Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Palestinians: We kill gay people. Israeli's: we don't. 

You: that is a pretty low bar. Not killing gay people is just slightly better than killing gay people. Do you see how that reads back now?

That would be your interpretation of the conversation. Me: You shouldn't be using the LGBT community as a prop for your virtue signaling when your record for LGBT rights is questionable. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Here is Israel shaming the LGBTQ community for calling for a ceasefire

I found that nothing but hilarious. Well, maybe not totally hilarious but still pretty funny.   Will I be accused of being anti LGBT for that?   Or just funny fluid?

Edit - now that you have brought the subject back into discussion, what are your views on LGBT rights?

Edited by Satchmo

On 10/7/2023 at 2:57 PM, Riddikulus said:

Israel has lost any opportunity to claim the moral high ground. When you go from being the oppressed to using the tactics of your oppressors, its time to ask yourself some hard questions...

are-we-the-baddies-bad.gif

THe first post on the thread from you here quoted and 280 pages later you are still stuck in that head space. Not killing gay people is no better than killing gay people, if you are a jew not killing them. Our posts don't exist in a vaccuum. From a first post to the latest post, a theme is exremely easy to pick out. Sorry if i missed the nuance, rofl, but I did take the time just now to attempt to see if I was misunderstandin your intention. From day one, it turns out, I have understood you very well. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I found that nothing but hilarious. Well, maybe not totally hilarious but still pretty funny.   Will I be accused of being anti LGBT for that?   Or just funny fluid?

It was funny but reeks of propaganda. It's like everyone against Israeli atrocities is being vilified if they aren't showing full support.

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

THe first post on the thread from you here quoted and 280 pages later you are still stuck in that head space. Not killing gay people is no better than killing gay people, if you are a jew not killing them. Our posts don't exist in a vaccuum. From a first post to the latest post, a theme is exremely easy to pick out. Sorry if i missed the nuance, rofl, but I did take the time just now to attempt to see if I was misunderstandin your intention. From day one, it turns out, I have understood you very well. 

You see only what you wish to see. I joined this forum over a decade and a half ago. I have always and will continue to call out actions that I see as wrong regardless of who is the perpetrator or who those actions were committed against. Its clear that based on your recent posts that you take issue with my posts here, I will cease my posting in this thread if that is what you want. If you see me as a apologist for terrorists then that I don't even know what to say. I cannot pretend that it doesn't disturb me greatly. Hope you have a great evening.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Stop with your hate on the Jewish people. Every post you make is an effort to discredit other posts about Israel and the Jewish people. 

I posted about a Jewish soldier placing an LGBTQ flag in Gaza, and your immediate response to that post is “pink washing”?  Why?  Why even bring that up?  Hate much? 

Careful reading this.  You might believe I am antisemitic judging by how this thread has continued (sarcasm)

*Checks notes*

Poster has hundreds of posts criticizing Israel and a handful showing th similarities of Hasidic Judaism and hard line Muslim teachings but none actually showing or suggesting hate towards jewish people 

If the mods were really on top of things comments like these would be met with as hard as a slap as that of those who have been vocal and passionate about that central ground 

Let's not keep doing this crap.  Suggesting this because that individual has a staunch and planted position they haven't wavered from is NOT hate towards the Jewish religion or those raised in it or who follow it.

Bring against a policy or actions of a nation is not akin to or the same as hating a people race religion or orientation and these statements are disgusting and do nothing to help the conversation 

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Careful reading this.  You might believe I am antisemitic judging by how this thread has continued (sarcasm)

*Checks notes*

Poster has hundreds of posts criticizing Israel and a handful showing th similarities of Hasidic Judaism and hard line Muslim teachings but none actually showing or suggesting hate towards jewish people 

If the mods were really on top of things comments like these would be met with as hard as a slap as that of those who have been vocal and passionate about that central ground 

Let's not keep doing this crap.  Suggesting this because that individual has a staunch and planted position they haven't wavered from is NOT hate towards the Jewish religion or those raised in it or who follow it.

Bring against a policy or actions of a nation is not akin to or the same as hating a people race religion or orientation and these statements are disgusting and do nothing to help the conversation 

I posted a tweet about an LGBTQ Israeli soldier putting up an LGBTQ flag in Gaza with the words on it, "In the name of Love".  The poster then immediately responds with a hate post about "pink washing".  Tit for tat.  Whataboutism is his favourite thing to do around here.  Why can't someone make a post on here without having somebody else come back with a hate post to counter and make their argument?

Sorry, I'm not buying the bs.  This poster has an agenda and I'm gonna start calling him out on it...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I posted a tweet about an LGBTQ Israeli poster putting up an LGBTQ flag in Gaza with the words on it, "In the name of Love".  The poster then immediately responds with a hate post about "pink washing".  Tit for tat.  Whataboutism is his favourite thing to do around here.  Why can't someone make a post on here without having somebody else come back with a hate post to counter and make their argument?

Sorry, I'm not buying the bs.  This poster has an agenda and I'm gonna start calling him out on it...

I see your point but there is no one here who does not have an agenda....

Just now, Tocchetdontplaydat said:

The fact that you are bringing lgba-z rights into a Palestinian/Jew discussion and then claiming that you are insulted is all I need to know about you. Good day!

You had a laughing reaction to a post where I pointed out the palestinian death toll and that was just wrong dude. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I posted a tweet about an LGBTQ Israeli poster putting up an LGBTQ flag in Gaza with the words on it, "In the name of Love".  The poster then immediately responds with a hate post about "pink washing".  Tit for tat.  Whataboutism is his favourite thing to do around here.  Why can't someone make a post on here without having somebody else come back with a hate post to counter and make their argument?

And I'm gonna start calling you and others out for being blatant hypocrites or moderate bigots.

Just because your position isn't shared and someone argues the other side doesn't mean anything you suggest.

I've also taken a very similar position and in no gd way do I hate anyone of the Jewish faith and the suggestion I do is repugnant and honestly, gd childish

It's literally no different than the political threads where right wingers suggest that anyone ok with men wearing a dress reading to kids means that those supporters are ok with pedophilia or predatory behaviors

A person with a differing opinion doesn't immediately mean they hate a people a religion a race or an orientation

But immediately lumping people in to that camp sure does indicate that might be true of the offended individual

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Tocchetdontplaydat said:

Why is Israel obligated to save everyone else's puppies? Where are the other muslim countries in all this??? What a bunch of non-sense.

So... because other nations are nations with a strong Muslim majority they're immediately obligated to do something in a war they have no proverbial dog in?

Interesting.

Can someone explain to me why the Muslim countries all around Palestine are not willing to take in the Palestinian people trying to flee? 

I have seen this info all over the web but just can't see a good reason. One tweet said that the military aged men are a danger because they are likely radicalized by Hamas, which would make sense but no one is willing to say it if that is the reason. 

Egypt could let the women and children in, but aren't. It is so strange. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, Super19 said:

You had a laughing reaction to a post where I pointed out the palestinian death toll and that was just wrong dude. 

Now imagine the reaction if people left laugh emojis to the Israeli death toll immediately following Oct 7th slaughter of innocent people

You absolutely know that individual would still be angry about it.

It's a sad world a person must exist in when dead individuals and children are worth laughing about simply because you've chosen a side and they're not in it 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Now imagine the reaction if people left laugh emojis to the Israeli death toll immediately following Oct 7th slaughter of innocent people

You absolutely know that individual would still be angry about it.

It's a sad world a person must exist in when dead individuals and children are worth laughing about simply because you've chosen a side and they're not in it 

Should we be happy for these Israelis who are so happy they are being defended right now?

2 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Can someone explain to me why the Muslim countries all around Palestine are not willing to take in the Palestinian people trying to flee? 

I have seen this info all over the web but just can't see a good reason. One tweet said that the military aged men are a danger because they are likely radicalized by Hamas, which would make sense but no one is willing to say it if that is the reason. 

Egypt could let the women and children in, but aren't. It is so strange. 

Can I ask why Canada can't?  Or Italy?  The UK?  

Almost 2 million people are caught in a war zone.  Canada has the room being such a large nation, why can't we just do it?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

You see only what you wish to see. I joined this forum over a decade and a half ago. I have always and will continue to call out actions that I see as wrong regardless of who is the perpetrator or who those actions were committed against. Its clear that based on your recent posts that you take issue with my posts here, I will cease my posting in this thread if that is what you want. If you see me as a apologist for terrorists then that I don't even know what to say. I cannot pretend that it doesn't disturb me greatly. Hope you have a great evening.

You are free to post here. I simply quoted your first post here, the day more than 1200 innocent jews, large numbers of them literally at a peace fesitival, were murdered in cold blood by Hamas and your first post was "...Israel has lost any opportunity to claim the moral high ground."

it is not my words that you are taking issue with, it is all the words you have used so far in the thread. You just said you have always and will always call out actions you see as wrong. I agree, you have and will call out actions you see as wrong. That is clear with your first post after learning 1200 jews were slaughtered. did you say "hamas is horrid and I can't believe this is happening" no you said "Israel has lost any opportunity to claim the moral high ground".

None the less, feel free to keep telling us who you are. i am not stopping you from posting here. 

Just now, Tocchetdontplaydat said:

Why are you and a few others so desperate to paint other posters with colours of your own choosing? Seems quite personal.

I'm not painting anyone with anything.just pointing out how hypocritical things are and it's obviously struck a nerve because you know how indefensible and transparent your position is and what the statements you make suggest 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So... because other nations are nations with a strong Muslim majority they're immediately obligated to do something in a war they have no proverbial dog in?

Interesting.

Remove religion from the idea and just talk about neighbors.   I see your point, but I do think many could be better neighbors given that the house next door is on fire.

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

Should we be happy for these Israelis who are so happy they are being defended right now?

No.

Because wrong is wrong period.

Disgusting behavior and the celebration of slaughter based on bias is honestly just a highlight of how little the world and humanity has truly progressed 

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Remove religion from the idea and just talk about neighbors.   I see your point, but I do think many could be better neighbors given that the house next door is on fire.

Ok.

So because they're neighbouring nations or in the region they're obligated?

• Like 1