Likely faster if Israel spends some blood and treasure on the goal.

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So now your stance is that the Palestinians want Hamas to stay in power?  Man, you’re all over the place…

Hamas openly stated the point of Oct 7 was a permanent state of war. 

And this is something people think should be a choice? :picard:

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, moosehead said:

100%  true 

Guerrilla warfare, type of warfare fought by irregulars in fast-moving, small-scale actions against orthodox military and police forces and, on occasion, against rival insurgent forces, either independently or in conjunction with a larger political-military strategy

https://www.britannica.com/topic/guerrilla-warfare

So not against babies and those who can’t defend themselves. Hamas are terrorists, and not true soldiers. They,  IMHAO, fight like cowards. They should come out and defend the people of Gaza. But actually they aren’t fighting for the people of Gaza, are they? They are terrorists. And terrorists are cowards. They will never fight against those who can fight back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So not against babies and those who can’t defend themselves. Hamas are terrorists, and not true soldiers. They,  IMHAO, fight like cowards. They should come out and defend the people of Gaza. But actually they aren’t fighting for the people of Gaza, are they? They are terrorists. And terrorists are cowards. They will never fight against those who can fight back. 

Correct.  Terrorists commit terror.   Hamas are not a true military force.

Hamas is young kids / young men  with AK 47's.

Do not expect them to fight as  regular force.   The IDF is one of top militaries in the world with a lot of experience in killing poorly trained and poorly  armed  individuals. 

Edited by moosehead

11 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I like the opening of that one.

None the less what we are witnessing is urban warfare and yes the two armed combatants are unequal in skill or weaponry, but that isn't guerrila warfare. I have been through Battle School and studied armed conflict in post secondary, it shares some elements but on the whole, Hamas in North Gaza is currently trading dozens or hundred of their young men's lives to incapacitate a bulldozer. If the strategy is survival, I give them about 23 more days before they completely fail at that. Likely faster if Israel spends some blood and treasure on the goal.

How is it not guerilla warfare.  Clearly Hamas are irregulars and are attacking  in small actions against conventional forces..\

Seems like the very definition of gurerrila warfare... in an Urban setting / Urban warfare. 

Guerrilla warfare, type of warfare fought by irregulars in fast-moving, small-scale actions against orthodox military and police forces 

Edited by moosehead

15 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

the movie was disappointing, the book was much better.

Will have to disagree.

This film is ranked on the following lists

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Do not expect them to fight as  regular force.   The IDF is one of top militaries in the world with a lot of experience in killing poorly trained and poorly  armed  individuals. 

Just because I'm a little tired of your taking each and every opportunity to get in a dig, I'll point out they have a lot of experience killing trained and well armed ones too.

4 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Half of the movie was just music, maybe you like musicals but i dont. I like story and I felt that the movie wasted half of its runtime on that. I was so disappointed when I watched it the first(and only) time

Edited by Yoshiyoshi
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Agreed.

Just curious.

Have the posters here not supporting the current Israeli offensive in Gaza.... all been perma banned / or temp banned from posting ?

Haven't seen them posting here the last few days.

I wouldn't know but I suspect Canuckle is out for a while if not permanently.

It would not have been for his views though.   We all have to follow the forum rules of order no matter what our views are.

Edited by Satchmo
missed a very key word
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I wouldn't know but I suspect Canuckle is out for a while if not permanently.

It would not have been for his views though.   We all have to follow the forum rules of order no matter what our views are.

Yes of course. Without rules... everything becomes chaos...    

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, moosehead said:

It seems like the IDF are the ones creating safe passage for the innocent people of Gaza to get out of the war zone, no? Why didn’t these Hsmas fighters NOT help the people of Gaza get away from the war zone? Who in the heck do they actually represent? 

Edited by Alflives

37 minutes ago, moosehead said:

How is it not guerilla warfare.  Clearly Hamas are irregulars and are attacking  in small actions against conventional forces..\

Seems like the very definition of gurerrila warfare... in an Urban setting / Urban warfare. 

Guerrilla warfare, type of warfare fought by irregulars in fast-moving, small-scale actions against orthodox military and police forces 

Oh they aren't doing that. They are dying where they are engaging. It's almost not sporting. It appears they are hitting and moving and hitting and moving like the 100k Finns on skis that repelled 1 million Russians..but in reality they are sending a dozen to die here, 24 to die there, 7 do die slowing down a bulldozer...that isn't Guerrilla warfare, it is just an uneven fight in a built up area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Oh they aren't doing that. They are dying where they are engaging. It's almost not sporting. It appears they are hitting and moving and hitting and moving like the 100k Finns on skis that repelled 1 million Russians..but in reality they are sending a dozen to die here, 24 to die there, 7 do die slowing down a bulldozer...that isn't Guerrilla warfare, it is just an uneven fight in a built up area.

Two more Israeli soldiers were killed in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, bringing the death toll in the Israeli ground operation in the blockaded enclave to 33 since Oct. 27, the army said.

A military statement said a soldier from the Artillery Corps was killed in fighting in the northern Gaza Strip. Two more soldiers were seriously injured.

Another soldier from the Air Force’s elite Shaldag unit was also killed in clashes in the northern Gaza Strip, the army said.

Israel said 33 soldiers have been killed and 260 others injured since it began expanded ground operations in the Gaza Strip on Oct. 27.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/2-more-israeli-soldiers-killed-in-gaza-ground-operation-death-toll-rises-to-33/3046948#:~:text=The Israeli death toll%2C meanwhile,due to the Israeli siege.

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Israel is saying they've only just about 40 troops so far. The Israeli strategy has been to engage, draw out Hamas, and then withdraw and use the air force. 

Another major issue is that Hamas has lost a lot of it's best troops. So you've now got random people with guns facing off against Israeli special forces.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Taxi said:

Israel is saying they've only just about 40 troops so far. The Israeli strategy has been to engage, draw out Hamas, and then withdraw and use the air force. 

Another major issue is that Hamas has lost a lot of it's best troops. So you've now got random people with guns facing off against Israeli special forces.

Easy pickings for the skilled IDF soldiers... not as easy as young kids protesting / throwing rocks at them....  but still pretty easy for IDF to eliminate Hamas amateurs.

Edited by moosehead

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Easy pickings for the skilled IDF soldiers... not as easy as young kids throwing rocks at them....  but still pretty easy for IDF to eliminate them. 

Small typo there, I think you meant ROCKets.

Edit:my bad, I misread your post and thought you were trying to say kids with rocks are in gaza right now fighting the IDF. My apologies.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Cute, very cute. “I’ll call it a boycott but only if it doesn’t affect my day to day life, in which case I’ll find a cute excuse”. You can’t be partially pregnant. So either man up or shut up.

Does Israel get money or somehow any support from the worldwide sales of SSD's that it uses towards the occupation and attacks on Palestine? No. So no need to boycott SSD's. 

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Small typo there, I think you meant ROCKets.

Edit:my bad, I misread your post and thought you were trying to say kids with rocks are in gaza right now fighting the IDF. My apologies.

The Hamas arsenal includes assault rifles, heavy machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and anti-tank weapons, as well as longer-range sniper rifles. In the past, Hamas has employed boobytraps and suicide bombers.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10024980/israel-hamas-conflict-weapons/