Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1
Message added by Sharpshooter,

THIS THREAD IS MODERATED. 

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE/REPLY WITH PERSONAL INSULTS OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. 

DON’T SAY YOU HAVEN’T BEEN WARNED. 

BE KIND, EMPATHIZE OR USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION. 

~ Your friendly neighbourhood Sniper. 

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

When I see killed babies and killed adults with adult corpses without heads, combine it with documented stories from the other parts of the world involving muslim fanatics, the chance of this being true is highly likely. Also, simply killed babies with the bullet is not enough for you?

Oh you saw them and without heads? Wish you the best of luck finding safety in Israel. 

I mean if you saw them first hand then I retract my statement. 

Of course killing anyone let alone babies with anything is not acceptable but let's not pretend Israel was not doing that for decades to Gaza.

My point is this story seems very suspect of exaggeration for the purpose of proganda to rally the people under one side's flag. 

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Demonstrations by Arab Israelis inside Israel, aside, I do not believe support for Hamas is universal within the Palestinians. There are at least 2 million Arab Israelis or 21% of that country's population. Not all of these people are Muslims, some are Christian or Druze. They vote, hold elected office and serve in the IDF. Wages trail Jewish citizens considerably but inroads are slowly being made. 13.5% of government workers are Arab. Education is available to all. 

My point being is that I suspect this Hamas action might be a last gasp in their struggle. Palestinian ambitions will be sacrificed as they have been in the past. Support for armed overthrow of Israel by their neighbors is ebbing in favor of economic integration. Israel is a hub for many industries, particularly tech. Israel has the 4th highest per capita investment in tech, globally. 

A big question might be what Israel will do if they find proof that Iran was directly involved. Will they strike Iran openly or covertly?  

I 100% agree. I saw a video yesterday from Iran, from a soccer game. Someone pulled out Palestinian flag. Several entire sections of the stadium started chanting "shove that flag up your a..."

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Demonstrations by Arab Israelis inside Israel, aside, I do not believe support for Hamas is universal within the Palestinians. There are at least 2 million Arab Israelis or 21% of that country's population. Not all of these people are Muslims, some are Christian or Druze. They vote, hold elected office and serve in the IDF. Wages trail Jewish citizens considerably but inroads are slowly being made. 13.5% of government workers are Arab. Education is available to all. 

My point being is that I suspect this Hamas action might be a last gasp in their struggle. Palestinian ambitions will be sacrificed as they have been in the past. Support for armed overthrow of Israel by their neighbors is ebbing in favor of economic integration. Israel is a hub for many industries, particularly tech. Israel has the 4th highest per capita investment in tech, globally.   

This poll was back in 2021 and I am not sure how reliable it is today. Not sure how many people were polled either so take with a grain. It also doesn’t necessarily mean pro-war. 

https://apnews.com/article/hamas-middle-east-science-32095d8e1323fc1cad819c34da08fd87

The scientific poll by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research also found plummeting support for President Mahmoud Abbas, who was sidelined by the war but is seen internationally as a partner for reviving the long-defunct peace process.

The poll found that 53% of Palestinians believe Hamas is “most deserving of representing and leading the Palestinian people,” while only 14% prefer Abbas’ secular Fatah party.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Oh you saw them and without heads? Wish you the best of luck finding safety in Israel. 

I mean if you saw them first hand then I retract my statement. 

Of course killing anyone let alone babies with anything is not acceptable but let's not pretend Israel was not doing that for decades to Gaza.

My point is this story seems very suspect of exaggeration for the purpose of proganda to rally the people under one side's flag. 

Really? Israeli soldiers went into Palestinian homes, took babies and killed them shooting them in the head? Are you for real?

Seeing your sassy first sentence I'm not even sure why I'm replying to you. Hamas published these pictures yesterday. I saw mutilated bodies of Israelis by the hand of Palestinian terrorists while I lived in Israel, first hand. Anything else?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

Really? Israeli soldiers went into Palestinian homes, took babies and killed them shooting them in the head? Are you for real?

Seeing your sassy first sentence I'm not even sure why I'm replying to you. Hamas published these pictures yesterday. I saw mutilated bodies of Israelis by the hand of Palestinian terrorists while I lived in Israel, first hand. Anything else?

I meant killing children's as collateral from their missle strikes over the decades. 

51 minutes ago, 24K said:

I take everything IDF says with a giant grain of salt right about now. 

This terrible news is accurate, and horrible. I struggle to find a reason for you to want to deny it, other than a wish that no human being would act in this way. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

This terrible news is accurate, and horrible. I struggle to find a reason for you to want to deny it, other than a wish that no human being would act in this way. 

I don't struggle to find a reason for this person. You can clearly see his position in the tone of his messages. That's why he's on my ignore list now. Sorry, as an admin you don't have the same luxury to put people on ignore. But you have bigger guns...

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

This wouldn’t be surprising if true given the brutality of the attack on the Israeli civilians. 

Girl that was executed in front of siblings and I believe grandparents was on video. 

The Massacre at the music festival. 

Couple dying shielding their babies who were with their dead parent’s body for hours before found. 

Woman getting taken away while trying to reach for her partner who could only sit their and watch as they rode off with her. 

Young woman with bloody behind(probably raped) getting dragged out of vehicles in Gaza. 

Body of woman who was at music festival paraded around in vehicle. Her mother made a video begging for her body. 

Those are some of the ones that got coverage. Hamas went balls to the wall. 

57 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s been confirmed by people on the ground. Hamas will not survive this. They will be completely destroyed…

OK I take everything back. If confirmed by independent journalist then I have no arguments. 

My only hesitation was there are tendencies for ground troops of any country to exaggerate stories to get people on their side and demonize the enemy throughout history that was ultimately proven false. 

Also to be clear I didn't say I don't believe it, just that I wouldn't take it as gospel if it was only from the mouth of the soldiers as was originally reported, hence the grain of salt. 

Edited by 24K

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hamas is literally posting the images and videos on their Telegram channel. Typical behaviour from terrorists. 

I think the first tweet explains my first reaction to it. It seems like an isis tactic and a bit excessive when in the heat of combat given how isis usually make beheading a whole production. 🤮

Edited by 24K

6 minutes ago, moosehead said:

yes hamas is sick - terrorists 

but it is a 100 year ideology that will not go away until peace in the region is established 

Killing babies and then beheading them is 100 year ideology?  Like WTF?

It’s not ideology. It’s terrorist activity that only the most vile pieces of scum on this earth practice. This is why you don’t negotiate with terrorists. Their sole mission is to terrorize and then mutilate humans for their own propaganda. 

This is not typical war like behaviour. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, moosehead said:

yes hamas is sick - terrorists 

but it is a 100 year ideology that will not go away until peace in the region is established 

My first step would be trying to rid Palestine of Hamas but would another extremist group form after the dust has settled with Hamas? 

Palestinians will die in this response to Hamas. Many have already. Gaza is too condensed and Israel is forced to respond with force. 

How will the other nations against the Israeli regime respond?

How do we stop the cycle from continuing?

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Killing babies and then beheading them is 100 year ideology?  Like WTF?

It’s not ideology. It’s terrorist activity that only the most vile pieces of scum on this earth practice. This is why you don’t negotiate with terrorists. Their sole mission is to terrorize and then mutilate humans for their own propaganda. 

This is not typical war like behaviour. 

ok.  So what again is typical terrorist behavior ?

i am confused.