Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Perhaps as Hamas unravels with Israel's push, dissent within Hamas grows. This could lead to lower ranks ousting their superiors in order to resolve this quickly.

Betray the few to save the many. Would said individuals be looked at as a traitor or saviour?

Maybe we see these sorts of stories after the fact. 

Not sure whether I saw it in this thread or in one of the Telegram channels - there are already some reports that lower ranked Hamas members now blame the leadership for changing the October 7 plans last minute and telling the soldiers to kill everyone and take a lot of hostages. He claims that the initial plan was to just take a few soldiers hostage (even though I'm having hard time believing it, seeing the scale of the attack and the numbers involved).

• Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, Super19 said:

It's still under contention. Sadly. There needs to be more journalists in Gaza right now and the ones that are staying behind are very brave.

But too many resources are depleted in Gaza rn making it so hard for journalism, in addition to the bombs. 

Journalists?  I agree we need them there but how are they equipped to tell us what happened until someone else tells them what happened?   

Unless you are saying it was Israel's fault there was not a quartet of film crews surrounding the hospital so they could see which direction rockets were coming from.

You may not like it, but I believe the most likely explanation is a Hamas rocket misfire.   No one can be 100% convinced that was it, but I'm pretty close. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, RomanPer said:

Not sure whether I saw it in this thread or in one of the Telegram channels - there are already some reports that lower ranked Hamas members now blame the leadership for changing the October 7 plans last minute and telling the soldiers to kill everyone and take a lot of hostages. He claims that the initial plan was to just take a few soldiers hostage (even though I'm having hard time believing it, seeing the scale of the attack and the numbers involved).

I understand this but what kind of sick MOFU does what Hamas did on October 7? They brutally killed innocent women and children up close and with knives. IMHAO that’s beyond sick. 

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Journalists?  I agree we need them there but how are they equipped to tell us what happened until someone else tells them what happened?   

Unless you are saying it was Israel's fault there was not a quartet of film crews surrounding the hospital so they could see which direction rockets were coming from.

You may not like it, but I believe the most likely explanation is a Hamas rocket misfire.   No one can be 100% convinced that was it, but I'm pretty close. 

Of course it’s a Hamas rocket that did this. That’s unarguably fact now. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I understand this but what kind of sick MOFU does what Hamas did on October 7? They brutally killed innocent women and children up close and with knives. IMHAO that’s beyond sick. 

You are correct, they are beyond sick, they are religious fanatics.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You are correct, they are beyond sick, they are religious fanatics.

I accept that @RomanPer but I just can’t understand how a human, who is a normal person, can do the terrible things these Hamas cowards did on October 7? 
They murdered innocent women and children up close and with knives. How in the heck can any sane human do that? I’m sorry but  i just don’t understand this stuff. What kind of sickness can allow a person to slit the throat of a baby? And then say it’s justified because of war? Yuk! IMHAO anyone who can do such terrible things needs to be hanged. I know that seems a harsh punishment, but IMHAO we can’t have that kind of evil in our world. 

17 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

It could have some legs. 

That could correlate with the festival attack. That was unprecedented and affected a lot more countries with the amount of hostages taken.

IDK I vaguely remember weeks ago, the first week of the attacks of watching a Hamas official stating that US hostages would be used to free prisoners in the U.S.

There may have been a change of plans there if Hamas had knowledge of that festival and the different amount of peoples there and wanted hostages from all over to try to bargain with multiple nations. Some nations can pay big money for hostages. What they could get in return for them helps fuel war with Israel. 

This is just a theory though. I don’t have much evidence to support this. 

Genuine question, do you guys who don't believe in a ceasefire thunk Macron is anti-semetic here? 

Despite Israel's claim of Hamas hot spots and their intent to target and eliminate Hamas, Marron is telling Israel there is no reason or legitimacy for these 10k+ deaths, and is urging Israel to STOP.

Im surprised that Macron has said this today. Pretty much echoing what some of us in this thread are trying to say. 

Curious to hear your guys thoughts on Macrons statements today.

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Genuine question, do you guys who don't believe in a ceasefire thunk Macron is anti-semetic here? 

Despite Israel's claim of Hamas hot spots and their intent to target and eliminate Hamas, Marron is telling Israel there is no reason or legitimacy for these 10k+ deaths, and is urging Israel to STOP.

Im surprised that Macron has said this today. Pretty much echoing what some of us in this thread are trying to say. 

Sorry friend but IMHAO a ceasefire would only hurt the good people of Gaza. Those good people deserve to Hamas eliminated. And a ceasefire will only do harm to the good people of Gaza. 

4 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Dude, you keep on twisting words. I never said that anyone who criticizes certain policies of Israel is automatically anti-Semitic. I think I was pretty clear at what point that criticism switches to antisemitism. Macron and French government provides plenty of assistance to Israel and praises Israeli government when it's warranted. And that is the main difference between "what some in this thread are trying to say" and president Macron.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

Dude, you keep on twisting words. I never said that anyone who criticizes certain policies of Israel is automatically anti-Semitic. I think I was pretty clear at what point that criticism switches to antisemitism. Macron and French government provides plenty of assistance to Israel and praises Israeli government when it's warranted. And that is the main difference between "what some in this thread are trying to say" and president Macron.

@RomanPeras the only person here who truly is a primary source. What can the IDF do to eliminate Hamas while (at the same time) keeping the good Palestinian people safe? It sure looks like the only safe (from Hamas” sicko snipers) option is to go what is being done now, even though there are a lot of good Palestinian people who are stuck in the war zone. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sorry friend but IMHAO a ceasefire would only hurt the good people of Gaza. Those good people deserve to Hamas eliminated. And a ceasefire will only do harm to the good people of Gaza. 

I understand my friend, but there is growing pressure now from governments and humanitarian organizations for a ceasefire. Israel has the right to exist, and to defend itself, but each passing day its getting harder to defend Israel's attacks despite Israel's goal of killing Hamas off and protecting itself. Because damage to the good people of Gaza is becoming unbearable, it's relentless. There is no shame in a ceasefire, unless IDF can provide a better strategy in getting the bad Hamas guys they want eliminated, eliminated.

70% of the 10k+ dead are women and children. That is a high cost, and it's only to get costlier if this keeps up. Many more are painfully injured. Northern Gaza is destroyed. Food water and fuel is running scarce which will lead to more problems for Palestenians. The places for them to go is running low, and the feeling of leaving home is not good. Despite Israel's best intentions, it's unsoiling the entire land to pluck out the bad weeds.

What's the worst that will happen if there is a ceasefire now? No attacks from either side. And Palestine will need MAJOR support to rebuild. And Israel being the bigger man will hold a lot of weight, but must agree to a ceasefire and must lift the blockades on Gaza. And Hamas must vow to keep the leace. No one will touch Israel, and they will gain respect. Because the alternative is assured destruction to Gaza and fuels Hamas, right?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

@RomanPeras the only person here who truly is a primary source. What can the IDF do to eliminate Hamas while (at the same time) keeping the good Palestinian people safe? It sure looks like the only safe (from Hamas” sicko snipers) option is to go what is being done now, even though there are a lot of good Palestinian people who are stuck in the war zone. 

Unfortunately, I don't see an option to completely keep Palestinian people safe while doing the dirty job for them. It would be easier if all the Palestinian people would just leave and let IDF to be an eye to an eye with Hamas terrorists only. Unfortunately, for variety of reasons, not all the people are leaving (some are threatened by Hamas and are afraid to go against their orders, some support Hamas, etc. Are there cases where individual IDF soldiers are exceeding the necessary level of warfare? Probably, as in every war. There are different people in every society and any country's army has a proportional representation of every slice of that country's society. But at the same time there are known cases where Israeli soldiers put themselves in harms way and even got killed while trying to protect innocent Palestinian civilians. These stories are not publicized by the media because it doesn't fit the narrative. And every IDF fuck up is being paraded to no end, even of the perpetrators have been punished for their actions. If you listen to some posters here, IDF is nothing but a bunch of bloodthirsty animals whose only goal is to kill as many Palestinians as they can. Which is exactly what makes my blood boil, because it's as far from the real truth as can be.

• Thanks 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Super19 said:

I understand my friend, but there is growing pressure now from governments and humanitarian organizations for a ceasefire. Israel has the right to exist, and to defend itself, but each passing day its getting harder to defend Israel's attacks despite Israel's goal of killing Hamas off and protecting itself. Because damage to the good people of Gaza is becoming unbearable, it's relentless. There is no shame in a ceasefire, unless IDF can provide a better strategy in getting the bad Hamas guys they want eliminated, eliminated.

70% of the 10k+ dead are women and children. That is a high cost, and it's only to get costlier if this keeps up. Many more are painfully injured. Northern Gaza is destroyed. Food water and fuel is running scarce which will lead to more problems for Palestenians. The places for them to go is running low, and the feeling of leaving home is not good. Despite Israel's best intentions, it's unsoiling the entire land to pluck out the bad weeds.

What's the worst that will happen if there is a ceasefire now? No attacks from either side. And Palestine will need MAJOR support to rebuild. And Israel being the bigger man will hold a lot of weight, but must agree to a ceasefire and must lift the blockades on Gaza. And Hamas must vow to keep the leace. No one will touch Israel, and they will gain respect. Because the alternative is assured destruction to Gaza and fuels Hamas, right?

Free the Gaza people. Eliminate Hsmas. Gaza people, imhdo , want the IDF to help them get rid of Hamas. Thatnk God we have the IDF, to protect the Gaza people. IMHAO the Hana’s people are the worst.the cowards who are take. Prisoner need time. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

You guys joined a Canucks website, yet I never see any of you in the GDTs

🤨

I love this team and I love this city and the people. This is such a polarizing issue and this discussion is important to me. We all live together here, blessed to have our views and opinions. Just talking it out. This has been an extremely intense conflict. We are all Canucks family.

I made 1 post in a GDT btw lol.

• Like 3

Just now, Super19 said:

I love this team and I love this city and the people. This is such a polarizing issue and this discussion is important to me. We all live together here, blessed to have our views and opinions. Just talking it out. This has been an extremely intense conflict. We are all Canucks family.

I made 1 post in a GDT btw lol.

Take a break from this passionate side of your time here and spend some of it supporting the team that you love. 

Just a suggestion. There’s something to be said of putting differences away for a day and being on the same team. 

Hope to see you and others here against the Leaves, cheering as one.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Take a break from this passionate side of your time here and spend some of it supporting the team that you love. 

Just a suggestion. There’s something to be said of putting differences away for a day and being on the same team. 

Hope to see you and others here against the Leaves, cheering as one.  

Alf knows this is in the wrong Fitbit he finds it strange there are posters who never post on a hockey thread but only on these f topic threads

Soo pop c fed rbget it, but he will, of course helpful. image.png.23b0bfa3987f4370dcd347496f20a507.png

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf knows this is in the wrong Fitbit he finds it strange there are posters who never post on a hockey thread but only on these f topic threads

Soo pop c fed rbget it, but he will, of course helpful. image.png.23b0bfa3987f4370dcd347496f20a507.png

Your liver, unlike a hockey team, cannot simply go through a rebuild…you know that, right Alf? 

10 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Sadly, this is not new. Far left has been repeating this anti-Israel slogan for years, they just weren’t as loud.

I have said this before, the one of the few things that the extreme left, far right and Islamic fundamentalist will agree on, is their hatred of Jews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I accept that @RomanPer but I just can’t understand how a human, who is a normal person, can do the terrible things these Hamas cowards did on October 7? 
They murdered innocent women and children up close and with knives. How in the heck can any sane human do that? I’m sorry but  i just don’t understand this stuff. What kind of sickness can allow a person to slit the throat of a baby? And then say it’s justified because of war? Yuk! IMHAO anyone who can do such terrible things needs to be hanged. I know that seems a harsh punishment, but IMHAO we can’t have that kind of evil in our world. 

These people are not human, that's where the confusion lies.  They are only in a human body.  Their soul is with the devil...

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s Friday night…

Tread carefully boys. 

This thread is always monitored, even when you may not think it is. 

Carry on…with respect for one another. 

Cheers. 

gun sniper GIF

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You guys joined a Canucks website, yet I never see any of you in the GDTs

🤨

giphy.gif.eb3e0d510f62a60a2c751f746703bfc1.gif

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1