Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I obviously dont know his story.

Growing up on the Island we have very rough schools. My sister is a superintendent of the district and my wife works for the ministry of child and family development. Both tell me that not much has changed.

To add on to my being a Brit post.

When I got here, just before turning 8. I had my bike stolen/taken from me from 4 kids. I was a scrapper, as most are from Northern England but because of that I knew not to take on 4.

What they didn't know was that my big bro was the cock of the school back in England. My bike was returned. 

I am noticing some differences between American English and British English 😀

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

29 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You guys joined a Canucks website, yet I never see any of you in the GDTs

🤨

I read the GDTs  if I am not working.

Hard to comment when I am unable to watch the game. 

When PO asked us about whether some of us contribute to the hockey threads, I was gonna reply that I get tired of the shit so many posters put on other Canadian teams and players from those teams. 

Some of those comments are disgusting, waste of oxygen etc.

Also " the refs are against us " gets tiresome.

Worried about officials ?

Follow a sport that isn't officiated.

Officials make mistakes all the time in the codes of sport I watch.

They can't even get video replays of goals and Trys right, AFL, NRL. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

I read the GDTs  if I am not working.

Hard to comment when I am unable to watch the game. 

When PO asked us about whether some of us contribute to the hockey threads, I was gonna reply that I get tired of the shit so many posters put on other Canadian teams and players from those teams. 

Some of those comments are disgusting, waste of oxygen etc.

Also " the refs are against us " gets tiresome.

Worried about officials ?

Follow a sport that isn't officiated.

Officials make mistakes all the time in the codes of sport I watch.

They can't even get video replays of goals and Trys right, AFL, NRL. 

The fact that you live on the other side of a planet is kinda ok. 

Maybe stop shagging sheep on the farm for one day and watch a game live for once? 

😋

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

The fact that you live on the other side of a planet is kinda ok. 

Maybe stop shagging sheep on the farm for one day and watch a game live for once? 

😋

I used to when I was with my ex and had a internet connection and computer that she connected to the TV, lot harder back then.

$125 a year for every NHL game including playoffs back then.

Will never forget watching the whole 2011 run, sitting down for game 7 all excited.

The devastation I felt at the end of the game was a feeling I have never had before or since following team sports.

• Like 1

I’ll most likely hide all these off topic posts tomorrow, but I enjoyed the banter and respite from such a heavy thread. 

Hope you guys did too. We need to remember that’s it’s ok to find the humanity in each other, while discussing inhumane outcomes of a topic. 

Wishing you all my best, as always. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Indeed I do! I was at the "riot" that finally got them canceled 😉

I vaguely recall that, but i wasn't there, i swear. Honestly our Capitals hockey team were a bunch of juiced up rage monkeys back when i was stompin around in my Fluevog's and pinning my misfits patch to the back of my jacket, lol. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

These people are not human, that's where the confusion lies.  They are only in a human body.  Their soul is with the devil...

Hamas is a death cult. My wife called them that this afternoon when one of my favourite bands came on the house speakers. The Southern Death Cult, Death Cult and now just the Cult..they have been around since the early 80s!!

• Cheers 1

Good luck trying to arrest  500,000  intelligent people demanding the end of collective punishment / war crimes by Israel.....

Justice for Palestinians will not be denied.

The Metropolitan Police is preparing for an unprecedented security operation ahead of a pro-Palestinian demonstration in London later.

The force expects the march - which coincides with Armistice Day - to be the largest yet, and has warned there is a risk of clashes.

Pro-Palestinian protesters gathering near the Cenotaph can be arrested under sweeping measures announced by the Met.

The Met expects Saturday's demonstration to be the largest since weekly pro-Palestinian marches began in early October, and warned the situation in the capital could be "challenging" and "tense".

Organisers of the demonstration, which will call for a ceasefire in Gaza, claim around 500,000 could march from Hyde Park to the US embassy in Vauxhall.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-67383065

Edited by moosehead

2 hours ago, moosehead said:

Good luck trying to arrest  500,000  intelligent people demanding the end of collective punishment / war crimes by Israel.....

The Metropolitan Police is preparing for an unprecedented security operation ahead of a pro-Palestinian demonstration in London later.

The force expects the march - which coincides with Armistice Day - to be the largest yet, and has warned there is a risk of clashes.

Pro-Palestinian protesters gathering near the Cenotaph can be arrested under sweeping measures announced by the Met.

The Met expects Saturday's demonstration to be the largest since weekly pro-Palestinian marches began in early October, and warned the situation in the capital could be "challenging" and "tense".

Organisers of the demonstration, which will call for a ceasefire in Gaza, claim around 500,000 could march from Hyde Park to the US embassy in Vauxhall.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-67383065

Are those 500,000 intelligent people all planning to break the law? 

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Super19 said:

I think they want Israeli bombs to stop immediately. Then they want Israeli oppression to be gone and subsequently Hamas to be gone. Then they want the Arab/Muslim World (perhaps Israel if a miracale happens) to genuinely help stabilize and rebuild Palestine.

I would not be surprised at all if 'they,' I presume you mean Palestinian's, do want all these things?

While most of the Arab / Islamic / Muslim world do have a disposition against Israel?  Even if you don't call it hatred, or anti-semitism? This world views Jerusalem & specifically the Al Aqsa mosque as sacred.  Some are happy to share Holy sites! Will live in a multi-cultural world. Others, most, a healthy proportion, want these exclusively.  

The militant portion of Islamic & Muslim countries make no bones about their desire to have Israel gone in no uncertain terms. 

These more militant groups, while they share a common desire to see Israel gone?  Have almost no interest in rebuilding Gaza, nor refugees. Supplying peacekeepers is akin to putting their own guards in.  Palestinians and Jews would be barred and this would be an opportunity.  Most minorities in each of the major power broker countries of the Middle East are treated more shocking than by Israel's hand in Occupied Territories. See 1948, when Jordan (who helped expel Palestinians, the Saudi's, Egypt and others all attacked Israel trying to stake the territory as their own. 

If there is a peacekeeping force to usher the PA back in to power, establish a democratic program?  And to invest or rebuild Gaza it is certain to be dominated by the US and Western powers.  Similarly, where do refugees go?  It ain't the Saudi Kingdom, they are not wanted in Egypt and as for Iran, Syria?    Even this year, with this 'big' battle on everyone's minds.  The death toll in Sunni vs Shia conflict far exceeds conflict with Israel. 

4 hours ago, moosehead said:

500,000  intelligent people demanding the end of collective punishment / war crimes by Israel.....

The odds all 500,000 are intelligent ain't great!

4 hours ago, moosehead said:

The sad news for Palestinians, is Hamas took on a fight they were always going to get their arses wiped in. 

Whether I call for a judges hammer on Israeli sins, and I do! Hamas also has taken their own people for granted. 'Their' own people were helpless as Hamas took on an ideologue to destroy Israel. Rather than govern or seek to improve the lives of those people? Among the mistakes was believing that Islamic forces would 'ride' like a swarm of locusts over the desert. As soon as a call to arms was announced by sins, lets be generous, at least as bad as Israel Oct 7? 

Their worst sins are not attacks on Israel? Their corescion & corruption of all fundamental systems in Gaza is a giant funnel. Sending money under the ever watchful butt ends of guns and sticks to Hamas. Who then pay grace, their own place in the gang, to corrupt leaders. Buy weapons before they run schools or social programs. 

While I applaud that as mad as you are about Israel? You also call out Hamas. I don't see in these crowds calling to free Palestine, that enough have any sense to the depth of systemic problems. Even without Israel's crimes. I also see too many, waaaaay too many that want blood. An eye for an eye & more again that simply want Jerusalem.

41 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The odds all 500,000 are intelligent ain't great!

The sad news for Palestinians, is Hamas took on a fight they were always going to get their arses wiped in. 

Whether I call for a judges hammer on Israeli sins, and I do! Hamas also has taken their own people for granted. 'Their' own people were helpless as Hamas took on an ideologue to destroy Israel. Rather than govern or seek to improve the lives of those people? Among the mistakes was believing that Islamic forces would 'ride' like a swarm of locusts over the desert. As soon as a call to arms was announced by sins, lets be generous, at least as bad as Israel Oct 7? 

Their worst sins are not attacks on Israel? Their corescion & corruption of all fundamental systems in Gaza is a giant funnel. Sending money under the ever watchful butt ends of guns and sticks to Hamas. Who then pay grace, their own place in the gang, to corrupt leaders. Buy weapons before they run schools or social programs. 

While I applaud that as mad as you are about Israel? You also call out Hamas. I don't see in these crowds calling to free Palestine, that enough have any sense to the depth of systemic problems. Even without Israel's crimes. I also see too many, waaaaay too many that want blood. An eye for an eye & more again that simply want Jerusalem.

Hamas treats the citizens of Gaza like cattle. They purposely create conflict so that other nations impose embargoes. Then they control the tunnels and tax their own citizens 30% on all goods coming in. This is after they skim off the top of all aid payments. 

The primary role of a government should be to do what's best for its own citizens. Hamas is a death cult, but that's really just a front so the leaders can make money from their own people's suffering. They don't really believe in any of their ideology, but it's great if some teenage boy will martyr himself because he thinks he's finally being rewarded with sex in the afterlife.

Edited by Taxi
  • ThereItIs 1

So the most Islamophobic, anti Islam western country France has called out Israel for its blatant war crimes and confirmed targeting of hospitals.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67356581.amp

A lot of people are finally waking up to what’s really going on here. Ethnic cleansing. Burnaby was the first Canadian city to call for a ceasefire, and now dozens more have called for a ceasefire. 

Israel may want to rethink the strategy of carpet bombing women and children and refugee camps/hospitals.

Edited by Odd.

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are those 500,000 intelligent people all planning to break the law? 

Since when is protesting illegal? Unlike

the BLM riots, they’ve been largely peaceful considering the circumstances.

Edited by Odd.

I wonder if the heavy policing plan in the UK for Armistice Day is on account of the Palestinians, then part of the Ottoman Empire, being on the side of the Germans/Ottomans during WW1, OR if they have credible intel that speaks to violent disruption of Armistice Day activities near the national monuments? If we had details of something nasty at say a G7 protest we would preemptively deploy strategic resources and sometimes even make press releases about what areas were off limits, I see this as the same thing.

In any event, no one will be arresting half a million peaceful protestors. Rioters, Looters, Arsonists and foreign bad actors however will likely be detained through the 11/11 moment in the official proceedings. 

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I wonder if the heavy policing plan in the UK for Armistice Day is on account of the Palestinians, then part of the Ottoman Empire, being on the side of the Germans/Ottomans during WW1, OR if they have credible intel that speaks to violent disruption of Armistice Day activities near the national monuments? If we had details of something nasty at say a G7 protest we would preemptively deploy strategic resources and sometimes even make press releases about what areas were off limits, I see this as the same thing.

In any event, no one will be arresting half a million peaceful protestors. Rioters, Looters, Arsonists and foreign bad actors however will likely be detained through the 11/11 moment in the official proceedings. 

Article this morning in the G&M concerning the activity of Iranian agents inside Canada. The article suggested their presence is extensive as the actively promote their political agenda and threaten those who oppose them. While I hope CSIS is actively identifying these agents the article states that the RCMP have not acted when told of their threats by the individuals who received them. Apparently underfunded. When we see the hate speech against Israel going unchallenged by our government it should concern Canadians as to how our institutions have been infiltrated. 

Canadians being threatened on Canadian soil and our government does very little. Iranians, Hamas, Russians and Chinese come here and do their threats and influence with no serious deterence. The FBI refers to Canada as porous. Anita Annan announced a $500 million cutback in defense with more cuts coming. Yet Trudeau has $1 billion for heat pumps in the Maratimes and $1 billion for housing in Quebec. National security has to become more important than harvesting votes.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I vaguely recall that, but i wasn't there, i swear. Honestly our Capitals hockey team were a bunch of juiced up rage monkeys back when i was stompin around in my Fluevog's and pinning my misfits patch to the back of my jacket, lol. 

I had the odd combo of being a skater punk AND a hockey player. As skater we were well used to fighting red necks, the first nations and the hockey players. Usually getting jumped by them. So we used the biker philosophy of fuck with one of us fuck with us all and went back at them as a group. I got along with all so usually solo was left alone. Plus I was also known to not take any shit so that helped too. 

Being in CR..we fought the Comox Valley mostly...lol

We were parked by the liquor store that day in Parksville. It got broken into. We got to our car and some dude is passing out flats of beer. We loaded the trunk and GTFO of there...only thing we really participated in. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

So the most Islamophobic, anti Islam western country France has called out Israel for its blatant war crimes and confirmed targeting of hospitals.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67356581.amp

A lot of people are finally waking up to what’s really going on here. Ethnic cleansing. Burnaby was the first Canadian city to call for a ceasefire, and now dozens more have called for a ceasefire. 

Israel may want to rethink the strategy of carpet bombing women and children and refugee camps/hospitals.

Lol. This isn't close to what Macro said. He specifically said he was not in a position to judge whether a war crime had been committed as he was a "partner and friend" to Israel. He also condemned Hamas. He stated that no nation should ever bomb another, as babies and women would get hit. 

He at no time mentioned war crimes or hospitals.

Macron reiterated that there were an ally to Israel but thought they said choose different methods. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Taxi said:

Lol. This isn't close to what Macro said. He specifically said he was not in a position to judge whether a war crime had been committed as he was a "partner and friend" to Israel. He also condemned Hamas. He stated that no nation should ever bomb another, as babies and women would get hit. 

He at no time mentioned war crimes or hospitals.

Macron reiterated that there were an ally to Israel but thought they said choose different methods. 

I like the inclusion of the global thought leader Burnaby.