Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

"proof"

Whatever it takes to assuage the guilt 

It's a tough war but Israel has the right to defend itself and wipe out Hamas. All those people marching for a ceasefire and liberation of Palestine are just sadly misinformed. Israel is doing the best it can to limit civilian casualties but it's hard to do so when Hamas are cowards and using human shields and have built bases at schools, refugee camps, hospitals, mosques, churches, and residential neighborhoods in Gaza. 

This is the Israeli perspective.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

"proof"

Whatever it takes to assuage the guilt 

Is there still guilt in the ME? I would have thought that ship sailed a long time ago.

Is there any country there that would feel guilty if Israel were destroyed tomorrow? I don't think so. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, Super19 said:

It's a tough war but Israel has the right to defend itself and wipe out Hamas. All those people marching for a ceasefire and liberation of Palestine are just sadly misinformed. Israel is doing the best it can to limit civilian casualties but it's hard to do so when Hamas are cowards and using human shields and have built bases at schools, refugee camps, hospitals, mosques, churches, and residential neighborhoods in Gaza. 

I haven't heard the plan to protect Israel yet from these folks - is there one?

• ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Is there still guilt in the ME? I would have thought that ship sailed a long time ago.

Is there any country there that would feel guilty if Israel were destroyed tomorrow? I don't think so. 

It’s clear the IDF is going to eliminate Hamas. Then we will see a lot of countries build up Gaza. Building Gaza and bringing their people a better tomorrow cannot happen while Hamas exists. 

Edited by Alflives
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Super19 said:

"proof"

Not a gd thing you wrote makes any difference to me.  When a politician makes a claim like that to justify their position we know it's a load of bettman

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

I was watching CNN today.

I thought Chris Christie made a small but important fact

There was a Cease Fire in place on October 6th, which Hamas broke.....

and from my perspective.............

The first civilians killed, that day, were Israeli's

Where were the Palestinian voices that day? Where was the call for justice that day? Did any Palestinian call for war crimes that day? 

Actually, has any Palestinian called for Hamas to be brought forward for war crimes, since?

Has Syria, Iran, Jordan or the Saudi's?

People need to ask that question as well......then you get a better perspective

They uh....they don't get a voice dude.  That is about the single largest thing forgotten by people asking for answers or looking for justification.

Palestinians do not in fact have a voice here.  Hamas is not palestine or palestinians.  It is an organization that stole power and refuses to give it up.

People need to ask that question and then follow it up with why.  Then you get a better perspective.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Super19 said:

"What kind of country are we?"

What did they say that is wrong?

That is actually a pretty impassioned speech and nothing that individual said at all in any way promotes anything but support for the palestinian people who seem to genuinely be forgotten here in the rush to liquidate hamas.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

That is actually a pretty impassioned speech and nothing that individual said at all in any way promotes anything but support for the palestinian people who seem to genuinely be forgotten here in the rush to liquidate hamas.

It's wonderfully aspirational. Doesn't provide any new ideas unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

Perhaps, but no one criticizing Israel has provided an alternative to their current actions, they just say vague things like there are other ways or they need to do better. Completely useless answers.

Simple. Start fully  respecting the minorities in Israel....  start working toward an independent and free palestine.

Seems simple.   Start on the job...  patience.  It will take awhile but people want to see a path... and steps being taken to move forward. 

Edited by moosehead

6 hours ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

Perhaps, but no one criticizing Israel has provided an alternative to their current actions, they just say vague things like there are other ways or they need to do better. Completely useless answers.

Well as none of us are advisors to Israel it doesn't really matter if they have solutions. Saying the amount of death being caused is not good is acceptable. 

• ThereItIs 1

27 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's wonderfully aspirational. Doesn't provide any new ideas unfortunately.

Why in the heck did Hamas hide under hospitals, schools, churches and the like unless they intended using the innocent people of Gaza as shields? Although it does appear the higher ups in Hamas are living wealthy in other countries. 

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

According to Nentanyahu, Israel is fighting Hamas for the betterment of Palestinians and Israel. Fighting terrorists in a war. Just let Israel finish their job at eliminating Hamas, a ceasefire now will only strengthen Hamas position. Don't you get it? And Israel is doing an exemplary job in minimizing civilian casualties anyway - according to Nentanyahu.

Also, Hamas broke ceasefire rules on Oct 7 apparantly. Israel and the Palestinian people are clearly the victims here, and Hamas is to blame. So just let Israel keep on fighting Hamas. Then and only then can Palestinians have a better future.

I think this is what anyone supporting Israel in this war right now is believing.

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

According to Nentanyahu, Israel is fighting Hamas for the betterment of Palestinians and Israel. Fighting terrorists in a war. Just let Israel finish their job at eliminating Hamas, a ceasefire now will only strengthen Hamas position. Don't you get it? And Israel is doing an exemplary job in minimizing civilian casualties anyway - according to Nentanyahu.

Also, Hamas broke ceasefire rules on Oct 7 apparantly. Israel and the Palestinian people are clearly the victims here, and Hamas is to blame. So just let Israel keep on fighting Hamas. Then and only then can Palestinians have a better future.

I think this is what anyone supporting Israel in this war right now is believing.

Clearly there are opposing views in this conflict. There are propaganda wars. But it sure looks like the IDF will continue to eliminate Hamas from Gaza, regardless of what other believe or not. 

5 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Well as none of us are advisors to Israel it doesn't really matter if they have solutions. Saying the amount of death being caused is not good is acceptable. 

Agreed , but there are 5 bordering countries with their borders closed to Palestinians that should be bearing some responsibility in this atrocity. Hama’s obviously cares less for Palestinian or Jewish lives so let the Palestinians out and let Israel get rid off of this militant group once and for all. Then allow Gaza to be rebuilt for the Palestinians not for hamas like in the past.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why in the heck did Hamas hide under hospitals, schools, churches and the like unless they intended using the innocent people of Gaza as shields? Although it does appear the higher ups in Hamas are living wealthy in other countries. 

Because Hamas are a bunch of soulless pos. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, dannydog said:

Agreed , but there are 5 bordering countries with their borders closed to Palestinians that should be bearing some responsibility in this atrocity. Hama’s obviously cares less for Palestinian or Jewish lives so let the Palestinians out and let Israel get rid off of this militant group once and for all. Then allow Gaza to be rebuilt for the Palestinians not for hamas like in the past.

That would be great if those borders were open for the Palestinians to get to safety. But maybe those bordering states don’t want the Hamas bad people getting into their countries? 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Clearly there are opposing views in this conflict. There are propaganda wars. But it sure looks like the IDF will continue to eliminate Hamas from Gaza, regardless of what other believe or not. 

Personally I think the IDF have been oppressing Palestinians for decades and the IDF have fuelled a terroristic resistance force within Gaza that is against these oppressive Israeli forces.

Recognizing that Israel has oppressed Palestinians can lead to action to condemn and lift the oppression being caused, and in return will dampen the fuel for Hamas. This is a better way to destroy Hamas.

I also think Israel is dishing out propaganda of their own, and I fear this destruction the IDF is causing to Gaza right now is consistent with what many scholars are calling a genocide. 

3 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Personally I think the IDF have been oppressing Palestinians for decades and the IDF have fuelled a terroristic resistance force within Gaza that is against these oppressive Israeli forces.

Recognizing that Israel has oppressed Palestinians can lead to action to condemn and lift the oppression being caused, and in return will dampen the fuel for Hamas. This is a better way to destroy Hamas.

I also think Israel is dishing out propaganda of their own, and I fear this destruction the IDF is causing to Gaza right now is consistent with what many scholars are calling a genocide. 

How do you view the wars Israel has had to deal with since 1948?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

You’re certainly entitled to your opinions. But it doesn’t look like the IDF cares much of others’ opinions. They appear to be following through with eliminating Hamas terrorists. 
Once that is accomplished then we will see who helps Gaza gets built up. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That would be great if those borders were open for the Palestinians to get to safety. But maybe those bordering states don’t want the Hamas bad people getting into their countries? 

Some of those countries fund Hamas. They don’t want Hamas to go. Hamas, hazzbula, isis are all funded by Arabian countries to keep at targeting Israel but keep any retaliation away from themselves. I feel for the Palestinians it’s a god awful predicament they are forced into. 

• Huggy Bear 1