Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

47 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Where are the 11,000 mass graves?  I haven’t been able to find any pictures on Twitter. You would think Hamas would have published these pics all over the internet for propaganda purposes. 

[Spoiler] 

[/spoiler]

theres some propaganda for you to see.

17 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm sorry if I offended you.

Nope, I am just messing with you.....

I believe in free speech.  Nothing you post will ever  offend me....

I spent a large part of my life in hockey / rugby dressing rooms .  Nothing at this point can offend me, as i heard a lot of rubbish strewn about.....

No worries, enjoy your evening. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 2

I have what I hope will be a simple question amongst all the back-and-forth about who's at fault and who's more horrible. Netanyahu has stated no ceasefire will even be considered until all the hostages have been released. Why has Hamas not released the hostages? 

I would seriously like anyone defending Hamas' current actions to answer that very simple question: Why has Hamas not released the hostages?

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

I have what I hope will be a simple question amongst all the back-and-forth about who's at fault and who's more horrible. Netanyahu has stated no ceasefire will even be considered until all the hostages have been released. Why has Hamas not released the hostages? 

I would seriously like anyone defending Hamas' current actions to answer that very simple question: Why has Hamas not released the hostages?

Yes, a lot of this discussion is like the conflict itself.

Let's play the blame game instead of trying to find solutions. 

As for your question, Hamas has been wanting Isreal to release women and " young people " held in Israeli prisons.

Up until now Isreal has refused to negotiate a prisoner exchange. 

That might be changing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/11/13/israel-hamas-hostage-deal-qatar-talks/

Looks like there might be a deal coming together. 

I don't know of anyone who has defended Hamas's actions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Super19 said:

"flatten Gaza"

https://www.businessinsider.com/astonishing-comments-from-israel-2012-11

"Give them hell"

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1710622315816337454?s=19

"There should be no limit to the number of civillian casualties"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/01/lindsey-graham-israel-hamas-war-civilian-casualties

And I heard Israelis in New York on a street interview say "from the river to sea, Palestine should he deceased"

"from the river to the sea" doesn't mean to get rid of Israel, but to get rid of apartheid israel. It's a slogan to establish justice in the region.

However, when Israelis say "from the river to sea" it means to get rid of Palestine.

Also what do you have to say about the genocidal-esque quotes from the Zionist side?

Really? Establish justice in the region; Islamic justice and genocide. How about this;

The charter states that "our struggle against the Jews is very great and very serious" and calls for the eventual creation of an Islamic state in Palestine, in place of Israel and the Palestinian Territories, and the obliteration or dissolution of Israel.

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Really? Establish justice in the region; Islamic justice and genocide. How about this;

The charter states that "our struggle against the Jews is very great and very serious" and calls for the eventual creation of an Islamic state in Palestine, in place of Israel and the Palestinian Territories, and the obliteration or dissolution of Israel.

Let the circle go around and around.

Dunno how many times this has been posted. 

Here's something new 

Edited by Ilunga
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Super19 said:

"flatten Gaza"

https://www.businessinsider.com/astonishing-comments-from-israel-2012-11

"Give them hell"

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1710622315816337454?s=19

"There should be no limit to the number of civillian casualties"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/01/lindsey-graham-israel-hamas-war-civilian-casualties

And I heard Israelis in New York on a street interview say "from the river to sea, Palestine should he deceased"

"from the river to the sea" doesn't mean to get rid of Israel, but to get rid of apartheid israel. It's a slogan to establish justice in the region.

However, when Israelis say "from the river to sea" it means to get rid of Palestine.

Also what do you have to say about the genocidal-esque quotes from the Zionist side?

Sure, keep lying to yourself that this is what “peaceful” Hamas supporters really mean.

3 hours ago, moosehead said:

The UN flag is flown at half-mast today in mourning for the 101 UNRWA humanitarian workers, killed in Gaza since 7 October. UN Secretary-General António Guterres has invited UN personnel worldwide to honour their memory by observing a minute of silence at 9:30 am. He recently deplored the unprecedented loss of life and commended those on the front lines of the humanitarian crisis: “More United Nations aid workers have been killed than in any comparable period in the history of our organization. I salute all those who continue their life-saving work despite the overwhelming challenges and risks.

https://www.un.org/en/situation-in-occupied-palestine-and-israel

You are not answering my question. Have you educated yourself on Black September? You can rise to an occasion and expand your horizons.

2 hours ago, Super19 said:

There is a growing support from the people in the streets for a ceasefire and a free Palestine.

Israel can blame Hamas, but they have 4 fingers pointing back at themselves for the oppression they inflict on Palestenians themselves. The world is also failing them.

No one is calling for a genocide and destruction on Israel. Just an end to the oppression and madness.

@Optimist Prime @Sharpshooter is there some sort of rule about posting reference to a pro-russian propaganda source?

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You are not answering my question. Have you educated yourself on Black September? You can rise to an occasion and expand your horizons.

I know what you are referring to, Jordan, however I always associate the words Black September with Munich.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

I know what you are referring to, Jordan, however I always associate the words Black September with Munich.

True, but you are asking too much from our “i blame two sides but one of them primarily” friend. I’m sure he would find Israeli athletes fault in the Munich Black September as well.

22 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I don't know of anyone who has defended Hamas's actions. 

Anyone who has said that Hamas' actions on Oct 7 is due to Israeli treatment of Palestinians is defending the action by giving justification for it. There are more than a few throughout the thread taking that standpoint.

If Hamas wants to fight an asymmetrical war, then by all means go for it. But that means going after legitimate military targets, not civilian  hostage taking.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Anyone who has said that Hamas' actions on Oct 7 is due to Israeli treatment of Palestinians is defending the action by giving justification for it. There are more than a few throughout the thread taking that standpoint.

If Hamas wants to fight an asymmetrical war, then by all means go for it. But that means going after legitimate military targets, not civilian  hostage taking.

I have noted posters referring to past events as causation and effect, however as far as I know they still condemned the attacks. 

Certainly don't want to argue about it.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

@moosehead 

I don't usually comment on reactions to my posts however using a laughing emoji in relation to the actions of the Palestinian terrorists at Munich is very fucked up.

If you know anything about those events and you laugh about them, that speaks volumes about the sort of person you are.

Would never laugh at those horrific terror events.  Are you serious ?  That is messed up..

Laugh emoji at the other poster that tonight has lost the plot and needs to shut it down...  That poster is just insulting people here and needs to take a break.

Don't assume others motivations.

No one here support terrorism, It is despicable at every level.  

People that are posting anti israel invasion info..  well they are the people that are even more against terror and violence.  We abhor violence... that is why we post against this Israel occupation that is harming so many children...    

What happened in Munich is a very dark moment for all humans.  

18 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

@moosehead 

I don't usually comment on reactions to my posts however using a laughing emoji in relation to the actions of the Palestinian terrorists at Munich is very fucked up.

If you know anything about those events and you laugh about them, that speaks volumes about the sort of person you are.

Those in Canada or any country that support Israeli IDF action against innocent civilians speaks volumes about who they are.......

Edited by moosehead

3 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I have noted posters referring to past events as causation and effect, however as far as I know they still condemned the attacks. 

Certainly don't want to argue about it.

Not looking to argue about it with you. Just trying to point out that the cause and effect is being used, to my eyes at least, as rationalization and justification for Oct 7 even as they condemn it in the same breath. To me it's a lesser version of "There are some very fine people on both sides" and that gets my hackles up.

Thanks for your time!

• Huggy Bear 1

The most far-right and religious government in Israel’s history, led by Benjamin ‘Bibi’ Netanyahu and his Likud party and comprising two ultra-Orthodox parties and three far-right parties, was inaugurated in late December 2022.

The coalition government prioritized the expansion and development of Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank, endorsed discrimination against LGBTQ+ people on religious grounds, and voted to limit judicial oversight of the government in May 2023 after a delay due to nationwide protests in March. 

https://www.cfr.org/global-conflict-tracker/conflict/israeli-palestinian-conflict

Just now, StrayDog said:

Not looking to argue about it with you. Just trying to point out that the cause and effect is being used, to my eyes at least, as rationalization and justification for Oct 7 even as they condemn it in the same breath. To me it's a lesser version of "There are some very fine people on both sides" and that gets my hackles up.

Thanks for your time!

There are actually millions of very fine people on both sides.....

19 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

@moosehead 

@Tocchetdontplaydat had a laughing emoji reaction to my post linking a cnbc article which highlighted the palestinian death toll, to which he hasn't answered for.

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Would never laugh at those horrific terror events.  Are you serious ?  That is messed up..

Laugh emoji at the other poster that tonight has lost the plot and needs to shut it down...  That poster is just insulting people here and needs to take a break.

People that are posting anti israel invasion info..  well they are the people that are even more against terror and violence.  We abhor violence... that is why we post against this Israel occupation that is harming so many children...    

Your reaction was to my post.

I am sorry if I was confused by your reaction to it.

When will you understand that the  " other poster " as you describe him has family and friends involved in the conflict.

From memory one of his daughters friends was killed. 

We are all valued members of this community. 

As for this conflict I must admit that when I read this article and as much as any source, I have found the guardian to be reasonably reliable, I started getting very concerned for the Palestinian children.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/13/the-guardian-view-on-gazas-casualties-mounting-calls-for-a-ceasefire-must-be-heeded

" This weekend the WHO chief warned that one child is killed every 10 minutes in Gaza "

If this is true, it's a catastrophe.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, moosehead said:

There is a big difference between insulting someone and calling out someone’s bs. You seem to not understand that my comments about you fit into the latter.

Still waiting for your answer on educating yourself on Black September in Jordan, about what happened with “Paris of the Middle East” aka Beirut after Arafat’s terrorists were allowed in, about the real reason why Egypt doesn’t want Palestinian refugees in Sinai. Come on, “educate yourself”.