Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Isn’t British English, just English, cause you know, England? 

😋

As a foreigner I recognize the following variations of the English language.
American English, British English, Australian English.

Whatever language they speak in New Zealand, I refer to as just English.

Being married to a Canadian I discovered a 4th variant.
Canadian English that uses terms like knapsack, toque, chesterfield and she pronounces letter Z as zed not like zee as we do down here but in ‘Murica. 😀

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Cooee cobber digger blue 

We don't speak freakin English cobber, we speak Austrayan.

My knowledge of the language down under comes from the following.

Movies directed by Peter Weir, movies starring Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman and Paul Hogan.

Tv show Prisoner that I really liked, and my personal favorite of course Outback Steakhouse 😁

• Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

As a foreigner I recognize the following variations of the English language.
American English, British English, Australian English.

Whatever language they speak in New Zealand, I refer to as just English.

Being married to a Canadian I discovered a 4th variant.
Canadian English that uses terms like knapsack, toque, chesterfield and she pronounces letter Z as zed not like zee as we do down here but in ‘Murica. 😀

British comedian Jimmy Carr explaining to an American lady, in his audience, that he is not the one with the accent, is a funny bit.

"I'm speaking the King's English mam"  Jimmy.

" Now your patronizing me"- lady

" I believe you will find it's pronounced PatRon izing" he replies.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That was basically my inference. According to moosehead we have to watch out for those 500,000 people. 

Not sure how you got that from moosehead's post. UK is not exactly a bastion for freedom of speech or protest. See all those peaceful protestors who got arrested simply for holding signs like "Not my king" during King Charles' coronation.

Protester arrests fuel concern over free speech as queen's death reignites criticism of Britain's monarchy - CBS News

Edited by Riddikulus

I'll throw JT's comments here.  As some have been consistently pushing here that the Israelis need to do better.  Seems that is the position of our Government.  

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/trudeau-calls-attacks-jewish-institutions-acts-of-terrorism

Trudeau calls attacks on Jewish institutions 'acts of terrorism'

In an unusually candid interview, the prime minister also opened up about his political future and his recent separation from wife Sophie Grégoire

The prime minister was asked by host Michel Bherer if he agreed with Quebec education minister Bernard Drainville that the gunshots fired at two Jewish schools in Montreal were acts of terrorism.

“Yes, absolutely,” said Trudeau, in French. “To do things just to create fear among a (specific) population with an ideological or political goal, that is terrorism. So it will take more police protection, more investments, and we’re doing that right now to protect mosques and synagogues.”

and

“A ceasefire must be negotiated between both parties,” said Trudeau. “Hamas is not interested in negotiating, not interested in releasing hostages. Israel has the right to defend itself, but all our pressure on the international stage on Israel is to do more to prevent the death of innocents.”

• Like 3

Endangering the lives of premature babies to get your target is bad.

Over 11k now dead. 70% women and children.

Nearly 30k injured. 

70% of Gazans are now displaced.

No electricity for a month.

But yes, definitely, don't stop this fight against Hamas, keep this war going until every Hamas and terrorist is dead, right? 

31 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Endangering the lives of premature babies to get your target is bad.

Over 11k now dead. 70% women and children.

Nearly 30k injured. 

70% of Gazans are now displaced.

No electricity for a month.

But yes, definitely, don't stop this fight against Hamas, keep this war going until every Hamas and terrorist is dead, right? 

Why don’t the Hamas fighters just surrender? Wouldn’t that end the conflict? 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A ceasefire would as well. Any further bomb dropped in Gaza would be condemned and any other attack from Hamas would be condemned. A ceasefire now would save human life which is the most precious thing on earth.  How much more bloodshed is needed for Hamas goals or Israeli goals to be achieved?

4 hours ago, Taxi said:

Lol. This isn't close to what Macro said. He specifically said he was not in a position to judge whether a war crime had been committed as he was a "partner and friend" to Israel. He also condemned Hamas. He stated that no nation should ever bomb another, as babies and women would get hit. 

He at no time mentioned war crimes or hospitals.

Macron reiterated that there were an ally to Israel but thought they said choose different methods. 

He quite literally said “no justification” in regards to bombing children and women. Those are war crimes……

3 minutes ago, Super19 said:

A ceasefire would as well. Any further bomb dropped in Gaza would be condemned and any other attack from Hamas would be condemned. A ceasefire now would save human life which is the most precious thing on earth.  How much more bloodshed is needed for Hamas goals or Israeli goals to be achieved?

but only one side will cease fire. Hamas continues to lob rockets every chance it gets. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Super19 said:

Nentanyahu sounds pissed at what Macron dared to say.

“But but that’s not what Macron was saying!!!!!!” -

i guess not everyone is okay with the indiscriminate targeting hospitals with women and children.

”no justification”

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why haven't doctors without borders, or any journalists or any independent source made any indication that Hamas was at the hospital? Only the IDF is insisting that Hamas is there.

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

dunno. If Hamas is going to use a hospital as a base, I don't see what choice there is. 

Let’s talk about logical consistency

So a group of robbers rob a bank, holds everyone as hostage, think it’s a justified reaction to blow up the entire bank to kill a couple of robbers at the expense of innocent others?

There’s proportionate responses, and disproportionate ones. Go in there and find Hamas, as far as reports go IDF hasn’t even gone more than 40km into Gaza. Go free your hostages if u cared about them.

Edited by Odd.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Let’s talk about logical consistency

So a group of robbers rob a bank, holds everyone as hostage, think it’s a justified reaction to blow up the entire bank to kill a couple of robbers at the expense of innocent others?

There’s proportionate responses, and disproportionate ones. Go in there and find Hamas, as far as reports go IDF hasn’t even gone more than 40km into Gaza. Go free your hostages if u cared about them.

sure like its that easy. IDF are just being lazy and prefer to blow up babies, is that what I'm supposed to believe?